Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,237 members, 7,807,788 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:21 PM

Cg Architect/3d Artist/animator Available. - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Cg Architect/3d Artist/animator Available. (7113 Views)

When A 3D Artist Adds ‪photography‬ To His Set Of Skills (check It Out) / Where Are The 3d Animators, The Cg Artist Gone? / Nigerian 3d Artist Contest - Prize . Free Training . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cg Architect/3d Artist/animator Available. by melvi: 12:09pm On Nov 23, 2009
Hi,

I am presently looking for a job in an architectural,advertising or animation studio preferably in Lagos.I am also available for freelance work.
Feel free to visit my website:
http://melviso.deviantart.com

My gallery:
http://melviso.deviantart.com/gallery

Some of my works:

Watch animation video:

http://melviso.deviantart.com/art/HS-kaiyemeise-trailer-143995834

E-mail: melviso2@yahoo.com

Thanks.
Re: Cg Architect/3d Artist/animator Available. by melvi: 12:28pm On Nov 24, 2009
More of my works:

3D Modelling & lightning with Maya & ArchiCAD:

1 Like

Re: Cg Architect/3d Artist/animator Available. by vertexroya(m): 8:40pm On Nov 29, 2009
There are several companies in lagos, in need of 3d architects, just check your tuesday and thursday guardian.
I also have high profile clients whose jobs I could't do, you may wish to improve your profficiency in rendering and walk through animation
to meet their needs. If you are in Lagos, and you feel you are good enough for TV, then let's have a personal chat.
Re: Cg Architect/3d Artist/animator Available. by melvi: 12:30pm On Nov 30, 2009
Hmm, What standard do these clients require?Kindly send me an e-mail with all the details.
Re: Cg Architect/3d Artist/animator Available. by vertexroya(m): 6:34pm On Nov 30, 2009
3D modeling and animation is becoming so advanced these days, but there's just a very simple aim in all 3D works,
REALISM,
don't tell me you are jack of all trains, cos, i surely know that good 3D works are not one man's business.

Well just for emphasis, you have to render your works to look as realistic as possible, then create a walk through animation
to showcase the interior designs of a room,compound or even street.
In between the walk through animation, you should have a stunning special effect, to entice the viewer, then your transitions have
to be amazing.

It is not the job that is the issue man, it is the SKILL.
Re: Cg Architect/3d Artist/animator Available. by aphek: 10:40am On Dec 01, 2009
When you talk of architectural walk through, will the final output be an avi video or an interactive application just like the type you have in cg games.
Re: Cg Architect/3d Artist/animator Available. by melvi: 12:19pm On Dec 04, 2009
@aphek.
Nope,its not necessary that it should be interactive.Any file output is okay.I use wmv or mov files.Avi files are okay too.

@vertexroya
Of course,realism is the aim but not always the target,beauty is.Finding a blend of what makes for example an interior beautiful is coming up with unique and diverse furnitures,textures and foliage.It should look engaging and detailed.Actually,if one was going for this look, one screenshot of a living room will take like 1-3 months to find the perfect composition of textures,lightning and rendering.Most of the works u see done by the best 3D artists around the world take that long.Quality takes time to achieve and should not be rushed.Thats why I understand why u feel its not a one man business.

And the 3D rendering of those frames,lets say, for a 3-minutes walkthrough.If the render of one frame takes like 2 hours.How long will for the frames of a 3-minutes video take,not to mention power supply hiccups.There are ways u can shorten render times like using normal,and displacement maps and re-topology(creating low res models from highly detailed ones)The animation trailer I did took 2 minutes for each frame.

I am still working on the above interior project.I intend to show day and night times.Will post the walk through video of the interiors when I am through.

By the way,can u post some of your works.I think we all would like to see them.

Thanks.
Re: Cg Architect/3d Artist/animator Available. by melvi: 7:41pm On Jan 26, 2010
My new animation video showing a sitting room interior with furniture.

