Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,808,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:51 PM

Computer Business Centre Owners/intending Owners, This Is For You. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Computer Business Centre Owners/intending Owners, This Is For You. (9876 Views)

How To Start A Computer Business Center In Nigeria {tips} / Thread For Bakery Owners And Intending Owners In Nigeria / For Small Business Owners: This Thread Might Help You Boost Your Income (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Computer Business Centre Owners/intending Owners, This Is For You. by darexkey(m): 8:19am On Jan 08, 2017
If you are intending to start a Computer business centre or you already own one, these are some of the basic business ethics you must apply in order to be successful in you business. All the things written below are as a result of my several years of experience/research in this business. This will guide you very well and prevent you from having unnecessary arguments/clashes with your clients. From time to time, I will be updating reviews on this page as regards everything you need to know about this business ranging from computers, printers, photocopiers, consumables, accessories, errors fixing, other office equipment, your office arraignment, your clients, e.t.c., You can ask me any question if you have.

Let's start with these 20 GOLDEN BASIC ETHICS.

1. Open very early and close late (especially if you are in a student environment) as most jobs are being done very early in the morning before students go for classes or late in the evening when they return back from classes. If you can run a 24 hours service, please do because some students print late in the midnight when they finish their assignments to avoid early morning rush. Employ operators to run daily shift.

2. Welcome clients with smile and never speak rudely to them.

3. Pay full attention to your work (all your 5 senses must be at alert). Do not be distracted by other client’s complaints when attending to a particular client. Attend to one customer after the other and try as much as possible to calm them down. Install a cable TV to keep them entertained, this will get them carried away.

4. Scan flash drives that are susceptible to threats before opening. Follow instructions given by the antivirus program during virus removal to the core.

5. Check client’s work whether it is well arraigned and preview before printing. Make sure that your client check along with you also.

6. Never print a work that has never been checked by both parties on no condition.

7. Give a disclaimer that you won’t be responsible for any mistake from the client’s end after printing.

8. Always print a sample (for multiple copies) and show to client before printing the rest.

10. Always monitor the job from the printer during printing. Your printer can malfunction anytime.

11. Let there be a clear-cut agreement (in terms of price and output) between both parties before printing.

12. Always check for the printer in use before sending job to the printer. In case of mistakes, DO NOT SWITCH OFF the printer suddenly but pull out the paper tray, cancel the printing from the printer settings and switch off the printer. By switching off the printer suddenly will cause a paper jam inside the printer.

13. During special printings (such as front and back, envelopes, mid-weight, heavy glossy, etc), change settings at the printing options and reverse settings to default immediately at the completion of printing. Always set the paper size first before printing e.g A4, letter, legal, A3, etc.

14. Always switch off equipment that are not in use. Equipment running at the background will lead to power consumption and unnecessary overheating. Install an AC, Air coolants or heat extractors in your office to cool off your machines. Try as much as possible to have at least 2 equipment each that serves the same purpose in order not to over work a particular equipment.

15. Do not allow customers to charge their gadgets at the work station. This can disrupt your work. Create another space for them and make sure that gadgets are charged at owner’s risk.

16. Do not embark on jobs that cannot be completed within a specific period of time given by clients to avoid disappointing your clients.

17. On no condition must you offer any service if machines are not in good working conditions. Make sure you fix errors first. Try and learn how to fix minor errors before starting your business to avoid calling technicians all the time. Most errors can be fixed by you or else your technician can extort you due to your ignorance and they may even delay in responding. In case of complicated errors, call a technician.

18. No pinging, chatting, browsing etc., / do away with your phone while working. This will distract you and cause mistakes.

19. Respect and be polite to your customers. Learn how to use words like ‘please, sorry, kindly, you are welcome, thank you, e.t.c’. Do not argue with your clients and learn how to calm an angry client by showing empathy. Always accept responsibility for your mistakes.

20. Above all, go the extra mile to make your clients satisfied. They will definitely come back another time and refer people to your centre.

You can also add yours. Check back for regular updates. Have a lovely and successful week ahead!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Computer Business Centre Owners/intending Owners, This Is For You. by dingbang(m): 8:22am On Jan 08, 2017
Mynd44

1 Like

Re: Computer Business Centre Owners/intending Owners, This Is For You. by Fedric(m): 8:58am On Jan 08, 2017
bring down your price

1 Like

Re: Computer Business Centre Owners/intending Owners, This Is For You. by darexkey(m): 5:54pm On Jan 11, 2017
Some of the equipment needed for operation in your centre are listed below. They can either be brand new or fairly used but it is always advisable to go for fairly used so as to save cost. Also, make sure you buy your equipment from reliable source. Bad equipment can wreck serious havoc on the business as a result of malfunctioning and repairs/maintenance at all times.

