Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,725 members, 7,805,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:28 AM

Cold - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Cold (38872 Views)

Cold Heart In Love / Cold But Charmin / Stone Cold (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cold by MhizDherbee(f): 10:25pm On Jun 06, 2017
Great story!!!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Cold by BlissfulJeff(m): 5:15pm On Jun 08, 2017
pls more update bro

1 Like

Re: Cold by Nedlog(m): 7:02pm On Jun 08, 2017
Re: Cold by Chipappii(m): 9:00pm On Jun 10, 2017
The weather was gloomy from the rain that had fallen the previous night and the cold still sent it chills against the skin. Nancy sat on the chair with a kind of amusement watching Jaycee deal with the hairs that had crowded his chin in recent times.

"It's amazing how much hair one can grow in so little time," he muttered and slid the blade against his chin.
"I think you look good in it," Mary commented and kept on watching him like it was her ritual. She had loved him as a boy and still love him as he was growing into a man. He still had that boyish smile behind those mass of hairs and though he kept the hairs unkempt for a long time, it took nothing out of him nor out of the love Nancy had for him. He was her only family now and it went both ways. He had only her too and maybe Oscar.

"Do you think he will recognize me behind all these?" he asked, circling his beards with the shaving stick.
"Williams?" Nancy asked and he shot her a look and shook his head.
"No, August."
"Yes, you are still the silly old you plus beards," she replied and earned a smile from him, one she returned. He couldn't smile without drawing her into it. They had stayed back in shadows at St Mathews all the time, never intending for it to drag so long but it did and they couldn't help it. He brushed off excess hair from his face and walked to her. He stooped and faced her where she sat.
"How many years had it been? A hundred?" he smiled and creased his brow. "Still I can't get over that adoring look in your eyes, the one that have kept me going even when I just want to buckle up and die."

She smiled a beautiful smile, one that the years had added to her other pretty features and she did look very pretty. Her light blue eyes behind the long lashes made him weak with affection each time she cast them on him. She shut him up with her lips and he responded, falling back into the couch with her leading him in between her laps. The boyish expression, the smile in his eyes and lips, she could never get enough each time.

Oscar cleared his throat loudly and they stopped. They looked at him and he grinned.
"Sorry to interrupt but have got news."
August stood up and faced him, hands akimbo.
"Sup bro, why let the hairs go?" he asked, observing the trims he had done on the once bushy beard.
"Well, she said it got in between our kisses," he smiled at Nancy and she cast him a glance, one she always did whenever he lied on her head.
"Okay now, I said no such thing," she defended. " I kinda liked the beard though."
"So is my beard the news?" he asked.
"No bro, something much more important."
"I hope it is, for you to interrupt us. We were gunning for a baby of our own." he said with a grin, Nancy faked a cough.
"I'm hungry, that's it," he said and moved a few inches away from them, trailed by Jaycee's eyes.
"One wonders how you have managed to survive so long, I should have killed you already," August said and stood erect.
"Because you love me bro."
"I had better make breakfast," Nancy declared and got up from the couch. There was an air of approval between the two famished guys. She made her way out of the sitting room and Jaycee faced Oscar.

"Well?" he asked with a creased brow. Oscar shook his head.
"Couldn't reach him, his phone didn't go through."
"So?"
"Well, I don't know. Maybe we should give him sometime before we call him again."
"Well, I just felt I should remind him that he had a family here. Wouldn't like him to forget his folks."
He moved to the a chair and sat on it's arm. He looked up at Oscar.
"You know it's just me and him," he muttered.
"And Williams too," Oscar added.
"No, I am going to kill Williams. It would be just me and August, now, I can't even reach him."
Their worries seemed to fade temporarily away with the smell of Omelettes coming from the kitchen.

Williams lighted another Cigar and flicked the burnt match away. He dropped both his legs on the table and rotated sideways on the chair. He took occasional looks at the wall clock. Stanley was supposed to be there an hour earlier and he waited patiently. The time ticked 10:35 am and his door slid open. Stanley walked in, clad in heavy perfume and his neck rigged with shinning chains.

"You are late," Williams reminded him and dropped the cigar in the almost full ash tray.
"I know, been busy with the boss," he replied and moved over to a seat, opposite to the one Williams sat on.
"Cool, so what did he say, am I in?"
"Well, he'll be glad to have you in his team but you'll have to be patient," he paused and gauged Williams expression. He saw nothing, he just sat there, looking at him. "Well, see, he would like to evaluate you himself but then, he won't be around till next two weeks. That's when you will see him."
"Fine, just need to get busy. Been idle for a long while," he said and picked up his still burning cigar from the ash tray.
"Still got some cigar?" Stanley asked and heaved himself up, stretching his hand to take the packet he was handing over to him. He pulled a stick and lighted it, sticking it into his waiting mouth.

"Soon bro, we would have the whole of Georgian to ourselves with st Mathews as our foot stool. Very soon." Stanley declared dreamily and shut his eyes, biting at the cigar between his lips oblivious of the burning stare that William was lavishing him with.

He sat on the bed, examining the gun over and over again. He blinked hard to let the mist of tears clouding his eyes go down his cheeks. They were blocking his views. He rubbed the back of his hand his nose and sniffed. He dropped the gun on the bed and ran his hands through his head.

