Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,873 members, 7,802,808 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:10 PM

Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss (59695 Views)

10 Ethical Traits Of A Writer - By Jimson Jaat Taofik / How To Use Reading To Become A Better Writer By Leo Babauta / A love story. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by Rukkydelta(f): 8:13pm On Mar 27, 2017
Beautiful write up
Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by Eniqurl(f): 9:45pm On Mar 27, 2017
Interesting!
Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by vivienD: 10:27pm On Mar 27, 2017
pls don't abandon this story... nice one hun
Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by hoebamaa(m): 11:26pm On Mar 27, 2017
Eniqurl:
Interesting!
It would be bad of me if I just checked your profile without a comment "you re really an epitome of beauty".
Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by Eniqurl(f): 11:26am On Mar 28, 2017
hoebamaa:
It would be bad of me if I just checked your profile without a comment "you re really an epitome of beauty".
Thank you.
Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by hoebamaa(m): 1:30pm On Mar 28, 2017
Eniqurl:
Thank you.
The pleasure is mine
Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by Raychellasam(f): 4:52pm On Mar 28, 2017
its getting deeper....
Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by BlissfulJeff(m): 6:51pm On Mar 30, 2017
nice write up princess.
Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by Buttersss(f): 8:38pm On Mar 30, 2017
‘We are gathered here for the burial of late Miss Jennifer Kayode Temidayo, God gives and he takes. May her gentle soul rest in peace’ the wind carried the voice of the priest as he concluded the funeral rites.

‘You have to be strong’ Jake whispered to his cousin. They’d gone for the funeral together, the atmosphere was thick with grief. It was such a sorrowful scene, people, cried, her family wailed. How could Jenny die like that?

‘I don’t know if I’ll get over this, my life would never be the same’ Deji’s voice trembled. Life was truly a transient dream, what had happened changed him greatly. He was no longer the cheerful overconfident Deji, he was a terrified rabbit tormented by nightmares and fears.

‘You’ll have to, she would’ve wanted you to be’ Jake replied. He’d decided to forgive his cousin for accusing the poor girl he dumped for Jenny’s death.

‘And to think we were about getting married, I would never be the same’ Deji whispered.

‘You have to try, let’s go sit over there, we’ll speak to her mother when most of the guests are gone’ Jake suggested.

‘So what’s been happening at the company’? Deji asked.

‘Nothing much. Equipments are still being moved, Henry plans to stay over at Sazad Foods, he wants to have a meeting with us, that would hold tomorrow, so you have to stay strong’ Jake explained.

‘What do you mean by ‘staying over’? Deji grimaced and settled into a chair.

‘Seriously|? You’re being ungrateful man, the way I see it, the Tosin’s are doing us good, you act like they’re trying to steal something from us, but the question remains? What do we have left that can be stolen’? Jake asked.

‘Exactly the way I feel, their offer is too good to be true, a merger that would last for ten years after which they’d help us get back to our feet, and why did he insist we change our name from Sazad? To Olive Groves Foods? Think Jake, think. I don’t trust them one bit and advise you to do same, we need to dig deeper, something fishy is going on here’ Deji answered.

‘Well, I understand your point of view, perhaps the merger is for them to learn our business style, it’s not bad, we’ll equally learn from them, so no one gets cheated’ Jake said.

‘Enough of the Tosins anyway, here comes Moyo, Jennifer’s younger sister’ Deji rose to meet her, she walked with a man, probably one of the guests.

‘Deji! You came, mother has been looking everywhere for you, many of Jennifer’s friend showed up, she was a bit upset that you hadn’t come’ she was surprised to see him.

‘Moyo, how could you say that? This woman was my fiancée, our wedding was to take place in a month’s, I’ve been here all day, I planned to speak with your mum after the guests were gone’ he replied and eyed the other man, there’ s a way his face appeared as he spoke of Jenny.

‘Fiancee’? the man asked.

‘Uhmmm, see you later Jake, let me see him off to the car, one of Jenny’s friends’ Moyo had to handle the situation.

‘Wait, I don’t understand, Jenny was getting married’? Juwon asked, maybe he hadn’t heard right. Was that even possible?

‘Who is he’? Deji wondered. He’d noticed how uneasy Moyo acted when the strange man asked about his engagement to Jenny.

‘I am Juwon Ade, I work at Lynks PR and I’ll love to know your relationship with my late girlfriend’ Juwon said.

‘Oh my god, this isn’t happening’ Moyo muttered to herself.

‘What’? Deji scoffed, it sounded funny. Where did the lunatic escape from? Jenny? His girlfriend?

‘Moyo? What’s going on here? why do you stand there like you aren’t part of this conversation’? Juwon asked.

Jake watched the whole scene quietly. Truly, nothing would’ve been more ironical than this, so Jenny was actually cheating on Deji?
‘Deji, it’s not what you think okay? We have to go now Juwon, it’s getting late’ Moyo tried to drag him away.

‘Get your hands off me this minute, who is this man Moyo? I want to know him’ Juwon insisted.
‘Well, the way I see it, you are the intruder. I’ve been dating Jennifer for some years now and we were to marry but for death, let me show you our prewedding photos’ Deji wouldn’t stand and watch this deluded lunatic stain his Jenny’s name. She was an angel.

‘Save it, here are the pictures I took with her on our vacation last year at Dubai’ Juwon was the first to show the rest his pictures.

‘This is unbelievable’ Jake was stunned, the pictures showed a bikini clad Jenny in the arms of this Mr Juwon. From what he’d seen, they were lovers.

‘Moyo? I don’t understand what’s happening, do you care to explain this to me’? Deji bit his lip angrily. Had Jenny been cheating on him all that while? He’d trusted and loved her more than any other and she had been sleeping with another man.

‘Deji please, this isn’t the time, we’ll talk about this some other time’ Moyo knew the game was up.
Jennifer had been seeing other men while dating Deji, she was well aware of that, though she claimed it was Deji she loved. After Deji proposed and got more serious with her, she’d successfully entangled herself from her other relationships, she’d planned to break off with Juwon before the plane crash.

‘Are you kidding me? So Jenny was sleeping with this tramp’? Juwon couldn’t hold himself any longer. He was angry, she had played him, now she was dead and there was no where he could hurt her. There was no way he could humiliate her for bringing him so much shame.

‘Oh my god, guys, don’t do this here. Honor the memory of my sister’ Moyo became scared.
‘What memory exactly? That filled with lies and treachery? I gave her all my love, yet she did nothing but stab me in the back. She slept with this vermin, this creature from hell’ Deji suddenly felt foolish.
‘Who did you just call a vermin? How dare you’? Juwon moved towards Deji, he had to be thought a lesson.

‘Deji! Stop this, you’re causing a scene, let’s get out of here’ Jake knew he had to intervene.

‘No, let me teach this bastard a lesson’ Deji persisted. He had been a fool all along to think Jenny had loved him the same way.

‘I can’t wait to lay my hands on you, son of a gun’ Juwon replied.

‘Deji, let’s go’ Jake dragged him forcefully.