Still renders from video:

Watch animation video
http://melviso.deviantart.com/art/Interiors-and-Furniture-152525847

Softwares: Maya,Mudbox,Fruity loops & Sony Vegas.Enjoy!!

All rights reserved.Property of U.C.Melvis.No part of this work should be copied or reproduced without permission from me.
Re: Cg Architect/3d Artist/animator Available. by AdamuW: 8:22am On Jan 27, 2010
Good start. I suggest you take a look into lighting techniques because that would help your work a lot.

Keep it up.
Re: Cg Architect/3d Artist/animator Available. by melvi: 1:03pm On Jan 27, 2010
The lightning was what I was going for.It might appear dark on some monitors due to screen settings.
Re: Cg Architect/3d Artist/animator Available. by reactor: 10:11pm On Jan 27, 2010
melvi:

The lightning was what I was going for.It might appear dark on some monitors due to screen settings.
in other words there is nothing wrong with your work and all our monitors suck! dude the work is ok (at best) but not amazing. the lighting looks very harsh and cg. learn to take advice and improve on ur work. lets not keep celebrating mediocrity.
Re: Cg Architect/3d Artist/animator Available. by zPixel(m): 11:29pm On Jan 27, 2010
@melvin
wat renderer do u use?
Re: Cg Architect/3d Artist/animator Available. by 9tLecturer: 10:13am On Jan 28, 2010
@melvi
Guy, cool down you will get the Job, as earlier said by vertexroya "It is not the job that is the issue man, it is the SKILL." , that's exactly the point, what matters is the SKILLS AND REALISM. if you were the client, what will you go for? that's the question you should always try to answer,

Great start, great stuff, modeling OK, but melvi, there are some other fundamentals you need to consider especially when working on arch designs in any 3D program. These programs are so developed to simulate real world’s structure, settings and virtually anything as to compare with real world and that's why they are perfectly used for visual effects in films and TV, so there's need to follow the procedures and processes to get the best result.

now you seems to have gotten the models right but you are not there yet, try and answer the following questions ,
- which 3D program are you currently using and conversant with?
- which renderer?
- what are the models unit measurements, do yo have or considered any? note that this might affect your lighting in GI (photos and ray points)
- what do you like to focus on, arch design, character design, animation? so that you can build your strengths on the areas.
- do you really need to animate or do a fly through? how about different angle still shots.

build yourself on achieving photorealistic design, this will not only establish you as a professional but also tell how best you are in the thin cuss that's the whole point of getting the job.

indeed this's a great start, please keep it up, seek professional opinions and advice, ask how some stunning designs were done, get these answers and employ them into your workflow then your reel will bring the client.

little tips! don’t like animation ooooo cheesy it sometimes just waste your time, different angle shots of your stunning models/design can do the do grin grin grin

keep it up and see you on top wink
Re: Cg Architect/3d Artist/animator Available. by melvi: 5:48pm On Jan 29, 2010
reactor:

in other words there is nothing wrong with your work and all our monitors suck! dude the work is ok (at best) but not amazing. the lighting looks very harsh and cg. learn to take advice and improve on your work. lets not keep celebrating mediocrity.
Quite frankly,this is the reason why I don't post on nigerian forums cause there are always certain group of people who act like they know it all and try to act all high and mighty when they only know little or nothing.Pls,do not reply to any of my posts cause I have checked your post history and I can see u are very sharp tongued and hell bent on bringing people down.Come to think of it,have u posted any of your works on nairaland?cause I can't find any.If u have and u are good,good for u.If u haven't and u suck,get lost!!If u took the time to read the posts of people like CGking,codname47,zpixel and grafikdon,u will know that these individuals understand the world of graphics,3D and animation stuff.It takes time to actually do this stuff and they are good at what they do.You are just downright annoying.I appreciated what Adamu said but that was the artstyle I was going for.I have posted this on other forums and I haven't met anyone post anything close to yours rather they talk about the camera angles,keyframing,render settings or ways in which I can improve.This is my 3rd animation attempt so I wanted a CG artstyle like Final fantasy kinda.Realism is something I intend to prefect but I can imagine the render hours for just one frame would take.You may be good at whatever that u do,but em, lets not talk to each other considering your post history, shall we?