He could never stop thinking of her. In his mind, he traced out the string of blood that ran down the side of her mouth, her nose. The dead look in her eyes as she stared back at him, the once beautiful blue eyes, all pale and cold and lifeless. Her smooth skin, all white. The memories hurt him as he stood up and ran to the wall, punching away at it and not feeling the pain or the blood as they covered his knuckles.

"Mary!!" he yelled and fell to the floor, pulling at his hair and sobbing violently.
"I loved you, Bleep I loved you and you had to go," he sobbed and sniffed severally.

Marcela watched him pace the room and noticed he looked out through the window once in a while, like he was expecting visitors. He rarely looked her way and when he did, he barely spent time on it. She tugged at the rope on her wrists and her efforts went futile. She wriggled and jumped against her restraints, the chair only moved few inches with her body still strapped tightly to it.

"Please stop, you are only going to wear yourself out," he murmured and took a seat facing her. Her eyes shot at him from where she was tied and he saw all the hatred she could never speak out in them.
"You have beautiful eyes, I love beautiful eyes," he said and moved closer to her, stooping and looking her straight in the eyes.
"She had a beautiful set eyes too, Mary. Your brother killed her and all that beauty. Wasted," he announced. She whimpered and cast him a pitiful look. He smiled and shook his head.
"You know her right? Mary?" he asked and she nodded.
"You know your brothers killed her right?"
She shook her head in the negative. He smiled again.
"Don't matter though. People have always paid for crimes they knew nothing about. Like Mary, killed just because of a little fight between your brother and the boy she loved."

He went back to the chair and sat on it. Caressing the glock he had laid on his laps. The door to the room opened and a boy came dragging a body inside. Their trailed mapped on the floor by the blood that was coming out of the body. Marcela made out her father's stature and shook where she was tied, making muffled shouts. She could only tell it was him by his short, stout frame. His head was one bloody, disfigured mass of flesh.

"He wouldn't die, had to club out his head," Chris explain and Garvey nodded. He imagined Chris having a go at the helpless man with a golf stick. He was a good golfer and always had his stick handy.

"Thanks for the help man," Garvey said and he grinned.
"Don't worry bro, been dreaming of this day for a very long time. Since the day the man slapped my mom and told my dad he can't do shit about it."
Garvey smiled and turned to face Marcella again whom her eyes was heavy with tears.

Victor heard the clock chime seven times and tried to open his eyes. He realized it wasn't easy. He tried again and it was impossible. He tried rubbing his eyes with his hands but they would never move. He pulled his hands with all his strength but nothing happened. He only felt the rope holding his wrists together. He realized he was also sitting and not lying on a bed.

Garvey pulled the blindfold from his eyes and smiled.
"Good morning," he greeted with a fixed smile, leaning to be on the same eye level with him. "I really have to admit that you sleep like a dead man. Worked the rope on you all night and you didn't even blink."
Victor tugged at his restraints, trying to make a dash for Garvey but was held down by them. The ropes were stronger than he was.
"Don't stress it bro, I have good enough experience with ropes, that comes from years of camping and making tents." he smiled again, he did that often, and stood erect. "Someone wanted to meet you if you woke up."
He moved to a seat at the corner and sat on it.

"You told me nobody was going to do shit about you killing us, that your father owned this town. You only care about yourself, about who you are and what your father is. You could have asked who I am, you could have asked who the Bleep is August Donatti and you could have asked what would happen to you if you messed with someone I loved." August walked to his face and stood before him. He let him absorb the shock and surprise of seeing him stand there, alive. He moved closer to him on the chair he was tied to and tore off the mouth gag.
"You took something from me. Something I cherished so much. You took a family from me and now, yours are going to pay dearly for it."

"Matt's back bro," Garvey said, looking through the window.
"Well unlock the door, he should be able to just walk in."
Garvey walked to the parlor and pulled the bolt to the front door open.

Victor cast August a pleading eye and whispered an inaudible word.
"I can't hear you," August whispered and stooped.
"Please," he repeated faintly and August smiled.
"I watched you helplessly that day, I begged you to leave her out of it. I said 'Please leave her out of it'. Now it's your turn to watch me murder everyone you love and feel so helpless about it all."

Matt walked in slowly, followed closely by Garvey, the glock glistening in his hand. He stopped when his eyes met August's. He let his mouth drop and switched gazes between his tied brother and August.
"You two shouldn't have let me live," August said.
"We can settle this man," Victor muttered and pleaded with his eyes. August gave him a side look, one that sent the chills down his spine.
"What did you say fool?" he asked.
"We can settle this, as boys always do," he repeated slowly, aiming not to displease him. August walked to where he sat and sent him crashing to the ground with a fierce kick to the chest. The chair to which he was strapped crashed from impact and he rolled to the side.

"We will settle it, not like boys do but my own way."
Chris walked in on them, pushing Marcella before him, her hands tied behind her and her mouth gagged. Her face was a swollen from crying.
"No, August not her. She had nothing to do with this," Matt pleaded.
"Yes, Mary had nothing with it, Jeane too and Harry, they were freaking innocent too," he replied coldly and raised his gun, pointing it at Marcella. He didn't think twice about it. He squeezed the trigger, twice. She fell long before the gunshots died down. Matt dashed at him with furry and he caught him on the left leg with one shot. He tripped to the ground and held his ankle, from where the blood sputtered out.

"I would have just shot you but you wouldn't feel the pain that I have felt. I want you both to absorb it, all the pains I went through and the ones still ahead cos I will never ever forget what you took from me," he stopped and sniffed, his eyes moistened as he stared at the two brothers on the floor. "I am going to give you the chance that you never gave me."