‘Moyo, tell your sister she’s a bitch and she should rot in hell’ Juwon scowled and left the building.

‘Did that just happen? Or I’m stuck in some kind of dream’ Deji exhaled sharply as they reached the car.

‘I don’t know how to answer that, I’m as surprised as you are’ Jake shook his head. Inwardly, he felt glad his cousin was feeling the same pain he made others go through. The pain of a broken heart, the pain of trusting and getting betrayed.

‘So, our marriage was to be built on a foundation of lies and deceit? Yet I bared my heart to her? I even accused Redeemed of having a hand in her death? I was such a fool’ he closed his eyes.

‘Well, you were also dishonest, you were equally seeing other women’ Jake corrected him.
‘Yes, but I confessed to it. I stopped it. I changed because of her, hell, she was my angel Jake but what the good book says is true’ Deji still couldn’t believe it.

‘And what does the good book say’? Jake asked.

‘Even Demons appear as the angels of light’ he replied.

‘Well, enough for one day, we should head back to Lagos. I guess this recent revelation, would help you get over her faster, as you’ve come to realize, she isn’t worth your tears.’ Jake said.

‘You know what pains me?’ Deji tried to steady his voice, he tried to control the urge to break something.

‘What’?

‘I actually cried for her, when she found I and Riri having sex, I cried genuine tears, she even slapped Redeemed, I stood there, I did nothing, I denied the poor girl, I took her virginity, God, I’m a devil’ Deji rested his head on the car as the gravity of his offence weighed heavily upon him.

‘So what’s your plan now’? Jake asked.

‘I have to ask for her forgiveness’.

5 Likes

Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by Buttersss(f): 8:39pm On Mar 30, 2017
I couldn’t sleep, I had read his text more than ten times. ‘Don’t dress like a stripper’, I smiled as I read the words, was he attracted to me?
The morning birds hadn’t begun their songs neither had the cock crowed when I began to prepare for my new job. I was going to excel at this, I promised myself, I didn’t know much about Henry, but I found myself yearning for his approval, I wanted to please him. he was a good distraction from Deji.

‘What do we have here’? I sighed and fetched my phone.
ZEE: Girl, I heard we’re still working together.
RIRI: And morning to you. Yes, Mr Henry reconsidered me, so we’ll be together.
ZEE: Good. You gotta brace up yourself for his bitchy secretary, I hate her.
RIRI: Really? Why?
ZEE: I don’t know, but from what I hear, they’re sleeping together.
RIRI: Sleeping with Henry?
ZEE: Yes, may be rumors.
That did it, that was enough to swing me to another mood. I shouldn’t have added Zee on my Whatsapp list, she always carried gossips ad I wasn’t cool with that.
I was acting crazy and paranoid, yes, Henry was sleeping with someone, what did I expect? He was such a hot guy and women would stop at nothing to seduce him.
I pressed my hands to my chest as I realized the emotion I had just felt, Jealousy.

Mfon was still asleep by the time I rushed out of house, I didn’t want to disturb her, so I dropped her a note, saying ‘I love you sleepy head’. Zee was right, maybe others also thought we were lesbians.
I waved a cab and slid into the back. I was always lucky to find an empty cab, being alone helped me think, it helped me prepare myself for the day.
I was so drawn to Henry, I decided to google him. He intrigued me and I couldn’t resist this new found obsession.

‘C.E.O, Olive Groves Corporation. Henry Oluwatosin’ I found his name severally on the Olive Groves Facebook page, but I couldn’t find a personal account of him.

‘What if he was a player’? I thought about this. I felt more stupid as the question crossed my mind, what was I doing? This man was my boss and I had to discipline myself.

‘Come this way’ a security man called to me as I was confused. I’d heard about Olive Groves, I knew they had a vast business network but seeing the establishment for the first time awed me greatly.
‘Thank you’ I whispered to the man as he screened me with some machine.

‘Please how do I find Mr Henry’s office’? I asked him sweetly, he didn’t seem like the friendly type.

‘The 30th floor’ he replied without blinking. I licked my lips nervously, I glanced around my environment, I couldn’t count them, but I was sure a more than a thousand cars were parked outside.

I followed the man’s direction and stepped into an elevator. I had taken my time to dress up, I wore my best clothes, brushed my hair and wore my best lipstick, but I felt out of place as I stood with others in the elevator.

‘You don’t belong here’ a voice whispered to me. I swallowed hard, they were all gallantly dressed, suits and tie and polished faces.

‘Who’s stopping at thirty’? a female voice asked.

‘I’ my voice sounded alien to me, I was terrified.
I stepped out of the elevator and found my way to the boss’ office, there was a queue, others were in line to see him. I felt like running out of the building, I was grossly underdressed and they all gawked at me. Did I really need this job? Cause truly, I didn’t belong here.

‘Hi’ I whispered to one f them, he ignored me totally.

I needed to speak with Zee urgently, I needed her around me. I quickly dialed her number and focused on the ceiling.

‘Where are you Zee? I’m on the 30th floor’ I quickly chipped in.
‘I’m in the elevator with a surprise’ she sounded mischievous.
‘What surprise?’ I wondered.
‘Hello’? I repeated but the line went dead.

‘This isn’t a call house, so you better stay put, if you want to see the boss’ all eyes turned on me as I struggled to see the owner of the voice.

‘Me’? I asked the lightskinned lady that was busy filing her nails.

‘Of course, don’t make stupid calls while you’re here’ she repeated. This must’ve been the secretary Zee spoke off, I hated her instantly.

‘Alright time’s up, the boss says he needs to go for a meeting, you can all return after two hours’ she announced as she dropped the telephone that lay on her desk.

Two hours? I wasn’t going nowhere, at least I’ll let him see me, my boss would be upset if I lost the job again, Mr Juwon was a very patient man but he was equally vicious when provoked.

‘What are you waiting for? Join the others, leave’ she eyed me disgustingly, I was the only one standing as others had left.

‘I have to see your boss, I’m reporting from Lynks PR, I’m to resume today’ I replied.

‘It’s like you’re deaf, my boss isn’t going to see you’ she was so confident.

‘It’s okay Tola’ he stepped outside swiftly, and I felt butterflies dance in my tummy. He was more handsome than I’d met him the day before, tall, dark and hard. His eyes were brooding and had a seductive glow in them, his lips were sensuous and I felt drawn to them.

‘But sir…’ she protested.

‘Good morning sir’ I bent my knee and tore my eyes away from his penetrating gaze, he was looking at me, I became very shy as I remembered his text message.

‘I’m happy someone got my message, where’s your partner’? he eyed me mockingly.

‘She would be here soon sir’ I replied still.

‘Good. Like Tola rightly said, I have some important matters to attend to, so I’ll refer you to the head of the media team, Mr Lawal’ he gave me a card.

‘Okay sir…’ I waited for other instructions.

He was about to say something, when Zee walked in and I felt my wound open, her ‘surprise’ had inflicted this wound on me.
Deji followed closely behind.

