Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,573 members, 7,809,091 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:48 PM

Obijackson Foundation Rejuvenates Igbo Culture With Face Of Okija - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Obijackson Foundation Rejuvenates Igbo Culture With Face Of Okija (12883 Views)

Nigerians In Ireland Celebrate Yoruba Culture With Colourful Fabrics (Pictures) / Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor / South African Lady Goes Topless To Celebrate Her Culture With Pride (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obijackson Foundation Rejuvenates Igbo Culture With Face Of Okija by investnow2013: 11:36pm On Jan 07, 2017
In its bid to revive the fading Igbo culture, Obijackson Foundation, the CSR arm of the Obijackson Group, organised the Face of Okija Pageant, a music and cultural festival aimed at rejuvenating the Igbo culture that has been badly eroded by all manner of external influences.

The event which was held at the Obijackson Sports Arena in the sleepy town of Okija, comprising thirty villages on December 29, 2016, Okija town in Ihiala Local Government Area of Anambra State, affirmed its historical importance as the hub of Igbo tradition, as winners emerged in the 2016 ‘Face of Okija’ Pageant .

The highly contested competition which saw Chinasa Ezeamaka and Chukwudi Enukoha emerge as the new Queen and King of Face of Okija respectively, was witnessed by foremost traditional rulers, notable names, accomplished individuals and observers from different parts of the country.

Present were, Anambra State Governor, His Excellency, Chief Willie Obiano, his deputy, Dr. Nkem Okeke, Mr. Oseloka Henry Obaze, Secretary to the Government of Anambra State, Professor Rich Umeh, Chief Pete Edochie, one of Africa’s most talented actors, Anayo Modestus Onyekwere (Kanayo O. Kanayo) and Okechukwu Anthony Onyegbule (Okey Bakassi).

According to the Founder of the Obijackson Group, Dr. Ernest Azudialu-Obiejesi, who presented the winners with keys to brand new Corolla cars and cheques for the sum One Million Naira each, the “Face of Okija Pageant is a Special Purpose Programme (SPP) activated to insulate Igbo culture, beliefs and tradition from continuous attrition. The initiative is a preservative agenda for sustaining our ‘Igboness’ and promoting our essence as a people”.

With their emergence as winners in the 2016 ‘Face of Okija’ Pageant, Chinasa Ezeamaka and Chukwudi Enukoha, in addition to other prizes, have become Ambassadors of the Obijackson Foundation and are placed on fixed salary of One Million and Four Hundred Thousand Naira for the duration of their reign. In their new role, they are expected to leverage their status to impact lives in Okija, Igbo land and the Nigerian nation through an active involvement in a mix of social welfare programmes and initiatives they will undertake in the days ahead.

Aside from, excellent performance by Ebuka Obi-Uchendu (Ebuka) and Bovi Ugboma (Bovi), who were the event comperes, the scintillating performance by Ifechukwu Eze (Ifex G), winner of the star prize of five hundred thousand naira in the Okija Rising segment of the event created to discover and help youths nurture their musical talent, held the audience spellbound just as Phyno (Azubike Chibuzo Nelson) glided to the stage to take the audience to another level of excitement, with his energetic and thrilling performance.

Though Face of Okija 2016 may have ended as a festival where guests had so much to drink and eat, the real success of the initiative is its growing appeal and impact on Igbo youths. Clearly, from the number of entries and quality of performances at this year’s festival, it would not be out of place to conclude that Igbo youths are gradually embracing the cultural heritage of the Igbo nation and becoming the custodians of the Igbo culture and tradition.

Obijackson Foundation is the CSR arm of the Obijackson Group, one of the fastest growing conglomerates in sub-Saharan Africa, comprising Energy Works Technology (EWT) Ltd, B&Q Dredging Ltd, Neconde Energy Ltd, NestHak Ltd, Nesto Aviation Ltd, Century Power Generation Ltd, Shipside Drydock Ltd, Impac Engineering Ltd, Hammakopp Consortium Ltd, Scorpio Drilling International Ltd, Gobowen Exploration and Production Ltd, and Nestoil Limited has its flagship company.

