Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,278 members, 7,780,640 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:19 PM

Can 500k Organise A Moderate Wedding In This Economy? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can 500k Organise A Moderate Wedding In This Economy? (2139 Views)

Cost Of Court Wedding In Nigeria / I Caught Her Cheating, Wedding In Two Months, Should I Go Ahead Out Of Pity? / Woman Crushed 4 Days To Her Wedding In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can 500k Organise A Moderate Wedding In This Economy? by profoslan(m): 8:12pm On Jan 08, 2017
I'm thinking of doing my wedding with not more than 500k.

My people with experience your insight is needed.
Re: Can 500k Organise A Moderate Wedding In This Economy? by omogidi234(m): 8:38pm On Jan 08, 2017
Sir. There is no amount of money you spend that would be enough for wedding ceremony. Just make up your mind that you want to spend N500k. Do your budget and don't budge.

5 Likes

Re: Can 500k Organise A Moderate Wedding In This Economy? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jan 08, 2017
Wow this is serious! Some pple spend dt amount on the wedding dress alone.

Let me see how to help u out. For the wedding as a whole, u can cut costs by

1) doing the engagement & church ceremony on the same day.
2) fixing d date on a weekday. This will reduce crowd.
3) instead of an elaborate ceremony, just do a court wedding in full wedding attire, invite only immediate family & have a dinner party after. Ur pastor can bless ur rings before u take it for the court wedding.

For a normal wedding; The main aspects of a wedding are:

1) venue - try and get it free. You can use a field wt canopies or school hall while they're on holiday.

2) decor - check online for home made wedding decor. Ur creative family members can get busy wt this.

3) entertainment - spend money on a good MC, alaga iduro & DJ. This makes d party interesting.

4) food & drinks - get family friends, aunties & uncles to bring cooked food to d reception. Crate of minerals, cartons of malt, dishes of soup, dishes of rice, dishes of pounded yam etc. you can spend money on meat, chicken & takeaways urself. Parties are organized like this all the time in America. By the time 20 pple show up wt their own food, party is set.

5) wife's dowry/luggage - spend money on this. Within ur budget though.

6) outfits - u definitely have to buy ur suit & ur wife's gown & all other clothes u guys are wearing. Do not do aso eni, instead pick a striking colour like pink or yellow so everyone looks coordinated.

7) favours - u can make homemade wedding favors (google is a friend) & put them in customized bags. Or instead of giving out favours
Mc

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can 500k Organise A Moderate Wedding In This Economy? by Bisjosh(f): 8:44pm On Jan 08, 2017
After the church wedding ceremony just do take away and give guests

No reception embarassed
Re: Can 500k Organise A Moderate Wedding In This Economy? by AntiWailer: 9:23pm On Jan 08, 2017
500k on party and food ?
Re: Can 500k Organise A Moderate Wedding In This Economy? by samtol4(m): 9:56pm On Jan 08, 2017
The wedding is not for people but for you and your wife . Three vital event in the life of a man ; Naming ceremony / birth ,burial and wedding . For the first two you have no say on how the event will b but your wedding is yiur wedding . A tight budget is a must. It is insane to spend more than your saving for wedding and it is disastrous to borrow for wedding ceremony.

1 Like

Re: Can 500k Organise A Moderate Wedding In This Economy? by NoToPile: 10:00pm On Jan 08, 2017
Yes
Re: Can 500k Organise A Moderate Wedding In This Economy? by Mimzyy(f): 10:14pm On Jan 08, 2017
It is actually more than enough IMO[b] if only you can cut your coat according to your cloth.[/b] You might end up not even spending the entire money. The wedding will end and you and your new wife will be faced with reality so please don't go out of your way to please guests except you can really afford it and you're not expecting so much in return.

2 Likes

Re: Can 500k Organise A Moderate Wedding In This Economy? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jan 09, 2017
It can only organize a very small wedding

Plan around 350K because at the end of the day you will spend the balance 150K on what you cannot account for
Don't plan for reception do takeaway packs

1 Like

Re: Can 500k Organise A Moderate Wedding In This Economy? by Acidosis(m): 4:26pm On Jan 09, 2017
Where are you based?

Here is the trick:

1. Do not spend on a venue; many churches allow intending couples to make use of their auditorium and environ freely for Wedding & Reception.

2. Do not hire a DJ/Live Band unless you're holding your wedding in a remote town. Your Church choristers would do that well and FREELY.