6 Likes

Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by bossy512(f): 9:39pm On Mar 30, 2017
Nice updates, wehdone ma
Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by queenitee(f): 9:41pm On Mar 30, 2017
What nonsense?who is Deji? Buttersss please take Deji away
Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by Alennsar(f): 9:43pm On Mar 30, 2017
Oh that's bad
Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by vivienD: 10:06pm On Mar 30, 2017
this is going to be bad shocked
Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by Ehmjay(m): 11:02pm On Mar 30, 2017
I Smell rivalry
Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by Nobody: 6:31am On Mar 31, 2017
Pls Kwantinue,bt Pls I Need Update On House Of Secret And Ikada Let Us Know When U Will Be Updating Those Two Storys.
Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by Precial419: 9:14am On Mar 31, 2017
I LOVE WAT U DID TO DIJE AND JENNY. AT LEAST THEY REALISED D PLAYER COULD ALSO BE PLAYED. DO TO OTHERS WAT U WANT DONE U. EVERYONE WANTS TO B A BADASS WHILE HURTING SOMEONE BUT DONT WANT TO BE HURT LOVE THIS. NOW DIJE WILL NT ONLY FIGHT FOR HIS COMPANY BUT ALSO HIS LOVE WIT HENRY. K3P D FIRE BURNING
Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by Nobody: 2:56pm On Mar 31, 2017
wow! intriguing. I'm following
Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by kevwe10(f): 10:13pm On Mar 31, 2017
I hope Riri will not make another mistake,the way she's thinking about Henry weldone nice one
Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by Buttersss(f): 10:10pm On Apr 02, 2017
Seeing him there unsettled me and if I wasn’t strong, I’d have collapsed, I thought I was over me, but his presence had this effect on me. The memories of our lovemaking tormented me, I still remembered that night I’d offered myself to him.

‘Goodmorning sir’ Zee grinned delightedly and walked towards me.

‘Hold yourself, don’t appear weak’ she whispered to me and I took her advice.

‘Why didn’t you tell me about this earlier’? I asked.

‘Cause I know you, you’d quickly disappear, I know you look strong outside, I know you’re still fragile’ she replied and her words cur deep into my flesh.

‘Goodmorning Henry’ Deji said. He had seen me, I was sure of this but he acted like I wasn’t there or I didn’t matter.

‘Mr Williams’ Henry took him in, sized him up, he couldn’t wait to reduce this young man to nothing.

‘So, I heard we are having this meeting, I’m here’ Deji threw his hands into the air.

‘Good. Now let’s go’ Henry was irked by his attitude, who did he think he was?

‘Riri’ Henry called, that startled me, how did he know my nickname? ‘Riri’?

‘Sir’? my lips trembled, I also saw the displeasure on Deji’s face and it pleased me greatly.

‘Report to Mr Lawal, I’ll see you both later’ he said and turned his back.

‘Wow, you’re fast’ Zee winked.

‘What do you mean’? I knew what she was about to say, but I feigned ignorance.

‘Riri? How did he know that? And here I was thinking you backward in the ways of the world’? Zee raised her brows.

‘I don’t know what you’re talking about’ I refused to indulge her, I was still upset with her for not telling me about Deji. What was he doing here? I still remember how he’d asked me not to take up the job at Olive Groves, I needed to know the reason he had come here.

‘If you two are done bickering, get a room, you’re disturbing me’ the receptionist interrupted us with her rudeness.

Zee and I exchanged glares, I was the first to move, but Zee dragged me back.

‘What are you waiting for’? she sneered at us. I took a better look at her face, she was very young, just like me, I guessed her age. She must have been in her early twenties, it baffled me though, why did she have so much anger? And this dark energy encircling her?

‘Honey, don’t do this to yourself, it doesn’t suit you’ Zee blurted out, I almost forced my hand on her mouth but I held myself. Zee was right, Tola looked harmless, but her she had a hellish attitude.

‘Excuse me? Did you just speak to me in that manner’? she dropped the novel she held and faced Zee.

‘You heard me. The way I see you, you were once a very nice person, a sweet girl, who had friends all around her, then something bad happened and you snapped and turned into this horrible person. However, you still have enough time to change your ways, beneath all the make-up you’re wearing, your expensive clothes and perfume, I feel you’re lonely and hurt and haunted by demons. Thank you.’ Zee said.

‘Zainab’? I called her gently. The words she’d spoken had some impact on Tola, like they were true.

‘You don’t know me, so don’t judge me’ her voice shook as she spoke, tears welled up in her eyes.

‘Do you realize we’re going to lose this job? And when we do? Mr Juwon would equally throw us out? I asked as we left for Mr Lawal’s office.

‘Keep calm. Tola is a good person, I can feel it, she’s just wearing a mask’ Zee replied confidently.

‘I hope she’s that good to forgive you. You said yourself she is dating Henry, she holds the aces’ I felt slightly jealous of her.
‘That was a rumour,you know what?’ Zee stopped, a smile played on her lips.
‘What now? What do you want’? I knew she was up to some mischief.

‘I think the boss likes you’ she winked.
‘I guess you know her’ Henry said flatly.
‘Who’? Deji asked, Jake had caught a flu and wasn’t strong enough to join them for the meeting.

‘Redeemed’ Henry replied.

‘No’ Deji replied, what was he getting at?
He’d seen her again, he could read her like the back of his palm, Redeemed was nice, trusting and caring, but he’d been too blind to see it. He had to seek her forgiveness, she had to give him peace.

‘Sure? A little bird told me she was your girlfriend’Henry chuckled.

Deji felt more uncomfortable, was Henry keeping tabs on him? how did he know about Redeemed?

‘Well, let’s get to the point, we aren’t here to discuss my love life’ Deji dismissed him.

‘Why do I have this feeling you don’t like me’? Henry fetched a cigarette and lit it. Deji’s eyes sparkled, so he was a smoker eh?

‘I don’t have to like you to do business with you’ Deji replied defiantly.

‘Wow, the hate is strong’ Henry gazed at him once more, he smoked to relieve him from stress. Tobacco conquered his addiction, no one could know his secret.

‘Let’s get to the point Henry, why do you want my company? I know your plan, you deceived my father, but I have this feeling you wouldn’t keep to your promise’ Deji eyed him angrily.

‘You go ahead of yourself man. All we have for Sazad foods are good intentions, truth is, we want to learn your business ideas and in exchange, we would offer you the loan with no interest after ten years, is that too much to ask’? Henry quenched the cigar.

‘Isn’t it ironic? That a successful business empire like Olive Groves would want to ‘learn’ business ideas from one which is folding up’? Deji raised his brows.

‘In order to be exalted, one must first humble himself’ Henry’s eyes darkened. Deji was too smart for his own good and he would be the first to go.

‘Alright then’ Deji saw the lies written all over Henry, something fishy was going on and he had to stop it.
First, he needed to see Redeemed.
Darling Diary,
I saw him today, after a long while, my heart skipped a beat.
I scribbled on my diary, the day was over, evening had danced its way into the skies. I still found it hard to believe Deji could snub me the way he did at the company. That still hurt me, I still felt hurt, I wished I had listened to my friend.

