Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,228 members, 7,780,432 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:11 PM

Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? (61608 Views)

Doctors, Nurses Around The World Unite In Begging People To Stay At Home (Pics) / Doctors/Nurses Help My Wife Analyze This Scan Result Abeg (PHOTO) / Why Doctors & Nurses Inject The Buttocks More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by rasie: 3:59pm On Jan 08, 2017
The thing is:i'm scared shitless right now. For the past few months I've been having a monthly series of flu sickness. I mean every month for over 5months now. The one I'm currently experiencing now has just got me very much scared. Below are the things I'm experiencing now:
- Flu(whooping cough and catarrh)
- Sleepless nights
- Loss of appetite
- Weight loss
- Body vibration
- Tiredness
- Stooling (Diarrhea)
- Headache
- Fever
I've read about the fact that most of the above are possible symptoms of the hiv virus and anytime I think of the possibility of me being (i can't even mention it) ,i just feel like dying. Yes I've been living a very promiscuous lifestyle and its more reason for me to be scared of doing a test. Although I've done it before in 2014 and it was negative but since then, there have been a lot of sexcapades. Which brings me to my question directed to doctors or health practitioners : "Is there any other sickness that can be related to those symptoms above apart from Hiv? "
To those with the virus already I'd like to ask: "Did you experience something like that before you were confirmed as positive? "
Ps: I treated malaria last month by the way.
Pss: For all those that will eventually advise me to get a hiv test, save your advise. When last did you do yours? Yes i know that the only way to be sure is to get tested but c'mon guys, una know how e be na.

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by INTROVERT(f): 4:00pm On Jan 08, 2017
Why not save all of us the stress and just go do blood test.

395 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by yomi007k(m): 4:08pm On Jan 08, 2017
INTROVERT:
Why not save all of us the stress and just go do blood test.

Leave am...maybe he wan pray about am

E go jus die like fowl.

160 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by DozieInc(m): 4:08pm On Jan 08, 2017
Consult your native doctor.

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by hero01(m): 4:12pm On Jan 08, 2017
Go and do HIV TEST. my friend.

84 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by ojun50(m): 4:12pm On Jan 08, 2017
No worry we go treat u since u no sa bi hospital.

carry full salt drink.
d op below me should give d next dos

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by zabson(m): 4:21pm On Jan 08, 2017
Just go for the test it isn't a big deal. For the last two week av been having chronic diarrhoea...just two days ago a doctor asked me to test for HIV, i didnt gv it a second thought...i did it and thank God i was negative. what you have may nt be HIV...even if it is i assure its better u learn knw. its for ur own good

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by rasie: 4:34pm On Jan 08, 2017
Trendphemmy
ChelseaDr
Sorry for mentioning but i believe you guys are doctors

Sissy3
Dominique
Lalasticlala
Seun
Please can you guys fp this so i and others going through the same thing can get more reactions?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jan 08, 2017
Go get tested for everything else.

HIV doesn't start that violently. Could be something else

16 Likes

Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by Emescot(m): 4:46pm On Jan 08, 2017
Bro am going through the same thing o, i was losing weight after a heavy fever, so i just stopped everything sex related to see if i will be fat again but still nothing o, i dont even want to think abt that stuff.. But u need to go for ur own test

7 Likes

Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by Emescot(m): 4:48pm On Jan 08, 2017
Muafrika2:
Go get tested for everything else.

HIV doesn't start that violently. Could be something else
His last test was in 2014 o, so 2015-2017 is not enough for the symptoms to start?

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jan 08, 2017
una think say to do hiv test easy

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by rasie: 4:56pm On Jan 08, 2017
nnamdiokere45:
una think say to do hiv test easy
Help me ask them. I know that's what they'll comment that's why I forewarned them. And if you ask them ,they haven't done theirs. I know how i felt the last time I checked mine (before the result came) .and i don't like that feeling

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by rasie: 4:57pm On Jan 08, 2017
Emescot:
Bro am going through the same thing o, i was losing weight after a heavy fever, so i just stopped everything sex related to see if i will be fat again but still nothing o, i dont even want to think abt that stuff.. But u need to go for ur own test
Have you done yours?

6 Likes

Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jan 08, 2017
Emescot:
His last test was in 2014 o, so 2015-2017 is not enough for the symptoms to start?
The incubation period is 10 years. The early symptoms are usually less serious, like sores and other simple infections that can be treated. But your symptoms are draining you of alot of nutrients and energy, you better get treated.

(Am not a doctor though)

7 Likes

Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by Emescot(m): 5:10pm On Jan 08, 2017
rasie:

Have you done yours?
I did a blood test and stool test at a laboratory in my area they just said i have malaria parasites and worm larvae or something, but am just not sure if the test covers HIV too. Cos they didnt tick it in the test result
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by Emescot(m): 5:13pm On Jan 08, 2017
Muafrika2:

The incubation period is 10 years. The early symptoms are usually less serious, like sores and other simple infections that can be treated. But your symptoms are draining you of alot of nutrients and energy, you better get treated.

