Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,653 members, 7,801,903 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:52 AM

One man, One wife - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / One man, One wife (23460 Views)

Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? / Mother And Her 2 Teenage Twin Daughters Pregnant For One Man (photos) / Why Did God Almighty Recommend One Man One Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One man, One wife by firstking01(m): 10:14pm On Jan 08, 2017
Toks2008:
Lalasticlala you may consider putting this on queue.

I guess it's insightful.
You delibrately skipt my mentions cos it's well countering your assertions ba cool
Re: One man, One wife by Toks2008(m): 10:35pm On Jan 08, 2017
firstking01:
You delibrately skipt my mentions cos it's well countering your assertions ba cool

But you did not articulate your opinion.
Re: One man, One wife by firstking01(m): 11:18pm On Jan 08, 2017
Toks2008:

But you did not articulate your opinion.
Everything i posted upthere was glaringly articulated.
Re: One man, One wife by pocohantas(f): 11:35pm On Jan 08, 2017
This thread is a remix of this https://www.nairaland.com/3290032/13-hypocrisies-idiosyncrasies-polygamy

When you exhaust talking about women matter, maybe you'll finally talk a bit about career and investments.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: One man, One wife by Toks2008(m): 8:42pm On Jan 09, 2017
pocohantas:
This thread is a remix of this https://www.nairaland.com/3290032/13-hypocrisies-idiosyncrasies-polygamy

When you exhaust talking about women matter, maybe you'll finally talk a bit about career and investments.

There are other good writers in that section...for me I love politics,Religion and romance. ..by the way this is no remix cos the thread you pasted is far broader.
Re: One man, One wife by Toks2008(m): 10:10pm On Jan 09, 2017
Kob:

That a lady is single at 40 has nothing to do with spiritual or psychic problems!

I agree...some are just unfortunate.

1 Like

Re: One man, One wife by Nobody: 4:55am On Jan 13, 2017
I have often wondered this as well. So many men have sidechicks, baby mamas, mistresses, etc. It's like Christians close their eyes and pretend it's not happening. How can a couple celebrate 50 years of marriage, when your husband has been dating women for the past 40 years? Lalasticlala I wonder why this didn't make frontpage. It is a very good topic.

2 Likes

Re: One man, One wife by Toks2008(m): 7:29pm On Jan 13, 2017
FortuneTeller:
I have often wondered this as well. So many men have sidechicks, baby mamas, mistresses, etc. It's like Christians close their eyes and pretend it's not happening. How can a couple celebrate 50 years of marriage, when your husband has been dating women for the past 40 years? Lalasticlala I wonder why this didn't make frontpage. It is a very good topic.

This is indeed a new year...Fortune Teller finding my thread insightful.....interesting!

1 Like

Re: One man, One wife by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jan 13, 2017
Toks2008:

This is indeed a new year...Fortune Teller finding my thread insightful.....interesting!

I have always found your threads enlightening. It's only your hypocrisy I don't like. smiley

1 Like

Re: One man, One wife by loveanonymity(f): 11:20pm On Jan 13, 2017

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: One man, One wife by Toks2008(m): 5:44am On Jan 14, 2017
FortuneTeller:

I have always found your threads enlightening. It's only your hypocrisy I don't like. smiley

I hope you know the meaning of that word "hypocrisy" cos that is definitely the least adjective to use in describing me...

If there is one "realest" guy you can think of. that will be me..
Re: One man, One wife by Toks2008(m): 8:06pm On Jan 14, 2017
loveanonymity:
Some people think I am crazy when I tell them I don't mind my husband marrying a widow, divorcee or older unmarried women, but you spoke my reasons. All the single guys saying there will be people that will marry them, I put this question to them: can you marry any of them? A few that will say yes might even be playing lip service. I won't let my man know I don't care about it cos I think guys want ladies to be possesive of them too but honestly I don't care as long as he is capable, just and still shows me love and affection.

Like seriously?