On the other hand, working with Mr Henry would help me forget him quickly, I secretly rejoiced he was going through pain, I hadn’t forgotten about his dead fiancée.

‘Knock knock’ Mfon stormed into my room.

‘What’s happening’? I sat up.

‘Why didn’t you tell me Redeemed?’she looked hurt.

‘Tell you what’? I asked.

‘That you’re dating Henry Oluwatosin’ Mfon said.

‘What? What are you talking about’? I wondered.

‘Zee just came, she told me all about it.’ She replied.

‘And you believe her? Don’t mind that crazy girl, what’s she doing here by the way’? I wondered. Zee was totally out of her mind.
We moved to the livingroom together and found her seated on the couch, looking all sweet and innocent.

‘Devil’ I muttered, why would she tell such a lie?
‘I was just pranking,I got bored, Dee’s flu got worse, so I decided to come over here, I hope I’m welcomed’ she smiled.

‘Sure, let me get back to the kitchen’ Mfon was disappointed, she’d expected more gist.

‘Have you told her about him’? Zee asked.

She was getting me riled up, why couldn’t she mind her business?

‘Who’? Mfon arched a brow.

‘I don’t want to talk about it, you should respect that. Give me space’ I blurted angrily and returned to my room.

‘Gee, I hit a nerve’ Zee had never seen Redeemed that way.

‘Hey what happened at the office, who did she see’? Mfon asked.

‘Deji’ Zee answered.

‘Oh my God, that’s bad, what is he doing there? Is he stalking her or what’? Mfon asked.

‘That’s why I’m here, I asked around, got some information, I came to tell Riri about that and I’ve angered her in the process.’ Zee rose to her feet dejectedly, she hadn’t meant to upset Riri in any way.
‘I’m sorry about that, she could be that way at times. So tell me about it’ Mfon settled in a chair.

‘Deji’s company is having problems, so he needs some help from Mr Henry. The two companies have been merged together, so we’d be seeing Deji very often, that’s why I came, she needs to prepare herself for this’ Zee explained.

‘That’s bad and she isn’t in the right mood to talk’ Mfon rubbed her chin thoughtfully.

‘Why don’t you join me in the kitchen, let’s talk some more? She’ll stop sulking after few minutes?’ Mfon added.
‘Alright then, you’ve saved me from boredom.

I was not happy with the way I’d spoken to Zainab, she didn’t mean any harm, though I couldn’t deny the fact that she talked a lot, she was a loose cannon but I had no right to speak to her like I did.

Tears clouded my vision, he’d turned me into this fragile thing, I was hurt and broken with no one to mend me. My hatred for Deji returned more strongly, and I cursed him underneath my breath, he would never find love, I offered it to him and he tossed it aside.

I let the tears flow freely, I didn’t stop myself from sobbing. I felt better each time I cried, when I was done, I checked my buzzing phone, I had a message.
‘I will kill him’ I read the words aloud, I tried checking out the identity of the sender but I couldn’t find it.
‘What’s this’? fear gripped me, I decided to show the girls the message.

3 Likes

Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by Buttersss(f): 10:12pm On Apr 02, 2017
‘How was the meeting son’? his father asked. They had settled for supper and to discuss business.

‘He knows too much. He knows our intentions are not pure, we should take him out before he jeopardizes our plan’ Henry answered.

‘You mean the Williams boy’? his father asked.

‘Yes, Deji Williams, we need to kill him, if he uncovers our plan, we are finished’ Henry gestured with his hands.

‘No, he stays alive’ the man ordered.

‘Father, I saw his eyes, they were laced with curiosity, he would know our secret’ why couldn’t the old man listen.

‘That isn’t your problem, if we kill him now, the Williams would trace it to us, the merger ends ten years from now, it’s too early to kill. Let’s gain their trust and acceptance, that way, we’ll win. Rule 2, don’t start what you cannot finish’ the old man poured himself some wine.

‘Alright father, I’ve heard you, do what you want’ he gave up.

‘You don’t look fine, when last did you see your doctor Henry? I need you hale and hearty’ the man observed his beloved son. This son of his, would have been most perfect if not for his bizarreness, his cravings for things that weren’t ordinary.

‘I shall see him soon’ he gulped his own drink.
‘Alright dear son’.
‘I have to go now father, I have a visitor’ he rose to his feet and stormed out of the dining room, Tola had come, they had enough to discuss.
‘I will Kill him’ I showed the girls the message.

‘Well, maybe it’s not for you, it could be a mistake’ Zee waved it off, but I could tell she was scared.

‘That creeps me out honestly’ Mfon voiced her thoughts.

‘You know what scares me? I was actually thinking of harming Deji when this text came into my phone, this is scary, what should we do’? I inhaled deeply. All thoughts of harming that bastard fled my mind as we had bigger things to handle.

‘Nothing’ Zee rubbed her palms nervously.
‘Huh’? I rolled my eyes.
‘We do nothing. It’s just a message. I feel it’s a mistake. So just relax’ Zee added.

‘I hope so’ I whispered. I’d never had such an experience.
Minutes later we all sat watching a soap opera, ‘Tinsel’, I never really enjoyed it, but I had no choice, that text had unsettled me. I had this feeling, it was for me, but who sent it?
The phone vibrated rigorously on the table, it was as if the world had stopped. The girls had stopped laughing and were now staring at it, like a piece of bomb was about to explode.

‘It’s a text message’ I whispered.
‘Don’t let him in, he is no angel’ my heart raced as I read the text, I was in serious trouble.
‘Now that is really scary, let me see’ Zee took the phone from me.

‘This reminds me of ‘desperate housewives’ I rose to my feet. In that movie, a woman had been leading a peaceful life, till she started receiving strange letters, her life was never the same.

‘Hey, stay calm, nothing bad would happen to you.’ Mfon walked up to me.
We returned to watching Tinsel like nothing had happened, we hadn’t watched for ten minutes when our doorbell rang, I almost died from fear.

‘Are you sure we should open that’? perspiration poured on Zee’s face.

‘Yea, it’s 8 P.M already, who’d want to visit us now, are you expecting anyone Riri’? Mfon asked, I shook my head in answer. I was morbid with fear.

‘Who’s there’? I asked when the bell rang another time.

‘Deji. Please open the door. Let me in.’

‘Deji’? we chorused.

‘I think we should wait, remember the words from the text, what if it isn’t Deji, what if a criminal has come to kidnap you’? Zee sounded serious.

‘Don’t let him in, he is no Angel’ I repeated the words.
‘Well, we’ll have to open that door eventually, we better do it now’.Mfon rose up determinedly and pulled the door apart.

‘What are you doing here’? from the look on her face, I realized Deji had truly come. My fear gave way to anger, why had he come?

‘Please just give me five minutes, I swear I’ll go away after that’ he fell on his knees.

‘Sorry, my friend doesn’t want to see you, so you could get your sorry ass out of here’ Mfon made to shut the door at his face but her prevented her.

‘Please Mfon, just listen to me, I know I hurt your friend real bad, please’ he begged.
‘I can’t believe this’ Zee rolled her eyes.

