Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,738 members, 7,806,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:15 AM

Oba Adeoye Withdraws Suit Against Oluwo Of Iwo,as Gov. Aregbesola Intervenes - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Adeoye Withdraws Suit Against Oluwo Of Iwo,as Gov. Aregbesola Intervenes (11964 Views)

"My Wife, Chanel Chin Is The Most Beautiful Queen On Planet Earth"- Oluwo Of Iwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oba Adeoye Withdraws Suit Against Oluwo Of Iwo,as Gov. Aregbesola Intervenes by Aminat508(f): 7:15am On Jan 07, 2017
A judge, Olusola Aluko who ordered the arrest of a prominent traditional ruler in Osun State, the Oluwo of Iwo, Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi has handed off the case as police did not arrest the monarch since last year that he issued the bench warrant of arrest against Oba Akanbi.

At the court sitting in Osogbo, capital of Osun State, (Friday) Magistrate Aluko announced his decision to hand off the case because of the dimension it has taken.

Counsel to the plaintiff, Mr Soji Oyetayo told the court that he has filed a notice seeking the leave of the court to withdraw the suit because his client has decided to discontinue the case owing to intervention of some eminent Nigerians in Osun State and some Yoruba leaders.

The Magistrate explained that he was not willing to listen to the counsels to the parties in the matter since he has already stepped down the substantive matter.

But counsel to the respondent, Chief Laide Yekini pleaded the Magistrate to listen to him and consider the notice of discontinuance of the matter brought before the court by his colleague.

The Magistrate insisted that he would not entertain the withdrawal of the case and the counsel to the respondent said he wanted the court to record it appropriately that a notice of withdrawal of the case was brought to the court and the judge had refuse to entertain it.

As a result of this, the Magistrate agreed to attend to the application seeking the withdrawal of the suit and the counsel to the plaintiff moved the application.

Thereafter, the counsel to the plaintiff told the court that a tradition ruler, the Olowukuta, Oba Makama Adekunle seek comment on the matter.

Counsel to the respondent did not object the but the Magistrate said he would not put the comments of the monarch on record since he was not a party in the matter.

In his comment, the Olowukuta apologised to the Magistrate over the situation and assured him that the traditional institution in the state holds the judiciary in high esteem, adding that the matter must be handled with care to protect the integrity of both the judiciary and the traditional institution.

In his ruling, Magistrate Aluko said for the sake of consistency, he would not make any pronouncement on the withdrawal of the suit and that he would hand off and refer the case back to the Chief Magistrate for further action.

He adjourned the matter till February 15.

In a chat with Amiloaded correspondent after the case, the plaintiff, Oba Akadiri Lamidi Olatunde Adeoye said he withdrew the case because of the intervention of the former President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo and the state governor, Mr Rauf Aregbesola who persuaded him to embrace amicable resolution.

It would be recalled that the Oluwo-Oke dragged his brother king, the Oluwo of Iwoland to court over superiority issue between the duo which eventually pitched their subjects against themselves and almost turned violent in the Iwoland and its suburbs

Source : http://www.amiloaded.com/2017/01/oba-adeoye-withdraws-suit-against-oluwo.html

2 Likes

Re: Oba Adeoye Withdraws Suit Against Oluwo Of Iwo,as Gov. Aregbesola Intervenes by tk4rd: 7:17am On Jan 07, 2017
WELL,, LEMME JUST BUY THIS SMALL SPACE WEY DEY HERE BEFORE I GO TO READ THE LONG STORY...
**Modified..
First of all, their reason for going to court in the first place is so baseless.
Secondly and most importantly, a lot of money changed hands. Both the magistrate, counsel to the plaintiff, and counsel to the respondent; all of them got fatter in their bank accounts over this baseless case.
**Second Motherdifiered..
Na FTC be this.
In fact and in short,, I dedicate it totally and wholesomely to LadyF who had always been my mentor and role model in the FTC Hustle paroles.
I don't know why she retired anyway.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Adeoye Withdraws Suit Against Oluwo Of Iwo,as Gov. Aregbesola Intervenes by Nutase: 7:24am On Jan 07, 2017
Hisssssss
Re: Oba Adeoye Withdraws Suit Against Oluwo Of Iwo,as Gov. Aregbesola Intervenes by Bossontop(m): 7:49am On Jan 07, 2017
Heheh!!! Is it not politics dat we know again?? Abeg make dem park oneside make pesin see road.....but btw

Re: Oba Adeoye Withdraws Suit Against Oluwo Of Iwo,as Gov. Aregbesola Intervenes by Nobody: 8:20am On Jan 07, 2017
Re: Oba Adeoye Withdraws Suit Against Oluwo Of Iwo,as Gov. Aregbesola Intervenes by Aburi001: 8:21am On Jan 07, 2017
Yoruba say; koju maribi gbogbo ara lewo re.

