Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,188 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:20 AM

Moderatorion On Nairaland - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Moderatorion On Nairaland (424 Views)

How Old Are You On Nairaland, Screenshot Your Profile Let's See The Pioneers. / What New Features Will You Like To See On Nairaland / I Think I Have The Highest Likes On Nairaland (screenshot)! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Moderatorion On Nairaland by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jan 08, 2017
@ Seun,

Longest time , you probably won't remember me be we met twice way back, once at Google day Nigeria when it just started and once another time through R. edu when she was doing stuff for Eskimi.

Now my purpose of writing this is to share my opinion on excessive or wrong moderation of posts on Nairaland.

As you know have been a member of this forum ofr over 10 years and over the years I have watched you ban posts for seevral reason but I have to comment now to air my view.

Banning posts that say I don't give a fùck is wrong .. why?
Poeole are trying to cope with their frustrations how best they know .

Over the years I watched you ban responses as harmless as " how does it affect the price of garri," to this latest "I don't give a Bleep'
I thought the purpose of this forum was freedom of expression as long as it doesn't attack another's belief system ?

How then are your mods different from dictators or communists who ban freedom of press and expression?
Where then do you draw the line?

I remember the first time I travelled abroad as a teenager I never could understand why Nigeria just couldn't be as pleasant or as effective as life there.

Everything works, from transportation, to mailing system to power supply to housing ... Everything just works ... The average citizen knows the government cared about them because the system is built to support its citizens .

But here in Nigeria every year we have seen things get worse ....
To the point that they are telling us we import gas from Niger?
When I worked in the refinery in port Harcourt early in my career tonnes of gas in emptied into the air regular due to excess gas, they don't package it and give freely to the people no! They dump it in the air! Ask anyone who works in elementary refinery and yet here we have manufacturers buying gas in dollars !

So truly why would people give a fúck about this country ?
My point is don't limit or stifle freedom of people's expression as we are in a country run by heartless leaders .

So if someone chooses to Vent by asking how a topic affects the price of garri or saying they actually don't give a cluster fûck let them be.

My two cents ...

Now you can ban me

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Moderatorion On Nairaland by Rapmaestro(m): 2:51pm On Jan 08, 2017
grin and Lalasticlala be like "throw that man in the dungeon"

1 Like

Re: Moderatorion On Nairaland by iPrevail(m): 3:02pm On Jan 08, 2017
Sounds reasonable. I endorse this post.

1 Like

Re: Moderatorion On Nairaland by Nobody: 4:05pm On Feb 07, 2017
#

(1) (Reply)

Its MMM Eve Today! / Male Corper Needed For Employment At A Poultry Farm At Ikorodu / Https:///b1twfp7exxt4ojupbi2ubv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.