Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,478 members, 7,781,399 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:49 PM

We Will Stand With Politically Dismissed 6 Policemen By Igp-wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Will Stand With Politically Dismissed 6 Policemen By Igp-wike (742 Views)

Saraki Meets Buhari Over Alleged Plot By IGP To Implicate Him / IPOB Is Sponsored By Looters And The Politically Disgruntled - Lai Mohammed / Governor Wike "Changes His Name" Over Dismissal Of 6 Policemen In Rivers. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

We Will Stand With Politically Dismissed 6 Policemen By Igp-wike by dechriscool(m): 9:11pm On Jan 07, 2017
IGP POLITICAL DISMISSAL OF 6 POLICEMEN : GOVERNOR WIKE SAYS RIVERS PEOPLE WILL STAND WITH THE POLICEMEN

Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike has declared that the government and people of the state will stand with the six policemen illegally dismissed by the Police High Command for political reasons because they committed no crime known to law.

The governor noted that the government and people of Rivers State will pursue the matter through laid down legal processes to its logical conclusion.

He spoke on Saturday in Ahoada East Local Government Area during the defection of Former APC Chieftain and Former Ahoada East Local Government Chairman, Mr Cassidy Ikegbidi.

He said: "They gave me policemen for my protection, but before I knew it, they have dismissed them. They think they are punishing them , but Rivers State will stand with them forever.

"By the time we finish, they will realise that they have favoured the so-called dismissed policemen. In Rivers State, we don't abandon people. No amount of intimidation, will make me abandon these innocent policemen ".

Governor Wike added: " The Policemen committed no offence. Simply because they followed their boss, they said they should be dismissed.

"They want to discourage policemen from protecting me. For me, I am not worried. I am a village man and a grassroots politician. Before you kill me, you would have killed so many people ".

He said that Rivers PDP is on ground in the state because it delivers projects to the people .

The governor noted that Rivers people will continue to protect their votes despite the evil machinations of the APC.

"Nobody will intimidate me to change my mind. If you like bug my phone. As far as I will never plan coup, I will never be afraid. A man with the people will never beg those who are bent on intimidating us.

"The blood pressure of APC leaders is extremely high. I will continue to make their blood pressure grow higher. From now on, I have changed my name from high tension to Mr Project. "

He pledged to execute three key projects in Ahoada East Local Government Area and also rehabilitate Western Ahoada County High School.

He commended the former Ahoada East Local Government Chairman for defecting to PDP, pointing out that the people will continue to witness Government presence.

In his remarks, Former APC Chieftain and Former Ahoada East Local Government Chairman, Mr Cassidy Ikegbidi said he and his supporters defected because of the development strides of the governor.

Rivers State PDP Chairman, Bro Felix Obuah assured all the defecting APC leaders that they will be integrated into the PDP structure.

Highpoint of the event was the hand over of the PDP logo to Mr Cassidy Ikegbidi.

Simeon Nwakaudu,
Special Assistant to the Rivers State Governor, Electronic Media.
7th December, 2017
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1037403523070505&id=672482079562653

Re: We Will Stand With Politically Dismissed 6 Policemen By Igp-wike by casttlebarbz(m): 9:12pm On Jan 07, 2017
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: We Will Stand With Politically Dismissed 6 Policemen By Igp-wike by dechriscool(m): 9:17pm On Jan 07, 2017
More pics of the event

Re: We Will Stand With Politically Dismissed 6 Policemen By Igp-wike by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jan 07, 2017
I love this man

blessing in disguise for the policemen. God has finally picked their call.
Re: We Will Stand With Politically Dismissed 6 Policemen By Igp-wike by dechriscool(m): 9:21pm On Jan 07, 2017
Today my name has changed from high tension to Mr.Project-Wike
Re: We Will Stand With Politically Dismissed 6 Policemen By Igp-wike by talktonase(m): 9:22pm On Jan 07, 2017
Woke calm down you cant fight fed govt.
Re: We Will Stand With Politically Dismissed 6 Policemen By Igp-wike by ALTERNATEID: 9:26pm On Jan 07, 2017
The dismissed police officers went out of line and were properly punished. When you are securing a politically exposed person, you must follow laid down rules of engagement or be ready to face the consequences. Wike can employ them if he likes. He should stop making noise about an internal police affairs that is beyond him.
Re: We Will Stand With Politically Dismissed 6 Policemen By Igp-wike by temitemi1(m): 9:27pm On Jan 07, 2017
thats the way to go...
Re: We Will Stand With Politically Dismissed 6 Policemen By Igp-wike by JideAmuGiaka: 9:30pm On Jan 07, 2017
"I am a village man".
"The blood pressure of APC members are high".
"I have changed my name from high tension to Mr project".

Interesting
Re: We Will Stand With Politically Dismissed 6 Policemen By Igp-wike by dechriscool(m): 9:31pm On Jan 07, 2017
Akin Fakorede SARS commander in Rivers state who visibly molested and intimidated INEC officials and PDP agent on camara.Where is he today?
Hypocrisy is a crime against your conscience, Repent
ALTERNATEID:
The dismissed police officers went out of line and were properly punished. When you are securing a politically exposed person, you must follow laid down rules of engagement or be ready to face the consequences. Wike can employ them if he likes. He should stop making noise about an internal police affairs that is beyond him.

1 Like

Re: We Will Stand With Politically Dismissed 6 Policemen By Igp-wike by JideAmuGiaka: 9:33pm On Jan 07, 2017
ALTERNATEID:

Your last statement, only shows how hypocritical you are.
Re: We Will Stand With Politically Dismissed 6 Policemen By Igp-wike by Mynd44: 9:35pm On Jan 07, 2017

(1)

A Quick One On The 15 Of January 1966 Coup / 200 Pro-biafra Activist Still Missing-vanguard / Heavy Gunfire In Yobe As Army Foils Boko Haram’s Attempt To Capture Military Bas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.