He pointed his gun at Matt's unharmed right leg and pulled the trigger again. He yelled from pain, almost covering the sound of gunshots that followed. Victor lay flat on the ground, dizzy with excruciating pain biting at him from where August had shot him in the leg.
"I am going to set this house on fire and you have little time to make it out. Good luck and your time starts now."

"Just so you know bro, Matt called me that night, after they had shot you. I wouldn't have been able to save you if he didn't tell me, " Garvey informed him as they walked out.
"A mistake he made. He shouldn't have let me live. If not for them, Mary would still be alive, Harry Jeane too."
They walked out of the already smoking building, the clattering fire rising above the wailings of Matt and Victor. From afar, everyone watched the building burn, waiting on the firemen. August watched with watery eyes, battling with the thought of the night he had watched his family wiped out. He became conscious all of a sudden, of the duty he owed to his dead family, Jaycee, Maria, Joseph. He kept replaying that conversation in his mind.

"Remember who took your brothers from you," Oscar's voice kept replaying his head. His lips quivered severally and from it, he was able to for two words, a name.
"Jaime Rodneck," he whispered with the fire in his eyes.

http://gistrealm..com.ng/2017/06/cold-44.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: Cold by Chipappii(m): 9:05pm On Jun 10, 2017
"I have no where to go, if I don't die at St Mathews, I will be back here but first, I have unfinished business to settle."
That was all he told Garvey. He had bid him goodbye and had left him with only his bag strapped to his side. He had made his decision between love and duty. A duty he had chosen himself. His family came first, they were connected by blood and the blood ran through every single vein in his body. He had loved Janet when he was with her and when they parted, he loved Mary and had loved her more than he had loved Janet, but Maria, Joseph, Jaycee, nobody came close to his tender heart as they had done. They were his family.

He looked around what was once their home and recollected what was left of the tattered memory of when he was still a child in Maria's hand. Where she would cuddle him and yell at Jaycee for making him shed a tear until he was grown to have Jaycee as his best friend. The memory of him fighting his father over the last piece of meat in his meal and how he always won him over it and how his mother had rocked him to sleep in her arms. The memories all rushed at him at the speed of light. He turned to Oscar and shook his head to rid his eyes off the moist that had gathered in them.

"Do you think that I will ever forget them, that I will ever be normal again?" he asked and Oscar shook his head.
"Such things just doesn't go away like that."
"I have to do what I have to do to keep a little of my sanity. They can't be dead while their killers live," he ran his hand through his hair and looked at Oscar. His eyes scared him.
"Do you have a gun?" he asked and Oscar pulled one out. A .48 and handed it over to him. He walked to the door and covered his head back with a hood.
"When and Where are we meeting again?" Oscar asked.
"Must we meet again? When I'm through, I expect to be in my grave or back at New York," he replied.
"You shouldn't be talking about death now, you are too small for that."
"I've been through things most kids only see on movies. Death is too small compared to those things."
"Well, Someone would love to meet you. Someone you will definitely love to see," Oscar said.
"Who?" he asked.
"Someone very important to you, he wants to keep it a surprise. Just stay alive and you may just smile again."
"Well, I will meet you at the church cemetery by 12am. If I am a second late, then forget about me," he said and turned for the door.
"Don't be late then," Oscar said after him and he nodded, walking out of the door.

August stared at the house from a little distance. Nothing much had changed since he left. He tried to make a picture of what a 14 year old Janet would look like and failed at it. He could only see the little face that had loved him as a child. One that he had loved back. He caressed the glock tucked in his waist and walked briskly to the front of the house, much different from whom he was the last time he was there. He raised his hand to knock and paused. He heard voices inside the house. He could never mistake Jaime's voice and Kate's. The cheerful third voice he placed to be Janet. It was a kind of music to his ear.

He rapped on the door. Three mechanical knocks and waited, not sure of what to expect. He raised his watch and it's luminous hands gave the time as 9:59 pm. The door opened as he dropped his hand to his side again and he stood face to face with a young girl of his age. He wished he could smile but it was not the time for it. It was a different August that had come home.

"August?" Janet called softly, tears gathering round her pretty face. He moved towards her and she moved back to let him in. She fell into his arms in warm embrace and held tightly onto him. He closed his eyes and opened them again and called out her name slowly.
"Janet."
She let him go and moved back to frisk him. She had missed him all those while and never believed he would ever be back home.
He turned and his eyes met Harry's and Kate's staring at him.
"August," Harry called.
"Hello," he replied, shooting him daggers with his eyes. He didn't want to like him a bit, it would make his mission difficult. The room was engulfed with deadly silence for a few seconds.
"You are back, what about Harry?" he asked, observing his cold countenance.
"Dead," he replied.
"What do you mean dead?" Jaime asked, shocked by the answer and the way he had given it.
"He got shot by some guys I pissed, Mary and Jeane too. They are all dead," he informed, fighting back the mist that was growing in his eyes.
"Did you kill them?" Kate asked, her eyes full of hate for the black boy. She had always thought he reeked of evil and bad luck.
"No, some guys that I pissed off."
"And you live?" Jaime asked, Janet stared at the new August she had never known. It scared her at the realization that she may have lost the August that she had loved and waited for.
"No, I merely breath. There is nothing left for me, except the desire to do what I have to do."