So the judge be wan arrest and jail the traditional ruler? shocked shocked

Abomination!!! grin

3 Likes

Re: Oba Adeoye Withdraws Suit Against Oluwo Of Iwo,as Gov. Aregbesola Intervenes by ajalawole(m): 8:23am On Jan 07, 2017
awon bastard. He is still OBA YAHOO YAHOO OF IWO

3 Likes

Re: Oba Adeoye Withdraws Suit Against Oluwo Of Iwo,as Gov. Aregbesola Intervenes by Nobody: 8:23am On Jan 07, 2017
Yahoo Yahoo Oba... lol
i remember when he was just installed, he was in a foreign country governing his domain via I Pad... Nigerians no go kill person i swear grin

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oba Adeoye Withdraws Suit Against Oluwo Of Iwo,as Gov. Aregbesola Intervenes by Nobody: 8:23am On Jan 07, 2017
. one week gone this year already. make hay while sun shines.
Re: Oba Adeoye Withdraws Suit Against Oluwo Of Iwo,as Gov. Aregbesola Intervenes by dunkem21(m): 8:23am On Jan 07, 2017
cheesy
Re: Oba Adeoye Withdraws Suit Against Oluwo Of Iwo,as Gov. Aregbesola Intervenes by Artixmentor(m): 8:23am On Jan 07, 2017
okay ooo
Re: Oba Adeoye Withdraws Suit Against Oluwo Of Iwo,as Gov. Aregbesola Intervenes by datopaper(m): 8:23am On Jan 07, 2017
Why politicians and traditional rulers render our judiciary powerless.

I asked simple question

Is Nigeria a country?
Re: Oba Adeoye Withdraws Suit Against Oluwo Of Iwo,as Gov. Aregbesola Intervenes by herdekunley9ja(m): 8:23am On Jan 07, 2017
Mad Elders grin
Re: Oba Adeoye Withdraws Suit Against Oluwo Of Iwo,as Gov. Aregbesola Intervenes by Ilacage: 8:24am On Jan 07, 2017
Even Our Government Na Yahoo Yahoo Government
Re: Oba Adeoye Withdraws Suit Against Oluwo Of Iwo,as Gov. Aregbesola Intervenes by ominilongest(m): 8:25am On Jan 07, 2017
OK...

Re: Oba Adeoye Withdraws Suit Against Oluwo Of Iwo,as Gov. Aregbesola Intervenes by NextGovernor(m): 8:25am On Jan 07, 2017
So a court order was given and Police didn't follow suit. I pity this country. A country where rich people are powerful than the constitution.
Re: Oba Adeoye Withdraws Suit Against Oluwo Of Iwo,as Gov. Aregbesola Intervenes by Omeokachie: 8:26am On Jan 07, 2017
Is that how criminal cases are now resolved these days?
Re: Oba Adeoye Withdraws Suit Against Oluwo Of Iwo,as Gov. Aregbesola Intervenes by davss02(m): 8:26am On Jan 07, 2017
Could someone explain the meaning of "those who give a Bleep meme" thanks in anticipation... ...
Re: Oba Adeoye Withdraws Suit Against Oluwo Of Iwo,as Gov. Aregbesola Intervenes by dapatro: 8:26am On Jan 07, 2017
him try
Re: Oba Adeoye Withdraws Suit Against Oluwo Of Iwo,as Gov. Aregbesola Intervenes by sakalisis(m): 8:26am On Jan 07, 2017
Ok
Re: Oba Adeoye Withdraws Suit Against Oluwo Of Iwo,as Gov. Aregbesola Intervenes by kekakuz(m): 8:27am On Jan 07, 2017
vc

1 Like

Re: Oba Adeoye Withdraws Suit Against Oluwo Of Iwo,as Gov. Aregbesola Intervenes by davss02(m): 8:27am On Jan 07, 2017
Lukmann1:
undecided

Pls kindly explain that your meme....
It has gone viral on nairaland
Those who give a F U. C. K.
Re: Oba Adeoye Withdraws Suit Against Oluwo Of Iwo,as Gov. Aregbesola Intervenes by DTOBS(m): 8:28am On Jan 07, 2017
Oba to n chashe cheesy cheesy

Swagalicious yahoo baba

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Adeoye Withdraws Suit Against Oluwo Of Iwo,as Gov. Aregbesola Intervenes by abdulrazaq1682: 8:28am On Jan 07, 2017
NextGovernor:
our traditional institution...
Re: Oba Adeoye Withdraws Suit Against Oluwo Of Iwo,as Gov. Aregbesola Intervenes by godoluwa(m): 8:38am On Jan 07, 2017
Smh, idiot Magistrate! Foolish Governor! Yahoo Yahoo Kabiyesi!
Re: Oba Adeoye Withdraws Suit Against Oluwo Of Iwo,as Gov. Aregbesola Intervenes by SurePresident: 8:40am On Jan 07, 2017
shocked
Re: Oba Adeoye Withdraws Suit Against Oluwo Of Iwo,as Gov. Aregbesola Intervenes by gabicon: 8:43am On Jan 07, 2017
this is the genesis of our problem in this country, when an individual becomes above the law.
Re: Oba Adeoye Withdraws Suit Against Oluwo Of Iwo,as Gov. Aregbesola Intervenes by Nobody: 8:45am On Jan 07, 2017

Aminat508

Obatala's festival has started in Ife but goes public by 14th January. You may consider coming to do some photojournalism if not interviews for news.

Let me know your thoughts my Osun sister cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Adeoye Withdraws Suit Against Oluwo Of Iwo,as Gov. Aregbesola Intervenes by Burgerlomo: 8:47am On Jan 07, 2017
Ilacage:
Even Our Government Na Yahoo Yahoo Government

For real? grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Plight Of The Northern Child / Translate I MISSED U In Igbo Language / Lagos Carnival What Do You Feel About It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.