Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,321 members, 7,780,796 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:25 PM

Meet The Richest Man In All History , African King Musa Keita - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Meet The Richest Man In All History , African King Musa Keita (1146 Views)

Meet The Air Peace Crew That Flew In The Medical Supplies From Turkey(photos) / Nigerian Man In Canada Shows His COVID19 Lockdown Palliative / Jeff Bezos: Flying Fox Mega Yacht Rumored To Be Owned By World's Richest Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The Richest Man In All History , African King Musa Keita by klanny: 8:06pm On Jan 08, 2017
African King Musa Keita I is thought to be the richest person of all time — “richer than anyone could describe,” reports Time. His wealth was incomprehensible , He is richer than Bill gates ,Mark zuckerberg in fact any richest man that forbes has published as the richest Musa is richer than them all .

Musa Keita I came into power in 1312. When he was crowned, he was given the name Mansa, meaning king. It is said that Mansa Musa had conquered 24 cities, each with surrounding districts containing villages and estates, during his reign.
Mansa Musa was in charge of a lot of land. To put it into perspective, he ruled all (or parts) of modern day Mauritania, Senegal, Gambia, Guinea, Burkina Faso, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, and Chad.

His wealth was made known to the world during 1324 pilgrimage to mecca, crossing a distance of nearly 4000 miles. His procession reportedly included 60,000 men, including 12,000 slaves who each carried four pounds of gold bars and heralds dressed in silks who bore gold staffs, organized horses, and handled bags. Musa provided all necessities for the procession, feeding the entire company of men and animals. Those animals included 80 camels which each carried between 50 and 300 pounds of gold dust. Musa gave the gold to the poor he met along his route. Musa not only gave to the cities he passed on the way to Mecca, including Cairo and Medina, but also traded gold for souvenirs. It was reported that he built a mosque each and every Friday.

But Musa’s generous actions inadvertently devastated the economy of the regions through which he passed. In the cities of Cairo, Medina, and Mecca, the sudden influx of gold devalued the metal for the next decade. Prices on goods and wares greatly inflated. To rectify the gold market, on his way back from Mecca, Musa borrowed all the gold he could carry from money-lenders in Cairo, at high interest. This is the only time recorded in history that one man directly controlled the price of gold in the Mediterranean.

After reigning for 25 years, Mansa Musa died in 1337. He was succeeded by his son, Maghan I. “The king’s rich legacy persisted for generations and to this day, there are mausoleums, libraries, and mosques that stand as a testament to this golden age of Mali’s history.
His wealth is estimated at $400 Billion.

http://www.klannyblog.com/2017/01/meet-richest-man-in-all-history-african.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet The Richest Man In All History , African King Musa Keita by ruggedadventure(m): 8:20pm On Jan 08, 2017
Re: Meet The Richest Man In All History , African King Musa Keita by TheCongo2: 8:31pm On Jan 08, 2017
According to the Bible, King Solomon was the richest in mankind history (2 Chronicles 1:11-12 )

11God said to Solomon, "Because you had this in mind, and did not ask for riches, wealth or honor, or the life of those who hate you, nor have you even asked for long life, but you have asked for yourself wisdom and knowledge that you may rule My people over whom I have made you king, 12wisdom and knowledge have been granted to you. And I will give you riches and wealth and honor, such as none of the kings who were before you has possessed nor those who will come after you."…

New American Standard Bible
Re: Meet The Richest Man In All History , African King Musa Keita by OYAY(m): 8:32pm On Jan 08, 2017
This is alarming and expedition at its peak! But there was nothing like Nigeria as at then it could be the northern part of the river niger area which is the present day Northern Nigeria. In all this is educative and an insight to the fact that Africa was not a totally backward region from inception.
Re: Meet The Richest Man In All History , African King Musa Keita by sweettease(f): 8:40pm On Jan 08, 2017
African King Mansa, an African, tautology! tongue
The post is interesting though cheesy
Re: Meet The Richest Man In All History , African King Musa Keita by duullie88(m): 8:50pm On Jan 08, 2017
MANSA musa
Re: Meet The Richest Man In All History , African King Musa Keita by cue64: 10:38pm On Jan 08, 2017
the two richest people in history, are, King Solomon and Ghengis khan....
Re: Meet The Richest Man In All History , African King Musa Keita by Rapahel1116: 12:30pm On Jan 09, 2017
Serious lie.... The richest man ever in the world is Solomon

(1) (Reply)

Pls How Do I Get To Ayo Jagun Street ,lekki Phase 1 From Ketu / Tell Me Your Uber Experience At Murtala International Airport / BREAKING!!! Dozens Burnt To Ashes While Scooping Fuel From Fallen Tanker(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.