Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,959 members, 7,806,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:38 PM

Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. (50590 Views)

12-Year-Old Delta Bride Married Off To An Old Man, Rescued In Edo / Meet Baby Chanco, Japanese With Full Hair Like An Adult (Photos) / 8-Month-Old Indian Girl Weighs 10lbs, Craves For Food & Eats Like An Adult (Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by chimalisco19(m): 8:46pm On Jan 08, 2017
I understand you, I can say am a bit your husband type cos I don't fancy best cloths shoes and etc, I don't even like going out on Sundays like my mates cos I see no need of doing so.

So just teach him am sure he's gonna learn, wish both of you the best of luck.
Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by lielbree: 8:47pm On Jan 08, 2017
lady2lady:
I don't know why people are liking this post .. Like he is making some sense or what??

A woman asked for an advice and you're insulting her?

Hey,If someone made you angry previously,why not dispose the anger somewhere else.
Majority of the boys here are stweepid fuçk heads.

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by BCharles: 8:50pm On Jan 08, 2017
Worriedwife:
This issue has been disturbing me, I had to create a new id to get advice 'anonymously', maybe someone else who has gone through this can help. My husband's dress sense is poor, his shoes look like weapons...pointed mouth with very heavy soles. His colour combination is something else. He is a good-looking young man but dresses like an old man.

It makes me not to find him sexy, even his boxers look like soccer shorts.
Whenever we go out, people look at him like he's my gate man. The other day, we went to visit some family friends and someone there said, we don't look like we came out from the same house.

You know how people can be, news have been going around that I am spending all his money on myself while he goes about tattered. My in-laws are also part of the rumour mongers. I have tried to teach him, but he's not ready to learn. Before the usual didn't you know when you married him questions, I knew. He kept saying I am just a girlfriend and I want to change him. Now I am his wife, he still won't change.

Please, what can I do? Won't it be rude if I throw his old wears away?
We recently moved to PH, I don't know my way around yet. Things look expensive here, where can I shop at a fair rate?
I need practical solutions. Thank you all

Go to Oilmill Market on Wed. It's located at Oilmill junction close to Eleme Junction.

Clothes are very cheap there. Alternatively, Mile One Market BUT u have 2b smart else those Igbo guys will cut ur neck.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by lielbree: 8:51pm On Jan 08, 2017
BackToLife:

Sharrraaap!!! You are nothing but a worthless directionless myopic bitchh, and your type abound. I smell your type from 10km; I know a whorre like you that killed her husband just to move on with a concubine. I'm glad the concubine later exposed her for fear of being killed next. You knew him before you married him, yet you greedy worthless pest married him because of his money, now you are looking for excuse and encouragement to poison the innocent man. How many men waste their precious lives trying to please worthless insatiable souls like you. Kama would soon link you with a ritualistist that would do the needful with you.
shocked shocked shocked too many sick fuçks on nl
Have you taken your meds today?

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by lielbree: 8:53pm On Jan 08, 2017
PaperLace:

I doesn't take more than 1 minute to take a picture, neither does it take me more than an hour to get the fabric when I go to the market on Saturdays.
You should be more hopeful 'bout what you deserve wink.

Welldone too
I'm a lady.

No hard feelings
Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by bid4rich(m): 8:55pm On Jan 08, 2017
ajibolabd:
prepare your will

You before me..........because my case is Different
Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by deb(m): 8:56pm On Jan 08, 2017
ajibolabd:
Divorce him, ASAP!

YABA LEFT STRAIGHT! YOU NEED URGENT ATTENTION PLEASE

OMGGG! shocked shocked grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by shumuel(m): 8:57pm On Jan 08, 2017
Worriedwife:

Lol. I pray my case isn't like that of Nigerians, I want the best for him... why the insults from some people .
Thanks a lot. Thanks for every response...I love my husband, I only want him to dress better. I will I have to put in effort.

@bolded, I pray so too, just don't push to hard on him, so it wont lead to a fight, coz it seems he doesn't want to change.

@Blue: i don't get you; i want to believe you are refering to other peoples comments, if so, don't mind them, Nairalanders are like that, thats how they catch fun.

@Red: You welcome, i wish you all the best of luck you'll need, i pray you succeed in helping him because i know you already finding him not sexy grin wouldn't want you to lose total interest in him, that would be bad. Wishing you all best smiley.
Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by Blonchilli(m): 9:09pm On Jan 08, 2017
lestat:

It's my opinion that marriage is for better for worse, now if he doesn't cheat, he doesn't beat her he provides for his family , he is caring but she is upset he doesn't look like he walked out of a GQ magazine?
The issue she should be facing is why isn't she happy with what she has and instead of bitching about it try and make things work ...
Trust me if she moves to another guy maybe the next issue will be why he doesn't shave his beard ?
She is shallow and naieve that's her issue .
It's obvious you just got your first phone and decided to show everyone how stupid you are

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by KingOfThePay(m): 9:10pm On Jan 08, 2017
PaperLace:
I understand your concern_ it shows you care. I've seen women who don't care as long as it doesn't affect her own look.
Some men are like that, a woman would know the whole colour wheel (including cockroach brown and custard yellow) while a man is okay knowing just primary colours.