@zpixel
Mental Ray.

@9tLecturer
Really appreciate your post.

@Adamu W.
Now I think I manipulated the graphics while putting the frames together in Sony Vegas.Thanks for pointing it out.Guess I should leave the frames the way they are after rendering from Maya and keep an eye out for the lightning.
Re: Cg Architect/3d Artist/animator Available. by melvi: 2:12pm On Jan 30, 2010
Old 3D work:

Need to work on my character animation skills.Definitely will be getting motionbuilder.
Re: Cg Architect/3d Artist/animator Available. by reactor: 1:01pm On Jan 31, 2010
i dont know if you are a hypocrite or what you seemed to agree with at least some of my previouse posts

reactor:

for gods sake if you wanna teach the least you could do is post some of your works or a link to a portfolio so people may know what level you are at. but you just want people to take your word for it and just come with their 50 k and for what a lousy training and a couple of pirated dvd's.

melvi:

I agree,a portfolio is important so that prospective learners can be able to see your work and determine whether if they take lessons from u and your crew,their work will be as good as yours when they are through with the program.If u have a portfolio,that is.

now all of a sudden im useless and suck eh!
when adamu suggested u shud work on your lighting. you insisted that is actually what you are going for.  then when i gave you my own opinion. you came and threw around dirt then in between tried to explain to me that its not easy and render takes several hours and gloriously kissed some asses of the guys u could remember who seem to have more c.g warheads than u. kind of like signing a treaty to make sure they dont attack u or more appropriately set u straight. its an archetypal scenario iv seen it too many times on this forum.  i myself will certainly find it hard to tell you the truth if you become a loyal dog like that.and bearing in mind that im the only one who directly told you your lighting is harsh and very c.g you went to the so called all high and mighty non Nigerian forum and asked them basically the same thing i told you
http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?p=2615482#post2615482
not that anyone bothered to answer u or even comment on your work.  anyway that shows that even now you consider my feedback which is what my comment is if you will look beyond my undiplomatic approach, a feedback! great artists know how to use this to their advantage.adamu didn't even reply you again and and you still came back and reversed your self from your standpoint that that was what you are going for to that you messed it up in post in vegas. probably u realized your denial. i don't care if you produce rubbish just dont come and talk to us like we are stupid or something. otherwise I'd be happy to let you bask in your kingdom of self deceit
oh by the way just because motion builder is used in avatar doesn't mean you will get the same result from it. they simply used it to aid and clean up their motion capture workflow. you dont even use mo-cap and i don't see how you can be a good animator if you dont master the regular key-framing animation and use of curves in maya which is your choice app. but go ahead and try it. i just dont think it will help you the way you think it will.at least you are not buying a genuine package anyway so the only thing u willl be wasting is your time.
Re: Cg Architect/3d Artist/animator Available. by aphek: 10:14am On Feb 01, 2010
Some serious fireworks going on here.

@melvi
Despite the looks you are going for, the materials ( bump maps, texture res) and lighting do need improvement. Good Modeling and nice composition.
Really like your stuffs but feel you are covering to much ground rapidly.Modeling, rigging, texturing, lighting Rendering, and animation takes quite awhile to master.

