Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,891 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:00 AM

D - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / D (25603 Views)

'prayers Don't Work' – Nigerian Man Writes On Facebook / Four Reasons Why Spells (charms) Don't Work For You / D (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: D by hopefulLandlord: 11:11am On Jan 17, 2017
blueAgent:

Did you read the definition of religeon? Buddhists pratice polytheism. they worship marine gods.

tell me the names of the "Marine god(s)" all Buddhists worship
Re: D by blueAgent(m): 11:26pm On Jan 17, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

tell me the names of the "Marine god(s)" all Buddhists worship

No wonder you are an Athiests. it is common for Athiests to be Naive and uninformed.

When you are matured enough to read books of the order. i can expose you to more light.for now click and read.

You cannot see and understand Spiritual things as a learner,

What we can see and understand while sleeping or playing, you cannot see or understand ,not even in two life times.

https://www.worthynews.com/1712-bush-worship-at-shinto-temple-troubles-christians-in-japan-and-u-s

www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/shintoism.htm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: D by blueAgent(m): 11:28pm On Jan 17, 2017
Lennycool:

Buddhism is an atheistic religion since it has no God, but you can worship gods if you please to, it isn't against that, you can even worship Yahweh and be Buddhist.

www.asahi.com/ajw/articles/AJ201606020010.html
Re: D by hopefulLandlord: 1:14am On Jan 18, 2017
blueAgent:

No wonder you are an Athiests. it is common for Athiests to be Naive and uninformed.

When you are matured enough to read books of the order. i can expose you to more light.for now click and read.

You cannot see and understand Spiritual things as a learner,

What we can see and understand while sleeping or playing, you cannot see or understand ,not even in two life times.

https://www.worthynews.com/1712-bush-worship-at-shinto-temple-troubles-christians-in-japan-and-u-s

tell me the marine god all Buddhists worship

and please if you're gonna give a link, don't give biased links cuz both links you gave up here are from Christian websites and as we already know Christians have a habit of lying and painting any other religion as bad and evil as possible even inventing nonexistent happenings and additions in the process

2 Likes

Re: D by blueAgent(m): 7:23am On Jan 18, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

tell me the marine god all Buddhists worship

and please if you're gonna give a link, don't give biased links cuz both links you gave up here are from Christian websites and as we already know Christians have a habit of lying and painting any other religion as bad and evil as possible even inventing nonexistent happenings and additions in the process

Even if i gave you sites by buddhists themseleves you will still doubt. am sure you did not click the sites.

You are trying to dodge the truth. you can google any article on mystiscm and read for yourself .
Re: D by hopefulLandlord: 7:53am On Jan 18, 2017
blueAgent:

Even if i gave you sites by buddhists themseleves you will still doubt. am sure you did not click the sites.

You are trying to dodge the truth. you can google any article on mystiscm and read for yourself .

I clicked both links bro, that's how I knew specifically that they're Christian websites

to prove this beyond reasonable doubt your fist link (worthynews) doesn't appear to be a Christian based website on the surface hence I couldn't have known its a Christian website without clicking it and checking it out

anyways, I'm still waiting for this "Marine God" all Buddhists worship, I wanna learn

2 Likes

Re: D by blueAgent(m): 9:46am On Jan 18, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

I clicked both links bro, that's how I knew specifically that they're Christian websites

to prove this beyond reasonable doubt your fist link (worthynews) doesn't appear to be a Christian based website on the surface hence I couldn't have known its a Christian website without clicking it and checking it out

anyways, I'm still waiting for this "Marine God" all Buddhists worship, I wanna learn

You have google. i have a lot more sites but i urge you to do it yourself.since my sites are not credible to you.
What you should ask yourself is why they bow,pray and make rituals to buddah if it was a mere philiosphy.

Like i said before you are naive about occult worship. google and learn.
Re: D by hopefulLandlord: 10:17am On Jan 18, 2017
blueAgent:

You have google. i have a lot more sites but i urge you to do it yourself.since my sites are not credible to you.
What you should ask yourself is why they bow,pray and make rituals to buddah if it was a mere philiosphy.

Like i said before you are naive about occult worship. google and learn.

bros, this is a blatant case of a copout!!

I don't care what they do or don't do to Buddha anymore

I'm now asking for the name of the "Marine god" Buddhists worship

it appears you've put your foot in the mouth by mentioning "marine god" and now you can't back up your claim with proof

give me the name, let other readers also learn about the "Marine god" Buddhists worship
Re: D by Valdblngx: 8:09am On Jan 19, 2017
cjfbn:
The problem with Christianity is that we have greatly misunderstood the Bible and we interpret it in such a way to suit our needs and beliefs. This gave rise to atheism because rational people will pick so many holes with the interpretation the church gives.
I just wish that I will come across an atheist where we can talk.
I stay in Enugu, anyone free could reach me, let's talk and relate. I am not an atheist but a different Christian.
My email is chijiokefbn@gmail.com.

Which side are you in Enugu?
Re: D by blueAgent(m): 3:30pm On Jan 19, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

bros, this is a blatant case of a copout!!

