Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,589 members, 7,801,680 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:04 PM

5 Reasons Why Blogging Is Better Than Other Professions - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 5 Reasons Why Blogging Is Better Than Other Professions (9613 Views)

Aminat Olajumoke Ajibola Amiloaded: "Blogging Is Not For The Feeble-minded" / Blogging Is A More Lucrative Job Than Banking – Laila Ijeoma, CEO, Lailasblog / 8 Reasons Why Blogging Is The Best Online Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Reasons Why Blogging Is Better Than Other Professions by NaijaTechGuy(m): 6:40am On Jan 07, 2017
I've been blogging for a while now, most importantly, I've tried other jobs as well so i I've been able to make a good comparison.

Here are a few (of the thousand) advantages of blogging over other jobs°

Age Restriction
We all know that someone can't continue doing all kinds of work when old. Take engineering for instance. How can an old man handle car engines ? Or tailoring. People (especially the younger generation) wouldn't want to patronize this guy cause they think he's probably too old and they'll get the impression that he's off-trend.

Blogging however is different. Blogging isn't a hard job to do and most people don't even know the owners of websites they visit. So age is an advantage of blogging over many other jobs.

I'm just 19 years old and I run this blog NaijaTechGuy so it's not really a matter of age

Limit of creativity
Sorry tailors but i want to use you guys as an example again. Tailoring, as we all know, is a profession that is almost fully reliant on creativity. However, when some people are too creative, they may be ridiculed.

A close example is this :
When people decide to use a color of thread on a cloth with a different color or people who put zips in awkward places . You see? Even if tailoring is creativity, it's not all the time that it'll require it
. Blogging however, is different. Bloggers all know that it's their site, it's their rules'. For most blog visitors, if they're not comfortable with how a site operates, they have no option than to leave.

Immobility
Blogging is better than almost all professions for this reason. Bloggers are able to change locations freely and at will. A school owner and a pastor would be afraid cause they may loose all their members if they change locations. Bloggers can change locations at will and even if they want to change their website, they only need to automatically redirect visitors from the previous website to the new one.

Exposure
The world is made up of billions of people. Other professions find it harder to reach a large amount of people but bloggers(no matter what they blog about), get visitors from different countries. Even if they blog about news in Nigeria, they'll still get visitors from around the globe.

Passion
Blogging is about passion and what you like. You can't be a painter and paint houses a color just cause you love that color neither can you be a tailor and always sew elastic waistband cause you love them.

When you're into other professions, every time you have to act in harmony with what your customers want. In blogging however, it's the other way around. It's what you blog about that'll bring people. If you love nature, you'll blog about it and people who love nature would visit your site. That's just how it is.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons Why Blogging Is Better Than Other Professions by NaijaTechGuy(m): 6:41am On Jan 07, 2017

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why Blogging Is Better Than Other Professions by Afam4eva(m): 6:48am On Jan 07, 2017
The same thing applies to other professions as well. As a blogger you have to listen to your audience and do their bidding a lot off times.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Blogging Is Better Than Other Professions by Kingstel(m): 6:54am On Jan 07, 2017
Wow...you are just 19

That's nice to know. cheesy
͵͵͵͵͵͵͵
See TOP LUXURY & EXCLUSIVE stories you have NEVER read anywhere @ www.vineck.com wink

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Blogging Is Better Than Other Professions by Flexherbal(m): 7:18am On Jan 07, 2017
Ok.
But, every profession is unique in its own way.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Blogging Is Better Than Other Professions by miqos02(m): 12:35pm On Jan 07, 2017
hmmm
Re: 5 Reasons Why Blogging Is Better Than Other Professions by GoodyOG: 1:37pm On Jan 07, 2017
thats the truth...nice one @naojatechguy...

ohh before i forget,wish my blog a happy new month...my blog is 2 months old today.Lol

www.goodiestechs.tk

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Blogging Is Better Than Other Professions by Hafis16(m): 4:15pm On Jan 07, 2017
Nice write up
Re: 5 Reasons Why Blogging Is Better Than Other Professions by NaijaTechGuy(m): 2:29am On Jan 08, 2017
Cc Lalasticlala
Re: 5 Reasons Why Blogging Is Better Than Other Professions by GERRARAHIA: 4:43am On Jan 08, 2017
Very informative I must say.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Blogging Is Better Than Other Professions by thamilarasan: 6:38am On Jan 08, 2017
It makes you self-employed, you can turn blogging into money or passion into money.

You are your own boss, no need to rely on anyone.

You can build your own online fans and community.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Blogging Is Better Than Other Professions by DuBLINGreenb(m): 6:51am On Jan 08, 2017
No
Re: 5 Reasons Why Blogging Is Better Than Other Professions by iamsparrow(m): 6:51am On Jan 08, 2017
Op, your analysis is too shallow, I don't see the "other professions" what I saw is comparison btw blogging and tailoring

BTW

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Blogging Is Better Than Other Professions by oganass(m): 6:52am On Jan 08, 2017

Re: 5 Reasons Why Blogging Is Better Than Other Professions by Emeskhalifa(m): 6:53am On Jan 08, 2017
this 2017 its high time I destroy all mah vaselin, lubricant and quit xvideo and strt doin somthin good for myself.
thinking of blogging but the big question is where do I start from? cry