HP desktop computers

HP black and white laserjet printer

HP colour laserjet printer

Kyocera mita 2530/3530 A3 size photocopier Or Utax/Olivetti photocopiers

VSAT wireless/Huwaei universal 4G mifi router

Jamb Biometric scanner

NYSC digita persona biometric scanner

Laminating machine

Direct Image Printer

1.5 KVA UPS

DSTV/GOTV decoder

Extension boxes

5 KVA Generator

Aluminium show glass for accessories

***YOU CAN ADD OTHERS

3 Likes

Re: Computer Business Centre Owners/intending Owners, This Is For You. by Successjoy(f): 6:16pm On Jan 11, 2017
Thanks for the write up.

I want to start a small scale printing business next month. Actually in a student environment. If I may ask, what type of printer would you recommend? I don't have money for photocopier yet so I can't buy that for now.
Also, is it possible to get a printer that doesn't require toner/ink or there are no printer of such? I asked cos of The stress with handling toner and the expenses. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Computer Business Centre Owners/intending Owners, This Is For You. by darexkey(m): 8:39am On Jan 12, 2017
When buying printers, make sure you buy laserjet toner printers cos they are very durable and don't smear your printing when compared to inkjet printers. Also, don't buy multipurpose printer, get a seperate black and white printer, colour printer, scanner and photocopier.

for black and white printing, you can get hp laserjet 2055d or hp laserjet pro 401dn.

for coloured printing, buy hp laserjet CP 1215 or CP 1515.

There is no printer yet that doesn't make use of toner or ink except some xerox printers that make use of wax but very expensive.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Computer Business Centre Owners/intending Owners, This Is For You. by Flakky26(f): 10:45am On Jan 12, 2017
Give your customers little thank you gift like sweet. I do it in my centre.

1 Like

Re: Computer Business Centre Owners/intending Owners, This Is For You. by darexkey(m): 6:29pm On Jan 12, 2017
Flakky26:
Give your customers little thank you gift like sweet. I do it in my centre.
And discounts too to loyal customers
Re: Computer Business Centre Owners/intending Owners, This Is For You. by techcloud(m): 9:15pm On Jan 12, 2017
Please do you have an idea of the prices of the following :

3. Scanner/printer (new/used mini)
4. Coloured Printer (new/used, for bulk printing)
5. Photocopier, table size (2nd hand)
6. Laminator (new)
7. Spiral binder
8. Thumb printer(for jamb reg)
9. Generator (new, to power printer and photocopier at a time)
10. And please what's needed for Nysc registration?

You said we shouldn't buy multipurpose printer. Why? Some people in the other thread said they are using 3in1 laserjet. Care to elaborate further on your stand of separate machines?

Thanks.
Re: Computer Business Centre Owners/intending Owners, This Is For You. by nogasimplicity: 9:30pm On Jan 12, 2017
anyone with 1510 cartridges should contact me achonamogechukwu@gmail.com
Re: Computer Business Centre Owners/intending Owners, This Is For You. by Successjoy(f): 5:29pm On Jan 13, 2017
Thanks. have an idea of the hp laserjet 2055d price?
darexkey:
When buying printers, make sure you buy laserjet toner printers cos they are very durable and don't smear your printing when compared to inkjet printers. Also, don't buy multipurpose printer, get a seperate black and white printer, colour printer, scanner and photocopier.

for black and white printing, you can get hp laserjet 2055d or hp laserjet pro 401dn.

for coloured printing, buy hp laserjet CP 1215 or CP 1515.

There is no printer yet that doesn't make use of toner or ink except some xerox printers that make use of wax but very expensive.
Re: Computer Business Centre Owners/intending Owners, This Is For You. by darexkey(m): 9:29pm On Jan 13, 2017
techcloud:
Please do you have an idea of the prices of the following :

3. Scanner/printer (new/used mini)
4. Coloured Printer (new/used, for bulk printing)
5. Photocopier, table size (2nd hand)
6. Laminator (new)
7. Spiral binder
8. Thumb printer(for jamb reg)
9. Generator (new, to power printer and photocopier at a time)

You said we shouldn't buy multipurpose printer. Why? Some people in the other thread said they are using 3in1 laserjet. Care to elaborate further on your stand of separate machines?

Thanks.

