Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,819 members, 7,806,300 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:23 PM

Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. (50587 Views)

12-Year-Old Delta Bride Married Off To An Old Man, Rescued In Edo / Meet Baby Chanco, Japanese With Full Hair Like An Adult (Photos) / 8-Month-Old Indian Girl Weighs 10lbs, Craves For Food & Eats Like An Adult (Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by neighbourhud: 7:38pm On Jan 08, 2017
Keep trying
Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by neighbourhud: 7:38pm On Jan 08, 2017
ajibolabd:
Divorce him, ASAP!

Haba ajibola... Ko le to yen na cheesy

1 Like

Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by miyagi01(m): 7:40pm On Jan 08, 2017
lestat:

Lemme guess you just learnt that word today... Clap clap clap now go out and play
but really, i thnk u av a myopic reasoning, going thru all d comments, ur comment iz d most unreasonable nd obviously not from a sensible being. kindly note its nt compulsory u comment
Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by Missmossy(f): 7:43pm On Jan 08, 2017
Try to sit him down and make him understand how you feel. He may not know. Communication is one of the key factors for a beautiful marriage. If you could buy him better clothes and underwear do that cheesy

If only he changed when you both were dating, that's why i personally tell boo whatever i don't like when he dresses, knowing everything boils down to love he adjusts and we are both happy.
Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jan 08, 2017
miyagi01:
but really, i thnk u av a myopic reasoning, going thru all d comments, ur comment iz d most unreasonable nd obviously not from a sensible being. kindly note its nt compulsory u comment

I think you are a Lunatic
Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jan 08, 2017
Worriedwife:

No, I am not!

Focus on your relationship and the rest will come. Focus on his person and not his looks and when you eventually get around to talking it won't sound like you are nagging.

Leave human interest magazines with fashion for men inside.

But basically love him into change and do so not with a sense of shame for how he currently looks or what people say but rather for the HOPE of what the future holds.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by Worriedwife: 7:51pm On Jan 08, 2017
shumuel:

Op, i get you, but please don't go too far,, you might just be setting him up for a side chick, who knows.

His poor dress sense might be keeping the other ladies away, when he starts dressing right now, its your bestfriend that would be the first to flirt with him.

You met him like that, still went on to marry him and you have lived with him like that, so why do you want a change now ?

Let me share a joke with you: Nigerians wanted a change, and see where that has gotten us grin

Just saying undecided
Lol. I pray my case isn't like that of Nigerians, I want the best for him...why the insults from some people.
Thanks a lot. Thanks for every response...I love my husband, I only want him to dress better. I will I have to put in effort.
Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jan 08, 2017
I'm sure there's other qualities that you admire about him, else you wouldn't have agreed on the marriage.....let alone courting. Focus in those even now. There's things one can't change...i guess this for you is one of them.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by Worriedwife: 7:57pm On Jan 08, 2017
Tkayhandsome:
I can show you round town. Do you drive? Pm me. We need to change his wardrobe.
I don't drive, please give me a vivid description here
Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by Tajbol4splend(m): 8:01pm On Jan 08, 2017
Some people are like that, they barely fancy cute cute stuff, they don't care about stuff like that, to be honest I would not want my hubby to look like a beggar too if I were a woman because dress sense is also a desirable attribute but it should not be a priority for mature minds, maybe a bonus, I really understand what the woman wants and I don't think she should be criticized for wanting it especially when money isn't the problem.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by miyagi01(m): 8:03pm On Jan 08, 2017
Uchihaitaci:

Lunatic
its annoying when sum1 is seeking for an advice, nd some un-mannered guyz jst cum here to post thrash nd abuses other dan advice

1 Like

Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by Burgerlomo: 8:03pm On Jan 08, 2017
ajibolabd:
Divorce him, ASAP!