@reactor
i beg take am softly. You are right, but constructive criticism goes a long way. CG artist sometimes feel protective over their creations and it takes awhile (maturity) to really put up your work for scrutiny and accept criticism from the community.
But from this exchange, i have been able to glean a snippet or two of helpful info.
Re: Cg Architect/3d Artist/animator Available. by melvi: 11:19am On Feb 01, 2010
reactor:

i dont know if you are a hypocrite or what you seemed to agree with at least some of my previouse posts

now all of a sudden im useless and suck eh!
when adamu suggested u shud work on your lighting. you insisted that is actually what you are going for.  then when i gave you my own opinion. you came and threw around dirt then in between tried to explain to me that its not easy and render takes several hours and gloriously kissed some asses of the guys u could remember who seem to have more c.g warheads than u. kind of like signing a treaty to make sure they dont attack u or more appropriately set u straight. its an archetypal scenario iv seen it too many times on this forum.  i myself will certainly find it hard to tell you the truth if you become a loyal dog like that.and bearing in mind that im the only one who directly told you your lighting is harsh and very c.g you went to the so called all high and mighty non Nigerian forum and asked them basically the same thing i told you
http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?p=2615482#post2615482
not that anyone bothered to answer u or even comment on your work.  anyway that shows that even now you consider my feedback which is what my comment is if you will look beyond my undiplomatic approach, a feedback! great artists know how to use this to their advantage.adamu didn't even reply you again and and you still came back and reversed your self from your standpoint that that was what you are going for to that you messed it up in post in vegas. probably u realized your denial. i don't care if you produce rubbish just dont come and talk to us like we are silly or something. otherwise I'd be happy to let you bask in your kingdom of self deceit
oh by the way just because motion builder is used in avatar doesn't mean you will get the same result from it. they simply used it to aid and clean up their motion capture workflow. you dont even use mo-cap and i don't see how you can be a good animator if you dont master the regular key-framing animation and use of curves in maya which is your choice app. but go ahead and try it. i just dont think it will help you the way you think it will.at least you are not buying a genuine package anyway so the only thing u willl be wasting is your time.

Mr.Talk and no work!!!Show me some of your works.Like a friend of mine says for u to tear down someone's work u should be able to produce something as good or even better.There are other forums apart from that.O, so u finally realized your approach was undiplomatic.Why should u call my work mediocritic ??Learn to get your message across to people in a constructive manner.

Basically,u suck.I am not trying to appease anyone and I am not saying they are better than me.To each person,is his own world.I will say for the second time,get lost!!!

And I am not getting motionbuilder cause of Avatar,dummy!!Its better because of its realtime capabilities.You are right,I did consider your criticism cause we learn everyday.Its the way u went about it acting all high and mighty when u haven't posted any 3D graphics work here and using the word mediocrity is very annoying.So POST your WORK so we can criticise them as well,unless u are afraid we are gonna tear it down and call it poor,poorer,poorest!!!Look at the way the other posters have acted.They have been very matured and constructive but yours seems to be the immatured and barking orchestra among the lot.Even if u have a point to make,learn to be diplomatic and constructive about it.

@aphek.

Thanks for that constructive criticism.
Re: Cg Architect/3d Artist/animator Available. by melvi: 12:25pm On Feb 01, 2010
Hmmm, wonder why some people can be so immature and rude.
Re: Cg Architect/3d Artist/animator Available. by reactor: 12:35pm On Feb 01, 2010
aphek:

@reactor
it takes awhile (maturity) to really put up your work for scrutiny and accept criticism from the community.

well said!
Re: Cg Architect/3d Artist/animator Available. by melvi: 12:43pm On Feb 01, 2010
I agree!!*raises one eyebrow*
So are we gonna see your work anytime soon

New work:

New Bowblade Design for my animated project.

New character model:

Softwares:I used Maya for base modelling,Mudbox for detailing and texturing,and Topogun for retopology.Render Time for model:approx 6 secs and 11 secs for bowblade.
Re: Cg Architect/3d Artist/animator Available. by reactor: 1:07pm On Feb 01, 2010
melvi:

So are we gonna see your work anytime soon
dont count on it kid. it wont change the fact that you are mad at me. but then u never know u might have actually seen my works b4 and just dont know it.
i see u edited your foreign forum post so people wont see. sharp guy!
just curious tho, mudbox does'nt do retopology?(no sarcasm here i really dont know)
Re: Cg Architect/3d Artist/animator Available. by Kemjisuper(m): 1:55pm On Feb 01, 2010
@Melvi - Don't get worked up by reactor and his sarcasm. It's actually worse when you reply him. I know "reactor" is just an alias being used by some guy to front his alter-ego. He may actually be one of your nairaland friends too, you never know.