3. Do not pay any caterer. Many Nigerian moms have more than enough party pots and accessories in their kitchen. I bet a lot of women from your Church, family, etc., would do that FREELY. That's how it's done in my place. Just ensure you get a good supervisor, preferably, your mom. Buy disposable plates, hire an industrial gas, and let the cooking be done at your backyard.

4. Your wedding, traditional, and every other thing you can think of should be done in 1 DAY! Do not hold an elaborate traditional wedding. Time should be 7 am - 8:30am. White wedding: 11 a.m - 12:30 pm, and reception follows at same venue.

5. Pay a very very very good yet affordable photographer. See, the beef, the rice, the drinks, and all would be consumed in a day... Everyone would eat your expenses and pass it down into their respective toilets and septic tanks. However, your photographs will live on!

6. If you involve your family and your local Church, you won't have problems. In fact, you'd see people that would freely convey everything to the venue with their car, their fuel.

Where I come, everyone puts resources together to celebrate the celebrants, in fact, most times, our parents spend more than the couple on the event.

A Wedding shouldn't scare willing and able men. A wedding ought to be an event where friends and family would gather to celebrate two lovers; not an event where social media planners and Channel E mu.mu. crowd followers will scare men away with their unending useless showers.

7. So what are you spending money on? Your nice wears, photograph, cake, raw food materials (bag of rice, oil and ingredients), drinks (nonalcoholic), traditional rites, beef/chicken.

8. Post the wedding ceremony, visit your Church and show your appreciation. Appreciate the Choir, the Ushers, the Decoration crew, and of course, your Pastor.

At the end of the day, it is YOU and your WIFE.

Events like this are reasons we have Churches around, but because of our insatiable and useless needs we see on secular, corrupt, sinful and useless yeyebrities, we run away from the Church so we can dress like Kardashian, drink to stupor like uncontrollable animals, and smoke like f00ls in venues outside the Church and faraway places where Pastors won't see us.

Because we reason like animals, we now find it hard to solve the problems we create by our f00lishness.

7 Likes

Re: Can 500k Organise A Moderate Wedding In This Economy? by killsmith(f): 5:06pm On Jan 09, 2017
Following
Re: Can 500k Organise A Moderate Wedding In This Economy? by jmoore(m): 8:13pm On Jan 09, 2017
50,000 naira is enough for your wedding
Re: Can 500k Organise A Moderate Wedding In This Economy? by womanofsteel: 8:36pm On Jan 09, 2017
It is more than enough even with reception and paid venue
Re: Can 500k Organise A Moderate Wedding In This Economy? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jan 09, 2017
profoslan:
I'm thinking of doing my wedding with not more than 500k.

My people with experience your insight is needed.
Below is the breakdown budget of the under
N500k Nigerian wedding:
Wedding Attire for Bride & Groom
Wedding rings (bride + groom) – gold or
gold plated (GL) N15,000.00
Borrow/ rent a used or pre-owned
wedding gown, bouquet, veil N20,000.00
Bride’s shoes N7,500.00
Bridal Accessories: earrings, necklace
etc N10,000.00
Bridal beauty: Hair/ Nails/ Makeup
N15,000.00
Groom’s Shoes N15,000.00
Groom’s wedding suit N15,000.00
Groom’s Accessories (e.g cuff links,
belt, flower boutonniere/ pocket
handkerchief) N15,000.00
Groom’s Grooming (e.g haircut, beard
shaving) N2,000.00
Stationery & Souvenirs
Invitation cards & program printing
N10,000.00
Souvenirs to gift guests N25,000.00
Reception Venue & Decoration
Venue (space is a free backyard) N0.00
Venue rentals (canopy tents, chairs etc)
N50,000.00
Decoration: venue decor, bride n
groom’s cars N10,000.00
Reception Food & Drinks
Wedding Cake (caterer costed this at
N150/ piece for each guest) N15,000.00
Food (at (N1000/ serving) N100,000.00
Drinks/ Juice/ Water (at N200/ guest)
N20,000.00
Reception Entertainment & Visuals
Photography (No videos; only photos)
N40,000.00
Master of Ceremony (MC) – done by a
friend/ family member N0.00
DJ only (no music band) N20,000.00
Miscellaneous N80,900.0

http://naijaglamwedding.com/example-wedding-budget-500k/

2 Likes

Re: Can 500k Organise A Moderate Wedding In This Economy? by profoslan(m): 9:27pm On Jan 09, 2017
Im really encouraged with all this ideas.
God bless you all.

(1) (Reply)

Beware. It Is Snake Season!!! See Pics / How I Lost My Life Saving. / Etiquette for A Perfect Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.