Please manage this for that your comment

1 Like

Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jan 08, 2017
Slowly begin to throw his clothes away. Secretly tear those that do not fit and use them for rags when he sees the tear. Replace them with nicer clothes that are complementary colors, so that no matter what he chooses, the pairing will look well together. Don't let meddlesome people break your marriage, but be delicate in how you solve the problem in your home.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by LordGuru1: 8:05pm On Jan 08, 2017
BackToLife:

Sharrraaap!!! You are nothing but a worthless directionless myopic bitchh, and your type abound. I smell your type from 10km; I know a whorre like you that killed her husband just to move on with a concubine. I'm glad the concubine later exposed her for fear of being killed next. You knew him before you married him, yet you greedy worthless pest married him because of his money, now you are looking for excuse and encouragement to poison the innocent man. How many men waste their precious lives trying to please worthless insatiable souls like you. Kama would soon link you with a ritualistist that would do the needful with you.
grin grin grin Bros, u too arsh o! But there's truth in what u said.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by Lagusta(m): 8:07pm On Jan 08, 2017
idu1:
grin
Shoe like weapon.

Na so most engineer and medical people dey dress

Excluding my consultant Lagusta grin

Baba nla I hail ooo
Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by Burgerlomo: 8:09pm On Jan 08, 2017
AntiWailer:
U are comparing him with all those guys around.

Ok let's see if we can help.

Look for a way to raise money. Get his measurements and swing into action.

1. Buy him the kind of shoes you like and keep the ones that annoy you away.

2. Buy him the kind of clothes you like also and keep the ones that annoy you away.

3. Decide your fit.

4. As for boxers, haha !! Buy fine ones for him.

Select clothes combination for him when he is going out.

My baby does that almost all the time. Before I am out of the bath, she would have selected the shirt, jacket, even the color of socks and my tie.

I am left to make only decisions on the shoe I wear and trust me when she wants to limit my shoe options, she selects a brown belt.

And even if I dnt like what she selected, as soon as I am in front of the mirror, I hear

"waoo u look so good".

"All those tea girls in your office should stay away else...."

So over period , I have trusted her selection and I dnt complain .

So do so with wisdom.

Appreciate him as much as u can.

There must be plenty "You LOOK so different moments too" so his head can swell and align.

Excellent comment from an intelligent person, she should try to boost his self esteem by help him out after all she knew about the problems before saying I do.
Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jan 08, 2017
Vorpal:
Paper Lace you stay at Aba?
Yes I do, Sir. smiley

slap1:

Nwanyi Aba. I sight you.
Hehe. I sight you too grin
Happy New Year. We meet again, there is always a 'connection'_ be it alma mater or ABA tongue
Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by Mrvirgin(m): 8:14pm On Jan 08, 2017
PaperLace:
I understand your concern_ it shows you care. I've seen women who don't care as long as it doesn't affect her own look.
Some men are like that, a woman would know the whole colour wheel (including cockroach brown and custard yellow) while a man is okay knowing just primary colours.

You say you have been correcting him? How did you correct him? We're dealing with a grown man here_ he has been dressing that way without seeing anything wrong in it, approach is very important. Don't insult him in the process, first compliment the quality, colour or fitting..."Shugar I love this shirt, the stripes are cool BUT it would have gone better with a carton-coloured-pants or brown shoes".

Most times they have a mental picture of how they wanna look, but they don't know how to SHOP.
You have to put in work, it's not by saying "hey, I hate your dressing, it embarrasses me"_ WHAT EFFORT HAVE YOU PUT IN, ASIDE THE USUAL TALK-TALK-TALK?

A long time ago, my man was such a rigid dresser_ always so officially dressed like we were going for a meeting. On my part, I loved the whole yipee dressing.
WHAT DID I DO? I bought him 1 or 2 wears first, I remember the look on his face when I got him tan brogues. 'Told him I wanna follow him when next he's shopping. We got there and I influenced his choices.

Now that I have more disposable income, I handle his closet, down to his briefs. I have specific tailors for natives,office/casual trousers and shirts. I know all his measurements down to his shoes. When we are watching TV, he says "see that clothe/shoe, I like it"...I quickly take a pic, go source for the material or a look alike and that's it. He doesn't know what they sell at School Rd, Ariaria, Kent...etc, his own is to wear and receive compliments. I don't have a problem with that, I am okay with him looking like 'my man'.

His dress sense now is 99.9%, everybody is happy now wink.
Please, note that you do not have to spend millions to dress well, you only need to know the right places to shop.
Try this, come back and buy me any whisky.