They stared at each other in silence for a long time. It wasn't much of a wonderful reunion. He looked at Jaime and bit his lips.
"Jaime, that night at the farm house. My brother Joseph, it was your shot that killed him, right?"
The question dropped on the quiet house like an atomic. It was the last question Jaime had expected from a boy his age, one that he thought he had groomed to overcome the vices that St Mathews had instilled in him. He thought of Harry, he assumed August couldn't be totally innocent.
"August, what happened to Harry?" he asked.
"Same thing that happened to my brothers," he said and took a few steps towards Jaime and Kate. "Maria, Jaycee, Joseph, Jeane, Harry," he swallowed hard and called out her name last. "Mary!! They were taken from me and I fucking loved them!" he pulled the gun from his waist and raised it at Jaime. Kate and Janet let out a gasp.
"August don't," Janet begged, walking to where he stood. He never for once moved his eyes from Jaime to look at her. It struck her heart like a bolt.
"You killed my brothers, they were my family and you killed them. Did you think you could ever replace them? You thought you could be my family when you killed them."
He cocked the gun and Jaime moved back.
"You have it all wrong August," Jamie started. "You don't know what they were, you were too young to know," he explained.
"No, you are wrong. I know what they were. They were my family. Joseph was only protecting us and Jaycee only cared for me. I saw you shoot him," he sniffed and stretched out his hand. He felt Janet wrap her arm round his free hand. Even then, he never moved his teary eye away from her father.
"August please," she pleaded. He let her hold him for a while and then slipped out of her arms. She moved in between Jaime and the gun.
"Shoot me then, since you are so evil now. Shoot me August," she cried. He looked at her and felt the memories rise. He remembered the love they had shared and how she had always stood up for him. He loved her but he had a duty. For a moment, his hand shook and he thought about the consequences of what he was going to do. He remembered he had like them once, they had taken him in when he had no one. Then the voice echoed in his head.

"Remember who took your brothers from you, they are not your friends, they are not your family, they took Joseph and one day they have to pay, you have to make them pay!"

He looked at her face one more time, he hated to see her cry. He thought he saw a bit of Mary in her. It deepened his resolute. Mary was killed and so was his family.
"I'm sorry but I have gone COLD!" he moved back and caressed the trigger one final time. He had loved her but she was not his family. He squeezed the trigger, only once. Jaime fell behind her, the picture of him falling brought back more memories of that night at the farm house. How he had watched Maria and Jaycee fall, he felt a kind of rage he had never felt before. He pointed the gun at Kate next and squeezed the trigger again, twice. Janet stood dumbstruck, looking frantically from the corpses of her parents to August, clenching his smoking gun.

"You killed them!" she yelled and ran to him. She tugged at his shirt and shook him violently. She let him go and knelt beside their bodies, shaking from sobs.

He closed his eyes and raised the gun. An image of Maria came into his mind. He caressed the trigger and watched the fear in her eyes, clouded over by tears.
"You must think I'm some demon," he said to her. She sobbed and wiped her nose.
"You are evil and a bloody demon," she cried.
"You can think what ever you want, they are dead, I will let you Live and then you can watch how much your desire to kill me will swell, then you will know why I shot them," he said and turned. She cried out his name and he turned to face her.
"What happened to you? How did you become so evil?"
"I saw the people I loved killed in front of me, many times, over and over again. That was what happened to me. If I was evil, you would be dead too. It was your family for mine Janet."

He left her kneeling there. All of a sudden he felt nothing for her or for anybody. He walked out of the door not regretting what he had done one bit.

http://gistrealm..com.ng/2017/06/cold-45.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: Cold by Wane2: 9:22pm On Jun 10, 2017
Nice work you are doing here Chipappi.

1 Like

Re: Cold by Chipappii(m): 9:39pm On Jun 10, 2017
Wane2:
Nice work you are doing here Chipappi.
Thanks bro

1 Like

Re: Cold by stephenGee12(m): 3:00pm On Jun 11, 2017
chipapii i just read it where are u. suspense dey kill me for here oo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cold by zpetstunner(m): 2:33pm On Jun 12, 2017
cheesy you and this ur bleep sha........just da fall for dis one bro You are da best no doubt

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cold by BlissfulJeff(m): 6:36pm On Jun 12, 2017
nice one bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cold by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jun 12, 2017
Nice one!! Though your updates are slow and the suspense is much..

Pls, come and update ooooo cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cold by Nathblessing(m): 12:02am On Jun 13, 2017
Finally caught up with you. This story is awesome and breathtaking......
Pls more updates o.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cold by Chipappii(m): 9:50pm On Jun 13, 2017
"I killed them all," he said to Oscar and he nodded.
"Everyone?"
He shook his head and murmured, "Something like that."
"August, what do you mean something like that? You killed that policeman right?"
"Yea, He was first."
"So I assume it was the girl you left, right?"
He nodded and let out a breath. Oscar searched him with his eyes.
"You love her?" he asked and he nodded.
"Loved her, not anymore," he replied and it was a cold reply.
"Why?" he pressed further.
"Love is dead for me. Died with Mary. I love nothing anymore."
Oscar watched him and the distance stare in his eyes. He thought the boy was far gone. He understood perfectly well. He was handling guns and shooting them at an age he was supposed to be cuddling to his mother.
August shot him a stare.
"Killing all these people, is that what's going to make me a man? Is that how Joseph became a man?" he asked. Oscar nodded.
"Then I don't want to be a man," he murmured. Oscar stared at him and smiled. He put his arm across and dropped it on his shoulder.

