Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,575 members, 7,781,863 topics. Date: Saturday, 30 March 2024 at 12:03 AM

Islaam Destroys Past Sins - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islaam Destroys Past Sins (423 Views)

How To Avoid Major Sins / Learn ISLAAM From These Sittings Around You. / When Was The Prophet Of Islaam - Salallaahu Alayhi Wa Sallam - Born? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Islaam Destroys Past Sins by Nobody: 10:41am On Jan 08, 2017
FIRST REMINDER. Sunday. 10th day of Rabeeu At-Thaani. BismilLahir Rahmaanir Raheem.

Allaah has caused Islam to destroy the sins that came before it. When a disbeliever becomes Muslim, Allaah forgives all that he or she did when he was a non-Muslim, and he becomes cleansed of sin.

In Saheeh Muslim (121) narrated that ‘Amr ibn al-‘Aas (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: When Allaah put Islam in my heart, I came to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and said: “Give me your right hand so that I may swear allegiance to you.” He held out his hand and I withdrew my hand. He said, “What is the matter, O ‘Amr?” I said, “I want to stipulate a condition.” He said, “What do you want to stipulate?” I said, “That I will be forgiven.” He said, “Do you not know that Islam destroys that which came before it?”

“Islam destroys that which came before it” means that it erases it and wipes it out. Stated by al-Nawawi in Sharh Muslim.

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked a similar question, about someone who earned money by dealing in drugs before he became Muslim. He replied:
We say to this person whom Allaah has blessed with Islam after he had earned haraam (unlawful) wealth: be of good cheer, for this wealth is permissible for him and there is no sin on him in it, whether he keeps it or gives it in charity, or uses it to get married, because Allaah says in His Holy Book (interpretation of the meaning):
“Say to those who have disbelieved, if they cease (from disbelief), their past will be forgiven. But if they return (thereto), then the examples of those (punished) before them have already preceded (as a warning)”[al-Anfaal 8:38]
i.e., all that has passed, in general terms, is forgiven. But any money that was taken by force from its owner must be returned to him. But money that was earned by agreements between people, even if it is haraam, like that which is earned through riba (interest)or by selling drugs, etc. it is permissible for him when he becomes Muslim because Allaah says, “Say to those who have disbelieved, if they cease (from disbelief), their past sins will be forgiven”. And the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to ‘Amr ibn al-‘Aas when he became Muslim: “Do you not know that Islam destroys that which came before it?” Allahu Akbar.

Many of the non-Muslims became Muslim after they had killed Muslims, but they were not punished for what they had done. AlhamdulilLah. I guess you want to ask me what about Muslims who commit major sins and repent? Well Allah is not only Ar-Rahmaan but also ArRaheem meaning, Allah has promised us not to only wipe the sins away but to turn them into good deeds for us, Allahu Akbar.

#Copied_from_Mujaheed_Fatimoh_Mosque

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

10 Things To Do On Eid-ul Fitri / Eid Al-adha Dates Announced / Accountability Of An Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.