Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,511 members, 7,808,866 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:18 PM

5 Careers/jobs To Avoid As An Introvert - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 5 Careers/jobs To Avoid As An Introvert (24203 Views)

COVID-19: Akeredolu Offers Permanent Jobs To Volunteers In Ondo / Top 12 Graduate trainee jobs to apply for in 2018 Easily / 20,000 Jobs To Be Created As‎ Police To Launch Tv, Radio Services, Jan. 30 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Careers/jobs To Avoid As An Introvert by lacasera14(m): 3:34pm On Jan 07, 2017
Being an introvert is a lot more trouble by
default, from people miscontruing your
silence and quiet disposition for an awful
snub to people thinking you are too full of
yourself or you are so weird. You don’t
want to compound issues for yourself by
towing a career path meant for gregarious
extroverts? Do you? I didn’t think so either.
So except you want to become an extrovert
overnight, here are top 5 Jobs or Careers
you should avoid.
Caveat: this list are for 100% introverts
with no extroverted tendencies whatsoever. As we all know, some people are actually a blend of
the both temperaments.

1. MARKETTING: This jobs is quite tasking
even the outgoing type gets depleted by it
occasionally, you don’t want to be found
here trust me. You are bad at relating with
strangers, you find it difficult to smile
without a reason and to crown it all you
are a pessimist which means you have no
option than to fail at this, so no matter how
juicy and tempting the price is; never
venture into it. Asides from you being a
loser, plunging into depression is certain.
You are an introvert.

2. MEDICINE: Granted, you are well endowed
with intellect and you can concentrate for
long hours reading, you have few friends,
you rarely socialize so books are your best
buddies but you see being a doctor or
nurse demands more than that even though
studying is the most imperative. The warm
smiles, the jovial attitudes, the lively and
fun personalities of the extroverts do have
a psychological effect on patients whether
you choose to believe it or not and you
clearly don’t possess any of these
qualities. You might turnout to be a great
Doc or nurse but don’t be surprised when a
patient gets a heart attack because of that
constant scowl on your face.

3. ACTING: So you use to act playlets way
back as a kid and no doubt you are
talented, you now feel acting is the way to
go, sorry friend, it’s a wrong call you about
to make. you could act back then because
you are in a familiar environment and you
are less nervous around the people you
know. Acting as a career will not give you
that familiar audience to show your talent.
What if you hit stardom? How do you
handle the limelight attentions, interviews,
exposure and some of the hazards that
come with being a celebrity. Well since you
have a knack for depression, what
becomes of you when your daily life is
being dissected and misconstrued by the
public via social media on a daily basis?
I’m looking at a scenario where you call it
quits at the peak of your acting career
because of depression and the public
poking into your dear private life which is
such a shame if you ask me. So better
don’t go in.

4. POLITICS: Why should you be thinking of
this when you are a greenhorn at cheer
leading and you are socially incapacitated.
If you manage to pull through in all the
numerous campaign outings and you are
finally elected be it at any level of politics,
how many ceremonial invitations that
requires your presence and functions are
you going to turn down on the grounds of
emotionally drained batteries? Or perhaps
you want your deputy to steal the show
and probably buy the hearts of legislators
to impeach you. Politics requires an
outgoing charisma, a flair for unionism and
a love for limelight. So it doesn’t matter if
you have the passion to liberate your
people from the shackles of whatever that
has held them bound or you have big
dreams of making your constituency
enviable, you lack the temperament for it.
If the drive is so strong on your inside, you
can ally with a sociable person that you
can influence or walk your way to being
appointed as a special adviser in a relevant
field.

5. BUSINESS : Being successful in business
demands the risk taking habits of socially
inclined people not the pessimic nature of
introverts who will first look at the cons
before the pros. They suffer from
uncertainty and indecision which will in the
long run jeopardize chances of major
breakthrough in business. Since you often
lack self motivation, any storm in business
might throw you off balance causing you to
probably give up too soon and plunge into
depression or make you seek for
alternatives abandoning the present
course. Your low social life also affects
your interaction with customers, people
would prefer to rather patronize a friendly
person’s business rather your withdrawn
introverted self. Most of the crumbled
businesses you see around are as a result
of some introverts who got doomed by
their own temperaments because they
treaded the wrong path.

In conclusion it is salient to know your
strengths and weakness and go for what
works you. Your passion should be your
fuel in the drive to success. Good luck!!!

source: https://educareersblog./2017/01/06/five-careersjobs-to-avoid-as-an-introvert/

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Careers/jobs To Avoid As An Introvert by Acekidc4(m): 3:37pm On Jan 07, 2017
Re: 5 Careers/jobs To Avoid As An Introvert by Acekidc4(m): 3:39pm On Jan 07, 2017
Am an Introvert but can do all those career jobs u mention expect Marketing!!

