Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:43 AM

How Would You Celebrate Sallah - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / How Would You Celebrate Sallah (4318 Views)

Over 200,000 Lagosians Gathered To Celebrate 2014 Lagos Countdown (photos) / As October 1st Approaches, How Will You Celebrate This Great Country? / How Did You Celebrate Your Independence Day? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Would You Celebrate Sallah by Kwarafact: 3:11pm On Nov 23, 2009
Sallah is here again.
How will u celebrate it?

I will share mine with all my Ex. because we are still good friends. I got all of them to become friends. and it's going to be serious drama on sallah day for me. the 15 of them agreed to come except 3 who are out of the country. hope u will have a good one too. grin
Re: How Would You Celebrate Sallah by Gettolove(m): 3:46pm On Nov 23, 2009
i will eat meat and forget all my problems
Re: How Would You Celebrate Sallah by tanimz(f): 3:47pm On Nov 23, 2009
Have a family reunion and share memories and ofc, eat meat!!
Re: How Would You Celebrate Sallah by Nezan(m): 4:01pm On Nov 23, 2009
Travel home for re-union.
Re: How Would You Celebrate Sallah by FFA: 4:02pm On Nov 23, 2009
is it friday and monday?
Re: How Would You Celebrate Sallah by javalove(m): 4:19pm On Nov 23, 2009
wud be going home. . .
Re: How Would You Celebrate Sallah by wales(m): 4:21pm On Nov 23, 2009
I will Drink and Eat. grin grin grin
Re: How Would You Celebrate Sallah by Pelummy(f): 4:29pm On Nov 23, 2009
i wl sort tins out
Re: How Would You Celebrate Sallah by Nobody: 4:36pm On Nov 23, 2009
Insha Allah, I will leave Lagos for my hometown in Offa, Kwara state on Thursday morning. The whole family from different parts of the country, full house, will be bubbling Thursday evening, so we'll have enough gists and gists, jokes, family re-union, etc.

Friday, sallah proper, the whole family go to eid(praying ground)  in a convoy of at least four cars. After eid, then the rams killing and other related activities. Then Jum'at prayer. Sallah day evening, to go out and see old friends that also came home for sallah. More and more gists till late in the night when I'll retire home.
Saturday, to go and see my 'Hajia-in-process' in Ilorin grin
Sunday, back in Lagos insha Allah.
Re: How Would You Celebrate Sallah by blapo(m): 4:45pm On Nov 23, 2009
Yet to decide,
Re: How Would You Celebrate Sallah by igbalajobi: 5:37pm On Nov 23, 2009
May ALLAH is His infinite mercies preserve our lives beyond this Sallah & many more years on the surface of the earth. For all brothers & sisters travelling, May He preserve you to & fro your journey. May He give us the grace to celebrate in good health, Taqwa, peace & Risq. Allahuma ameen
Re: How Would You Celebrate Sallah by nexstorm(m): 5:39pm On Nov 23, 2009
E WA ME I DONT HAVE MONEY TO CELEBRATE SALLAH O.WHO WULD INVITE ME OVER.
Re: How Would You Celebrate Sallah by nethacker(m): 5:40pm On Nov 23, 2009
Gettolove:

i will eat meat and forget all my problems
Seconded.but me will add bigstout and enof babes  grin grin
Re: How Would You Celebrate Sallah by harmeenut: 5:44pm On Nov 23, 2009
It's going to be a new experience for me. First time in my life time celebrating not with my father, Mama & siblings but with my husband family. Looking forward to it. May ALLAH preserve our lives for many more years to come.
Re: How Would You Celebrate Sallah by AloyEmeka6: 5:54pm On Nov 23, 2009
How many times do muslims celebrate this sallah in a year?. Id el fatir, id el kabir,  Id el sallah, Id el Nairaland etc and all come with 2 public holidays each. It must be expensive to be a muslim since you have to keep up with these feasts. Just roast the ram.
Re: How Would You Celebrate Sallah by tanimz(f): 6:01pm On Nov 23, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

How many times do muslims celebrate this sallah in a year?. Id el fatir, id el kabir,  Id el sallah, Id el Nairaland etc and all come with 2 public holidays each. It must be expensive to be a muslim since you have to keep up with these feasts. Just roast the ram.

What a question (hisses) Muslims only celebrate twice and who told u that its expensive to be muslim?
Re: How Would You Celebrate Sallah by ddiamond(f): 6:16pm On Nov 23, 2009
God willing, i will share it with mt family and the third day i go de ojude ode for ijebu ode ogun state for all the thing de sele for there with my guy,
Re: How Would You Celebrate Sallah by tanimz(f): 6:18pm On Nov 23, 2009
d.diamond:

God willing, i will share it with mt family and the third day i go de ojude ode for ijebu ode ogun state for all the thing de sele for there with my guy,

