Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,202 members, 7,807,683 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:22 PM

See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) (45554 Views)

"I Have Been Eating Plastic Rice For 2 Months; Be Careful" - Lady Cries Out / 5 Things We Discovered In Latest Laboratory Test On Plastic Rice - NAFDAC / Tips On How To Identify Plastic Rice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jan 08, 2017
melejo:
Op seriously I want to buy the so called plastic rice. Tell me where you bought it, I need large quantity. The fact is that I don't believe in all these plastic rice brouhaha. To be sincere plastic material of any form is much more costly than any rice you can think of. What's the benefit of using plastic material to produce fake rice that would definitely be sold cheaper intead of employing the same material for more economic venture. Please spare me all those thrash unless you are able to show me where I will get plastic rice in tones at an affordable price. There is what is called plastic pellet, people often visit where they are made and upload the videos on Facebook claiming they witness the making of plastic rice. Plastic pellets are just plastic materials made in pellets for the purpose of ease in packaging transportation from one place to another. As for the picture above, that can only be your remaining Christmas/new year rice but bloggers must chop na

Unlike the lack of professionalism by journalists in Nigeria, the BBC has already investigated and shown plastic rice being manufactured in China and sold in India. Plastic rice is real. I hope you do not fall victim to it. Everyone should eat local rice.
Re: See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) by Joshkid(m): 12:57pm On Jan 08, 2017
zoneboy:
The plastic rice can be identified by
1- when you cook it. It will lather. Just like omo and water. It will be very much

2- if you smell it. Its smell like a rotten egg.

3- if you can eat it you will know d difference
when cooked it will become boiled and edible like normal rice??
Re: See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jan 08, 2017
zoneboy:

I didn't eat it oo

So what happened to the other rice because the pot looks like it was full of rice before you snapped that picture.

Don't be shy, if you ate it you can tell us let's recommend good anti poison for you.

1 Like

Re: See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) by GoodyOG: 12:59pm On Jan 08, 2017
pls i need someone to enlighten me....PLASTIC RICE IS IT THAT THE RIVE IS MAN MADE AND MADE FROM PLASTIC....
Re: See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) by zoneboy: 1:01pm On Jan 08, 2017
Ameboperoo:

Try clean this your cooker now. It's irritating abeg

No vex jare. Just finish preparing stew
Re: See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) by zoneboy: 1:01pm On Jan 08, 2017
fellis:

So what happened to the other rice because the pot looks like it was full of rice before you snapped that picture.

Don't be shy, if you ate it you can tell us let's recommend good anti poison for you.

Funny pikin. I did not
Re: See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) by zoneboy: 1:02pm On Jan 08, 2017
FortuneTeller:

Unlike the lack of professionalism by journalists in Nigeria, the BBC has already investigated and shown plastic rice being manufactured in China and sold in India. Plastic rice is real. I hope you do not fall victim to it. Everyone should eat local rice.

Thank you Dear

1 Like

Re: See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) by asumo12: 1:07pm On Jan 08, 2017
9icetoo:

plastic does not foam when boiled in water. put your pure water sachet in water and boil it to see if it will foam. you probably bought expired rice or rice with preservatives or what nafdac described as biological organisms above acceptable levels.
but make I ask sha, is there no local rice being sold in your area?
cos I wnder why someone is buying foreign rice when we r trying to save our economy in any little way we can.
buy local next time. it will help everyone, including you.

Oga where can I get our local rice?

Am in Lagos state... Ikeja precisely...

Thanks
Re: See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) by zoneboy: 1:08pm On Jan 08, 2017
If I dey lie bbc too dey lie.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-38391998
Re: See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) by 9icetoo(m): 1:15pm On Jan 08, 2017
asumo12:

Thanks
there's lake rice in Lagos. local rice is available in all big stores (shoprite and co) all over Nigeria. if you have relatives in ebonyi or anambra, you can contact them to send some for you. if you were in pH, I would have got some for you from abakaliki.
Re: See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) by asumo12: 1:17pm On Jan 08, 2017
9icetoo:

there's lake rice in Lagos. local rice is available in all big stores (shoprite and co) all over Nigeria. if you have relatives in ebonyi or anambra, you can contact them to send some for you. if you were in pH, I would have got some for you from abakaliki.

Can u get it for me and send it down here?

And how much is it?
Re: See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) by oluplus(m): 1:19pm On Jan 08, 2017
9icetoo:

9icetoo, I am interested in this Abakaliki rice, but based in kaduna. Can we work it out?
Re: See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) by asumo12: 1:19pm On Jan 08, 2017
9icetoo:

Lake rice kwa

Mbok I no dey for the stress
Re: See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) by mfm04622: 1:24pm On Jan 08, 2017
samsam2019:
that's not a plastic rice and there's not plastic rice anywhere in the world.

You people should stop making up brainless and senseless lies. I'm an engineer and I know a lot about plastic.

Currently the price of virgin plastic material is more than rice. Ao why would they sell a more expensive plastic in place of a cheaper rice?

Stop doing things for attentionand get a life.