43 Likes

Re: 5 Careers/jobs To Avoid As An Introvert by lacasera14(m): 3:41pm On Jan 07, 2017
Acekidc4:
yea you are probably a blend. 80% introvert and 20% extrovert. You can do them too but I doubt if you'll succeed in it

2 Likes

Re: 5 Careers/jobs To Avoid As An Introvert by TashaGirl: 4:00pm On Jan 07, 2017
I am ONE and will do any work to survive. It's all about the money Op angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Careers/jobs To Avoid As An Introvert by lacasera14(m): 4:09pm On Jan 07, 2017
TashaGirl:
I am ONE and will do any work to survive. It's all about the money Op angry
okay good luck to you
Re: 5 Careers/jobs To Avoid As An Introvert by Acekidc4(m): 4:19pm On Jan 07, 2017
lacasera14:
yea you are probably a blend. 80% introvert and 20% extrovert. You can do them too but I doubt if you'll succeed in it

Success is a small ting for me ooooooo!!
I will definitely succeed at any of them, that's for sure

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Careers/jobs To Avoid As An Introvert by veekid(m): 7:04am On Jan 08, 2017
?
Re: 5 Careers/jobs To Avoid As An Introvert by ednut1(m): 7:05am On Jan 08, 2017
I hear u, i hate anything marketing and i avoid it like a plague. Bt i was once posted to a marketing role for 4 months, wetin i for do? Resign abi. But i performed well, the joy of going to diff companies to met high networth peeps to seal deals is out of this world. Face ur fears or u may never know ur full capacity/ability

27 Likes

Re: 5 Careers/jobs To Avoid As An Introvert by Alasi20(m): 7:05am On Jan 08, 2017
Kkkk
Re: 5 Careers/jobs To Avoid As An Introvert by sod09(m): 7:06am On Jan 08, 2017
Teaching
Comedian

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Careers/jobs To Avoid As An Introvert by powerfulsettingz: 7:07am On Jan 08, 2017
I don't give a Bleep all o need is a payinf job
Meanwhile

Pls I need a job urgentlyAm a female just finished my ND in accounting last year really need where to do my IT or any job that can be done by female, I stay Ketu in lagos.Pls I need only serious response, and don't think of anything else if u r helping, mayb God reward anybody that find me onepls anyone with any help should contact me tru this number 0813 758 1810thanks

3 Likes

Re: 5 Careers/jobs To Avoid As An Introvert by mynduu44: 7:07am On Jan 08, 2017
Prostitution is not for introvert, u can ask Lave**....

Olu ndi Uwa Mmebi...

1 Like

Re: 5 Careers/jobs To Avoid As An Introvert by Nobody: 7:08am On Jan 08, 2017
I laff u in ibibio,

So you are saying introversion is linked to specific profession, despite that introverts love their privacy does not mean they shouldn't aim for their dreams.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Careers/jobs To Avoid As An Introvert by GogetterMD(m): 7:10am On Jan 08, 2017
Remove medicine and business from your list

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Careers/jobs To Avoid As An Introvert by olaolulazio(m): 7:10am On Jan 08, 2017
Where's introvert?

2 Likes

Re: 5 Careers/jobs To Avoid As An Introvert by Blissguts: 7:11am On Jan 08, 2017
HAPPY SUNDAY
Re: 5 Careers/jobs To Avoid As An Introvert by Nobody: 7:12am On Jan 08, 2017
Introverted not equal to antisocial

17 Likes

Re: 5 Careers/jobs To Avoid As An Introvert by olagbemi118(m): 7:13am On Jan 08, 2017
I'm an introvert and a marketer, I have my own business & being an introvert doesn't stop me from doing wot I want to do. I av a very good relationship with people. I can do the necessary but atimes, I withdraw to recharge.

9 Likes

Re: 5 Careers/jobs To Avoid As An Introvert by Intrepidone(m): 7:14am On Jan 08, 2017
Priority on thee list would be Law.
An introvert can't enjoy the profession unless he inculcate new characters

3 Likes

Re: 5 Careers/jobs To Avoid As An Introvert by samhay: 7:15am On Jan 08, 2017
Am an introvert and I am

A Teacher
Comedian/Event Anchor
Decorator
Singer
Wedding Engagement Coordinator (ALAGA IJOKO/IDURO)

I guess am able to switch easily especially as a comedian/MCee and most especially as ALAGA IJOKO/IDURO (if u attend Yoruba Introduction/Engagement ceremony) You will understand.

My brother, things we do for money

Abi Aw I wan do Wen client don pay advance and I don use am, na to perform for balance remain na

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Careers/jobs To Avoid As An Introvert by luka1981(m): 7:17am On Jan 08, 2017
Please remove medicine and put law.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Careers/jobs To Avoid As An Introvert by jossey94(m): 7:18am On Jan 08, 2017
Nawa oo. This is a very ignorant post. So, because of my introverted nature, I will not succeed in any of those 5 careers. Balderdash. You really need to understand that nobody is 100% introverted and introverts do handle themselves well in social situations when they need to do so, usually for their careers and their families. The one about doctors is just silly. As an introvert, I would connect more easily with my patients because in my experience, I v found that I tend to empathize more with people. This would make it easier to form relationships with patients. Also, introverts do smile. Lack of smiling is not a trait of introverted people, but rather a personal choice.