"August, I don't know how they do it out there or anywhere else but here in Mathews, that's how it goes down, it's either you or them and if you die at a young age, you won't grow to be a man. If you can't protect the people you love, boy, you ain't no man and that's what made Joe a man, he protected you all the much he could."
August watched him and felt his icey heart melt. His eyes moistened and he felt a tear drop.
"Before I left, I sat with Janet and I told her I loved her. I meant it then. Today, I stood over her and nearly pulled the trigger," he stopped, sniffed and continued. "Oscar, I don't want to be that kind of man. I want to protect the people I love. I watched them all die and nearly killed one myself. Janet thought I was a demon and I think she thought right."
"Boy, there are things life throw at you sometimes and you are left with no choice. You had a duty to your loved ones that were murdered and that's what you carried out, don't be a sissy now," he said and August stood up. He walked round the worn out cross on a grave, his back against Oscar.

"I had a choice when I held that gun against Janet and I chose not to shoot and I didn't. Do you think Jamie had that chance? Jaycee had a gun and it was either Jamie or him," he turned and stared at him.

"August, he killed Joseph and you killed him. Joseph was only keeping you all safe. You, Jaycee and Maria and Jamie killed him. You killed Jamie for that and that's the end of it. Fucking let it go. You had a duty and you carried it out. Here in St Mathews, your home, it's blood first and if someone bleeped with your blood, you Bleep him to hell and that's it, you heard me? That's it!" he scolded. August wiped his eyes and nodded. He heard all he needed. Jaime killed his brother and he killed him for it. That was all that mattered. Janet had nothing in it and he was glad he changed his mind about shooting her.

"You said someone wanted to see me?" he asked and Oscar smiled.
"Yes, you will smile again soon."
August scoffed. "Who might that be? My mother or Maria or Mary?"
Oscar shook his head with the smile still on his face.
"Jaycee," he replied like it was a magical name. August stopped and stared at him, his eyes blazing red.
"Don't Bleep with me," he said and Oscar shook his head.
"I am not fucking with you bro. Jaycee will be here soon."
He walked the room apprehensively and stood at a spot, sweating and shaking.
"Where the Bleep is he now?" he asked.
"Said we should wait here, be patient bro."
August fixed his gaze on Oscar. He wasn't looking at him. He looked past him. His eye moistened and with tears and just when they were going to fall, a smile broke out of his face.

Williams looked round the classy suite located at the pent house of The Meridian Hotels. It was tasty and cozy but he could care less. His mind was beginning to grab a bit of peace as he was so close to perfecting his scheme. He poured one more glass of the tequila and took it to the bed. He sat on it and sipped from the glass. He heard the door open and someone walking towards him. He was too weary to look and rather took another sip from the glass.

"You sold us out for this?"
Jaycee was all grown but Williams could never forget the sound of his voice. He let out a smile and turned on the bed to face him.
"You look better without the beards bro," he said and widened the smile and then switched to that emotionless look they have always had a problem deciphering.
"Don't Bleep with me man, you did all these to us, your family because of money?" he asked again, tightening his grip on the trigger as he shoved the gun in his direction. Williams shook his heard a trifle undaunted by the gun being pointed him.
"I don't care about money."
"Than what was it? Power? You hated us? What the Bleep made you sell out your bloody family because I can't seem to understand it."
"I never hated you guys, I loved you all more than I can ever begin to explain now. All those years, I had my eyes on you, just trying to look out for you. I'm sorry Joseph and Maria had to die, pops and moms too but certain things takes place in our lives, things we cannot explain, things we have no control over and things you may not have seen yet. Like the force of love," he turned on the bed to face him squarely, Jaycee followed his movement with his gun. "Like Nancy for example, she lost her family for you, everyone she's ever loved and she's still stuck to you. Doesn't that beat you?" he asked.

"No, she only loyal to the ones she loves. Something you have no bloody clue of. While you are shooting up the family that loved you, she is there, protecting them and giving all she has for it."

"And why would she still hang around you when her folks were murdered in her very face because of you? Just why?" he asked and moved his eyes past him, laying it on the door as it creaked open. August walked in slowly followed by Oscar, each clutching to his own gun.

"Jaycee?" August called out slowly. He knew Williams, he could never forget his face and he also knew Jaycee with the hair on his head. Things he would never forget. Oscar let his gun go up and pointed it at Williams while Jaycee turned to behold his little brother once again. His emotions got to him and he let his gun drop to his side. He ran straight to August and scooped him into his arms, almost choking him.

"I thought you died bro. I swear I thought you died," August sobbed and fell back in his arms. He was only a few inches shorter than he was.
"I didn't die, I'm here now and we are going to make them all pay, starting with this sly bastard sitting here," he replied and they turned to face Williams again. He smiled up at August and thought it needless to say how glad he was on seeing him. Even though it would be true, he doubted if they will ever believe him.

"You are grown August, that's great," he said and the smile crept out of his face again.
"What did he have with it all?" August asked Jaycee, ignoring his comment.
"Everything I think. Teamed up with the people that kept coming after us until Joseph and Maria died."
"Then I will shoot him myself," August said and raised his gun. Williams shuddered from the look in his eyes, through them, he saw that he was going to shoot, brotherhood aside.