I don't care what they do or don't do to Buddha anymore

I'm now asking for the name of the "Marine god" Buddhists worship

it appears you've put your foot in the mouth by mentioning "marine god" and now you can't back up your claim with proof

give me the name, let other readers also learn about the "Marine god" Buddhists worship

Google can help You. like i said i have a lot of links but i would only send them on my on will.
Re: D by hopefulLandlord: 9:37pm On Jan 19, 2017
blueAgent:

Google can help You. like i said i have a lot of links but i would only send them on my on will.

tell us the name of that marine god they all worship bro, name alone leave links out of it

Kingebukasblog, Lennycool, Hahn, Jackbizzle, Dalaman, Randomperson, Jimmyjenseng, Plaetton, benzics

everyone come and learn the name of the "Marine God" all Buddhists worship

blueagent wants to educate us
Re: D by hopefulLandlord: 9:40pm On Jan 19, 2017
wilgrea7, Gboyee4fun, Anonymous, Hardmirror, Realmindz, Lordcenturion, Ranchoddas, Hahn, Urahara, sonofluc1fer , Junia

blueagent wants to tell us the name of the "Marine God" all Buddhists worship

1 Like 1 Share

Re: D by jimmyjenseng(m): 9:58pm On Jan 19, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

tell us the name of that marine god they all worship bro, name alone leave links out of it

Kingebukasblog, Lennycool, Hahn, Jackbizzle, Dalaman, Randomperson, Jimmyjenseng, Plaetton, benzics

I seriously want to learn o.

1 Like

Re: D by hahn(m): 10:15pm On Jan 19, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
wilgrea7, Gboyee4fun, Anonymous, Hardmirror, Realmindz, Lordcenturion, Ranchoddas, Hahn, Urahara, sonofluc1fer , Junia

This will be interesting smiley

1 Like

Re: D by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jan 19, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

We are waiting

1 Like

Re: D by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jan 19, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

That guys a joke.
In Buddhism you can worship any God you want to or no God at all. You can have as many as you want. No wahala
But sha I dey wait for the name of this marine God.
Maybe the Buddhist don't know anything about their own religion again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: D by dalaman: 7:01am On Jan 20, 2017
Lennycool:

That guys a joke.
In Buddhism you can worship any God you want to or no God at all. You can have as many as you want. No wahala
But sha I dey wait for the name of this marine God.
Maybe the Buddhist don't know anything about their own religion again.

Maybe he thinks this is his Sunday school class where he can say anything and get away with it. Marine spirit ko, Atlantic Ocean spirit ni.

2 Likes

Re: D by blueAgent(m): 1:20pm On Jan 21, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

Contrary to your propangander that Shinto is just a philiosophy here is the truth and secret behind Shinto.

Meaning of Shinto
The word Shinto comes from the Chinese
word Shen-tao, which means "the way of the
gods." This term was not applied to the
religion until the sixth century A.D., when it
became necessary in order to distinguish it
from Buddhism. A major feature of Shinto is
the concept of kami. Kami refers basically to
the concept of sacred power in both animate
and inanimate objects. Ninian Smart
elaborates upon the idea of kami in the
following manner:
"Shintoism displayed, and still
displays, a powerful sense of the
presence of gods and spirits in nature.
These spirits are called kami, literally,
'superior beings,' and it is appropriate
to venerate them. The kami are too
numerous to lend themselves to a
systematic ordering or stable hierarchy,
but among them the sun goddess
Amaterasu has long held a central place
in Shinto belief." Of course, this is demonism. There are only two sources of spiritual power in this world: God and Satan. The Bible condemns polytheism, i.e., the teaching that there are many gods. We read in Isaiah 45:5, "I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is
no God beside me." There is ONLY one
God! The Biblical teaching of the Godhead
does not conflict this truth. God has
manifest, or revealed, Himself to mankind in
the form of a Triune Godhead; namely, God
the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy
Spirit (Matthew 28:19-20). Yet, one God in
omnipotence, omniscience, and
omnipresence. The word "Godhead" is
mentioned 3 times in the New Testament
(i.e., if you have a reliable Bible. I only use
the King James Bible). There is only one God,
the Lord of the Bible (Deuteronomy 6:4). Yet,
we clearly see the Godhead in such
Scriptures as Colossians 2:9... "For in him
dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead
bodily." Shinto is entirely incompatible with
the Word of God. Shinto and Christianity are
diametrically opposed to each other.
Idol Worship
The basic place for worship in Shinto is at
one of the numerous shrines covering the
country of Japan. Although many Shintoists
have built altars in their homes, the center of
worship is the local shrine. Since Shinto has
a large number of deities, a systematic
worship of all such deities is impossible. The
Shinto religious books acknowledge that only
a few deities are consistently worshipped, the
chief being the sun-goddess, Amaterasu.
The fact that the highest object of worship
from whom the divine ancestors arose is a
female rather than a male deity makes Shinto
unique among the larger world religions.
Shinto and Christianity are Diametrically
Oppossed
The religion of Shinto is in opposition to
Christianity. In its purest form it teaches the
superiority of the Japanese people and their
land above all others on earth and that is
diametrically opposed to the teaching of the
Bible. According to the Bible, the Jews are
God's chosen people through whom He
entrusted His words. "What advantage then
hath the Jew? or what profit is there of
circumcision? Much every way: chiefly,
because that unto them were committed
the oracles of God" (Romans 3:1,2).
However, though the Jews are God's chosen
people, they have never been designated
better than any other people (Galatians 3:27),
and they've never been taught that they were
direct descendants of the gods, as Shinto
teaches its people. Thus, Shinto is Satanic!
Shinto fosters a pride and a feeling of
superiority in the Japanese people. This type
of pride is condemned by God, who says,
"...There is none righteous, no, not
one" (Romans 3:10). The same lesson was
learned by the Apostle Peter who concluded:
"Then Peter opened his mouth, and said,
Of a truth I perceive that God is no
respecter of persons" (Acts 10:34). Since
Shinto teaches the basic goodness and divine
origin of its people, there is no need for a
personal Savior.