My eyes brimmed with tears, he’d made love to me like I was the only woman in his world, then he’d tossed me aside like I was some toy.

‘Please, don’t turn me away’ he begged.

‘Mfon…’ I called her, I had to see him, I needed to look him in the eye and ask him what crime I’d committed.

‘Are you sure about this’? she wasn’t comfortable letting me see him.

‘Yes’ I nodded.
‘Alright’ she patted me on my back and left the room with Zee.
I stared at his face, the face of the man that had deceived me into loving him, he was crying but they were crocodile tears.
‘Redeemed’ he called my name, I didn’t answer, I just stared at him.
‘I know I’ve wronged you greatly, I’ve hurt you very deeply and if you decide not to forgive me, I’d totally understand. I need your forgiveness, please, I’m sorry’ his voice was husky with emotion.

‘Wronged me’? I scoffed, that was too small to describe the gravity of his offence.

‘Please, forgive me’ he begged.

‘Well let’s make this brief, I heard about your dead fiancée, guess what? She was equally cheating on you, I guess you found that out and you felt guilty, that’s why you’re here. You’re not here cause you really mean it, you’re here cause you have lost your peace, you’ve discovered the truth, your Jenny was equally playing you. So like the bastard you are, you realize I am the only person that could offer you that, so, you’ve come back to ‘use’ me once again’ she scoffed.

‘How did you know this’ Deji was startled, how did she know Jenny had been a cheat?
‘Let’s say, the other man she was shagging is my boss, your five minutes is over, goodbye Deji’ I shut the door to his face.

4 Likes

Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by Rukkydelta(f): 10:54pm On Apr 02, 2017
Riri please be strong
You will find a good man
Neither Deji or Henry deserves you
Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by Adesina12: 11:06pm On Apr 02, 2017
Very interesting and getting hotter

Keep it coming OP

Sweet popcorn for you.
Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by vivienD: 12:39am On Apr 03, 2017
I don't like this Henry of a guy
Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by hpymoment(f): 7:14am On Apr 03, 2017
I sincerely love dis story, looking forward to more updates frm u. Plz don't keep us waiting grin
Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by marychommy(f): 9:03am On Apr 03, 2017
nice update. what is Henry suffering from does killing makes him happy. why re mine having dis feeling DAT Tolu has d knowledge of what Henry is suffering from
Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by Chummypinky(f): 11:41am On Apr 03, 2017
please who is tolu?.......nice work ma,when is next update coming
Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by queenitee(f): 2:34pm On Apr 03, 2017
Awwwn,my riri
Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by Lolsd: 6:16pm On Apr 03, 2017
sweet riri .... I am so scared for riri nd how come henry is bad aunty rose u just broke my heart.
Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by splendidiva(f): 7:40pm On Apr 03, 2017
na ur pillow go suffer am nw
Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by Buttersss(f): 9:34pm On Apr 03, 2017
‘So, what else on Deji’? Henry lit a cigarette.
‘Good eve sir, I couldn’t find anything else, he was dating Redeemed Akpan and he lost his fiancée in the Dara plane crash’ Tola answered.

‘Good. Good. So he was dating my princess?’ Henry laughed softly, he would use that to his advantage.
‘You like her’ Tola said.
‘Yes, I do like her’ Henry replied, he couldn’t wait to get her into his bed. He couldn’t wait to bleed her like the others.

‘What happens to us’? Tola asked.

‘Nothing. You keep doing my bidding and we would not have problems, but if you fail me, you know the consequences’ he rose up and walked towards her.

‘I own you, you know that’? he yanked her by the hair and she let out a soft cry.

‘Yes, you own me’ she cried.

‘Good. I have another job for you’ he set her free.

‘I need you to have sex with Deji Williams, get into him, I need information’ Henry ordered.

‘Yes, I will do as you’ve said’ she nodded fearfully.

‘Good. Slave.’

Her words still haunted him, but they were true, that prolonged his torment. He’d humiliated her and acted like she didn’t matter, he only felt truly remorseful after he’d discovered Jenny had been dishonest with him.

‘What’s on your mind’? Jake had decided to move in with his cousin, just to help him wallow through that dark period in his life.

‘I’ve been a very bad person Jake, would God ever forgive me’? Deji asked.
Never in his life, had he seen Deji so remorseful, this equally pricked him, this was the moment of truth, he had to tell his cousin about the feelings he harbored for Jenny and how he’d turned to snitching.

‘God forgives all types of sin, provided you forgive your fellow brother’Jake paused.

‘No, I feel there’s no redemption for me, if only Redeemed could grant me pardon, I’d be the happiest man alive.’ He was hopeless.

‘I was the one that told Jenny you’d be seeing another woman that day, that was how she caught you and Redeemed, I am really sorry bro, I just didn’t like the way you treated her and I’d felt she was so into you, I really cared about her too’ Jake was sober.

Deji was silent for a while. He was a bit disappointed in Jake, but that was the past, at least his offence was nothing compared to the emotional trauma he’d put Riri. She gave him her heart, he could see she meant well for him, she adored him, yet he cast her aside.

‘Say something Deji, I am truly sorry’ Jake persisted.

‘It’s okay, I guess you did it for a good reason. Now I need Riri’s forgiveness and I don’t know how to go about it’ he said.

‘Have you me her yet’? Jake asked.
‘I just returned from her place, she shut the door to my face, I don’t even know where to start from, she really hates me, I could see it in her eyes’ Deji recounted his experience.

‘Of course, what did you expect? You have to persist, don’t let go, you broke her heart, it’s your job to fix that. If you really need her forgiveness, fight for it’ Jake advised.

‘Thanks man, I’ll work on that’ Deji replied and fetched some documents from a file that lay before him.

‘What are those’? Jake pointed at the files.

‘Everything I need to know about our Company. I spoke to Henry today, he’s filled with so much lies, something is up, they know something about our company that we’re oblivious off, and they want to use it to their advantage’ Deji was quite sure of this.

‘And what could that be exactly’? Jake’s face showed derision.

‘I don’t know, I can’t place my finger around it, but it’s something big and we need to get it before they do.’ Deji ignored the look on his cousin’s face. Jake probably thought him crazy, but he wouldn’t back down.

‘What if you don’t find anything there?’ Jake wondered.
‘I won’t give up that easily, I’d keep looking’ he answered.

‘Goodluck and goodnight’ Jake left for his bed.

‘Goodnight’Deji repeated.
Once Jake was gone, he suddenly felt alone, reality dawned on him, his life was empty and meaningless, work was just a cover up.
He’d slept with many women, yet none had magnetized his heart the way Jenny had done, but right there, he erased her from his memory, she was never worthy of his love, Redeemed was, but it was too late for him.

‘Riri’ he drawled her name, Henry had called her that, how did he know? Were they seeing each other? He suddenly became curious.
He reached out for his phone and quickly recalled he’d blocked her from all his social network platforms, how foolish he’d been.

