Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,445 members, 7,808,592 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:55 PM

D - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / D (25626 Views)

'prayers Don't Work' – Nigerian Man Writes On Facebook / Four Reasons Why Spells (charms) Don't Work For You / D (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: D by blueAgent(m): 4:13pm On Jan 12, 2017
yomi007k:
grin

They will avoid this thread like a plague because its true.

I laugh at this Dude,God has done far more complex miracles for me.
Re: D by blueAgent(m): 4:22pm On Jan 12, 2017
Pidgin2:

tongue If I pray for you, you will be free from confusion.

Lol.....He needs it.
Re: D by blueAgent(m): 4:23pm On Jan 12, 2017
Pidgin2:

tongue If I pray for you, you will be free from confusion.

Lol.....He needs it.

1 Like

Re: D by blueAgent(m): 4:27pm On Jan 12, 2017
randomperson:
If Christians held god to his promises, the same way they hold Buhari, they would discover he doesn't exist...
For years Christians all over Nigeria prayed every Sunday for god to curb the menace of boko haram but the terrorists kept killing people, usually Christians on a regular basis..
What kind of god allows his children to die needlessly like that??
Answer: One who doesn't exist.

And what has Athiesm offered Humanity?
Re: D by randomperson: 9:41pm On Jan 12, 2017
blueAgent:

And what has Athiesm offered Humanity?
Red herring... It's obvious u can't contest the issues raised in my comment, hence, the diversionary tactic. But lemme just educate u a bit... The most developed countries and the highest standards of living generally have high atheist population compared with the poorest countries...
Re: D by blueAgent(m): 10:07pm On Jan 12, 2017
randomperson:

Red herring... It's obvious u can't contest the issues raised in my comment, hence, the diversionary tactic. But lemme just educate u a bit... The most developed countries and the highest standards of living generally have high atheist population compared with the poorest countries...

You mean like less than 10% of the population.That what i discovered last time i checked.

Only a fool trust polls conduct by Elites.
Re: D by hopefulLandlord: 10:10pm On Jan 12, 2017
blueAgent:

You mean like less than 10% of the population.That what i discovered last time i checked.

Japan has probably the highest life expectancy in the world and over 90% of the population don't worship any god
Re: D by blueAgent(m): 10:27pm On Jan 12, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

Japan has probably the highest life expectancy in the world and over 90% of the population don't worship any god

Why do you athiests depend on lies inorder to gain ground in an argument?

Lasttime i checked Japan was over 80% religeous.

Japan has full religious freedom based on Article
20 of its Constitution. Upper estimates suggest
that 84–96 percent of the Japanese population
subscribe to Shinto as its indigenous religion
(50% to 80% of which considering degrees of
syncretism with Buddhism, shinbutsu-shūgō
[226]). However, these estimates are based on
people affiliated with a temple, rather than the
number of true believers. The number of Shinto
shrines in Japan is estimated to be around
100,000. Other studies have suggested that only
30 percent of the population identify themselves
as belonging to a religion.[227] According to
Edwin Reischauer and Marius Jansen, some 70–
80% of the Japanese do not consider themselves
believers in any religion. Nevertheless, the level
of participation remains high, especially during
festivals and occasions such as the first shrine
visit of the New Year. Taoism and Confucianism
from China have also influenced Japanese beliefs
and customs.[228] Japanese streets are decorated
on Tanabata, Obon and Christmas.[226]
Shinto is the largest religion in Japan, practiced
by nearly 80% of the population, yet only a small
percentage of these identify themselves as
"Shintoists" in surveys. This is due to the fact that
"Shinto" has different meanings in Japan: most of
the Japanese attend Shinto shrines and beseech
kami without belonging to Shinto organisations,
and since there are no formal rituals to become a
member of folk "Shinto", "Shinto membership" is
often estimated counting those who join
organised Shinto sects. Shinto has 100,000
shrines and 78,890 priests in the country.
Buddhism first arrived in Japan in the 6th
century; it was introduced in the year 538 or
552[229] from the kingdom of Baekje in Korea.
Re: D by Image123(m): 1:47am On Jan 13, 2017
Lennycool:

Leave them Jon.
kingebukasblog pidgin2 and image123
Should try the experiment and see if God will grant them instantaneous healing.
grin grin

Cutting yourself is crazy, it is not an experiment. i don't experiment madness. Medicine is not mutually exclusive to theism/christianity/faith, i've told you that times without number.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: D by Image123(m): 1:51am On Jan 13, 2017
Lennycool:

If you can prove it.
And I don't mean with a fake medical report.
You have to bring verifiable evidence(confirmed by multiple unbiased party) that the victim had aids and that he got cured. Only then would your story be considered true.

