Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,875 members, 7,802,810 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:18 PM

D - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / D (25601 Views)

'prayers Don't Work' – Nigerian Man Writes On Facebook / Four Reasons Why Spells (charms) Don't Work For You / D (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

D by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jan 07, 2017
D

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: D by yomi007k(m): 2:40pm On Jan 07, 2017
grin

They will avoid this thread like a plague because its true.

5 Likes

Re: D by randomperson: 2:50pm On Jan 07, 2017
If Christians held god to his promises, the same way they hold Buhari, they would discover he doesn't exist...
For years Christians all over Nigeria prayed every Sunday for god to curb the menace of boko haram but the terrorists kept killing people, usually Christians on a regular basis..
What kind of god allows his children to die needlessly like that??
Answer: One who doesn't exist.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: D by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jan 07, 2017
Okay. My cuts have healed so well I barely have a mark. Those cells just into rapid repare mode as soon as I say "Jesus!" cool

4 Likes

Re: D by Edenoscar(m): 3:01pm On Jan 07, 2017
I walked in a days ago to see my mom watching tb joshua where a guy was giving a testimony of how the holy spirit healed him of a serious leg injury years ago, he was being grilled by a guy with a mic to add more effect and show how awesome the testimony was, so i sat on a chair close to my mom and was watching the tv closely when suddenly a big smile flashed on my face, after a few seconds i took a peek at my mom and noticed her staring at me expecting me to say something cos she knew i was always skeptical about things like this, i just smiled at her,stood up and left while suppressing the laughter building up in me, but why did i smile in the first place right at spot where the injury was which was supposedly healed by the hole-ly spirit was a very big scar, and i thought if the holy spirit could heal such injury then why cant it heal the scar?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: D by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jan 07, 2017
Edenoscar:
I walked in a days ago to see my mom watching tb joshua where a guy was giving a testimony of how the holy spirit healed him of a serious leg injury years ago, he was being grilled by a guy with a mic to add more effect and show how awesome the testimony was, so i sat on a chair close to my mom and was watching the tv closely when suddenly a big smile flashed on my face, after a few seconds i took a peek at my mom and noticed her staring at me expecting me to say something cos she knew i was always skeptical about things like this, i just smiled at her,stood up and left while suppressing the laughter building up in me, but why did i smile in the first place right at spot where the injury was which was supposedly healed by the hole-ly spirit was a very big scar, and i thought if the holy spirit could heal such injury then why cant it heal the scar?
I guess its not a miracle worker grin grin

2 Likes

Re: D by Edenoscar(m): 3:10pm On Jan 07, 2017
Lennycool:

I guess its not a miracle worker grin grin
but will these christians ever listen
Re: D by jonbellion(m): 3:16pm On Jan 07, 2017
Edenoscar:

Mr man remove this Oscar from your moniker na
It's bringing back memories
First Mata now this embarassed

1 Like

Re: D by jonbellion(m): 3:18pm On Jan 07, 2017
Edenoscar:

nope they'll rather demonise everyone that does not share the steewped faith

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: D by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jan 07, 2017
Edenoscar:

Delusion is bliss

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: D by Ermacc: 3:37pm On Jan 07, 2017
Here's what your prayer challenge sounds like: Next time i have an urgent business travel to make and i'm behind schedule, I should pray to God to teleport me instantly to my destination.
Re: D by hopefulLandlord: 3:44pm On Jan 07, 2017
Ermacc:
Here's what your prayer challenge sounds like: Next time i have an urgent business travel to make and i'm behind schedule, I should pray to God to teleport me instantly to my destination.

you're saying your god that said you can - with faith as small as mustard seed - tell mount Everest to move from Nepal to Lagos and it would happen can't teleport you?

and are you in anyway comparing healing a burn and teleporting?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: D by mrmrmister: 3:57pm On Jan 07, 2017
All I'm concerned about is the noise they make.
I slept very late yesterday and early this morning, just when the sleep was beginning to set in, I was robbed of my sleep by members of winners chapel sad

