Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,966 members, 7,799,279 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:23 PM

6 Ways To Prevent Your Smartphones From Overheating - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 6 Ways To Prevent Your Smartphones From Overheating (18435 Views)

How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones / Coronavirus: 4 Ways To Properly Sanitize And Clean Your Smartphones / Checkout These Tips To Protect Your Phone From Overheating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Ways To Prevent Your Smartphones From Overheating by Allspired: 4:57am On Jan 08, 2017
Overheating is one of the major problem smartphone users face today. With increased processing power and packing large batteries with fast-charging technology, users often face situations when their smartphones over heat during certain tasks. This may be during charging, playing/recording 4K content or while using heavy apps.

Though in most cases overheating is a hardware issue, there are also some tips that you can follow to ensure that your smartphone does not overheat.

Remove the case
Keeping the smartphone in a cover case traps the heat emitted out of the handset and so removing it can help reduce overheating to some extent.

Keep it on a hard surface while charging
While charging your smartphone, keep it on a hard surface instead of on a bed or a sofa which absorb heat. As during charging, the heat emitted gets trapped inside and warms up the smartphone even more.

Avoid overnight charging
Many of us leave our smartphones for charging overnight. Keeping the smartphone on charge overnight not only affects the efficiency of your battery in the long run, but also heats up the device. There have been cases where smartphone batteries have exploded due to overcharging.

Kill those apps
There are some apps which are a drain on both processing power as well as graphics, such apps too heat up the device. These apps play in the background and add to the processing power’s drainout. This excess of processing power results in overheating of the device.

Avoid direct sunlight
Users can also prevent handsets, especially ones featuring plastic back panel, from heating up by not keeping them under direct sunlight. The heat coming from the sunlight along with all the processing power running in the background are bound to heat-up your smartphone.

Avoid third-party chargers and batteries
Some third-party chargers and batteries too are responsible for heating up of smartphones. Not only batteries, but chargers with different wattage too heat up the smartphones to some extent.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Ways To Prevent Your Smartphones From Overheating by Allspired: 4:58am On Jan 08, 2017
Re: 6 Ways To Prevent Your Smartphones From Overheating by Sleekydee(m): 5:58am On Jan 08, 2017
if u like observe rule 1-6 fourteen times daily, INFINIX wee still hot, next plix...

13 Likes

Re: 6 Ways To Prevent Your Smartphones From Overheating by Lionbite(m): 6:00am On Jan 08, 2017
Actually what i do when my phone gets hot after hours of intense gaming is that i walk into the kitchen open th deep freezer and place place my phone in it for like 30 sec. I know it may sound funny but it actually works.

12 Likes

Re: 6 Ways To Prevent Your Smartphones From Overheating by udemejack(m): 6:10am On Jan 08, 2017
Sleekydee:
if u like observe rule 1-6 fourteen times daily, INFINIX wee still hot, next plix...
i almost used my infinix Zero as electric heater.

10 Likes

Re: 6 Ways To Prevent Your Smartphones From Overheating by Sleekydee(m): 6:20am On Jan 08, 2017
udemejack:

it can mk EBA.

7 Likes

Re: 6 Ways To Prevent Your Smartphones From Overheating by udemejack(m): 6:22am On Jan 08, 2017
Sleekydee:

it can mk EBA.
grin

3 Likes

Re: 6 Ways To Prevent Your Smartphones From Overheating by Nobody: 7:34am On Jan 08, 2017
Sleekydee:

it can mk EBA.
OMG grin
Re: 6 Ways To Prevent Your Smartphones From Overheating by yak(m): 4:03pm On Jan 08, 2017
Iamtosignno:
OMG grin

what I usually do is since d back of my phone is plastic, I will simply get cold sachet water n place d phone on it. n within seconds it cools down.
hope am not damaging the phone

1 Like

Re: 6 Ways To Prevent Your Smartphones From Overheating by Nobody: 4:43am On Jan 09, 2017
yak:

what I usually do is since d back of my phone is plastic, I will simply get cold sachet water n place d phone on it. n within seconds it cools down.
you should rather but pouch for your phone i suggest before UN expecting fault
Re: 6 Ways To Prevent Your Smartphones From Overheating by yak(m): 1:26pm On Jan 09, 2017
Iamtosignno:
you should rather but pouch for your phone i suggest before UN expecting fault

kk boss. we learn every day
Re: 6 Ways To Prevent Your Smartphones From Overheating by Allspired: 9:30am On Jan 11, 2017
yak:

Rapidly cooling your device is not a good idea becos some components might get damaged due to uneven expansion and contraction

3 Likes

Re: 6 Ways To Prevent Your Smartphones From Overheating by EmmaLege: 7:21am On Jan 12, 2017
Nice one
Re: 6 Ways To Prevent Your Smartphones From Overheating by Adonis7: 7:21am On Jan 12, 2017
Nn
Re: 6 Ways To Prevent Your Smartphones From Overheating by Nobody: 7:21am On Jan 12, 2017
Up Tecno!!! Doesn't overheat at all.

1 Like

Re: 6 Ways To Prevent Your Smartphones From Overheating by Kingxway: 7:21am On Jan 12, 2017
Interesting
Re: 6 Ways To Prevent Your Smartphones From Overheating by agarawu23(m): 7:21am On Jan 12, 2017
Here in Nigeria, our phones can't escape over night charging o

9 Likes

Re: 6 Ways To Prevent Your Smartphones From Overheating by Quintessential1(f): 7:23am On Jan 12, 2017
udemejack:

Lol. Gracious Lord!

1 Like

Re: 6 Ways To Prevent Your Smartphones From Overheating by camonguy: 7:24am On Jan 12, 2017

Re: 6 Ways To Prevent Your Smartphones From Overheating by henryobinna(m): 7:24am On Jan 12, 2017
bad processors would always overheat... really this is a fact.

and that is why, before you buy any new smartphone you need a GUIDE...to guide you, don't waste your money.

YOU NEED THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE GUIDE TO BUY YOUR NEXT SMARTPHONE http://www.legitstuffs.com/2015/11/features-to-watchout-for-when-buying-smartphone.html
Re: 6 Ways To Prevent Your Smartphones From Overheating by hyfr(m): 7:25am On Jan 12, 2017
Remember how my friend Wale, used his infinix Hot note to iron his shirt that year

4 Likes

Re: 6 Ways To Prevent Your Smartphones From Overheating by Rapmoney(m): 7:25am On Jan 12, 2017
Don't allow ur smartphone to overheat!

Meanwhile, for accommodation issues in Warri and environs, visit:

https://www.nairaland.com/2752917/contact-class-properties-investments-accomodation
Re: 6 Ways To Prevent Your Smartphones From Overheating by Lovexme(m): 7:26am On Jan 12, 2017
My Xiaomi phone never heats up.
Re: 6 Ways To Prevent Your Smartphones From Overheating by Nobody: 7:27am On Jan 12, 2017
Nma27:
Up Tecno!!! Doesn't overheat at all.

You and Lai Mohammed

2 Likes

Re: 6 Ways To Prevent Your Smartphones From Overheating by celestialAgent(m): 7:28am On Jan 12, 2017
Sleekydee:
It's a lie.

I use infinix hot s and my phone has never heated..
Re: 6 Ways To Prevent Your Smartphones From Overheating by chronique(m): 7:29am On Jan 12, 2017
My infinix zero always overheats. I put the phone inside the fridge recently and by the time I brought it out, the battery was just draining out within seconds until it went off.
Re: 6 Ways To Prevent Your Smartphones From Overheating by harry2ve(m): 7:29am On Jan 12, 2017

Re: 6 Ways To Prevent Your Smartphones From Overheating by truthspeaks: 7:32am On Jan 12, 2017
I disagree wit point num3. Keeping a fone on a hard surface especially a cold ground drains ba3 life.

Sure 1 na to put ur fone inside freezer. E go cool am as fast as it charges grin grin
Re: 6 Ways To Prevent Your Smartphones From Overheating by jkaro(m): 7:34am On Jan 12, 2017
I can charge my phone from morning till night because immediately I remove the charge the battery don start to de reduce.
Re: 6 Ways To Prevent Your Smartphones From Overheating by Chiefpriest1(m): 7:36am On Jan 12, 2017
Nothing kills a phone faster than playing games with it when you are bored. Especially infinix and tecno phones.

They get so hot sometimes, you start thinking if the manufacturers did scenario experiments at all.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Infinix Hot 6x Vs Hot S3x: What Is The Difference? / Android: “Camera Is Not Working, Can’t Connect To Camera” See Possible Solutions / How To Roll Over Your Unused MTN Internet Data Subscrition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.