You say you have been correcting him? How did you correct him? We're dealing with a grown man here_ he has been dressing that way without seeing anything wrong in it, approach is very important. Don't insult him in the process, first compliment the quality, colour or fitting..."Shugar I love this shirt, the stripes are cool BUT it would have gone better with a carton-coloured-pants or brown shoes".

Most times they have a mental picture of how they wanna look, but they don't know how to SHOP.
You have to put in work, it's not by saying "hey, I hate your dressing, it embarrasses me"_ WHAT EFFORT HAVE YOU PUT IN, ASIDE THE USUAL TALK-TALK-TALK?

A long time ago, my man was such a rigid dresser_ always so officially dressed like we were going for a meeting. On my part, I loved the whole yipee dressing.
WHAT DID I DO? I bought him 1 or 2 wears first, I remember the look on his face when I got him tan brogues. 'Told him I wanna follow him when next he's shopping. We got there and I influenced his choices.

Now that I have more disposable income, I handle his closet, down to his briefs. I have specific tailors for natives,office/casual trousers and shirts. I know all his measurements down to his shoes. When we are watching TV, he says "see that clothe/shoe, I like it"...I quickly take a pic, go source for the material or a look alike and that's it. He doesn't know what they sell at School Rd, Ariaria, Kent...etc, his own is to wear and receive compliments. I don't have a problem with that, I am okay with him looking like 'my man'.

His dress sense now is 99.9%, everybody is happy now wink.
Please, note that you do not have to spend millions to dress well, you only need to know the right places to shop.
Try this, come back and buy me any whisky.

I'll edit if I remember anything else.

Hhmmh! A lot of Brilliant People around here.

4 Likes

Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by cybriz82(m): 9:13pm On Jan 08, 2017
ajibolabd:
Divorce him, ASAP!

waka....mod u cn ban me if want it come n take it....anoda waka to u again....

1 Like

Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by datizy(f): 9:16pm On Jan 08, 2017
lwkmd. The shoe description got me laughing. Madam pls take it easy o.
You can help him by buying his clothes and clothing accessories for him. Maybe with time he will see the good you are doing when people start commending his dress sense.
You can check mile one market. Prices of goods are fair there.
Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by chiefojiji(m): 9:16pm On Jan 08, 2017
his boxer be like soccer pant

ennnn, buy him G-string na.

u better leave ur husband d way he is, u have tried enough to change him,but no way. only if you are ready to sell him to dos thin legged side girls.
Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by apollo13(m): 9:22pm On Jan 08, 2017
lestat:
Now, this is the thing... Nobody cares, nobody was there when you said your vows so why should anyone give a single fúck?
Madam take your issues to a counselor or the divorce court if you are too brain dead to work things out.
I mean I have seen couples have issues over more serious matters like finances, infidelity, abuse but this ?
You need a psychologist

GTFO
Guy calm down! Has she offended you before?
Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jan 08, 2017
OK
You can check out mile 1 flyover, rail way line all by mile one park bus stop(daily MKT) or oil mill market by oil mill bus stop along PH/Aba Rd(Weds) for good and affordable wears.

You can also consider mile 3 market(daily) or. New mile 1 MKT but don't develop hyper when PH babes snatch him from you o.oooooooo!

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by Origin(f): 9:26pm On Jan 08, 2017
1. Burn the clothes buy new ones for him.
2. Wash all his clothes on the line, steal them yourself, get a police report and help him shop for new clothes.

3. Be stealing his old clothes one by one, over a period of a year the old clothes will be no more. Shop new wears for him.

Warning: Are you ready to cope with the competition when your husband becomes fine boy?

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by ezewealth(m): 9:39pm On Jan 08, 2017
lestat:
go ahead and crawl back into your hole.... Retarrd

U must be a very unhappy person or rather a Sadist, must you hung your dirty laundries here on social media, displaying ur sociopathic behaviour for the whole world to see

1 Like

Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by KardinalZik(m): 9:41pm On Jan 08, 2017
Go follow the sexy ones na.
Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by lilyheaven: 9:49pm On Jan 08, 2017
happyday:

Except there's something else you're not saying, I think if you were buying the clothes on his bills (since he's got a great career), it shouldn't bug you. Should it?
Oh I wish,
Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by Mskrisx(f): 9:53pm On Jan 08, 2017
lilyheaven:
I actually left my man because of this,
I was 29 and he was 32. But he always looks like a forty five years old man, he had a very great career, he won't even buy a cloth for himself, I kept buying all these things,
One day I said to myself, if I marry this Man, will I continue like this plus our kids .
I left him sha,
But my family were so angry with me.

Babe u jonze biiiiiig time!

1 Like

Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by lilyheaven: 10:00pm On Jan 08, 2017
DICKtator:

Wait...

What?

Because of .....