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: D by Edenoscar(m): 4:39pm On Jan 07, 2017
jonbellion:
Mr man remove this Oscar from your moniker na
It's bringing back memories
First Mata now this embarassed
you wont understand wink
Re: D by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jan 07, 2017
Ermacc:
Nice try but this is not business, this is urgent unexpected pain. Why should God be silent to your suffering.
Re: D by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jan 07, 2017
Where is 4everGod felixomor and kingebukasblog
grin grin
I'm expecting a response from the apologists
Re: D by pesty100(m): 7:38pm On Jan 07, 2017
What has this Gods done for us anyways you guys should pray to me, so that if your prayers aren't answered you will me to blame.
Re: D by CHARLOE(m): 7:50pm On Jan 07, 2017
mrmrmister:
All I'm concerned about is the noise they make.
I slept very late yesterday and early this morning, just when the sleep was beginning to set in, I was robbed of my sleep by members of winners chapel sad
And if u dare complain, they'll say holy ghost fire dey burn u, say u b winch! grin

4 Likes

Re: D by lionlamb020(m): 10:12pm On Jan 07, 2017
You guys just never learn... Smh
Re: D by HCpaul(m): 11:01pm On Jan 07, 2017
lionlamb020:
You guys just not never learn... Smh

Really?

Ok! So you, the light and the salt of the world should please teach us about your faulty faith.

Even when I was a Christian, I stopped praying when I could no longer deceive myself any longer. It was all obvious to me that I was talking to myself and that no any sky daddy up there was busy processing and working on my petitions.

You people will pray against a problem and at the end of the day, you will as well become the pioneer of the solution "the administrator of your own success " and at the end, you will climb that your stupid alter in your nonsensical gathering (church) and will testify how God (in place of your own ability and initiative) provided the solution miraculously.

You know...... Apart from being cajoled by people, the day you can no longer deceive yourself is the day the burning sensation, guts and the curiosity to question your religious belief begins and to as well decline and detach them if they are found guilty of been delusional.

Bill Gates mother once questioned him that what was he doing, but the little kid replied "Mum, I am thinking".

Today, the product of his thought is apparently evident to the world. It cannot be deny.

millions of Christians are praying and a little kid was busy thinking. Now, the whole world are benefitting from his thoughts while your prayers constitute nothing but nuisance to the community.

Imagine that he was praying, what would have been the fate of his destiny and that of the entire human race

Prayer to me is nothing but a reflection and an expression of a mind that is too lazy to think, plan and take accurate judgement.

It is nothing but the religious way of shifting responsibility and wishfully hoping for an unknown hand to anticipate it and deliver a positive results.

I will rather think than to waste my lifetime praying to an in-existing imaginary sky brother.

If not that the Christians can't think, 3 young dudes were executed on the cross (same day), and one out of smartness, greediness, and an eternal lust for fame and abiding popularity nominated himself as the saviour of mankind.

Gush...

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: D by cjfbn: 12:40am On Jan 08, 2017
The problem with Christianity is that we have greatly misunderstood the Bible and we interpret it in such a way to suit our needs and beliefs. This gave rise to atheism because rational people will pick so many holes with the interpretation the church gives.
I just wish that I will come across an atheist where we can talk.
I stay in Enugu, anyone free could reach me, let's talk and relate. I am not an atheist but a different Christian.
My email is chijiokefbn@gmail.com.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: D by Nobody: 5:36am On Jan 08, 2017
HCpaul:

Really?

Ok! So you, the light and the salt of the world should please teach us about your faulty faith.

Even when I was a Christian, I stopped praying when I could no longer deceive myself any longer. It was all obvious to me that I was talking to myself and that no any sky daddy up there was busy processing and working on my petitions.

You people will pray against a problem and at the end of the day, you will as well become the pioneer of the solution "the administrator of your own success " and at the end, you will climb that your stupid alter in your nonsensical gathering (church) and will testify how God (in place of your own ability and initiative) provided the solution miraculously.

You know...... Apart from being cajoled by people, the day you can no longer deceive yourself is the day the burning sensation, guts and the curiosity to question your religious belief begins and to as well decline and detach them if they are found guilty of been delusional.

Bill Gates mother once questioned him that what was he doing, but the little kid replied "Mum, I am thinking".

Today, the product of his thought is apparently evident to the world. It cannot be deny.

millions of Christians are praying and a little kid was busy thinking. Now, the whole world are benefitting from his thoughts while your prayers constitute nothing but nuisance to the community.