3. Scanner/printer (new/used mini): A fairly used scanner cost between 10,000naira to 15,000 naira depending on model
A fairly used printer e.g 2055d cost btw 25,000 to 30,000 naira depending on seller while a brand new will cost you around 80,000 naira
4. Coloured Printer (new/used, for bulk printing) used: 35,000 new: 120,000 naira
5. Photocopier, table size (2nd hand): btw 35,000 to 45,000 naira. A3 size will cost btw 100,000 to 160,000 naira depending on brand
6. Laminator (new): Around 12,000 naira not really sure
7. Spiral binder: less than 10,000 naira
8. Thumb printer(for jamb reg): 15,000 naira
9. Generator (new, to power printer and photocopier at a time): a brand new 2.5kva gen cost btw 60,000 naira to 120,000 naira depending on brand.
Get a good internet connection, digita persona biometric scanner U4500 and check other instructions out on the nysc portal

My take on 3 in 1 printer:

When you buy a printer, photocopier and scanner seperately, it makes the equipment durable and makes your job get done faster. Imagine a scenairo where you have 3 different clients that want to print, photocopy and scan simultaneously, they will have to wait for one another and you might lose clients this way.
Also, a 3in 1 printer cannot do duplex printing (front and back automatically). They can't handle heavy jobs especially when you are in a students' environment.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Computer Business Centre Owners/intending Owners, This Is For You. by techcloud(m): 4:24pm On Feb 21, 2017
Hello please how much is Jamb biometric scanner and where can I get it?
And when is jamb registration starting?
I'm new to this biz.
Re: Computer Business Centre Owners/intending Owners, This Is For You. by darexkey(m): 2:35pm On Feb 27, 2017
keep your questions coming in
Re: Computer Business Centre Owners/intending Owners, This Is For You. by nizelgirl(f): 3:27pm On Feb 27, 2017
Thanks for this post. Please do you have any idea how I can buy computers and other accessories at an affordable rate because it's very expensive here in where I live. Thanks
Re: Computer Business Centre Owners/intending Owners, This Is For You. by darexkey(m): 7:56pm On Feb 27, 2017
nizelgirl:
Thanks for this post. Please do you have any idea how I can buy computers and other accessories at an affordable rate because it's very expensive here in where I live. Thanks

please drop your contact, i will chat you up privately
Re: Computer Business Centre Owners/intending Owners, This Is For You. by nizelgirl(f): 10:37am On Feb 28, 2017
darexkey:

please drop your contact, i will chat you up privately
Please drop your email or your contact so that i can contact you. Thank you
Re: Computer Business Centre Owners/intending Owners, This Is For You. by techcloud(m): 7:22pm On Apr 19, 2017
Hello fam. I learnt NYSC reg is starting tomorrow. Please what's the requirements for reg. I'll need thumb print scanner right? and please where can I get it in lag.
Re: Computer Business Centre Owners/intending Owners, This Is For You. by routik(m): 7:52pm On Apr 19, 2017
I have one Digital Persona thumb print scanner for sale. But I am based in Abuja. PM me in you're interested.
Re: Computer Business Centre Owners/intending Owners, This Is For You. by osayuwamwen(m): 9:12pm On Apr 20, 2017
which kva of generator can power a photocopying machine?
Re: Computer Business Centre Owners/intending Owners, This Is For You. by darexkey(m): 3:14am On Apr 21, 2017
osayuwamwen:
which kva of generator can power a photocopying machine?

It depends on the size and power rating of the photocopier. A good 2.5 KVA generator will conveniently power 2 kyocera mita A3 size copiers in addition with 2 desktop computers and a printer
Re: Computer Business Centre Owners/intending Owners, This Is For You. by darexkey(m): 11:58am On May 06, 2017
Hello all, it's really being a long time. I have been away due to lots of projects i'm currently involve in. Today i have some tips for you.

Tips for Making Good Quality Photocopies or Scans

1. Make sure the copier’s glass surface is clean.

2. If possible, use a copier with fresh toner (This may not be economical)

3. Apply pressure to the book’s spine to reduce center margin problem.

4. If possible, select the copier’s photo setting for best detail.

5. If the item to be copied is small, place a white sheet of paper behind the item to avoid using excess toner or getting gray or black shadows on copies.

6. When copying pages from a book, insert a piece of blank white paper between the pages. Make sure it is placed straight up and down, parallel to the edge of the book’s cover.

7. Adjust the paper so it lines up with the 8 ½ x 11” mark to ensure the paper is at the edge of where the copier will copy. The goal is for the copier to see the blank paper instead of the open space below the book cover’s edge. This will prevent the black border from showing up ont the edges.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Computer Business Centre Owners/intending Owners, This Is For You. by Gloriouscbc: 9:21am On May 18, 2017
Thanks so much for this writeups. They are of great help to me because I will open a business centre in a university environment next month by God's grace. I just wish to ask how much to pay hired operators per month in a location like ondo state. Remember that the business is still "fresh" for me. Thank you.
Re: Computer Business Centre Owners/intending Owners, This Is For You. by darexkey(m): 11:46am On May 18, 2017
N12K to N15k depending on experience. You will need up to 3 operators or more in a well populated students' environment.

