Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,739 members, 7,802,243 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:29 AM

A Brother Needs Your Advice. - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / A Brother Needs Your Advice. (684 Views)

Help!!! A Muslim Brother Needs A Job Urgently / Help. Dawah Nigeria Needs Your Helps! Bonanza In This First 10days / A Brother Needs Assistance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Brother Needs Your Advice. by fareeed: 9:51am On Jan 08, 2017
Asalamualaikum warahmatulahi wabarakatu beloved brothers and sisters.
There is the girl in my street a non Muslim of about 13-14years of age where I reside here in zaria. I've known her for two years and all the while she only greets me and I respond I dont even have time to chat with her or have any conversation with her.

Recently I begun talking to her without any motive just a normal neighborly conversation but I noticed she always want to talk to me, always appearing when am outdoors and some other funny behaviors. this made me suspect she may be having feelings for me. Since I would not be staying around for long before returning to campus I decided to talk to her about it. I mean by advising her to stop the habit but i needed To be sure what her motives are.
so i went ahead and ask her why does she like talking to me, she said nothing that its her nature I assured her that she doesn't need to be scared she should say it, after a while she admitted she loves me and wants a relationship with me.
On my own part am not the type that indulge in relationships with girls and this girl is just a small girl while am in my early twenties.
so decided i would advise her out of the behavior and make her see reason why she need to focus attention on her studies.
I was also thinking about giving her the message of Islam as that's the responsibility of every Muslim.
she may agree to becoming a Muslim if I would reciprocate her so called feelings but I would convince her ta accept because its the only path to salivation. but am scared of the challenges that may follow up if her parents eventually finds out or do I just leave out the aspect of giving her the message of Islam.
I need your advice thanks.
Re: A Brother Needs Your Advice. by Nobody: 9:54am On Jan 08, 2017
Aigoo
Re: A Brother Needs Your Advice. by fareeed: 9:57am On Jan 08, 2017
Jibril659:
Aigoo
I don't undstand Korea.
Re: A Brother Needs Your Advice. by fareeed: 9:58am On Jan 08, 2017
what's advise for me.
Re: A Brother Needs Your Advice. by Nobody: 9:58am On Jan 08, 2017
Lol bro, the question is are you interested in her?
Re: A Brother Needs Your Advice. by Nobody: 10:08am On Jan 08, 2017
fareeed:
I don't undstand Korea.
Re: A Brother Needs Your Advice. by fareeed: 10:11am On Jan 08, 2017
frankly speaking I am not interested in her. I just feel it doesn't make complete sense advising her to stop the negative behavior without given her the message of islam, because I believed only then can she be complete and protect her chastity
Re: A Brother Needs Your Advice. by Nobody: 10:21am On Jan 08, 2017
you maybe giving her the wrong impression, like maybe when she greets you and you return it with a smile, she maybe getting the wrong ideas. she is young and wouldn't understand.
Re: A Brother Needs Your Advice. by fareeed: 10:27am On Jan 08, 2017
It may be so but I don't think so. I wish that shouldn't be the case.
Re: A Brother Needs Your Advice. by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jan 08, 2017
Wa alaikum salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

Honestly, I think you should cut her off and avoid spending time with her. The feeling would go away on it's own.

The more you spend time with her, the more attached she gets to you. I am guessing at 13-14 she's hit puberty so the same rules that apply to conversing with a female non mahram applies to her to.

You don't have to give her message about Islam yourself. I am sure there are other sisters you can introduce her to who can invite her.

And Allah knows best.

1 Like

Re: A Brother Needs Your Advice. by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jan 16, 2017
fareeed:
Asalamualaikum warahmatulahi wabarakatu beloved brothers and sisters.
There is the girl in my street a non Muslim of about 13-14years of age where I reside here in zaria. I've known her for two years and all the while she only greets me and I respond I dont even have time to chat with her or have any conversation with her.

Recently I begun talking to her without any motive just a normal neighborly conversation but I noticed she always want to talk to me, always appearing when am outdoors and some other funny behaviors. this made me suspect she may be having feelings for me. Since I would not be staying around for long before returning to campus I decided to talk to her about it. I mean by advising her to stop the habit but i needed To be sure what her motives are.
so i went ahead and ask her why does she like talking to me, she said nothing that its her nature I assured her that she doesn't need to be scared she should say it, after a while she admitted she loves me and wants a relationship with me.
On my own part am not the type that indulge in relationships with girls and this girl is just a small girl while am in my early twenties.
so decided i would advise her out of the behavior and make her see reason why she need to focus attention on her studies.
I was also thinking about giving her the message of Islam as that's the responsibility of every Muslim.
she may agree to becoming a Muslim if I would reciprocate her so called feelings but I would convince her ta accept because its the only path to salivation. but am scared of the challenges that may follow up if her parents eventually finds out or do I just leave out the aspect of giving her the message of Islam.
I need your advice thanks.

Wa alaykum salam wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu.

In Islam, the end does not justify the means. We are not allowed to use haram methods to achieve a halal end. If it is her destiny to become a Muslim, she will find those of her own gender who will guide her, and the best you can do is point some knowledgeable Muslim sisters in her direction. Your spending time with her behind her parents' back, and encouraging her feelings in order to bring the message of Islam to her is not acceptable. If you feel that you are the best person to bring her to Islam, go and propose marriage to her through her family.

Allah knows best.

1 Like

Re: A Brother Needs Your Advice. by tintingz(m): 9:47am On Jan 18, 2017
Better avoid her before they call you kidnapper, you know the story of Ese Oruru.

(1) (Reply)

/ Is This Fair? / How Many Muslims Are On Nairaland ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.