I'll edit if I remember anything else.
One of the most sensible comments I've ever come across on nairaland... So real and precise.

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by basadenet: 8:14pm On Jan 08, 2017
I am disappointed. You mean you can get some money, buy some clothing materials , take his measurement and give it to a tailor to sow.
Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jan 08, 2017
ajibolabd:
Divorce him, ASAP!
Savage

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jan 08, 2017
miyagi01:
its annoying when sum1 is seeking for an advice, nd some un-mannered guyz jst cum here to post thrash nd abuses other dan advice

Are you ill?
Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by AntiWailer: 8:17pm On Jan 08, 2017
Burgerlomo:

Excellent comment from an intelligent person, she should try to boost his self esteem by help him out after all she knew about the problems before saying I do.

thanks boss.
Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jan 08, 2017
bid4rich:

Are you sure you are a human being?

Dont bother to quote me because if you do, you will get "akanju"
grin grin grin grin
prepare your will
Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by lielbree: 8:25pm On Jan 08, 2017
lestat:
Now, this is the thing... Nobody cares, nobody was there when you said your vows so why should anyone give a single fĂșck?
Madam take your issues to a counselor or the divorce court if you are too brain dead to work things out.
I mean I have seen couples have issues over more serious matters like finances, infidelity, abuse but this ?
You need a psychologist

GTFO
If u have nothing reasonable to say shut your trap.

The woman said she no longer finds her man sexy meaning she is loosing interest in him! You yldont think that's an issue?
Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jan 08, 2017
undisputedgbola:
You are a FOOL!
stupid u
Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by lielbree: 8:29pm On Jan 08, 2017
PaperLace:
I understand your concern_ it shows you care. I've seen women who don't care as long as it doesn't affect her own look.
Some men are like that, a woman would know the whole colour wheel (including cockroach brown and custard yellow) while a man is okay knowing just primary colours.

You say you have been correcting him? How did you correct him? We're dealing with a grown man here_ he has been dressing that way without seeing anything wrong in it, approach is very important. Don't insult him in the process, first compliment the quality, colour or fitting..."Shugar I love this shirt, the stripes are cool BUT it would have gone better with a carton-coloured-pants or brown shoes".

Most times they have a mental picture of how they wanna look, but they don't know how to SHOP.
You have to put in work, it's not by saying "hey, I hate your dressing, it embarrasses me"_ WHAT EFFORT HAVE YOU PUT IN, ASIDE THE USUAL TALK-TALK-TALK?

A long time ago, my man was such a rigid dresser_ always so officially dressed like we were going for a meeting. On my part, I loved the whole yipee dressing.
WHAT DID I DO? I bought him 1 or 2 wears first, I remember the look on his face when I got him tan brogues. 'Told him I wanna follow him when next he's shopping. We got there and I influenced his choices.

Now that I have more disposable income, I handle his closet, down to his briefs. I have specific tailors for natives,office/casual trousers and shirts. I know all his measurements down to his shoes. When we are watching TV, he says "see that clothe/shoe, I like it"...I quickly take a pic, go source for the material or a look alike and that's it. He doesn't know what they sell at School Rd, Ariaria, Kent...etc, his own is to wear and receive compliments. I don't have a problem with that, I am okay with him looking like 'my man'.

His dress sense now is 99.9%, everybody is happy now wink.
Please, note that you do not have to spend millions to dress well, you only need to know the right places to shop.
Try this, come back and buy me any whisky.

I'll edit if I remember anything else.
Taking pics , sourcing for materials etc... it sounds like a full time job!
Hope your man deserves it...

Well done

1 Like

Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by avicky(f): 8:31pm On Jan 08, 2017
ajibolabd:
Divorce him, ASAP!
Why evils shocked

Op.. I fell off my bed reading this. His boxers are like soccer shorts. And shoes like pointed weapons. Chai. See adjectives cheesy
Anyway, gradually hide his old wears. You can go to tradefair if they have anything like that in Ph or buy online. He might see it as extravagance. So make it your duty to change his wardrobe gradually.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by dhardline(m): 8:33pm On Jan 08, 2017
AntiWailer:
U are comparing him with all those guys around.