1 Like

Re: Computer Business Centre Owners/intending Owners, This Is For You. by Gloriouscbc: 6:33pm On May 22, 2017
darexkey:
N12K to N15k depending on experience. You will need up to 3 operators or more in a well populated students' environment.
Thanks for the response. but how do I monitor my hired operator when i am not available in the centre? Won't they cheat?
Re: Computer Business Centre Owners/intending Owners, This Is For You. by darexkey(m): 5:43am On May 24, 2017
Gloriouscbc:

Thanks for the response. but how do I monitor my hired operator when i am not available in the centre? Won't they cheat?
There is no perfect way to monitor the biz but you can reduce cheating drastically. Do the business yourself for at least 2months, this will give you the idea of how much you can earn daily. If your operators start delivering less, then you will know that something is fishing. Also, get photocopiers that can count the number of copies done daily, compare with the papers you buy. Lastly, always tell your operators to give account of papers used daily including waste papers(tell them to keep them, they can throw away after your account is balanced).

3 Likes

Re: Computer Business Centre Owners/intending Owners, This Is For You. by Gloriouscbc: 11:19pm On May 24, 2017
darexkey:

There is no perfect way to monitor the biz but you can reduce cheating drastically. Do the business yourself for at least 2months, this will give you the idea of how much you can earn daily. If your operators start delivering less, then you will know that something is fishing. Also, get photocopiers that can count the number of copies done daily, compare with the papers you buy. Lastly, always tell your operators to give account of papers used daily including waste papers(tell them to keep them, they can throw away after your account is balanced).
Alright, thank you
Re: Computer Business Centre Owners/intending Owners, This Is For You. by dregmaster: 8:30pm On Aug 15, 2017
How much is the current price of tokunbo HP CP1215 AND HP CP1515 COLOUR PRINTERS? And where can I get a realiable one. Thanks for your response
Re: Computer Business Centre Owners/intending Owners, This Is For You. by ihail(m): 10:22pm On Aug 15, 2017
Where can one get A4 papers to buy in bulk and at what price range?
Re: Computer Business Centre Owners/intending Owners, This Is For You. by darexkey(m): 8:41am On Aug 17, 2017
ihail:
Where can one get A4 papers to buy in bulk and at what price range?
lagos or IB, between N5000 to N5,500 per carton
Re: Computer Business Centre Owners/intending Owners, This Is For You. by abdulbaba200(m): 6:20pm On Aug 31, 2017
This is very educative.
Re: Computer Business Centre Owners/intending Owners, This Is For You. by darexkey(m): 7:59am On Sep 23, 2017
Most startups and businesses fail to secure funding because they don't know how to create a captivating Executive Summary and well detailed financial projections to present their ideas, businesses or start-ups. They fail to get investors because their Executive Summary is boring and doesn't captivate the interest or attention of an investor.

We will work closely with you to understand your goals and vision, research your markets and competitors, develop your business plan and create a very catchy Executive Summary. We will help you refine your business model, identify your most profitable customers, and how your sales projections can be improved. We provide an objective view, so your final business plan makes a statement that projects confidence and attracts investors.

Our custom business plans include but not limited to the following:
Executive Summary, Mission Statement, Keys to Success, Marketing & Sales Strategy, Objectives, Market Analysis Summary, Target Market Segment Strategy, Competitive Edge & Analysis, Competitive Summary, Projected Profit And Loss, Cash Flow, ProForma, Projected Balance Sheet, Balance Sheet, Marketing Plan etc.

THE FINANCIAL PROJECTIONS WILL INCLUDE:
- Pre-operating activities and expenses.(includes Initial/Expanding stock, Equipment depreciation table)
- 3 YEARS OPERATING EXPENSES
- 3 YEARS LOAN REPAYMENT PLAN
- 3 YEARS QUARTELY COST FORECAST
- 3 YEARS QUARTERLY SALES FORECAST
- 3 YEARS QUARTERLY PROFIT AND LOSS PROJECTION
- 3 YEARS OUARTERLY Cash flow Plan (36 Months)
- VIABILITY ANALYSIS

Contact us right now, 07039359066, 08053690844, darbotechub@gmail.com

(1) (2) (Reply)

Diamond Bank Spends N5 Billion On Promo / How To Make Money Online Using Other People's Skill - Part 1 / 7 Ways To Receive Payment From Abroad (aside Paypal)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.