"Drop them," Stanley called from behind them, an assault rifle in his hand. They turned to him and he waved them a smile.
"A family reunion then but I'm sorry I have to cut you guys short."
"Well, we are here for both your heads," Jaycee said and bit his lower lip.
"Maybe some other time but not today bro. Drop the fucking guns."
Williams looked at him and smiled. "Is he around?" he asked and Stanley nodded.
"We will meet him tomorrow. We need to leave here now."
He stood from the bed and walked past the three boys, straight for the door.
"Some other time folks, and I'm glad to see you again August, really," Williams said and grabbed the door knob.
"And I'd be glad to see your brains on the floor soon," he replied. Williams smiled.

"I'm sorry bro but I hope you do realize I have to kill them," Stanley announced. Only Oscar flinched, the other two just burned with rage.
"I won't let you kill my brothers," Williams said and walked back towards them. Stanley frowned, he wasn't ready for that confrontation but he would kill them all if it ever came to that, Williams inclusive.
"I will do it myself," Williams completed with a smile. Stanley heaved a sigh.
"Then get it done, we need to move out," he said and walked out of the door. Williams pulled his gun from his waist and raised at Oscar first.

"I wish we had met again over a glass of beer as brothers," he smiled and fired six times, everywhere went silent after the sound of the gun, he watched them for a while and shook his head. He walked out of the room and closed the door behind him.
"I have no one left now, better not let your boss Bleep me up," he murmured to Stanley as they walked into the elevator.
"Don't worry, very soon, you will have the whole of St Mathews."

http://gistrealm..com.ng/2017/06/cold-46.html?m=1#more

2 Likes

Re: Cold by Chipappii(m): 9:50pm On Jun 13, 2017
Nathblessing:
Finally cut up with you. This story is awesome and breathtaking......
Pls more updates o.....

Thanks bro
Re: Cold by Chipappii(m): 9:51pm On Jun 13, 2017
stephenGee12:
chipapii i just read it where are u. suspense dey kill me for here oo

Thanks man. I'm here
Re: Cold by Chipappii(m): 9:52pm On Jun 13, 2017
zpetstunner:
cheesy you and this ur bleep sha........just da fall for dis one bro You are da best no doubt

Lol. Thanks man grin
Re: Cold by Chipappii(m): 9:52pm On Jun 13, 2017
BlissfulJeff:
nice one bro

Thanks bro
Re: Cold by Chipappii(m): 9:53pm On Jun 13, 2017
ToluLolu0122:
Nice one!! Though your updates are slow and the suspense is much..

Pls, come and update ooooo cry

Thanks dear.
Re: Cold by Wane2: 10:27pm On Jun 13, 2017
Oscar has brainwashed August, I don't think they are dead otherwise it would be too easy. The story is getting more complex, Good job bro.
Re: Cold by zpetstunner(m): 2:10am On Jun 14, 2017
bros more update pls........

the Suspense z killing....
am a ghost reader but if I no comment for dis update

dem my case is not ordinary.......... lol ;Dbros more update pls........

dem my case is not ordinary.......... lol
Re: Cold by zpetstunner(m): 8:19am On Jun 15, 2017
angrybro wat up na u come forget person oooo...

update nah plz......
and remember to mention me in your next update o

1 Like

Re: Cold by BlissfulJeff(m): 6:34am On Jun 17, 2017
nice update bro

1 Like

Re: Cold by Epluribusunom(m): 12:33pm On Jun 17, 2017
I've been engrossed with this bro, but try and reduce the killings, gangsters' knew the worth of a life.
Re: Cold by Chipappii(m): 4:54pm On Jun 17, 2017
Wane2:
Oscar has brainwashed August, I don't think they are dead otherwise it would be too easy. The story is getting more complex, Good job bro.

Thanks bro..
Re: Cold by Chipappii(m): 4:54pm On Jun 17, 2017
zpetstunner:
bros more update pls........

dem my case is not ordinary.......... lol ;Dbros more update pls........

dem my case is not ordinary.......... lol

Lol. Thanks man grin
Re: Cold by Chipappii(m): 4:55pm On Jun 17, 2017
BlissfulJeff:
nice update bro

Thanks bro.
Re: Cold by Chipappii(m): 4:56pm On Jun 17, 2017
Epluribusunom:
I've been engrossed with this bro, but try and reduce the killings, gangsters' knew the worth of a life.

Thanks man. Can't help the killings. It's somehow necessary. Its ending already shaa.

1 Like

Re: Cold by Chipappii(m): 5:02pm On Jun 17, 2017
The elevator binged and they waited for a split second before its doors parted. A very fine girl stood before them, waiting to step into the elevator. Stanley beamed her a smile which she ignored and brushed past them into the elevator.
"Bitches," he muttered under his breath. "A whole lot of money will get you a flock of them, Money that we will be having very soon."
Williams nodded absent mindedly as they walked down the hall to suite 107c, Jameson suit.

"Bitches, was that all you thought of Maria?" Williams asked all of a sudden and threw him off guard. Stanley shot him a look and let out a fake laugh.
"Of course not, I loved her really but like you always say, there are certain things that we are often forced to do and we get to have no choice. You do realized that I held her above any other girl, don't you?" he asked, placing his hand on the door knob.
"Yes I understand perfectly well," he nodded and Stanley turned the knob.

They walked into the tastily furnished suite and feasted on it with their eyes. The door led directly into the little but comfy sitting room. The television was on and Jameson sat on a couch backing the door. The day's dailies rested on his laps and he peeked at the pages through his spectacles.