2 Likes

Re: One man, One wife by Toks2008(m): 9:59am On Mar 18, 2017
I need some intelligent contributors to this piece...
cc:Ishilove,Seun, lalasticlala
Re: One man, One wife by Toks2008(m): 10:19am On Mar 18, 2017
loveanonymity:
Some people think I am crazy when I tell them I don't mind my husband marrying a widow, divorcee or older unmarried women, but you spoke my reasons. All the single guys saying there will be people that will marry them, I put this question to them: can you marry any of them? A few that will say yes might even be playing lip service. I won't let my man know I don't care about it cos I think guys want ladies to be possesive of them too but honestly I don't care as long as he is capable, just and still shows me love and affection.

I would like to know you cos you have a very peculiar mindset...

1 Like

Re: One man, One wife by H2Ossss(m): 10:39am On Mar 18, 2017
Toks2008:
I can bet this is one thread that will have large viewers but very few contributors because the topic is very deep.

Cool bro... Cool bro... Let's flip the table bro... Y not your wife marry anoda husband? C'mon... Lots of men don't have good jobs to marry a wife... Wait till you fall in their shoes

3 Likes

Re: One man, One wife by kuljoe4: 10:45am On Mar 18, 2017
Dfinex:

now we are getting somewhere. how about we disabusing our minds of this oddity : which is single guys thinking they must get married to single younger women?

Hey that's revolutionary behavioural sexual traits

It isn't a social-mind issues... It's in the genes
Re: One man, One wife by Toks2008(m): 11:18am On Mar 18, 2017
H2Ossss:

Cool bro... Cool bro... Let's flip the table bro... Y not your wife marry anoda husband? C'mon... Lots of men don't have good jobs to marry a wife... Wait till you fall in their shoes

Exactly my point....polygamy is a matter of choice and men who can marry more wives should gladly go ahead...their life...their choice.

1 Like

Re: One man, One wife by Toks2008(m): 11:26am On Mar 18, 2017
Dfinex:

now we are getting somewhere. how about we disabusing our minds of this oddity : which is single guys thinking they must get married to single younger women?

It's not a matter of must. ..mature single guys do not see any biggy in a lady being a single mum as long as she is good enough to be married to but the probability that those group will be more appreciated by married men is very high compared to single guys...

These are basic facts.
Re: One man, One wife by loveanonymity(f): 1:00pm On Mar 18, 2017
Toks2008:

Is it that obvious? I usually try to be anonymous and quiet.

3 Likes

Re: One man, One wife by loveanonymity(f): 1:03pm On Mar 18, 2017
Toks2008:

Is it that obvious? I usually try to be quiet and anonymous.

1 Like

Re: One man, One wife by Toks2008(m): 2:00pm On Mar 18, 2017
loveanonymity:

Is it that obvious? I usually try to be anonymous and quiet.

You are most likely an introvert...I am one too...we think outside the box.

1 Like

Re: One man, One wife by shayma(m): 2:05pm On Mar 18, 2017
There is nothing bad in polygamy if you are financially capable. Many people deceiving them self thinking they are deceiving GOd. You claim is a sin to marry two wife, but prefere to commit adultry by having side chick . Even to the extent of having child from another women outside. Wouldn't it better if you marry that side chick legally.
Who says is only polygamy that face problem in marriage. Mongamy do either. A lot of couple ends there marriage nowaday due to infidelity. Is not the availability of suplus marriageable women caused it.?I am not the fans of polygamy,but only GOd knows tomorrow. But it is just provoke me whenever i hear polygamy is a sin or is bad. One man one woman on my football. When you get many girlfriend you Bleep out side marriage. Who is deceiving who

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: One man, One wife by Toks2008(m): 2:21pm On Mar 18, 2017
shayma:
There is nothing bad in polygamy if you are financially capable. Many people deceiving them self thinking they are deceiving GOd. You claim is a sin to marry two wife, but prefere to commit adultry by having side chick . Even to the extent of having child from another women outside. Wouldn't it better if you marry that side chick legally.
Who says is only polygamy that face problem in marriage. Mongamy do either. A lot of couple ends there marriage nowaday due to infidelity. Is not the availability of suplus marriageable women caused it.?I am not the fans of polygamy,but only GOd knows tomorrow. But it is just provoke me whenever i hear polygamy is a sin or is bad. One man one woman on my football. When you get many girlfriend you Bleep out side marriage. Who is deceiving who

Very insightful.

