Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,728 members, 7,805,990 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:47 AM

Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? (95964 Views)

Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? / #whatif: Daddy Freez Is Correct About Tithe? / Prophet Malachi Udorji, The Founder Of Children Of God Healing Ministry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by petra1(m): 2:25pm On Jan 18, 2017
annunaki2:

Where in the bible is tithes called an eternal principle and why is biblical tithing different from the fraudulent type preached in churches today?

What is biblical tithe and what is fraudulent tithe?
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by annunaki2(m): 2:38pm On Jan 18, 2017
petra1:

What is biblical tithe and what is fraudulent tithe?

Biblical tithes is agric produce from the promised land, whilst the fraudulent man made version is monetary tithe from income.

8 Likes

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by petra1(m): 2:43pm On Jan 18, 2017
annunaki2:

Biblical tithes is agric produce from the promised land, whilst the fraudulent man made version is monetary tithe from income.

Money was given in bible days also . It's a choice . Did Abraham give agric produce ?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by annunaki2(m): 3:31pm On Jan 18, 2017
petra1:

Money was given in bible days also . It's a choice . Did Abraham give agric produce ?

Biblical tithes was never money and abraham's tithe was of war booty. That said abraham's tithe was not commanded by God it was of his own volution so it will fraudulent to use that as an example for church tithing which is wrongly preached as mandatory.

13 Likes

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by CecyAdrian(f): 4:29pm On Jan 18, 2017
annunaki2:

Biblical tithes was never money and abraham's tithe was of war booty. That said abraham's tithe was not commanded by God it was of his own volution so it will fraudulent to use that as an example for church tithing which is wrongly preached as mandatory.

Nice one

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by petra1(m): 5:03pm On Jan 18, 2017
annunaki2:

Biblical tithes was never money and abraham's tithe was of war booty.

Beautiful ! At least it wassnt farm produce . It makes it clear that tithes is not about agric . It's about income . Either it's agric , salary , business gain. Or gift items.

That said abraham's tithe was not commanded by God it was of his own volution so it will fraudulent to use that as an example for church tithing which is wrongly preached as mandatory.

It's a revelation of God revealed to Abraham . It started with Abraham .Abraham was not just a figure in the Bible He's our father of faith .

Galatians 3:14
14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Romans 4:16
. . . . but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jan 18, 2017
petra1:

Why not ? It's an eternal principle . Just like offering , prayers ,almsgiving etc.

Can you answer this question? Do you steal because you're not under the law? . Do you kill and covet ?

Those who steal are influenced by demons
Whether there is a law or not .. they will still steal
Tithe was given to the priests .. widows .. etc
And it mainly agricultural products
That was why Jesus never paid tithe
His didnt instruct His disciples to pay tithe
Paul and the other apostles didnt instruct anyone to pay tithe
Tithing was a law because that was the way to feed the poor and the priests
Now for the poor .. we are instructed to give to them .. not tithe though
And there are no priests now
We have Apostles .. Prophets .. Evangelists .. Pastors .. Teachers ( Ephesians 4:11)
So who is the priest to receive tithe ??

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jan 18, 2017
petra1:

Why not ? It's an eternal principle . Just like offering , prayers ,almsgiving etc.

Can you answer this question? Do you steal because you're not under the law? . Do you kill and covet ?

I am a Christian and i am under the law of Christ
Which is loving my neighbour and loving God
Everything is about love
Therefore i dont steal .. covet .. kill because i love

10 Likes

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by frubben(m): 8:48pm On Jan 18, 2017
ilynem:

You don't get it. Jesus condemned the neglect of other charitable acts and not the payment of tithe. He was trying to say paying tithe alone is not enough. That doesn't mean you should condemn tithe paying. What you should condemn is the pastors neglect of other charitable acts.

Oga then Jesus had not die, so the law was stilll very much intact, hence is words on tithe. When he died a new law was ushered in. Ever wonder why paul did not speak on tithe but he focus more on cheerful giving.

Ink Don finish for my biro.

11 Likes

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jan 18, 2017
annunaki2:

Where in the bible is tithes called an eternal principle and why is biblical tithing different from the fraudulent type preached in churches today?