‘Step one’ he sighed and began the unblocking process.
I hadn’t slept well the previous night, I couldn’t explain what was going on in my life. First, I’d resumed work and my admiration for Henry had grew, then came the strange text messages and the arrival of Deji.
He’d cried while apologizing, I couldn’t deny that had softened me a bit but I just couldn’t face him, he’d fooled me, he’d only wanted my body and he only showed remorse cause Jenny was dead and she’d been cheating.

‘Still thinking about him’? Zee drawled, she’d slept over, we hadn’t talked much after Deji’s departure cause I was too hurt to speak to anyone, and she understood this and gave me space.

‘Not really, I’m just confused’ I replied.

‘Honey don’t tell me you’re considering it, you cannot forgive a guy like Deji, who knows if he plans to get back into your pants? If I were you, I’d never speak to him again’ that was Zee’s advise.
‘I would be a fool to take him back’ I replied coolly. That was the truth, only a fool would take a man like Deji back into her arms.

‘So, did you receive any text message this morning’? she asked.

‘No, I hope not, they scared the hell out of me’ I replied.

‘I told you, just mistakes, you wouldn’t receive them again’ she rose from the bed.

‘So what do you think about Henry’? I asked.

‘I think you like him, he seems nice, then again, you have to be careful, we don’t know much about this guy’ Zee suggested.

‘I think I’m crazy. I just came of a relationship and here I’m I thinking of another guy. I’m supposed to be unhappy’ I blurted out.

‘Funny. You’re unhappy, that’s why you thought of Deji this morning, you don’t just let the unhappiness get to you’ Zee chuckled.

I was silent for a while. She seemed to me a genius, she knew me so deeply and I wondered how she did because we were never close.

‘Psychology’ she drummed her fingers on the table.

‘What’? I rolled my eyes.
‘I majored in Psychology back at the University, before I dived into public relations, so I’m good at studying people’ she said.

‘You’re really a magician to know what I was thinking’ I marveled.
‘No, I’m not, you’re just too easy to read. You are a nice person, kind and your soul is pure’ she tapped my shoulder and left for the bathroom.

‘Nice person, kind, pure soul’ I repeated her words and smiled as I logged into facebook, her words boosted my self esteem. I suddenly felt like an angel, my day was going to turn out fine.
Something pricked my heart, I saw a friend’s request from Deji. I toyed with the idea of accepting him, but that would be a mistake, I couldn’t speak to him, I couldn’t give him that chance, he was my enemy. So like he did me, I blocked him immediately.

We arrived the office early, we had met Mr Lawal on Henry’s order and he’d described our job expectations to us. It was quite easy but required much research and creativity, that wouldn’t be a problem I decided, Zee and Dee had always handled that aspect fine.

‘And here is my ugly duckling’ Zee whispered as we neared Tola’s desk.
‘You don’t have to be cruel Zee’ I answered. The girl wasn’t wearing make-up, she looked pale and weak, like she suffering from a plague. She wasn’t her usual cocky and arrogant self, in fact, she pretended not to hear Zee.

‘Goodmorning Tola’ I smiled warmly.

‘Morning Redeemed’ she returned my smile and I was awed,so she actually smiled?

‘I never knew you smile’ Zee voiced my thoughts and the girl frowned. I knew Zee would get us into trouble one day.

‘The boss would like to see you Redeemed’ she said. Tola eyed Zee angrily, did she have to rude? Fine, what she’d said the day before was true.
She hadn’t always been this arrogant and rude person, it all started when she met him. if only the world knew the secrets she kept, if only they knew how hurt she was, they would understand, her arrogance was only a masque to hide her pain and fear.

‘See you later then’ Zee winked. I understood what her wink meant, ‘Be careful, and I nodded.

‘To you, learn to relax, you’re too uptight when you aren’t rude’ Zee flashed Tola a smile before leaving.

‘Is your friend always like that’? Tola asked, I knew Zee had made her uncomfortable.

‘Don’t mind Zainab, she’s a very nice person’ I replied.

‘I’m yet to see that’ Tola rolled her eyes.
‘Okay then’ I smiled and moved towards Henry’s office. What Zee said was quite true, Tola wasn’t as mean as she looked, I wondered what had turned her into a Jezebel, then again, we all had our cross to bear.

I rapped on the door twice. I suddenly became nervous, why did he want to see me? Sweat broke out on my forehead and fingers and I hissed within me, I had to relax, he wasn’t going to bite.
‘Come on in, door is open’ his honeyed voice invited me in and I walked in gingerly.

‘Good morning sir’ my voice was shaky, I couldn’t describe my feelings when I set my eyes on him, could there have been any other man more perfect than Henry Oluwatosin?
Deji had been handsome but nothing compared to Henry, his cuteness was incomparable and fiery.
He wore a denim on a deep blue shirt, with a golden necklace that had a symbol of a hawk at its center. His eyes till held their seductiveness and his mouth that mocking line. I wanted this man for myself.

‘Riri’? Henry smiled to himself, he knew he had this charm that drew women to him, but he hadn’t expected her to fall so easily. From what he could see, she was already lost in his arms and he would do well to send Deji a message, he was still in charge.

‘Yes sir, I’m sorry sir’ I quickly recovered from ogling him. I felt slightly embarrassed as blood rushed to my face. I wished for a covering to hide my face. I had mentally undressed this man, when had I become so vile?

‘It seems your mind is somewhere far from here? have a seat and share with me your thoughts’ he beckoned to me.

‘I’m in trouble’ my mind said, he’d caught me looking at him.

‘Hey, feel relaxed, I don’t bite’ he reached out for my hands and caressed them gently. That action sent sparks flying right into my belly, what was he doing to me?

‘Uhmmm, I wasn’t thinking of anything in particular’ I lied and pulled my hand away.

‘Sure?’ his eyes were mocking, I nodded in answer.

‘Alright then, let’s talk about your work’ he shrugged and lifted a file.

‘Okay sir’ I replied feeling disappointed, was that why he’d called me?

‘Redeemed…’ he called me once again, this time he worked towards the door and locked it.

‘Yes sir’ I watched him, what was that about?

‘I know you’re new here, but you came strongly recommended by your boss and I know you’ll do anything to make him proud’ Henry started.

His father had always thought him the ruthlessness that came with being a business man, he was about to act on his words. Tola was plan A, Redeemed was plan B. That way, Sazad foods would be theirs, no arguments, no lawsuits, rightfully theirs.

I didn’t say a word. Whatever he wanted discussing with me, was highly confidential, I could sense it and this meant much to me, so he trusted me to that extent?

‘I’ve watched you very closely, for the few times we’ve met, I like you as a person, you’re a very attractive girl and I wouldn’t lie I fantasize about you’ he paused to see my reaction.

My mouth felt dry, I blushed once again, did he want to ask me out? My heart raced, I’d gladly say yes.

‘I feel you’re someone that could be trusted, you’re nice, kind and you have a pure soul’ he said and I was startled. Zee had spoken those same words to me.

‘Are you okay’? he noted the confusion on my face.

‘Yes’ I quickly nodded.

‘Good. I need you to do something for me, I wouldn’t coerce you by any means, this is about me and the legacy my family has built, I like you, I don’t know if you like me, but I really need your help’ he fetched my hands once again and squeezed it.