Listen to me again, plastic is more expensive than rice! Stop being an idiot

Thank you. I keep telling people but I think our people don't think. The fact that the rice is not wholesome does not make it plastic rice. It may be expired, contaminated with chemicals or biological agents. Nobody can be stupid enough to use expensive plastic to make cheap rice

2 Likes

Re: See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) by mfm04622: 1:28pm On Jan 08, 2017
zoneboy:
If I dey lie bbc too dey lie.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-38391998

That was the news of the rice seized by customs. The BBC reporter confirmed the rice smell funny but it looks like normal rice. So you can't use this as evidence as NAFDAC has confirmed the rice is not plastic

1 Like

Re: See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) by zoneboy: 1:28pm On Jan 08, 2017
mfm04622:

Thank you. I keep telling people but I think our people don't think. The fact that the rice is not wholesome does not make it plastic rice. It may be expired, contaminated with chemicals or biological agents. Nobody can be stupid enough to use expensive plastic to make cheap rice

The Abu professor is stupid then. Olodo
Re: See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) by histemple: 1:46pm On Jan 08, 2017
This plastic rice, is it fuel they use in cooking it? Because it's difficult for ordinary water to cook plastic oh

2 Likes

Re: See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) by Doyin2(m): 1:54pm On Jan 08, 2017
asumo12:

Lake rice kwa

I do not think I love stress more than you.But the issue is that we have to decide as a
Re: See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) by mfm04622: 2:13pm On Jan 08, 2017
zoneboy:

The Abu professor is stupid then. Olodo

Hope am not the one you referred to as Olodo. You don't know me. Let's leave it like that. I said NOBODY is stupid enough to sell plastic for the price of rice. Did the professor claim he did? Does not economic sense. Take your acclaimed plastic rice to a lab for test and your doubt will clear. Note that am not saying the rice may not be substandard, expired or contaminated
Re: See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) by zoneboy: 2:16pm On Jan 08, 2017
mfm04622:

Hope am not the one you referred to as Olodo. If the professor claimed plastic is sold as rice, he is stupid. Does not economic sense. Take you acclaimed plastic rice to a lab for test and your doubt will clear. Note that am not saying the rice may not be substandard, expired or contaminated

Sorry abt d olodo stuff. U didn't open d guardian link I think. Read it b4 u comment
Re: See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) by lamalang(m): 2:18pm On Jan 08, 2017
Just buy local rice if you want to live long in naija

2 Likes

Re: See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) by mfm04622: 2:20pm On Jan 08, 2017
zoneboy:

Sorry abt d olodo stuff. U didn't open d guardian link I think. Read it b4 u comment

I did. His comment provided no proof, no evidence, nothing. He just said govt should stop importation of plastic rice and that such rice is made with potatoes and plastic. Where is the evidence such rice exist?
Re: See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) by Gerald620: 2:27pm On Jan 08, 2017
seguno2:

Is God a lawyer?
Or is God a prosecutor?
Don't talk about God in this manner again
Re: See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) by Doyin2(m): 2:34pm On Jan 08, 2017
asumo12:

Lake rice kwa

I do not think I love stress more than you,but the issue is that we need to decide as a people to buy local rice,irrespective of the stress,pain or price.

Ofada is also available every where at Ikeja.

On the long run ,the prices of local rice are bound to crash.

I love the stress to make Nigeria great again,I am a proud Lake rice eater!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) by seguno2: 2:40pm On Jan 08, 2017
Gerald620:
Don't talk about God in this manner again

Why?
Are you God or are you his advocate?
BTW, I think that you should address your comprehension challenges first.
Re: See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) by jinxet2000: 2:53pm On Jan 08, 2017
Trust me our institution did not make research well. I am not absolute sure but what I can say is that plastic is supposed to be plastic resin they use for making plastic containers but are packaged in tiny forms for transportation. If they are bagged for rice, I don't know if they are sold for rice, well I don't know but I doubt.
Re: See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) by Xzbit91: 3:25pm On Jan 08, 2017
GoodyOG:
pls i need someone to enlighten me....PLASTIC RICE IS IT THAT THE RIVE IS MAN MADE AND MADE FROM PLASTIC....
What's the difference?
Re: See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) by googlepikins: 4:15pm On Jan 08, 2017
zoneboy:
May God save us. Plastic rice is indeed real. See pictures below
see as your pot bend like something wey dem dey use cook dog food.

1 Like

Re: See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) by Collyno82(m): 4:19pm On Jan 08, 2017
Pidgin2:
Unknown to me, i cooked rice yesterday and discovered it was watery a few hours later, I had to throw it away, may God help
Pidgin2, maybe ur a bad cook. Sensing u over add water Daz d reason it's watery
Re: See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) by FILEBE(m): 4:20pm On Jan 08, 2017
slysteel:
You don't even know what plastic rice is and you are describing it for people.

Enlighten us with a description sir.
Re: See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) by masties2(f): 4:24pm On Jan 08, 2017
[quote author=asumo12 post=52634984]

Thanks
Re: See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jan 08, 2017
Collyno82:

Pidgin2, maybe ur a bad cook. Sensing u over add water Daz d reason it's watery

tongue You are not serious

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is It Safe To Place Your Gas Cylynder In The Kitchen / Roasting The Monitor Lizard Caught In Our Rice Farm Today (Photos) / Foods You Shouldn’t Keep In Your Freezer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.