Ask him again
They just lean what their pastoe tell me
They don't really study what The Word says

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by petra1(m): 9:23pm On Jan 18, 2017
Junia:

I am a Christian and i am under the law of Christ
Which is loving my neighbour and loving God
Everything is about love
Therefore i dont steal .. covet .. kill because i love

One last question. Is gay wrong ? After all you're not hurting anybody
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jan 18, 2017
petra1:

One last question. Is gay wrong ? After all you're not hurting anybody

Yes gay is wrong
God created man and woman not man and man
He instituted man and woman marriage not man and man
He destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah because of gay

8 Likes

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by petra1(m): 11:03pm On Jan 18, 2017
Junia:

Tithing was a law

It existed before the law just as gay was condemned before law came

because that was the way to feed the poor and the priests
Now for the poor .. we are instructed to give to them

.. not tithe though
And there are no priests now
We have Apostles .. Prophets .. Evangelists .. Pastors .. Teachers ( Ephesians 4:11)
So who is the priest to receive tithe ??

You're right. The full time ministers of God stands in the place of receiving support for their work just as the levites and priests

1 Corinthians 9:13-14
13 Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar? 14 Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jan 18, 2017
petra1:

You're right. The full time ministers of God stands in the place of receiving support for their work just as the levites and priests

13 Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar? 14 Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel

So did the scripture say we should pay tithes to them
Read Galatians 6:6
It states clearly that we should provide for our teachers
The early Church provided for their teachers
They didnt pay tithes to them

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jan 18, 2017
petra1:

And you Philippians yourselves know that in the beginning of the gospel, when I left Macedonia, no church entered into partnership with me in giving and receiving, except you only. Even in Thessalonica you sent me help for my needs once and again. . . . I have received full payment, and more. I am well supplied, having received from Epaphroditus the gifts you sent (Phil. 4:15– 18).

They gave paul gifts and supplied his needs
They didnt pay tithe to him

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by petra1(m): 11:39pm On Jan 18, 2017
Junia:

And you Philippians yourselves know that in the beginning of the gospel, when I left Macedonia, no church entered into partnership with me in giving and receiving, except you only. Even in Thessalonica you sent me help for my needs once and again. . . . I have received full payment, and more. I am well supplied, having received from Epaphroditus the gifts you sent (Phil. 4:15– 18).
They gave paul gifts and supplied his needs
They didnt pay tithe to him

Let the Bible speak for itself . The primary source for income was in tithes and offerings . Why would Paul use illegal illustrations as comparison

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by petra1(m): 11:43pm On Jan 18, 2017
Junia:

So did the scripture say we should pay tithes to them
Read Galatians 6:6
It states clearly that we should provide for our teachers
The early Church provided for their teachers
They didnt pay tithes to them

Tithes and offerings are given to God. The administration of the money depends on the structure of the church or ministry
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 11:52pm On Jan 18, 2017
petra1:

Tithes and offerings are given to God. The administration of the money depends on the structure of the church or ministry

Tithes were for the levites .. priests .. widows etc

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by petra1(m): 12:00am On Jan 19, 2017
Junia:

Tithes were for the levites .. priests .. widows etc

Tithe is to God 100% through the levites . There are other tithes for widow and poor .
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 12:01am On Jan 19, 2017
petra1:

Let the Bible speak for itself . The primary source for income was in tithes and offerings . Why would Paul use illegal illustrations as comparison

So why didnt Paul state that they should tithe
He talked about offering alone and not tithe
Those who were taught the word gave to their teachers
Even paul sometimes didnt take it
The source of income of those who preach is not even offering .. it is gifts from the saints ..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 12:05am On Jan 19, 2017
petra1:

Tithe is to God 100% through the levites . There are other tithes for widow and poor .

Yhs ..
The funny stuff is that tithe was not even money

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 12:13am On Jan 19, 2017
petra1:

Read verse 14 well
If Christians should pay tithes
To whom should they pay the tithes to

You answer is those who preach the gospel right ..
Now .. Jesus commanded that we should go and preach the gospel to every creature
So provided that i am in a Church and i am actively preaching the gosepl
Should the Church pay tithes to me ??