Stanley took the lead and Williams dragged slowly behind until they stood before him, separated only by the glass table accommodating his eye glass case and a glass of wine. Jameson peeked at them over the rims of his spectacle and frowned.
"He is the one boss," Stanley announced and Williams smiled.
"I see, what's his name again?" Jameson asked, looking at Stanley.
"Williams," Williams answered and got a chilly look from him.
"You only talk when you are talked to young man," he cautioned icly and the smile froze on Williams face. He murmured his apologies and kept mute.
"He is Williams sir," Stanley repeated.
"I heard him the first time," he said and dropped the paper on the table.
"I have heard stories about you, how reliable and how cold you can be," he said to Williams. Williams nodded and kept looking at him, eyeball to eyeball.
"I would like to trust you but I need a good reason to. Just give me one reason I should trust someone that killed his parents and his siblings just to get to the top, how safe am I with you?" he asked, maintaining eye contact with him. He often believed he could tell the character of a man through the shadows in his eyes, but he saw nothing in Williams eyes. They were dark as hell. He waited for an answer to his questions, a few seconds dragged by and he only got a smile for an answer. He shifted on his seat and coughed lightly. Stanley shot Williams a look and swore under his breath.

"I would like you to be totally honest with me, how much would it take for you to put a hit on me, don't tell me you can't do it. Every man has his price so tell me how much?" he asked. Williams thought for a while and let out a sharp answer.

"Nothing, I'd do it for free," he replied. Jameson let out an uneasy smile and Stanley squeezed his face.
"You don't care for money, do you? All those things you did, the people you killed, your parents? You didn't do it for money?" he asked.
"No, I don't care for money. I only care to see you dead," he said and pulled his gun from his waist. Stanley reached for his piece but reached late. Williams put a bullet through his left thigh and another through his left hand. He fell with a scream and a thud.
He switched to a stung Jameson.
"Have you lost your mind? What do you think you are doing?" he asked, moving his hand stealthily to the gun on the side stool on his right, Williams didn't miss it. He shot him on the hand, once. He let out a shriek and held his shattered hand.

"You remember Taylor?" he asked and Jameson managed to nod through the stinging pain burning in his fresh.
"Then you must remember Kim too, she was his daughter. Got killed along with his father. Word has it that you were responsible and it's very personal to me. I loved her and she loved me," he said and caressed the trigger.
"You are pathetic boy. You did all these because of some bitch that her father would have tossed your poor ass over a cliff if he found out you were dating her," he swore in between clenched teeth.
"I am not here because of her father. I am here because of her. And she was no bitch. She was Kim and she was my first love."

He bit his lips and squeezed the trigger, emptying his leads on him as he shook from impact with the bullet, shattered by it. He pulled the trigger once more and the clip clicked empty. He sniffed and turned to Stanley on the floor, nursing his pain with groans.

"The things we do for love bro. My love for her and your love for money," he said to a terrified Stanley. He replaced the empty clip and pointed it at him.
"Difference is, I would burn any amount it took to have her back, in my arms. Heck, I killed my folks and sold out my family too, that's what she meant to me. But you, you will kill anybody just for money, Maria too, you just gave her up after all those loves you professed to her. She was sweet and she was my sister and she was no bitch," he said. He waited for no protest. He shot him three times on the chest and watched him sprawl out on the floor, in his own pool of blood.

"Do you think he missed on purpose?" Oscar asked as he drove through the empty streets with Jaycee and August.
"Nobody misses like that, he could have taken us out if he wanted to.
"Maybe he is sorry for the things he actually put you guys through, maybe you could start a family, the three of you, what do you say?"
"I say I'd rather jump off a bridge than spend another 10 seconds with the fool without putting a bullet in between his teeth," August said. Jaycee shot him a glance at the back of the car and smiled.
"I could lend you my gun for that purpose," he said and sat back on his chair.
"What is this world coming to? Brothers shooting up brothers and stuffs," Oscar muttered floored the gas.

http://gistrealm..com/2017/06/cold-47.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: Cold by Chipappii(m): 5:05pm On Jun 17, 2017
After much considerations and Observations, I find Jaycee innocent and declare August guilty hence I bring you the concluding part of this heartbreaking story.

Abeg make una no roast me o, cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: Cold by Chipappii(m): 5:09pm On Jun 17, 2017
The cool wind blew and the Church bell chimed 10pm.
"See, there has to be something you are willing to sacrifice everything for even yourself," Williams said and drew a line on the floor with his hand.
"That would be my family. Dad, Mom, Joseph, Maria, August, you bro. Even you." Jaycee replied and stared into the starry sky. August sniffed and Oscar glanced around the graveyard.
"I'm trying to make you understand something," Williams said.
"The type of something that would make you give up your family like that, your blood?"
"I needed to avenge her, she meant to me what nobody will ever mean. She gave me this kind of happiness that lasted only with her existence in my life."

Jaycee smiled and stared across to his brother, looking him in the face.
"Do you think she would have done same thing for you, if you had been the one killed?" he asked and Williams nodded with a smile.
"Everything is over now. Glad the three of us came out of it unscathed. Maybe we should pick up whatever that's left and move on. I love you guys and I swear that's the whole truth."
Jaycee shook his head and August stared on in silence.
"Unscathed? We are all fucking scathed by the betrayal, we can never forget in a long time. You are demented man, you really are."
"We should move on. I wouldn't want to see you guys hurt anymore. St Mathews is the most beastly of places."
"Yes, we should move up until you fall in love with another vulnerable girl who will get killed and then you sell us out again to avenge her. We shouldn't be talking to you," he said and got up from the grave where he sat. August followed suit.