1 Like

Re: One man, One wife by Kobicove(m): 4:10pm On Mar 18, 2017
I agree with the OP, the principle of one-man-one-wife is seriously flawed undecided

1 Like

Re: One man, One wife by OLAFIMIX(f): 4:50pm On Mar 18, 2017
Thank God you are over 40, help us by marrying as many widows and divorcées as possible.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: One man, One wife by Toks2008(m): 7:13pm On Mar 18, 2017
OLAFIMIX:
Thank God you are over 40, help us by marrying as many widows and divorcées as possible.

I'm not cut out for polygamy but guys who can handle can gladly go ahead.

2 Likes

Re: One man, One wife by OLAFIMIX(f): 7:33pm On Mar 18, 2017
Jesu mi ooo grin grin
Toks2008:

I'm not cut out for polygamy but guys who can handle can gladly go ahead.
Re: One man, One wife by Toks2008(m): 6:43pm On Apr 03, 2017
Kcove:
I agree with the OP, the principle of one-man-one-wife is seriously flawed undecided
Re: One man, One wife by Toks2008(m): 10:07pm On Apr 29, 2017
lalasticlala this is another insightful one.
Re: One man, One wife by Toks2008(m): 6:38pm On May 21, 2017
Let me remind lalasticlala of this too...these threads are very insightful.

1 Like

Re: One man, One wife by FreeSpirited: 7:34pm On May 21, 2017
Religious folk won't see the logic in this write up cos they are blinded by the sentiments, selfishness and hypocrisy of monogamy. When people don't understand that monogamy is considerably a new concept in the age of things then there will always be problem. Every society in the whole world started with polygamy. Every thing was balanced until Christianity came to distort fact as truth. Even in the Old testament polygamy was well sanctioned. Many halfbaked and hypocritic Christian will say we are in a new era of New testament. Make Una continue una hypocrisy. I dislike Christianity attimes cos of its apparent hypocrisy, though its good trumps its bad.
Since Jesus never mentioned monogamy as being the only marriage sanctioned by Him, coupled with the fact that polygamy was the order of the day during the lifetime of Christ, among the Jews, I dare say polygamy is not a sin nor a crime. Monogomy was enshrined during European civilization using Christianity as a cover. Attendant problem that usually follow polygamy is also the reason why polygamy was socially forbidden using Christianity as its premise.
Little history will tell you that until 16th century polygamy was still the norm in Europe and America. Nothing will forever be wrong with polygamy only for the problems usually caused by the wicked and jealous wives. Anyman who is willing and up to the task in wisdom and finance should go ahead and marry women that won't mind polygamy.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: One man, One wife by Toks2008(m): 9:12pm On May 21, 2017
FreeSpirited:
Religious folk won't see the logic in this write up cos they are blinded by the sentiments, selfishness and hypocrisy of monogamy. When people don't understand that monogamy is considerably a new concept in the age of things then there will always be problem. Every society in the whole world started with polygamy. Every thing was balanced until Christianity came to distort fact as truth. Even in the Old testament polygamy was well sanctioned. Many halfbaked and hypocritic Christian will say we are in a new era of New testament. Make Una continue una hypocrisy. I dislike Christianity attimes cos of its apparent hypocrisy, though its good trumps its bad.
Since Jesus never mentioned monogamy as being the only marriage sanctioned by Him, coupled with the fact that polygamy was the order of the day during the lifetime of Christ, among the Jews, I dare say polygamy is not a sin nor a crime. Monogomy was enshrined during European civilization using Christianity as a cover. Attendant problem that usually follow polygamy is also the reason why polygamy was socially forbidden using Christianity as its premise.
Little history will tell you that until 16th century polygamy was still the norm in Europe and America. Nothing will forever be wrong with polygamy only for the problems usually caused by the wicked and jealous wives. Anyman who is willing and up to the task in wisdom and finance should go ahead and marry women that won't mind polygamy.

Why you too get sense like this? if you be woman I for woo you die. ..Chai!

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wife Travelling Without Consent ? / My Lil Bro Plays With Girls, How Do I Stop It? / 12 Ways On How To Relate With Your In-laws

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.