I was touched my his words. So he liked me? My heart fluttered.

‘I’ll do anything within power to save your company sir’ I felt determined to help him.

‘Good then. Take a look at this’ he offered me a file.

I ran my eyes through the paper, I didn’t understand the business terms used, only one name caught my attention, Sazad Foods. That was Deji’s family property.

‘So how can I help with this’? I found his eyes on me, I could see his adoration in them.

‘You didn’t understand those words did you’? he chuckled at my ignorance.

‘I didn’t’ I smiled, he had a good sense of humor.

‘Well, what I’m asking is risky, but I’m ready to pay you, anything you want. Olive groves and Sazad foods have been merged but there’s a problem and it’s coming from the Williams, they’ve refused to submit the original deeds of their company to bind our agreement, without this, this merger is invalid. I’ve spoken to Mr Deji Williams who’s representing the family, but he isn’t being cooperative’ he paused again. This time, the words sunk in deep.

I looked at him with startled eyes, did he know what he was asking of me? To steal those documents from Deji?

‘You have to help me, please’ he fell on his knees.

‘Please stand up’ I couldn’t bear that. I was still confused, why me? I had so many questions but I couldn’t ask them. Henry seemed sincere, knowing how coy and cruel Deji was, I knew he would do anything to harm the progress of Olive Groves. I now understood why he didn’t want me working for Henry.
An evil thought crept into my head, this would be the perfect time to repay the idiot in his own coin.
‘I need your help, their land belongs to us, and I intend to take it back. I could have done that legally but knowing how dangerous Deji Williams was, I knew many lives would be lost, so I’d pulled back’ Henry pleaded. From the way her features softened, he knew plan B was settled, next, he would put fire in Tola’s ass, she needed to play her part, more information was needed.

‘I would help you sir’ I said boldly, if only he knew I and Deji were dating, this would be so complicated, but I was ready for revenge.

‘Thanks Riri, this stays between us please. I’d do anything you want, just help me’ he pulled me into his arms.

I hadn’t expected that action but it felt good, he smelt good and I felt like being in his arms forever.

‘I promise, I wouldn’t fail you’ I lifted my head to him.

‘One more thing, call me Henry and I have a little gift for you’ he smiled sweetly and I felt my legs melt. I could do anything for this man.

‘Excuse me sir, uhmmm, Henry, I have to see this’ my phone buzzed and I checked to see who it was, it was probably Mfon, she was always the last to wake.

‘Don’t do it, sounds very convincing’ as I read the words, I could feel my heart race, someone was stalking me.

‘Excuse me sir, you have a call from your father’ Tola rushed into the office, we exchanged glances briefly, I saw the way she looked at me. She was jealous.

‘I’ll return his calls later’ Henry dismissed her.

‘Have this pretty’ he handed me a box.

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by Buttersss(f): 9:35pm On Apr 03, 2017

Deji was glued to his phone, she had blocked him, even when he tried calling her, he realized she’d blocked him equally. This increased the burden of his guilt.
‘So what did you find’? Jake asked. He’d told his cousin to stop being paranoid, the Tosin’s had no evil intentions, they were just being helpful.

‘Nothing to implicate Henry, that doesn’t mean I’d give up, I’m still looking’ Deji replied.

‘Does that have a thing to do with your downcast look’? Jake arched a brow.

‘I wish it did, It would’ve been much more easier’ Deji answered and that was the truth. How would he ever live with himself? should Riri refuse his wish?

‘What is it then’? Jake asked.

‘Redeemed blocked me, she wouldn’t talk to me’ he answered dejectedly.

‘So you still have hope for her forgiveness? You did a grave thing to her, I wouldn’t lie to you Deji, that chic may never forgive you, so just forget her and move on. In your next relationship, treat the woman nicely and God may just forgive you’ Jake said.

‘That’s cruel, I need her forgiveness, I feel God is punishing me.’ He sighed.

‘Hey, don’t be too hard on yourself, if you’re truly sorry, she’ll forgive you.’ Jake patted his shoulder.

‘Alright then’ Deji relaxed on the couch and was intrigued by the lightskinned beauty that had just sent him a facebook request.

TEMITOLA: Hello Deji, do you mind accepting my request? I like you already.

‘Interesting’ Deji smiled and checked out her profile, she seemed very familiar, he’d seen her before.

TEMITOLA: Thanks a bunch
DEJI: Welcome angel, you got nice pictures.
TEMITOLA: Awwww, thanks darling, you too, you’re such a cutie
DEJI: Wow thanks, you seem very familiar, have we met before?
TEMITOLA: Yes, I saw you in my boss’ office and I liked you instantly, you’re a very handsome man.
DEJI: Wow, your boss? Where was that exactly?
TEMITOLA: Olive Groves Corporations.

That did it, that was for him to jump to his feet, Olive Groves? That name haunted him.

‘What now’? Jake was startled.

‘I don’t know if this is God’s design for me to take our company back’ Deji closed his eyes shut, he now remembered, Temitola was the receptionist he’d seen at the office.

‘What are you talking about’? Jake asked.
‘Henry’s receptionist just sent me request and we’re chatting right now, she said she likes and admires me, isn’t that awesome?’ Deji smiled.

‘Awesome? What’s awesome about that? Does she know about your track record with women? I doubt it’ Jake scoffed.

‘Hey, this isn’t the time to guilt trip me, we can use this to our advantage. I could get information out of her, she is God’s sent to me, say whatever you like’ Deji ignored his cousin, who’d become a pain in the butt.

‘Information? God save you, the Tosin’s have nothing evil against us for the umpteenth time, it’s you who wants to start a war’ Jake differed.

‘Why I’m I even telling you this? You’ll all thank me later’ Deji walked away angrily.

‘I’m sorry, I’m just saying the truth! You’re crazy’ Jake laughed. What if his cousin was right? What if Henry actually had a plan?

‘Just shut up Jake’ Deji shut the door behind and continued his chat with Temitola, his new friend.
DEJI: That’s wonderful, so tell me about yourself?
TEMITOLA: I’m Tola by name, I love making friends, I love watching movies and I hate loud people.
DEJI: Wow nice, same here, I love making friends too, can we meet up?
TEMITOLA: Sure. When and where? Can’t wait to spend time with you.
DEJI: Wow, I’m equally happy we’ll get to see each other.
TEMITOLA: Cheers!

‘I’ll get you’ Deji grinned mischievously.

‘You are awfully quiet, how was work’? Mfon asked. I had returned from work earlier with Zee, there was no much work to be done and she was having cramps, so we left for my house.

‘I thought I was the only one that noticed’ Zee grunted in pain.

‘Sorry darling, just take the tea before it’s cold’ Mfon rubbed her arm.

‘Nothing. I’m just in a bad mood’ I lied, I didn’t want to let my friends in on my plan, because I knew they’d dissuade me. This plan was just too sweet for me to miss out on, first, I could gaun Henry’s attention and I could get to hurt the man that humiliated me, using a stone to kill two birds, that was what I yearned for.