Imagine that he was praying, what would have been the fate of his destiny and that of the entire human race

Prayer to me is nothing but a reflection and an expression of a mind that is too lazy to think, plan and take accurate judgement.

It is nothing but the religious way of shifting responsibility and wishfully hoping for an unknown hand to anticipate it and deliver a positive results.

I will rather think than to waste my lifetime praying to an in-existing imaginary sky brother.

If not that the Christians can't think, 3 young dudes were executed on the cross (same day), and one out of smartness, greediness, and an eternal lust for fame and abiding popularity nominated himself as the saviour of mankind.

Gush...
Reminds me of a quote
"Give a man a fish and you feed him a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him a life time, but teach a man to pray and he'll die praying for a fish."

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: D by lionlamb020(m): 9:30am On Jan 08, 2017
HCpaul:

Really?

Gush...
I actually don't intend to argue with you cos there's actually no point. The short period I've spent on NL has shown me that you guys only look for things to criticize to favor your disbelief, which actually isn't my problem. But if you really "think" as you claim, whether or not you accept the existence of God, you'll know that there's actually something greater than us all.. Only people who have balanced thoughts come to that conclusion
Re: D by Seun(m): 10:08am On Jan 08, 2017
lionlamb020:
But if you really "think" as you claim, whether or not you accept the existence of God, you'll know that there's actually something greater than us all.. Only people who have balanced thoughts come to that conclusion
But do you agree that prayer does not work? Would you accept the observation that the "thing greater than us", even if it exists, evidently doesn't answer prayers?

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: D by lionlamb020(m): 10:51am On Jan 08, 2017
Seun:
But do you agree that prayer does not work? Would you accept the observation that the "thing greater than us", even if it exists, evidently doesn't answer prayers?
No I don't.. I am100% positive that He answers prayers.. There's enough room in this world for everyone to choose what they want to believe.. But please let's stop trying to ridicule anyone's belief.. If you feel you're the "enlightened" ones, then show your enlightenment by giving respect to others and their beliefs no matter what you think of them..

2 Likes

Re: D by JesusPowers: 11:30am On Jan 08, 2017
Seun:
Behold the CEO of nairaland aggressively doing the work of he that sent him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: D by tolextony(m): 11:33am On Jan 08, 2017
Lennycool:
The experiment goes like this, next time you have a physically visible injury (I insist on visible because most so called healings are just placebo effects that alter our mental state, if its visible no matter how well you feel the cut would still be there, your altered mind has little effect on the physical) , like a cut on your skin, a burn e.t.c you should pray to God to heal you. If prayer really worked you should be healed in a matter of minutes or atmost an hour.
But many reading this already know the prayer won't work and might already be coming up with these excuses

Faith: If it doesn't work most might come up with the excuse that they don't have enough faith, yet Jesus said that if only you possess faith as small as a mustard seed you should be able to move mountains, so that much faith shouldn't be required for a simple injury.

Testing God: Again most might come up with the excuse that they are testing God, but again this would be wrong, you have an injury and you're in pain, you ask your heavenly father to heal you. How is this testing God?

God has his own time:,Another excuse might be that God takes his time, but again this is just another attempt to deny the obvious, why should God wait that long to heal you of something that is presently causing you pain?

You can't deny the obvious, the prayer won't work because no one is answering them.

The Templeton foundation has even carried out research on prayers, and found them even detrimental to the health of sick patients.

I wondered wat u guys stand to gain in all dz anti-Christ post... Jesus lived over 2000years a lot.. a lot of people have stood against His teaching and want the name Jesus to be forgotten. has dz happened? nope... Jesus is still known today rather its those anti-Christ that are no where to be found... if u don't believe in Jesus why not just ignore him n preach ur own faith.. as regards the healing part, why wasting time praying for healing when am already sure God has made my body to heal itself.. healing of cut is only prolong if the wound is exposed to microorganism... any medication u apply is jus to curb microorganisms effect...naturally Wtout any side effect, the body is made to heal itself... its jus DAT most of u gv credits to scientist who discovered it rather than God who made it DAT way....
Re: D by randomperson: 11:39am On Jan 08, 2017
tolextony:

I wondered wat u guys stand to gain in all dz anti-Christ post... Jesus lived over 2000years a lot.. a lot of people have stood against His teaching and want the name Jesus to be forgotten. has dz happened? nope... Jesus is still known today rather its those anti-Christ that are no where to be found... if u don't believe in Jesus why not just ignore him n preach ur own faith.. as regards the healing part, why wasting time praying for healing when am already sure God has made my body to heal itself.. healing of cut is only prolong if the wound is exposed to microorganism... any medication u apply is jus to curb microorganisms effect...naturally Wtout any side effect, the body is made to heal itself... its jus DAT most of u gv credits to scientist who discovered it rather than God who made it DAT way....
So what does God do for his children?? Does he just sit in the sky looking for who is masturbating among humans? grin

4 Likes

Re: D by MuttleyLaff: 11:41am On Jan 08, 2017
Seun:
But do you agree that prayer does not work?
This is like saying, do you agree that requests do not work on Nairaland and/or with the god of Nairaland

Requests example can be like:
#1 I want the god of Nairaland to directly and personally by ''itself'', change my Nairaland ID password for me
#2 I want the god of Nairaland to let me recklessly post in the Islam forum uncontrolled
#3 I want the god of Nairaland to overrule or revoke the posting ban imposed on me by the Anti Spam bot
#4 I want the god of Nairaland to unhide all my posts auto-hidden by the frisky Antispam bot
#5 I am unregistered on Nairaland but I now want to start posting on threads
#6 I want a pink Nairaland page layout

If wishes were horses...
Simply praying for something is not sufficient to make it happen, especially when there is something amiss in and about the prayer request

Seun:
Would you accept the observation that the "thing greater than us", even if it exists, evidently doesn't answer prayers?
It's a no brainer, if you too, would accept the observation that the god of Nairaland greater than the mere Nairaland frequent visitor,
even if this god exists, evidently doesn't answer ALL requests?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: D by JesusPowers: 11:54am On Jan 08, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
This is like saying, do you agree that requests do not work on Nairaland and/or with the god of Nairaland

Requests example can be like:
#1 I want the god of Nairaland to directly and personally by ''itself'', change my Nairaland ID password for me
#2 I want the god of Nairaland to let me recklessly post in the Islam forum uncontrolled
#3 I want the god of Nairaland to overrule or revoke the posting ban imposed on me by the Anti Spam bot
#4 I want the god of Nairaland to unhide all my posts auto-hidden by the frisky Antispam bot
#5 I am unregistered on Nairaland but I now want to start posting on threads
#6 I want a pink Nairaland page layout

It's a no brainer, if you too, would accept the observation that the god of Nairaland greater than the mere Nairaland frequent visitor,
even if this god exists, evidently doesn't answer ALL requests?
On the soul level, most of them on this board are yearning for some spiritual experience yet,going about it the wrong way. The rest are strictly on a mission from the dark sides like the one you quoted.

Save your energy young warrior.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: D by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jan 08, 2017
tolextony:

I wondered wat u guys stand to gain in all dz anti-Christ post... Jesus lived over 2000years a lot.. a lot of people have stood against His teaching and want the name Jesus to be forgotten. has dz happened? nope... Jesus is still known today rather its those anti-Christ that are no where to be found...

Please how old is Christianity?
Not more than 3000 years old.
Judaism has lasted longer.
Egyptian based religions, lasted more than 5000 years old.
Not to even mention the Greeks and roman religion.
Compared to these, Christianity hasn't lasted that long. And in time it will be as these other religions.

if u don't believe in Jesus why not just ignore him n preach ur own faith.. as regards the healing part, why wasting time praying for healing when am already sure God has made my body to heal itself.. healing of cut is only prolong if the wound is exposed to microorganism... any medication u apply is jus to curb microorganisms effect...naturally Wtout any side effect, the body is made to heal itself... its jus DAT most of u gv credits to scientist who discovered it rather than God who made it DAT way....
So your saying God won't heal you because you've already been designed to heal yourself?
Nice try, but if it was an amputation, which your body can't heal on it's own, do you think your prayer will lead to instantaneous healing?

1 Like

Re: D by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jan 08, 2017
MuttleyLaff

If wishes were horses...
Simply praying for something is not sufficient to make it happen, especially when there is something amiss in and about the prayer request

What is amiss in the prayer request above?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Is Abuse An Acceptable Reason For Divorce? / Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). / Bishop T.D Jakes And Wife, Serita, Recreate Their 23-Year-Old Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.