You need to educate yourself more on the subject before coming on NL to put up an article.

Highly disappointing article.

FP, Really?!!!

40 Likes

Re: 5 Careers/jobs To Avoid As An Introvert by Emmyvans: 7:21am On Jan 08, 2017
@Op.

I would have thought so 3 years ago.
Until I became a salesman and I've thrived so well.

Everyone thought I wouldn't succeed at it back then, including myself.
You'd be surprised at the many things introverts can do.

Although the social fanfair is not a natural tendency, once there's a purpose to achieve, introverts will always thrive.

Medicine and Nursing, introverts prevail. They have learnt to engage with people in the course of their study and with purpose.
They are sensitive to what others feel and are able to give the right kind of care.

So, Introverts will not avoid those kind of jobs.
Even if they fail the first time, they are eager to succeed in it and prove not just you wrong, but themselves

13 Likes

Re: 5 Careers/jobs To Avoid As An Introvert by HarmonyDee(f): 7:21am On Jan 08, 2017
You forgot "mass media"i.e journalists,OAP's,broadcasters etc
Although there is no need to avoid it if that is what you want.
Re: 5 Careers/jobs To Avoid As An Introvert by webincomeplus(m): 7:23am On Jan 08, 2017
ednut1:
I hear u, i hate anything marketing and i avoid it like a plague. Bt i was once posted to a marketing role for 4 months, wetin i for do? Resign abi. But i performed well, the joy of going to diff companies to met high networth peeps to seal deals is out of this world. Face ur fears or u may never know ur full capacity/ability

Hating marketing doesn't mean you're an introvert. And note that there's a difference between thinking you're an introvert and actually being one.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Careers/jobs To Avoid As An Introvert by Ptoocool(m): 7:26am On Jan 08, 2017
Teaching too. Talking from experience.

1 Like

Re: 5 Careers/jobs To Avoid As An Introvert by Beesluv: 7:26am On Jan 08, 2017
It all depends on individuals. I think its good to venture into some of these jobs so as to mix/create network. Do you want some introverts to die lonely?

Marketing has really helped improve me, still building my public speaking. #shynessmustgo

1 Like

Re: 5 Careers/jobs To Avoid As An Introvert by webincomeplus(m): 7:28am On Jan 08, 2017
Acekidc4:
So many things are easier to say than do. Why not get yourself into any of those careers first? Introverts who cope with those careers are those who are willing to change slightly (at least) to extroverts.

And one more thing: it's one thing to think you're an introvert, and it's another to be one in reality.

1 Like

Re: 5 Careers/jobs To Avoid As An Introvert by Princemodris(m): 7:29am On Jan 08, 2017
embarassed lipsrsealed kiss[color=#000000][/color] see becarefu

Re: 5 Careers/jobs To Avoid As An Introvert by lacasera14(m): 7:33am On Jan 08, 2017
jossey94:
Nawa oo. This is a very ignorant post. So, because of my introverted nature, I will not succeed in any of those 5 careers. Balderdash. You really need to understand that nobody is 100% introverted and introverts do handle themselves well in social situations when they need to do so, usually for their careers and their families. The one about doctors is just silly. As an introvert, I would connect more easily with my patients because in my experience, I v found that I tend to empathize more with people. This would make it easier to form relationships with patients. Also, introverts do smile. Lack of smiling is not a trait of introverted people, but rather a personal choice.

You need to educate yourself more on the subject before coming on NL to put up an article.

Highly disappointing article.

FP, Really?!!!
There are introverts that are a combination of melancholy and phlegmatic temperaments those are the ones I'm referring to, they are extremely dull naturally, don't smile without a reason and are socially withdrawn. There are introverts that are also a blend of melancholy and sanguine too. read my caveat, I specifically mentioned the later as my focal point. so all of you claiming to do all these successfully are not fully introverted, you all are blends of either choleric or sanguines. Tim lahaye's book about temperament should you a bit. it's a must read for everyone.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Careers/jobs To Avoid As An Introvert by lacasera14(m): 7:36am On Jan 08, 2017
webincomeplus:

So many things are easier to say than do. Why not get yourself into any of those careers first? Introverts who cope with those careers are those who are willing to change slightly (at least) to extroverts.

And one more thing: it's one thing to think you're an introvert, and it's another to be one in reality.
thanks man for the light shedding

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Made A Huge Mistake That Almost Cost Me My Job. / Jobs In Ibadan. / Does It Make Sense For A B.sc Holder To Be A Pump Attendant?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.