Come again?

grin grin grin grin

I want to believe you always change your clothes each time they wear off,
I was with him for 3years, same clothes same shoes same slippers,
The day I threw one of his shoes that the sole has fallen, he came back and asked me to return his shoe. The next time I visited, I found out that he has padded the shoe. undecided. You won't understand. Them when I buy, he would say, oh my sweet, thank you.

Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by lilyheaven: 10:01pm On Jan 08, 2017
How?
Mskrisx:

Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by lilyheaven: 10:02pm On Jan 08, 2017
Mskrisx:

How?
Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by AngelsAndStars(m): 10:02pm On Jan 08, 2017
Awwww you remind me of a very good friend ifeoma. in school then, particularly during HND1 I was a kind of person that didn't give fvcks about looks then this ifeoma came.

I really don't know why she liked me so much oh, she changed everything, made sure I barb my hair regularly and comb before leaving home. she even brushed my hair for me. it was cool though.

ifeoma go just dey tell me "fine boy" handsome boy" my head wan nearly scatter. she really made me see my handsome self

I kan dey fine small small. but when she left my house back to formula. MI o ra ye meeeehn....

but that was then sha. now am better in dressing.

OP abeg assist your man, buy cloths for him. and hail him when you dress him. with tine he'll come around

1 Like

Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jan 08, 2017
BCharles:

Go to Oilmill Market on Wed. It's located at Oilmill junction close to Eleme Junction.

Clothes are very cheap there. Alternatively, Mile One Market BUT u have 2b smart else those Igbo guys will cut ur neck.

Must you denigrate the Igbos to pass your point?
Retardd.
Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by krauss: 10:04pm On Jan 08, 2017
basically what everybody says here makes sense though some might have overindulged there emotions doing so. I guess the summary is, it is good to dress well but dressing sounds very mundane a reason to lose passion and affection for a spouse. This then raises the question, why did you marry him and was there any attraction before you did? It also validates( personally) the disposition that men or women giving excuses such as protruding stomach and all what not for the reason why they fell out of love or affection with a partner sound very inane. I always ask, if a partner loses a limb or other physical attribute which might make them look less "sexy", what will their second halves do especially after marriage? I guess my preferred type of affection goes beyond the depth of the skin let alone the clothes. OP, I hope this inkling doesn't lead to resentment and ultimately......
Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by Mskrisx(f): 10:10pm On Jan 08, 2017
lilyheaven:

How?

U for at least work on am na.
Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by krauss: 10:17pm On Jan 08, 2017
I like the fact that you take time to admire his looks, but don't let something this trivial degenerate to some cynicism. Na like this i dey start o. If the guy no gree change, i no gree. I watched one of Steve Harvey's shows. A lady brought her husband to the show and was just busy trolling him about his dressing notwithstanding the fact that he does virtually everything in the house as the good husband most women would want( I guess). I mean literally everything even waking up before everybody to prepare meals dress the kids and still make money. The guy was very insistent he wanted to dress the way he does notwithstanding Steve's propositions and theories, since it gives him an identity of the age class he thinks he wants to fit into. You see in this case, this one don pass buy him this and buy him that. I guess what I am saying is don't make a mountain out of a molehill if he doesn't want to be dissuaded.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by Rottentooth: 10:36pm On Jan 08, 2017
Worriedwife:
This issue has been disturbing me, I had to create a new id to get advice 'anonymously', maybe someone else who has gone through this can help. My husband's dress sense is poor, his shoes look like weapons...pointed mouth with very heavy soles. His colour combination is something else. He is a good-looking young man but dresses like an old man.
Go shopping with him. Choose his wardrobe to your taste. Condemn the old stuff. Then encourage him to wear the same dress with you (you guys should wear traditional/modern dresses sewn from the same clothing material; and be sure to get a good seamstress).
It makes me not to find him sexy, even his boxers look like soccer shorts.
Whenever we go out, people look at him like he's my gate man. The other day, we went to visit some family friends and someone there said, we don't look like we came out from the same house.

You know how people can be, news have been going around that I am spending all his money on myself while he goes about tattered. My in-laws are also part of the rumour mongers. I have tried to teach him, but he's not ready to learn. Before the usual didn't you know when you married him questions, I knew. He kept saying I am just a girlfriend and I want to change him. Now I am his wife, he still won't change.

Please, what can I do? Won't it be rude if I throw his old wears away?
We recently moved to PH, I don't know my way around yet. Things look expensive here, where can I shop at a fair rate?
I need practical solutions. Thank you all

Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by toprealman: 10:58pm On Jan 08, 2017
So when you were still a spinster, you didn't notice this abnormality. After cruising his cash and upgrading, you now see him as an OLD MAN! Women...woe to men
Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by Freestainworld(m): 11:06pm On Jan 08, 2017
honestly we men can be difficult at times especially with the things you call nothing, don't drag him too harshly else u put your self in trouble, just try and gather him up by getting the rit clothes, shoes, belts etc for him, do it gently as if it's not a big deal, pamper him like a child before u know it, he follows, and most importantly stop reminding him about his poor sense of dressing, some men are just like that naturally.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Boy Fights With His Father In Abia For Not Giving Him Money For Food / Don't risk marriage with these set of people / Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.