Note verse 14 well
It didnt say Pastors who preach
It says those who preach .. meaning anyone at all

So please pay tithe to me okay
Because i preach the gospel

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by petra1(m): 12:21am On Jan 19, 2017
Junia:

Yhs ..
The funny stuff is that tithe was not even money

It's a matter of choice .People did gave Money as tithes and offerings in the Bible days . For example the man that rears dogs or horses can't bring them to the temple because they are termed unclean but he can give money equivalent. Also wounded animals could be redeemed with money . And lastly people do give money of their gains as tithes and offering

Leviticus 27:30-31 (KJV)
30 And all the tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land, or of the fruit of the tree, is the Lord's: it is holy unto the Lord. 31 And if a man will at all redeem ought of his tithes, he shall add thereto the fifth part thereof.

Leviticus 27:27 (KJV)
27 And if it be of an unclean beast, then he shall redeem it according to thine estimation, and shall add a fifth part of it thereto: or if it be not redeemed, then it shall be sold according to thy estimation.

Matthew 23:23 (NLT)
23 . . . .For you are careful to tithe even the tiniest income from your herb gardens, but you ignore the more important aspects of the law—justice, mercy, and faith. You should tithe, yes, but do not neglect the more important things.

Luke 18:12 (AMPC)
12 I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I gain.

The point is that they gave cash of their income in cash .

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 12:34am On Jan 19, 2017
petra1:

It's a matter of choice .People did gave Money as tithes and offerings in the Bible days . For example the man that rears dogs or horses can't bring them to the temple because they are termed unclean but he can give money equivalent. Also wounded animals could be redeemed with money . And lastly people do give money of their gains as tithes and offering

23 . . . .For you are careful to tithe even the tiniest income from your herb gardens, but you ignore the more important aspects of the law—justice, mercy, and faith. You should tithe, yes, but do not neglect the more important things.

Okay i agree with it

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by CecyAdrian(f): 7:32am On Jan 22, 2017
petra1:

Leviticus 27:30-31 (KJV)
30 And all the tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land, or of the fruit of the tree, is the Lord's: it is holy unto the Lord. 31 And if a man will at all redeem ought of his tithes, he shall add thereto the fifth part thereof.

Leviticus 27:27 (KJV)
27 And if it be of an unclean beast, then he shall redeem it according to thine estimation, and shall add a fifth part of it thereto: or if it be not redeemed, then it shall be sold according to thy estimation.

Are our present day men of God descendants of Levites to be collecting tithe and moreover, I thought the death of Jesus Christ put an end to all these laws?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Royalfurnitures: 9:52am On Jan 22, 2017
No preference, both compliment each other

Please check out my signature for quality and durable furniture
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by soberdrunk(m): 9:53am On Jan 22, 2017
......same reason most of us prefer 'cash' to "post dated cheques" angry angry

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Elan83(m): 9:55am On Jan 22, 2017
why did Trump advise Buhari to go & die?
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 9:59am On Jan 22, 2017
How u want dem to chop?
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 10:01am On Jan 22, 2017
ilynem:

Exactly. Jesus condemned the manner it was paid but never said it was wrong to pay it. Two different things.
did he say it was right to pay ?
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by InvertedHammer: 10:01am On Jan 22, 2017
CecyAdrian:
While reading through the scripture one day, I came across rules and regulations concerning tithe in Deuteronomy , I was shocked because I never knew that the issue of tithe was talked about anywhere else excerpt in Malachi 3:8. Now, when you take a look at Deuteronomy 14 when God was giving the children of Israelite rules and regulations, God explained the concept or reason for tithe to them and gave them rules to abide in regards to it, from verse 22 downwards explains it so well.

Then you also go to Deuteronomy 26:12 downwards, the same rule was also repeated, and an very sure that the reason why God said that we should bring our tithes and offering in Malachi 3: 10 was for the actualization of his rules and regulation in Deuteronomy, which is feeding the Levites, poor, widows and the needy in the society

So, now I ask, why do pastors prefer Malachi even to the extent of twisting it to favour their aims instead of giving their church members the full concept, rules and regulations regarding tithing which the Lord commanded in Deuteronomy.
/
Why make simple things complicated?

Stop paying(funding) anyone's flamboyant lifestyle.

Let him/her report you to God.

Paying tithe is not salvation. I have never paid tithe in my life and I don't intend to because tithes are for the priestly tribes (the Levites). Last time I checked, there are no Levites in Nigeria.

On judgment day, we will find out who makes it to heaven.

\

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (38) (Reply)

1000 NAMES, TITLES, AND ATTRIBUTES OF GOD (A-Z)WITH BIBLE VERSES / Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd / George Castro-Yankey Caught In Sex Scandal - VIDEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.