Ok let's see if we can help.

Look for a way to raise money. Get his measurements and swing into action.

1. Buy him the kind of shoes you like and keep the ones that annoy you away.

2. Buy him the kind of clothes you like also and keep the ones that annoy you away.

3. Decide your fit.

4. As for boxers, haha !! Buy fine ones for him.

Select clothes combination for him when he is going out.

My baby does that almost all the time. Before I am out of the bath, she would have selected the shirt, jacket, even the color of socks and my tie.

I am left to make only decisions on the shoe I wear and trust me when she wants to limit my shoe options, she selects a brown belt.

And even if I dnt like what she selected, as soon as I am in front of the mirror, I hear

"waoo u look so good".

"All those tea girls in your office should stay away else...."

So over period , I have trusted her selection and I dnt complain .

So do so with wisdom.

Appreciate him as much as u can.

There must be plenty "You LOOK so different moments too" so his head can swell and align.

Very smart woman you got bro cool

1 Like

Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by AlphaT1(m): 8:37pm On Jan 08, 2017
Worriedwife:
This issue has been disturbing me, I had to create a new id to get advice 'anonymously', maybe someone else who has gone through this can help. My husband's dress sense is poor, his shoes look like weapons...pointed mouth with very heavy soles. His colour combination is something else. He is a good-looking young man but dresses like an old man.

It makes me not to find him sexy, even his boxers look like soccer shorts.
Whenever we go out, people look at him like he's my gate man. The other day, we went to visit some family friends and someone there said, we don't look like we came out from the same house.

You know how people can be, news have been going around that I am spending all his money on myself while he goes about tattered. My in-laws are also part of the rumour mongers. I have tried to teach him, but he's not ready to learn. Before the usual didn't you know when you married him questions, I knew. He kept saying I am just a girlfriend and I want to change him. Now I am his wife, he still won't change.

Please, what can I do? Won't it be rude if I throw his old wears away?
We recently moved to PH, I don't know my way around yet. Things look expensive here, where can I shop at a fair rate?
I need practical solutions. Thank you all

This is a simple issue my sister. My wife does my shopping. Most times we go together but whenever I am not chanced she goes alone. She selects my shoes, clothes, boxers etc and I do the payment. We decide on what to wear even before the day comes and if it's an impromptu outing she chooses what I would wear. She has a very good taste and dress sense far above me. Gradually I have learnt and sometimes I choose just what she wud have chosen for me, this even makes her very happy. Jst dont put it to his face arrogantly or rudely. Go shopping with him, select his clothes and tell him how nice they (clothes) wud look on him. Appreciate him creatively, e.g Oh darling dat blue native with red design looks wonderful on you, I luv seen you in it especially with that black loafers (shoes), pls can you wear it tomorrow to church/mosque. Gradually he will completely accept you choosing his clothes. Remember it's a gradual process.
Gudluck.

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by lielbree: 8:38pm On Jan 08, 2017
lestat:

It's my opinion that marriage is for better for worse, now if he doesn't cheat, he doesn't beat her he provides for his family , he is caring but she is upset he doesn't look like he walked out of a GQ magazine?
The issue she should be facing is why isn't she happy with what she has and instead of bitching about it try and make things work ...
Trust me if she moves to another guy maybe the next issue will be why he doesn't shave his beard ?
She is shallow and naieve that's her issue .
So if your wife dose not cheat and does not slap you around you would be OK with her looking like a mad woman?

You're so pathetic....

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jan 08, 2017
lielbree:

Taking pics , sourcing for materials etc... it sounds like a full time job!
Hope your man deserves it...

Well done
I doesn't take more than 1 minute to take a picture, neither does it take me more than an hour to get the fabric when I go to the market on Saturdays.
You should be more hopeful 'bout what you deserve wink.

Welldone too

3 Likes

Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by AntiWailer: 8:41pm On Jan 08, 2017
dhardline:

Very smart woman you got bro cool

Thanks Bro.

Yea she is so adorable.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Boy Fights With His Father In Abia For Not Giving Him Money For Food / Don't risk marriage with these set of people / Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.