Hold on, you were the one who said 1 Receives MIRACULOUS Healing And Only That One Steps Out.
THEREFORE COINCIDENCE.
To which i said IF someone coincidentally gets healed of full blown AIDS. This is following your statement that evn if 1 person is healed out of 100 persons, it is a coincidence. What problem do you have with that one person's healing? what's your exact grouse? i am not understanding you oh.
Re: D by Image123(m): 1:57am On Jan 13, 2017
randomperson:
Seems KingEbukasblog doesn't have an answer to this question, so am throwing it open to all the Christians.
If you had an injury and u were losing blood seriously... Would u pray or look for medical help?
felixomor DoctorAlien Image123 pidgin2 RR2J

God doesn't stop you from doing the two, does He? Even phones made by human hands are capable of doing two things at a time, they call it multitasking, stop thinking binary.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: D by hopefulLandlord: 2:08am On Jan 13, 2017
blueAgent:

Japan has full religious freedom based on Article
20 of its Constitution. Upper estimates suggest
that 84–96 percent of the Japanese population
subscribe to Shinto as its indigenous religion
(50% to 80% of which considering degrees of
syncretism with Buddhism, shinbutsu-shūgō
[226]). However, these estimates are based on
people affiliated with a temple, rather than the
number of true believers. The number of Shinto
shrines in Japan is estimated to be around
100,000. Other studies have suggested that only
30 percent of the population identify themselves
as belonging to a religion.[227] According to
Edwin Reischauer and Marius Jansen, some 70–
80% of the Japanese do not consider themselves
believers in any religion. Nevertheless, the level
of participation remains high, especially during
festivals and occasions such as the first shrine
visit of the New Year. Taoism and Confucianism
from China have also influenced Japanese beliefs
and customs.[228] Japanese streets are decorated
on Tanabata, Obon and Christmas.[226]
Shinto is the largest religion in Japan, practiced
by nearly 80% of the population, yet only a small
percentage of these identify themselves as
"Shintoists" in surveys. This is due to the fact that
"Shinto" has different meanings in Japan: most of
the Japanese attend Shinto shrines and beseech
kami without belonging to Shinto organisations,
and since there are no formal rituals to become a
member of folk "Shinto", "Shinto membership" is
often estimated counting those who join
organised Shinto sects. Shinto has 100,000
shrines and 78,890 priests in the country.
Buddhism first arrived in Japan in the 6th
century; it was introduced in the year 538 or
552[229] from the kingdom of Baekje in Korea.

Mr Blueagent, learn to read and understand

I said "THEY DON'T WORSHIP ANY GOD"

Shintiosm and Buddhism doesn't involve worshipping any god

Shintoism is cultural, not evey religion involves worship of gods, "Kami" is more "spirits" "essence" "nature" etc

Taoism and Confucianism also do not involve worship of any god

you can read up on Shintoism, Taosim, Buddhism and get more enlightened so you don't wrongly accuse me of lying

Hopefullandlord is not Yahweh that he should lie

2 Likes

Re: D by MrMontella(m): 4:25am On Jan 13, 2017
blueAgent:

Japan has full religious freedom based on Article 20 of its Constitution. Upper estimates suggest that 84–96 percent of the Japanese population subscribe to Shinto as its indigenous religion (50% to 80% of which considering degrees of syncretism with Buddhism, shinbutsu-shūgō [226]). However, these estimates are based on people affiliated with a temple, rather than the number of true believers. The number of Shinto shrines in Japan is estimated to be around 100,000. Other studies have suggested that only 30 percent of the population identify themselves as belonging to a religion.[227] According to Edwin Reischauer and Marius Jansen, some 70– 80% of the Japanese do not consider themselves believers in any religion. Nevertheless, the level of participation remains high, especially during festivals and occasions such as the first shrine visit of the New Year. Taoism and Confucianism from China have also influenced Japanese beliefs and customs.[228] Japanese streets are decorated on Tanabata, Obon and Christmas.[226] Shinto is the largest religion in Japan, practiced by nearly 80% of the population, yet only a small percentage of these identify themselves as "Shintoists" in surveys. This is due to the fact that "Shinto" has different meanings in Japan: most of the Japanese attend Shinto shrines and beseech kami without belonging to Shinto organisations, and since there are no formal rituals to become a member of folk "Shinto", "Shinto membership" is often estimated counting those who join organised Shinto sects. Shinto has 100,000 shrines and 78,890 priests in the country. Buddhism first arrived in Japan in the 6th century; it was introduced in the year 538 or 552[229] from the kingdom of Baekje in Korea.
how does this copy and paste help your position?
Re: D by Nobody: 6:46am On Jan 13, 2017
Image123:

Cutting yourself is crazy, it is not an experiment. i don't experiment madness. Medicine is not mutually exclusive to theism/christianity/faith, i've told you that times without number.
I said next time you had an injury. BY ACCIDENT.
Did you even read the OP?
Re: D by Nobody: 6:49am On Jan 13, 2017
Image123:

Hold on, you were the one who said 1 Receives MIRACULOUS Healing And Only That One Steps Out.
THEREFORE COINCIDENCE.
To which i said IF someone coincidentally gets healed of full blown AIDS. This is following your statement that evn if 1 person is healed out of 100 persons, it is a coincidence. What problem do you have with that one person's healing? what's your exact grouse? i am not understanding you oh.
You cannot provide evidence that the man was ever healed. All you have are anecdotes of anecdotes.
Re: D by Nobody: 6:51am On Jan 13, 2017
Image123:

God doesn't stop you from doing the two, does He? Even phones made by human hands are capable of doing two things at a time, they call it multitasking, stop thinking binary.
grin grin
Don't you have faith he'll heal you.
Why would God need the help of medical practitioners
grin grin
Christianity is funny
Re: D by randomperson: 6:56am On Jan 13, 2017
blueAgent:

Really less than 10%, u better check again... And then compare with countries in Africa that have high Christian populations and let's see how far wink
Re: D by RR2J(m): 9:25am On Jan 13, 2017
Lennycool:

grin grin
grin grin
Christianity is funny

I Don't really get. Does God really need the help of medical practitioners? the answer is a Fat NO!!!
so because he's supernatural and immortal if you are physically injured, he'll just say "OH!! am the most powerful, since he/she has faith i'll heal 'em".. they are things that faith alone cannot do... Those who feel it's God's will that Christians always be healed often ask, "since Jesus healed everyone that came to him while he was on earth, why would he not heal everyone who comes to him today(as long as they have faith), especially since Jesus is the same, yesterday, today and forever(Hebrews 13:8 ) .

Now, scripture nowhere states Jesus healed everyone who was brought to him during his days. apostle John, stating at the end of his gospel noted that "many other things" were done by Jesus that were not recorded. whether those things included "non-healings", we do not know, but what we do know that was recorded, including the healings, were recorded so that "Ye might believe that Jesus is the christ, the son of God; and by believing ye might have life through his name(John 20:31). they were not recorded to convince us that physical healing is guaranteed for all.

Healing came from Christ at his will, regardless of the individual's faith. He healed those who believe( mattew 8:13) and those who do not believe(John 9:1-38)
Re: D by blueAgent(m): 10:23am On Jan 13, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

Mr Blueagent, learn to read and understand

I said "THEY DON'T WORSHIP ANY GOD"

Shintiosm and Buddhism doesn't involve worshipping any god

Shintoism is cultural, not evey religion involves worship of gods, "Kami" is more "spirits" "essence" "nature" etc

Taoism and Confucianism also do not involve worship of any god

you can read up on Shintoism, Taosim, Buddhism and get more enlightened so you don't wrongly accuse me of lying

Hopefullandlord is not Yahweh that he should lie

Stop decieving yourself, they are all called religeon.
Re: D by blueAgent(m): 10:26am On Jan 13, 2017
MrMontella:
how does this copy and paste help your position?

At least disproved your propangader.
Re: D by Nobody: 11:07am On Jan 13, 2017
RR2J:

I Don't really get. Does God really need the help of medical practitioners? the answer is a Fat NO!!!
so because he's supernatural and immortal if you are physically injured, he'll just say "OH!! am the most powerful, since he/she has faith i'll heal 'em".. they are things that faith alone cannot do... Those who feel it's God's will that Christians always be healed often ask, "since Jesus healed everyone that came to him while he was on earth, why would he not heal everyone who comes to him today(as long as they have faith), especially since Jesus is the same, yesterday, today and forever(Hebrews 13:8 ) .

Now, scripture nowhere states Jesus healed everyone who was brought to him during his days. apostle John, stating at the end of his gospel noted that "many other things" were done by Jesus that were not recorded. whether those things included "non-healings", we do not know, but what we do know that was recorded, including the healings, were recorded so that "Ye might believe that Jesus is the christ, the son of God; and by believing ye might have life through his name(John 20:31). they were not recorded to convince us that physical healing is guaranteed for all.

