Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,310 members, 7,780,731 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:58 PM

The Creationist View On Dinosaurs. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Creationist View On Dinosaurs. (781 Views)

What Buried The Dinosaurs In Mass Graves? / Pastor Sam Adeyemi's View On Tithing / Scientific Fact: God Created Dinosaurs! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Creationist View On Dinosaurs. by tonyx4x44(m): 6:44am On Jan 08, 2017
I need help understanding the place of dinosaurs in the creation.

1. When were they created?

2. How did they go extinct?
Re: The Creationist View On Dinosaurs. by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:00am On Jan 08, 2017
Dinosaurs appeared millions of years before man and went extinct as the earth was being conditioned for mans appearance.
A lot of people misunderstand Gen 1 to 3 and give it wrong interpretation.
Re: The Creationist View On Dinosaurs. by Nobody: 8:30am On Jan 08, 2017
Proudlyngwa:
Dinosaurs appeared millions of years before man and went extinct as the earth was being conditioned for mans appearance.
You do know that there has been at least 3 mass extinctions before the one that killed the dinosaurs right?
So why did the bible not say anything about God destroying a large percentage of his creation for man?
Why would God even create the dinosaurs only to have them killed?
The bible was written by men who were restricted by the knowledge and morality of their time.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Creationist View On Dinosaurs. by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:45am On Jan 08, 2017
Lennycool:

You do know that there has been at least 3 mass extinctions before the one that killed the dinosaurs right?
So why did the bible not say anything about God destroying a large percentage of his creation for man?
Why would God even create the dinosaurs only to have them killed?
The bible was written by men who were restricted by the knowledge and morality of their time.

I don't know about 3 mass extinctions, care to enlighten.
Like I said a lot of things are not understood in Gen 1 to 3.
The bible certainly does not contain everything that happened pre and post creation.
And it is not recorded God killed Dinosaurs, I believe the dinosaurs had served their purposes and were allowed to go extinct.
Re: The Creationist View On Dinosaurs. by tonyx4x44(m): 10:54am On Jan 08, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

According to the Bible, God created the heaven and the earth and all on it in one week (this is another question self) so how come the Dinosaurs appeared millions of years before man

And for the other question, if the sun was created on the third day how did 2 days pass

1 Like

Re: The Creationist View On Dinosaurs. by DoctorAlien(m): 11:04am On Jan 08, 2017
Many life forms which GOD created do not exist on earth today; things like Leviathan and probably dinosaurs and many other ones. They probably disappeared with the flood.
Re: The Creationist View On Dinosaurs. by Proudlyngwa(m): 11:40am On Jan 08, 2017
tonyx4x44:

According to the Bible, God created the heaven and the earth and all on it in one week (this is another question self) so how come the Dinosaurs appeared millions of years before man

And for the other question, if the sun was created on the third day how did 2 days pass
That is why I said most people interpret the Bible wrongly especially Gen 1 to 3.
If the bible were to be written now, it certainly won't be as it was written then. Remember how people understand things now is different from how people understood things then.

When God was saying let us make, he was talking to spiritual beings who are not bound by physical limitations like time and space.
One big mistake is we keep equating the spirit world with the physical world.
Re: The Creationist View On Dinosaurs. by tonyx4x44(m): 12:20pm On Jan 08, 2017
DoctorAlien:
Many life forms which GOD created do not exist on earth today; things like Leviathan and probably dinosaurs and many other ones. They probably disappeared with the flood.

Were they created in the same week of the creation or before?

If before, on what planet?

If the same week, when and how did they go extinct?
Re: The Creationist View On Dinosaurs. by tonyx4x44(m): 12:22pm On Jan 08, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

That is why I said most people interpret the Bible wrongly especially Gen 1 to 3.
If the bible were to be written now, it certainly won't be as it was written then. Remember how people understand things now is different from how people understood things then.

When God was saying let us make, he was talking to spiritual beings who are not bound by physical limitations like time and space.
One big mistake is we keep equating the spirit world with the physical world.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I though the Bible is God's word revealed through man? If you say it was written according to the understanding of those men, doesn't that make it man's book and not God's?

If the Bible was written according to the understanding of current men, it's first book would be title evolution, not genesis.
Re: The Creationist View On Dinosaurs. by Proudlyngwa(m): 1:28pm On Jan 08, 2017
tonyx4x44:

Correct me if I'm wrong, I though the Bible is God's word revealed through man? If you say it was written according to the understanding of those men, doesn't that make it man's book and not God's?

If the Bible was written according to the understanding of current men, it's first book would be title evolution, not genesis.

The bible is a collection of books containing God's word in different era's.
The way it was passed in the mosaic era differs from the prophetic era, differs from the ecclesiastical eras. A lot has been lost in translation but that doesn't erode the message. The bible is more than just a historical book of events.

You can choose to believe it.
You can choose to scorn it.
You can choose to interpret it as you like.

But it still remains the greatest book of all time.
Re: The Creationist View On Dinosaurs. by Proudlyngwa(m): 1:29pm On Jan 08, 2017
tonyx4x44:

Were they created in the same week of the creation or before?

If before, on what planet?

If the same week, when and how did they go extinct?
You are taking weeks literal, in the spirit world they are not governed by our physical mode of time.

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 11/01/17 / Muslims: Is It Haram To Give Money To Masquerades & Osun Worshippers? / How The Foreigners Scammed Komas In The Name Of Yahweh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.