As a business conglomerate with interests in diverse sectors of the economy, such as Oil and Gas exploration, Pipeline construction, Pressure Vessel Fabrication, Power Generation, Telecommunications and Real Estate, the Obijackson Group is aware of its role in social transformation and economic development in Africa.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/01/obijackson-foundation-rejuvenates-igbo-culture-face-okija/

2 Likes

Re: Obijackson Foundation Rejuvenates Igbo Culture With Face Of Okija by NIGHTMAREOO7: 12:03am On Jan 08, 2017
Igbo kwenu

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obijackson Foundation Rejuvenates Igbo Culture With Face Of Okija by ArabMopol(m): 12:10am On Jan 08, 2017
the guy resembles ogwugwu akpu alusi Okija

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obijackson Foundation Rejuvenates Igbo Culture With Face Of Okija by solidman59(m): 7:15am On Jan 08, 2017
Igbo kwezuenu

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obijackson Foundation Rejuvenates Igbo Culture With Face Of Okija by wayne4loan: 7:20am On Jan 08, 2017
Obijackson the great philanthropist .... The dude wants to put his village in the league of its own

6 Likes

Re: Obijackson Foundation Rejuvenates Igbo Culture With Face Of Okija by barrackbwoi(m): 7:21am On Jan 08, 2017
AFONJAS, if you like igbos,

#WeeYouDie?

14 Likes

Re: Obijackson Foundation Rejuvenates Igbo Culture With Face Of Okija by serverconnect(m): 7:23am On Jan 08, 2017
Nice one.
Re: Obijackson Foundation Rejuvenates Igbo Culture With Face Of Okija by TamedWolf90: 7:23am On Jan 08, 2017
If I have the resources,I had do better than him..
My money remain 20naira make e reach 1million

8 Likes

Re: Obijackson Foundation Rejuvenates Igbo Culture With Face Of Okija by explorer250(m): 7:24am On Jan 08, 2017
TimeManager:
Not until you start by rejuvenating your ibo brothers puting leashes on your slutty daughters for rituals.
Kiss the truth!
am sorry but you land is the ritual headquarters of nigeria

18 Likes

Re: Obijackson Foundation Rejuvenates Igbo Culture With Face Of Okija by Baroba(m): 7:27am On Jan 08, 2017
Great initiative, am a big fan of Obiejesi..Great man.

6 Likes

Re: Obijackson Foundation Rejuvenates Igbo Culture With Face Of Okija by judemmesoma(m): 7:28am On Jan 08, 2017
nice move......
Re: Obijackson Foundation Rejuvenates Igbo Culture With Face Of Okija by Presidiotbuhari: 7:32am On Jan 08, 2017
TimeManager:
Not until you start by rejuvenating your ibo brothers puting leashes on your slutty daughters for rituals.
Kiss the truth!
^^^
Children of hate from brown roof republic and ritual capital of west are here already to mastubate.....shey dem swear for afonjas to hate the blessed children of ISRAEL?

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obijackson Foundation Rejuvenates Igbo Culture With Face Of Okija by Adonike(m): 7:36am On Jan 08, 2017
explorer250:
am sorry but you land is the ritual headquarters of nigeria
Hello 'hater', the correct version of this your 'hater' comment above is;
"I'm sorry, but your land is the ritual headquarters of Nigeria".

Reduce your hate next time so as to enable you type well next time!!!

1 Like

Re: Obijackson Foundation Rejuvenates Igbo Culture With Face Of Okija by flyca: 7:39am On Jan 08, 2017
Rejuvenating indeed! Is Jackson an Igbo name?
The concept of reviving Igbo culture amaka, but this man should identify with umunna ya first. We Igbo have very unique surnames, which one be Jackson kwa angry

2 Likes

Re: Obijackson Foundation Rejuvenates Igbo Culture With Face Of Okija by Cariehn: 7:40am On Jan 08, 2017
judemmesoma:
nice move......
Re: Obijackson Foundation Rejuvenates Igbo Culture With Face Of Okija by herdekunley9ja(m): 7:49am On Jan 08, 2017
igbo kwenu grin

Re: Obijackson Foundation Rejuvenates Igbo Culture With Face Of Okija by Nobody: 7:55am On Jan 08, 2017
I love this. ...This should be encouraged all over Nigeria.