Thats the same thing I did last year!!!
Re: How Would You Celebrate Sallah by Jibson999(m): 6:43pm On Nov 23, 2009
Tseeeew. Iv been celb sallah since i was a kid and its always d same routine.Go to eid, slaughter d ram. Sit down at home watching ma pops or helping ma mum at her store. Kai i no fit shout happy sallah to all ya.
Re: How Would You Celebrate Sallah by nickybayo(f): 7:00pm On Nov 23, 2009
will be dragged 2 eid {with an empty stomach}, get home to eat then hang out with my friend
Re: How Would You Celebrate Sallah by deols(f): 7:02pm On Nov 23, 2009
This is one of the times i miss home.@ least if only to eat meat tire. But Alhamdulillah I av Nigerian Muslim friends who make things happen.Insha Allah, after going for the prayers, we'll slaughter our ram prepare some Nigerian dish and go out and have fun!
Re: How Would You Celebrate Sallah by AyubaAbu: 7:54pm On Nov 23, 2009
o Boy, that one na normal thing na, u don't no, as 4 me ooooooooooo, i go shaye that day no be small thing oooo, and swagga go they 4 me that they and i will also go out with my wife i.e my girl friend,

Thanks
Re: How Would You Celebrate Sallah by tolly4real(f): 8:05pm On Nov 23, 2009
omg! i miss 9ja badlyyy. well just sit at home with my husband watchn movie probably on utube
Re: How Would You Celebrate Sallah by koyuid(m): 8:39pm On Nov 23, 2009
Travelling 2 ilorin on thursday morning, eid on on friday, planning on having BBQ
Re: How Would You Celebrate Sallah by hazh(m): 1:46am On Nov 24, 2009
happy Sallah!
clebrate with care
Re: How Would You Celebrate Sallah by dammit4u(m): 5:13am On Nov 24, 2009
will celebrate with my muslim frindz
Re: How Would You Celebrate Sallah by planet(m): 8:15am On Nov 24, 2009
I will be in lagos celebrating with my wife and two kids. Not travelling this year to my Edo home state.

All - Any ideas of a programme and venue for a family event? Journey mercies to all travellers and a very refreshing Eid celebration to all.

Barka Sallah (in advance)
Re: How Would You Celebrate Sallah by Shinatu: 8:21am On Nov 24, 2009
Jarus:

Insha Allah, I will leave Lagos for my hometown in Offa, Kwara state on Thursday morning. The whole family from different parts of the country, full house, will be bubbling Thursday evening, so we'll have enough gists and gists, jokes, family re-union, etc.

Friday, sallah proper, the whole family go to eid(praying ground) in a convoy of at least four cars. After eid, then the rams killing and other related activities. Then Jum'at prayer. Sallah day evening, to go out and see old friends that also came home for sallah. More and more gists till late in the night when I'll retire home.
Saturday, to go and see my 'Hajia-in-process' in Ilorin grin
Sunday, back in Lagos insha Allah.

This is worth looking forward to!
Re: How Would You Celebrate Sallah by Nobody: 9:18am On Nov 24, 2009
go fightin'
Re: How Would You Celebrate Sallah by grtppl: 12:15pm On Nov 24, 2009
alhamdulillah for witnessing the big sallah again. we should not forget about fasting on the day of arafat i. e. on thursday as it wipes away sins commited last year.

as for me i will leave lagos for my village on thursday morning, go to eid on friday with my brand new attire and come back to slaughter my ram, enjoyment don start o, barka de sallah
Re: How Would You Celebrate Sallah by azeezengr(m): 12:58pm On Nov 24, 2009
It's a pity how selfish and how childish most of us live our life, So nobody is talking about widow, motherless, or orphan in this celebration. For me, I have gotten a widow that me and my family are going to celebrate with here at Gwagwalada, And guess what it will be a double reward for us as she & her kids will be happy, my wife, kids and self will also be happy coupled with d fact that we shall get reward 4m Almighty Allah. Lastly remember to fast on Thursday-the day of Arafat because Allah do answer supplications specially on D Day.BARKA DA SALLAH!!!
Re: How Would You Celebrate Sallah by Nobody: 1:20pm On Nov 24, 2009
azeezengr:

It's a pity how selfish and how childish most of us live our life, So nobody is talking about widow, motherless, or orphan in this celebration. For me, I have gotten a widow that me and my family are going to celebrate with here at Gwagwalada, And guess what it will be a double reward for us as she & her kids will be happy, my wife, kids and self will also be happy coupled with d fact that we shall get reward 4m Almighty Allah. Lastly remember to fast on Thursday-the day of Arafat because Allah do answer supplications specially on D Day.BARKA DA SALLAH!!!
Very great advice there. But you could have said it milder. Visiting the widow, motherless, orphans, etc are no doubt very rewarding and meritorious, but failure to do is not a SIN. It is therefore harsh to call anybody that doesn't have that as part of his/her sallah plans selfish.

You could have reminded and advised us to remember to do such meritorious acts, just as somenody advised and reminded to fast on Arafah day, rather than going that harsh.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Come Wish Luxanne a happy birthday / Send Your Shout Out To Anyone On Nairaland / Get A Website For Your Upcoming Wedding With Online IV.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.