Nevertheless, if you could just take his criticism as the worst you could expect, it'll serve as a motivation to improve.

You're doing good bro. Cheers cool

@reactor - Take am easy abeg! wink Pls don't chase away the few dedicated members of the graphics section. As you prepare the criticism, take small sugar rub am, make e no too strong like ogogoro eh? Abeg grin lol
Re: Cg Architect/3d Artist/animator Available. by aphek: 2:11pm On Feb 01, 2010
Ok people, criticize this piece.

Re: Cg Architect/3d Artist/animator Available. by 9tLecturer: 2:37pm On Feb 01, 2010
@ melvi

whatever criticism, negative comments or discrimination that you might get from the community, it's your decision to accept it or not but try and adopt professional practice and aim at achieving stunning result, you could anyway cuss you are already getting there,

i know there's fun in knowing as many softwares as possible but only one of these could achieve something greater than the combination of all of them, try and work smart not work hard, i could imagine the hassle in exporting or importing files to complete your project.

abeg, never enter motionbuilder oooo, that's anyother lifecycle on it own you might just end up realising that you dont need it, whatever keyframe fine tunning that you may require can be done in your primary 3D app. please build yourself to produce best result and with what you have currently.

i modelled for 2yrs when i was a newbie without texturing, lighting or rendering and i got a job as a modeller. i did well to produce what the team would be until i wish to proceed to the next level. guy my aim is to be d executive visual effect director, to give directives and make money grin grin grin, that's all they do, but there's a path to achieving that wink

guy, u be naija now, small work , plenty $$$$ wink wink grin.

guy, good luck cheesy
Re: Cg Architect/3d Artist/animator Available. by aphek: 2:41pm On Feb 01, 2010
i think i should stop here.

Re: Cg Architect/3d Artist/animator Available. by 9tLecturer: 2:57pm On Feb 01, 2010
@aphek

which software, it's look like maya and mr_skylight for GI lighting, tell me, se your hut city dey on top water or abi na white sand dey there grin
Re: Cg Architect/3d Artist/animator Available. by 9tLecturer: 3:37pm On Feb 01, 2010
@melvi

get this gist, the image(shoe design) i attached was one of my model about a year ago, now this is how it happened, i just travelled to the UK to further my search of d green land wink wink and i got this info that a company was looking for a 3D product designer, though before then i have been modeling and had some jobs but they need a product design demo on shoes, photorealistic design specifically. i got on my computer and model this shoe, when i had the interview online, i was told that they choose me cuss i paid attention to detailing, that even the raw design model without texturing was enough to show how it will look after texturing, though the texturing matters ooo grin but after looking at the model topology they were satisfied.

MY POINT is, i spent time learning not just how to model but to model well and approriately for production purposes, Highly detailed with little poly counts, try and start paitently and groom yourself very well. when i got into the company i later saw some other demo with textures, lighting and rendering that were not considered cuss they depended on simulating detailing.

and the wrist watch was part of the my models, others i have worked on are Sneaker shoes, nokia n90 and some other interesting stuff,

hope my little story inspires? i can post some of my render and lighting design if u wish, cheesy cheers cool9tlecturer

Re: Cg Architect/3d Artist/animator Available. by 9tLecturer: 3:46pm On Feb 01, 2010
here are d other models i intend to attach,

gud luck guys,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Funny Nigerian Cartoons From The Newspapers / My 3ds Max Renders (beginner) / How To Use The INFINITE DESIGN APP To Create A Cartoon Artwork

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.