‘You’re such a liar’ Mfon grinned. She knew me inside out.

‘Okay, there’s something I want to tell you guys’ I decided to distract them, they would never know about my plans till I was done.

‘And what could that be? Did you kiss your boss today’? Zee drawled.

‘More than kissing, we had sex, and went to heaven’ I growled.

‘You’re joking right? How did you guys even do that with Tola around? That’s his main chic you know’? Zee wouldn’t let me be.

‘Drop the act, you know I’d never do such, he gave me this…’ I brought out the parcel, I’d not opened it yet, I should’ve done so but seeing that message terrified me. I wondered if I should let my friends in about it, what would they think?

‘This is beautiful and it’s made of crystal, this guy likes you’ Mfon lifted a crystal blue necklace from the parcel with the same design as his’, a hawk in the middle of it.

‘Hawks are never a good sign’ Zee grabbed it from Mfon and fingered it.

Her words didn’t sit well with me, why was she always analytical?

‘It’s lovely though, expensive and beautiful for a Cherie like you, Mr Henry is in love with my friend’ Zee winked, but I could see the disapproval written all over her, I wasn’t interested in pursuing that. I had to focus, my plans had to see the light.

‘So, what else? Did he ask you out? Tell me more, I’m so happy for you’ Mfon beamed with smiles. I knew she’d be happy, after Deji hurt me, she got so scared I could never be myself.

‘Not yet, but I think he likes me, let’s see what happens’ I smiled and hung it on my neck.

‘Hawks were never a good sign’ Zee’s words haunted me, I recalled the words of the text, ‘He seems very convincing, don’t do it’.

‘Phew’ I sighed, not even those messages would deter from my plans, I knew someone was trying to play tricks on me, I don’t know why, but I felt Zee was somehow connected to the text messages. I’d find later.

I had my plans, and visiting Deji was the first.

‘So how are your plans going? Have you made a move yet’? Henry swirled round and faced her.
‘I have, I set up a meeting, in an hour, I shall be with Deji Williams’ Tola replied.
‘Good. Good. That settles that, you’re a pretty girl Tola, use it wisely, I promise to make you very rich when I start my own company, you’ll be in charge of one of the departments, it’s a promise’ Henry walked up to her and caressed her face. He had his plans, once Riri and Tola had played their part, he’d step in and make himself the richest man in the world.

‘Okay sir’ Tola replied. One look at the bastard made her sick, how had she entangled herself in all these? It was too late to run, too late to cry for help, if she dared to leave him, her whole life would be ruined.

‘One more thing, Tola’ Henry wore a crooked smile.

‘Yes sir’? she waited for him to speak.

‘Don’t do anything foolish, don’t betray me else I make your life miserable, you’d wish for death but it wouldn’t come. So be smart and play safe. Deji is the enemy not I’ he said.

‘Thank you sir’ Tola inhaled deeply. She had no option than to get what he needed from Deji, she had to find a way to succeed or she’d commit suicide. From the way things were going? She’d considered the latter, severally.
He had made up his mind, he would pursue her till he got her forgiveness, but that could wait for the night. He had other pressing issues to attend to, Tola for example.
They’d set up a meeting at a secluded bar, that would afford them privacy from people that could know her, he needed substantial information about Henry, but first, he had to act cool, like he harbored no suspicions against Henry.

‘What would you like sir’? A waiter came with the menu.
‘Just give me beer for now, waiting someone’ Deji replied dryly while staring at her picture. She was so innocent and pure, she couldn’t harm a fly, yet he’d inflicted so much pain on her.

‘Look who we have here’ Tola had put on her deceptive veneer. Maybe working for Henry this last time would help her gain freedom.

‘Temitola’? Deji rose to his feet, she was even more beautiful in person. She wasn’t tall, she was average, very lightskinned and pretty.

‘Deji, you look swell’ she pinched his cheeks.

‘Thanks honey, you are an angel, allow me’ he played the charmer and kissed her fingers, they were slender and long, reminding him of Riri’s.

‘So tell me, is this how you meet women from social media? So easily’? Tola asked.

‘Nah, there’s something you though, you’re different and that bought my interest’ Deji smiled.

‘Really? I’m glad you like me, I like you very much, though we’re just getting to know each other, I feel we’ll be very good friends’ Tola rubbed his arm in a very suggesting manner.

‘No problem, I’m always open’ Deji smiled. Women like Tola were rare, she was flirting with him, what surprised him was this, he wasn’t moved by her beauty or sex appeal, he was just numb. His old self, would’ve been very delighted to have a woman like her throwing herself at his feet.

‘I’d Bleep you all night’ he would’ve spoken those words, before he changed, but now, he was a new person, and he’d vowed not to return to his old ways. Sitting right there with such a bold woman made him slightly irritated, they’d just met for crying out loud and she was already suggesting they sleep with each other. Something wasn’t right.

‘What’s on your mind?’ Tola asked, he was thinking about her, she could feel it, but she couldn’t read his thoughts.
‘Nothing, just staring at your beautiful face’ Deji smiled.

‘Good. You’d be seeing a lot more of it’ she smiled and they both laughed.

‘So, what would your boss think of this? Us dining together? He doesn’t like me very much’ Deji said, trying to create conversation about Henry.

‘Oh, well, it’s my life though, what makes you think Mr Henry doesn’t favor you?’ Tola asked.

‘I just feel it. You know my family owns Sazad foods and we merged with Olive groves, we argue a lot on many things’ Deji gulped his drink, liquor toned his lying skills.

‘Oh, a merger? I never heard of that, not yet, what do you plan to do’? she swallowed hard, what Henry had asked of her, was not as easy as she’d thought.

‘What I plan to do’? Deji arched a brow.

‘Oh I’m sorry, that didn’t come out right, I just have this headache, do you mind if I use the ladies’? she rose to her feet, she needed to clear her head, she needed a strategy.

‘Alright love, I’ll be right here waiting for you’ Deji smiled.

‘Yes baby’ she rose to her feet, she hadn’t walked far from their table when something crashed behind her, she turned and found a broken bottle.

‘Bleep you all, Bleep you and you and you’ a drunk man had thrown the bottle.
‘Hey, are you all right’? Deji had rushed towards her.

‘Yes I’m fine, he really scared me and that would have hurt me badly if it’d landed on my head.’ Tola was shaken, she wished she could punch the drunk man’s face.

‘He is so drunk, I’m sorry, hurry to the bathroom, we should get out of here’ Deji said, he didn’t want any trouble.

‘Uhmmm, let’s go back to our table, I don’t want to use the ladies’ anymore.

‘Okay then’ they both walked back.
Security men had been alerted and they’d rushed in to capture the drunk man, he kept swearing at them.

‘No, it cannot be’ Tola whispered, he was supposed to be dead, Henry had told her about it, but she was wrong. Berger Tosin was back in town.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Wole Soyinka With Founding Members Of Pyrate In 1952 (Throwback Photo) / KINGS 3(7 Days Of Chaos) / "I'm" Or "Am" - Why Are We Such Careless Users Of The English Language?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 170
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.