Healing came from Christ at his will, regardless of the individual's faith. He healed those who believe( mattew 8:13) and those who do not believe(John 9:1-38)

grin grin
You're ignoring the point, Jesus promised you anything in his name, even if it seemed impossible. All this long write-ups are unnecessary.
Re: D by Nobody: 11:08am On Jan 13, 2017
blueAgent:

Not all religions believe or prat to God, and a lot of those religions are the majority in Japan.
Re: D by jonbellion(m): 11:10am On Jan 13, 2017
blueAgent:

but I thought Christianity was not a religion undecided
Re: D by RR2J(m): 12:35pm On Jan 13, 2017
Lennycool:

grin grin
You're ignoring the point, Jesus promised you anything in his name, even if it seemed impossible. All this long write-ups are unnecessary.

what point am i ignoring ? . You know, i can not force you nor any other atheist to acquiesce to the fact that y'all arguments are baseless, despite the fact that it stands baseless...you gotta admit to the fact that you speak ill of the bible. I don't even know what you atheist try to do, you contradict the bible, try to contort the mind of those trying to get to know 'bout the bible, even when the truth is pellucid.
Re: D by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jan 13, 2017
RR2J:

what point am i ignoring ? . You know, i can not force you nor any other atheist to acquiesce to the fact that y'all arguments are baseless, despite the fact that it stands baseless...you gotta admit to the fact that you speak ill of the bible. I don't even know what you atheist try to do, you contradict the bible, try to contort the mind of those trying to get to know 'bout the bible, even when the truth is pellucid.
How is my stand baseless.
When Jesus himself said in Matthew 17:20
"For verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you."
If faith can move a mountain (signifying the impossible) instantaneous healing of an injury should be nothing.
You're just trying to ignore the obvious.
Prayers don't work
Re: D by jonbellion(m): 1:06pm On Jan 13, 2017
Lennycool:

How is my stand baseless.
When Jesus himself said in Matthew 17:20
"For verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you."
If faith can move a mountain (signifying the impossible) instantaneous healing of an injury should be nothing.
You're just trying to ignore the obvious.
Prayers don't work
[s]I have obviously seen I live in the real world where the laws of nature are a constant. This is obvious bullshit so I'll just try and rationalise it so I can still believe in my salvation for dummies book[/s] it was figurative!!!
He didn't mean it literally!!!! angry
Oh you dumb skeptics

2 Likes

Re: D by randomperson: 1:14pm On Jan 13, 2017
Image123:

But god is all powerful... He doesn't need medical assistance does he?? So why go to the hospital when u can pray?
Re: D by Image123(m): 2:02pm On Jan 13, 2017
Lennycool:
I said next time you had an injury. BY ACCIDENT. Did you even read the OP?
Your exact words were that i "Should try the experiment".
Re: D by Image123(m): 2:03pm On Jan 13, 2017
Lennycool:

You cannot provide evidence that the man was ever healed. All you have are anecdotes of anecdotes.

What man, there's was no man. What happened to your reading?
Re: D by Image123(m): 2:09pm On Jan 13, 2017
Lennycool:

grin grin
grin grin
Christianity is funny

Your understanding is what is funny, always read the terms of an agreement carefully before signing instead of ridiculous gloating in assumption. God feeds you but you need to get into the kitchen, that's how He made it work. He's provided all the wisdom, resources and science so that we are not zombies or doltheads looking for who to wipe off mucus from our mouths in the name of love. You probably looking for the wrong god. God has no issues neither is His workings mutually exclusive to commonsense and primary healthcare.
Re: D by randomperson: 2:14pm On Jan 13, 2017
Image123:

Your understanding is what is funny, always read the terms of an agreement carefully before signing instead of ridiculous gloating in assumption. God feeds you but you need to get into the kitchen, that's how He made it work. He's provided all the wisdom, resources and science so that we are not zombies or doltheads looking for who to wipe off mucus from our mouths in the name of love. You probably looking for the wrong god. God has no issues neither is His workings mutually exclusive to commonsense and primary healthcare.
So if your hand got cut off and u were in the Sahara desert, u won't be worried coz u will be sure god will heal u?
Re: D by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jan 13, 2017
Image123:

Your exact words were that i "Should try the experiment".
Terms of the experiment was when you were injured.
I did not say you would cause it yourself

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Is Abuse An Acceptable Reason For Divorce? / Bishop T.D Jakes And Wife, Serita, Recreate Their 23-Year-Old Picture / Night Of Bliss With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.