(Am not a doctor though)
Oh okay i understand now

4 Likes

Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by ChelseaDr(m): 6:27pm On Jan 08, 2017
rasie:
Trendphemmy
ChelseaDr
Sorry for mentioning but i believe you guys are doctors

Sissy3
Dominique
Lalasticlala
Seun
Please can you guys fp this so i and others going through the same thing can get more reactions?

Thanks Op for mentioning. In Medicine, we start treatment by eliminating the most likely cause of a disease so that we avoid treating such wrongly, in this case since your mind is strongly thinking towards that why not close your eyes and eliminate that dreaded disease....at least your mind will be at rest and you can beat your chest and continue positive living.

Again even if it turns out positive, never mind the disease is no longer as dreaded as it was in times past. I can tell you that many people on this thread are living with the virus and, their spouse and children are negative. So no worry, try and go for the test and it may not be HIV after all.

I can tell you that the fear of getting tested kills faster than the disease, that is the truth. So I beg you try and rule it out and the moment you do I can tell you all those symptoms will disappear completely. Try it today and you will be happy you did.

I look forward to hearing from you. DEFEAT FEAR WITH FAITH!!

161 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by rasie: 7:22pm On Jan 08, 2017
ChelseaDr:

Thanks Op for mentioning. In Medicine, we start treatment by eliminating the most likely cause of a disease so that we avoid treating such wrongly, in this case since your mind is strongly thinking towards that why not close your eyes and eliminate that dreaded disease....at least your mind will be at rest and you can beat your chest and continue positive living.

Again even if it turns out positive, never mind the disease is no longer as dreaded as it was in times past. I can tell you that many people on this thread are living with the virus and, their spouse and children are negative. So no worry, try and go for the test and it may not be HIV after all.

I can tell you that the fear of getting tested kills faster than the disease, that is the truth. So I beg you try and rule it out and the moment you do I can tell you all those symptoms will disappear completely. Try it today and you will be happy you did.

I look forward to hearing from you. DEFEAT FEAR WITH FAITH!!
Thanks bro

14 Likes

Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by ChelseaDr(m): 8:46pm On Jan 08, 2017
rasie:

Thanks bro
You're welcome anytime, anyday!!!

1 Like

Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by laprince(m): 9:12pm On Jan 08, 2017
cool
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by timmycris(m): 9:13pm On Jan 08, 2017
help me with the Fvck pishure edakun

3 Likes

Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by Viking007(m): 9:13pm On Jan 08, 2017
rasie:

Help me ask them. I know that's what they'll comment that's why I forewarned them. And if you ask them ,they haven't done theirs. I know how i felt the last time I checked mine (before the result came) .and i don't like that feeling
And You think trusting total strangers to "guess" what's wrong with You is much better than going for a test?
Okay.

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by UnknownT: 9:13pm On Jan 08, 2017
Ehyah, compared to Cancer, HIV is a lesser sickness (my opinion). Just go ahead and run the test to avoid it turning to AIDS #MakeHayWhileTheSunShines

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by muller102(m): 9:13pm On Jan 08, 2017
Log off from nairaland. So the virus won't be spread. Op its AIDS.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by Atiku2019: 9:14pm On Jan 08, 2017
grin grin grin OP definitely your immune is down grin. But that doesn't mean you are positive grin... Come lemme treat you and add your name to my PRE-ART Register so that our donors from CDC will increase our yearly Grant grin.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by korel9: 9:14pm On Jan 08, 2017
Na skor! grin

1 Like

Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by CallMeNJay: 9:14pm On Jan 08, 2017
Get tested for hiv
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by Emeskhalifa(m): 9:15pm On Jan 08, 2017
bro jus close eye go do am
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by DancingSkeleton(m): 9:15pm On Jan 08, 2017
yomi007k:

Leave am...maybe he wan pray about am

E go jus die like fowl.
u be human being too

6 Likes

Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by Adesam09(m): 9:15pm On Jan 08, 2017
God..

1 Like

Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by zizirecords(m): 9:15pm On Jan 08, 2017
I am also a doctor and can provide some advice.

As my colleague above said, there is no other option but to get tested. Particularly because some of the symptoms you mentioned are psychosomatic in nature i.e. your mind and fears causing real physical symptoms (yes it happens!)

That being said, there are many things that may be responsible. Do you get dizziness as well? Feeling light headed? Like you will fall down if you are in public? If you have all these symptoms I have mentioned, then be happy. Your problem is more psychological than physical.

28 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Have An STD But I Need To Know Which So I Can Commence Treatment / Pictures Of Kurudu Market Abuja 4 Days After Lockdown / The Lady That Was Injured By Gas Explosion Last Year, See How She Looks Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.