7 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Blogging Is Better Than Other Professions by Allspired: 6:54am On Jan 08, 2017
You don't need a physical office to be a blogger
Re: 5 Reasons Why Blogging Is Better Than Other Professions by truthspeaks: 6:55am On Jan 08, 2017
So,
Re: 5 Reasons Why Blogging Is Better Than Other Professions by loadedvibes: 6:55am On Jan 08, 2017
So blogging don turn profession?.. unless maybe no be wetin me I dey see for naija sha. Wey one person go wake up say him na blogger now

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why Blogging Is Better Than Other Professions by Alasi20(m): 6:57am On Jan 08, 2017
Owkay ooooooo
Re: 5 Reasons Why Blogging Is Better Than Other Professions by spaggyy(m): 6:58am On Jan 08, 2017
as an Internet marketer, I think buying and selling online is the best

I was into importation biz but due to the exchange rate i now partner with FOREVER LIVING PRODUCTS just 4 months with them am already earning nothing less than 800k monthly

you can check my signature for more info
Re: 5 Reasons Why Blogging Is Better Than Other Professions by vicola0281: 7:00am On Jan 08, 2017
abeg watsup wit diz "I have no Bleep to give or am searching for bleeps" on nairaland nowadays nd who brot d slang?
Re: 5 Reasons Why Blogging Is Better Than Other Professions by Allspired: 7:04am On Jan 08, 2017
Emeskhalifa:
this 2017 its high time I destroy all mah vaselin, lubricant and quit xvideo and strt doin somthin good for myself.

Start somewhere
Re: 5 Reasons Why Blogging Is Better Than Other Professions by udemejack(m): 7:05am On Jan 08, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:
I've been blogging for a while now, most importantly, I've tried other jobs as well so i I've been able to make a good comparison.

Age Restriction
We all know that someone can't continue doing all kinds of work when old. Take engineering for instance. How can an old man handle car engines ? Or tailoring. People (especially the younger generation) wouldn't want to patronize this guy cause they think he's probably too old and they'll get the impression that he's off-trend.

Blogging however is different. Blogging isn't a hard job to do and most people don't even know the owners of websites they visit. So age is an advantage of blogging over many other jobs.

I'm just 19 years old and I run this blog NaijaTechGuy so it's not really a matter of age

Limit of creativity
Sorry tailors but i want to use you guys as an example again. Tailoring, as we all know, is a profession that is almost fully reliant on creativity. However, when some people are too creative, they may be ridiculed.

When people decide to use a color of thread on a cloth with a different color or people who put zips in awkward places . You see? Even if tailoring is creativity, it's not all the time that it'll require it
. Blogging however, is different. Bloggers all know that it's their site, it's their rules'. For most blog visitors, if they're not comfortable with how a site operates, they have no option than to leave.

Immobility
Blogging is better than almost all professions for this reason. Bloggers are able to change locations freely and at will. A school owner and a pastor would be afraid cause they may loose all their members if they change locations. Bloggers can change locations at will and even if they want to change their website, they only need to automatically redirect visitors from the previous website to the new one.

Exposure
The world is made up of billions of people. Other professions find it harder to reach a large amount of people but bloggers(no matter what they blog about), get visitors from different countries. Even if they blog about news in Nigeria, they'll still get visitors from around the globe.

Passion
Blogging is about passion and what you like. You can't be a painter and paint houses a color just cause you love that color neither can you be a tailor and always sew elastic waistband cause you love them.

When you're into other professions, every time you have to act in harmony with what your customers want. In blogging however, it's the other way around. It's what you blog about that'll bring people. If you love nature, you'll blog about it and people who love nature would visit your site. That's just how it is.
And how much have you made so far?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why Blogging Is Better Than Other Professions by nepapole(m): 7:06am On Jan 08, 2017
Emeskhalifa:
Start from cutting off that tin Wey u dey rub Vaseline ontop.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Blogging Is Better Than Other Professions by Orikinla1: 7:12am On Jan 08, 2017
I have seen your blog and to have such a well defined niche tech blog at 19, you are a genius.
You can become Nigeria's TechCrunch.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Blogging Is Better Than Other Professions by paulo220(m): 7:15am On Jan 08, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:

Age Restriction

Limit of creativity

Immobility

Exposure

Passion

How to own a blog
Re: 5 Reasons Why Blogging Is Better Than Other Professions by espionage48(m): 7:16am On Jan 08, 2017
Hmmmmm so we should not look for job again Shei?. most people blogging are doing so not because they have the passion but because there is no job.so you are telling me that blogging is the best proffesion? If blogging is so good then I advice U to stop looking for job and continue blogging. the kind advice and write up that make front page these days is worrisome. Blogging is now a profession!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why Blogging Is Better Than Other Professions by Nobody: 7:43am On Jan 08, 2017
Blogging will soon take over!

Meanwhile, check my signature grin
Re: 5 Reasons Why Blogging Is Better Than Other Professions by danidee10(m): 7:59am On Jan 08, 2017
You forgot it makes u have sense (smarter and more exposed)

Because u must research on anything u want to post before posting.

No one wants to look like a fool in his own house (his/her blog).

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Blogging Is Better Than Other Professions by NaijaTechGuy(m): 8:03am On Jan 08, 2017
udemejack:
And how much have you made so far?
Can't reveal how much for security reasons. But trust me I've earned a lot.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Adsense Earning Too Low I Need Help / 3 Important Pages You MUST Have On Your Blog / How To Reach An International Audience Blogging. Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.