Re: D by blueAgent(m): 1:30pm On Jan 21, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

I don't run from arguments,especially not from an Atheists. did you research what i ask you?

www. crystalinks.com/indiadieties.html

www.ibtimes.sg/india-human-sacrifice-4-yr-old-beheaded-ritual-killing-find-lost-mobile-phone-4391

www.newobserveronline.com/human-sacrifice-stalks-india/

www.https://www.theguardian.com/world/2006/mar/05/india.theobserver

I could go on and on ,if that is the only way to cure your naivety
Re: D by blueAgent(m): 1:31pm On Jan 21, 2017
hahn:

This will be interesting smiley

I don't run from arguments,especially not from an Atheists. did you research what i ask you? www. crystalinks.com/indiadieties.html www.ibtimes.sg/india-human-sacrifice-4-yr-old- beheaded-ritual-killing-find-lost-mobile- phone-4391 www.newobserveronline.com/human-sacrifice- stalks-india/ www.https://www.theguardian.com/world/2006/ mar/05/india.theobserver I could go on and on ,if that is the only way to cure your naivety
Re: D by hahn(m): 1:38pm On Jan 21, 2017
blueAgent:

I don't run from arguments,especially not from
an Atheists. did you research what i ask you?
www. crystalinks.com/indiadieties.html
www.ibtimes.sg/india-human-sacrifice-4-yr-old-
beheaded-ritual-killing-find-lost-mobile-
phone-4391
www.newobserveronline.com/human-sacrifice-
stalks-india/
www.https://www.theguardian.com/world/2006/
mar/05/india.theobserver
I could go on and on ,if that is the only way to
cure your naivety

Re: D by Niflheim(m): 2:38pm On Feb 08, 2017
Prayer is like talking to a potato to end world hunger!!!

Re: D by Droldnallufepoh: 9:27am On May 20, 2017
another amazing thread!!!
Re: D by CANTICLES: 10:20am On May 20, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Terrible analogies.
The 'god of Nairaland' did not make any of these promises. He does not have messengers going about saying that he can or will do those things. Your God on the other hand...

Shows how little you know! You people always think you are wise but your words showed you have little idea of what you are talking about, God promised to answer prayers that are in accordance with HIS WILL . that's what the bible says
Re: D by CANTICLES: 10:25am On May 20, 2017
Joiceee:
well i don't knw wat u bliv and am nt even goin 2 preach to u, cos i knw a lot of ppl would ave done dat. I would have agreed with u that God does nt exist if i haven't seen his manifestations in my life. Infact i wouldn't even be existing by now if i didn't run to God
infact, countless times that i have called upon him and he always answer me.
If u r making a request to God jst to check his existence, then am sori he would nt answer. Because he said it in his world that 'if my people that are called by my name and humble themselves and pray, i would heal their land. You can't mention the name of JESUS and expect it to work when u dont bliv in it.
And bliv me, there is one thing that prevents one's prayer frm being answerd which is 'sin'.

Thank you for the bold, many people quickly forget that Truth. If you are in sin, You need to Exercise Genuine Repentance before God can answer your prayers.
Re: D by Droldnallufepoh: 10:31am On May 20, 2017
CANTICLES:

Thank you for the bold, many people quickly forget that Truth. If you are in sin, You need to Exercise Genuine Repentance before God can answer your prayers.

so everything you pray for happens
Re: D by ujiriukiri(m): 10:19pm On Mar 17, 2018
God can heal cancer and HIV but can't heal a bruise/cut. Yeah right! You all keep deceiving yourself after all you believe a snake can talk.
Re: D by frank317: 10:35pm On Mar 17, 2018
ujiriukiri:
God can heal cancer and HIV but can't heal a bruise/cut. Yeah right! You all keep deceiving yourself after all you believe a snake can talk.

They believe smake can talk but they dont believe it can swallow money

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Is Abuse An Acceptable Reason For Divorce? / Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). / Bishop T.D Jakes And Wife, Serita, Recreate Their 23-Year-Old Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.