Besides Obi Jackson is a big boy with a big heart. kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Obijackson Foundation Rejuvenates Igbo Culture With Face Of Okija by ericuzor(m): 7:55am On Jan 08, 2017
flyca:
The concept of reviving Igbo culture amaka, but this man should identify with umunna ya first. We Igbo have very unique surnames, which one be Jackson kwa angry
that's his nickname

8 Likes

Re: Obijackson Foundation Rejuvenates Igbo Culture With Face Of Okija by hAlexandro(m): 8:03am On Jan 08, 2017
Looking for the tiniest Bleep to give
Re: Obijackson Foundation Rejuvenates Igbo Culture With Face Of Okija by Okeikpu(m): 8:11am On Jan 08, 2017
9ice 1
Re: Obijackson Foundation Rejuvenates Igbo Culture With Face Of Okija by SycophanticGoat: 8:13am On Jan 08, 2017
Adonike:

Hello 'hater', the correct version of this your 'hater' comment above is;

"I'm sorry, but your land is the ritual headquarters of Nigeria".

Reduce your hate next time so as to enable you type well next time!!!

Shut the hell up or better still, take your useless advise to the mofo that first degraded and abused the Igbos. The way you people behave on here is quite annoying. You act all saintly while displaying your hypocritical nature. I give up on yall.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obijackson Foundation Rejuvenates Igbo Culture With Face Of Okija by SycophanticGoat: 8:15am On Jan 08, 2017
flyca:

You don't have anything reasonable to say, else you'd have noticed that his first business name and that which he also used as nickname starts with Obi (as in Obi-Jackson), so is Obi not also an Igbo name? undecided

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obijackson Foundation Rejuvenates Igbo Culture With Face Of Okija by Okeikpu(m): 8:16am On Jan 08, 2017
flyca:
Black man read b4 you drop ur opinion grin

1 Like

Re: Obijackson Foundation Rejuvenates Igbo Culture With Face Of Okija by onward4life(m): 8:21am On Jan 08, 2017
Tribalism on this thread..

All southerners...

I tire for Ibos and Yorubas.

Just love yourself for one day it won't affect your data!

1 Like

Re: Obijackson Foundation Rejuvenates Igbo Culture With Face Of Okija by Okeikpu(m): 8:25am On Jan 08, 2017
onward4life:

Tribalism on this thread..

All southerners...

I tire for Ibos and Yorubas.

Just love yourself for one day it won't affect your data!
What are u talking abt
Inozikwaya
Re: Obijackson Foundation Rejuvenates Igbo Culture With Face Of Okija by Nobody: 8:25am On Jan 08, 2017
Afonjas are already here to hate, envy and show their wickedness for the success of another man. SMH

2 Likes

Re: Obijackson Foundation Rejuvenates Igbo Culture With Face Of Okija by Adonike(m): 8:34am On Jan 08, 2017
SycophanticGoat:

Shut the hell up or better still, take your useless advise to the mofo that first degraded and abused the Igbos. The way you people behave on here is quite annoying. You act all saintly while displaying their hypocritical nature. I give up on yall.

My bro., no too vex for me pls. I probably didn't notice the other guy. We are brothers and try not to give up on us.. I regret any inconvenience I may have caused. Kindly forgive me.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obijackson Foundation Rejuvenates Igbo Culture With Face Of Okija by onward4life(m): 8:40am On Jan 08, 2017
Okeikpu:
What are u talking abt
Inozikwaya

I mean peace bro

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Girls Form Fake Accent Anyways? / The Igbos Of Bonny- Igbodefender.com / Iwa Akwa Festival:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.