"I'm always around, looking out for you guys. Just call on me if you need me," he said and stood up.
"Williams?" August called him for the first time. He turned to him.
"Did you kill Moms and Pops?" he asked. Jaycee turned and faced Williams. He had forgotten to ask that question.
"See, there are things we do in life that we have little control over and... "
"You killed them then," August interrupted. Williams didn't reply.
"They were our blood, Joseph and Maria. I thought in St Mathews that was all that mattered. I would give the world just to have them smile at me. I thought we lived to protect each other, I thought that was what made us family. I thought blood was supposed to matter above all else, isn't that so? Isn't it?" he yelled and he voice spread into the night.
"We do the silliest things for love little bro, I doubt if you understand that yet," he replied.
"No, I understand perfectly well. I had a family I placed above all else and when the time came, I came back here, to this shithole for a duty I owe to them. A girl I loved, I shot up her folks for my family. I would have killed her too. But you, you chose a girl over your family and you say you love us."
"I do bro, I love you guys but shit happens and I"m sorry for it all, not that I regret. She meant the world to me," he said and stared at him, doubting his capacity to understand that.

"There was no justification and you don't deserve to live. Jaycee would let you walk out alive, maybe he has some good memory of you in the past, maybe that's why. I was little and I remember nothing of worth about you except that you murmured my family. I have no problem shooting you!"

He had pulled out his gun before his speech could assimilate. He raised it and shot him twice, point blank. Williams fell slowly, the shock reflecting on his face. He fell face down. August walked closer to him and proceeded to empty the clip on his back, not stopping until the gun went empty. He turned to Jaycee with a glint in his eyes.

"I feel better," he said and shoved the gun back into his hips.
"Come here," Jaycee commanded him and he walked into his open hands. They shared a hug that lasted a few seconds.
"I thought nobody was going to do that," he murmured. "The fool deserved something worse than a bullet in the head but that was good for starters. He should now rot in hell."

They walked out of the graveyard together barely making a sound. In the distance, at the entrance to the church, they saw the silhouette of a girl, her hair flying with the wind. August knew it was Janet. She stood there, her hands in the pocket of her hoodie. They walked close to her and he stood before her, staring her in the face. She said nothing, she just stood there, looking at him. Then he spoke first.

"Did you bring the police?" he asked and she shook her head.
"I just came to see you, I thought I would find you here."
"I'm not sorry for what I did but I do care for you if it will matter to you," he said.
"I know and I understand. My father shot your brother and you hated him for that. Just like I am so mad at you now for killing him and my mother too. I understand the bitterness better now and I still love you," she said and fell into his arms, letting out loud sobs. He wrapped his arms around her and closed his eyes.
"I love you too Janet and I am sorry I had to hurt you like that," he said and felt her deep her right hand into her pocket again still clinging onto him with the left. He felt the nozzle too late to pull out.
"I love you so much and I am sorry, they were my everything," she cried and pulled the trigger. He felt the hot bullets pierce his intestines before the deafening sound of gunshot. He opened his eyes wide and fell back slowly. She shot him again and again before Jaycee cut her short with a bullet to the side. Oscar took his own shot and caught her in the thigh before Jaycee finished her off with a shot to the chest. She fell with a thud and closed her eyes slowly.

"August!" Jaycee yelled and ran to his brother on the floor. He didn't get to make any last minute conversations. He died before he had even gotten to the ground. He fell on him and gave out a blood curling scream, his voice rising into the silent, Cold night. Oscar knelt beside him and put his hand round his shoulder, fighting back his own tears. He felt like he had practically raised August to what he grew to be. His own heart ached and he wished her would rise like Jaycee had risen. Jaycee shook heavily, scooping his brother from the ground into his arms. He watched the finely carved face bereft of innocence. He came to notice how much their features matched. He buried his face in his motionless chest and sobbed again. In a swift turn, he picked his gun from the ground and stuck it to his head, pulling the trigger.

The hammer clicked and the gun made no sound. Oscar snatched the gun and grabbed him.
"Fucking pull yourself together man. Only cowards take that path. Think of Nancy and what will happen if she hears you're dead."
He snatched himself from his hand and knelt beside his brother's body. The mention of Nancy had gotten to him.
"He was just a boy, he was my kid brother," he said and cried. "What do I have now?" he asked.
"You have me and you have Nancy who loves you. Don't just die up on her. She's already given everything to see you live. So fucking live and don't let the Donati name die," he said and sat on the ground beside him. They sat there for what seemed an eternity. Jaycee sniffed and stood up.

"We should get his body out of here and give him a proper burial," he said and lifted him off the ground. They walked out of the church premises to the car outside.

The church bell chimed 12 am.

The end... .

http://gistrealm..com/2017/06/cold-48-end.html?m=1

3 Likes

Re: Cold by Chipappii(m): 5:11pm On Jun 17, 2017
You guys shouldn't vex abeg, I couldn't let August live. Thanks.

Bows out from thread.

Obinnau, Lalasticlala.
Re: Cold by MhizDherbee(f): 5:17pm On Jun 17, 2017
Chipappii:
After much considerations and Observations, I find Jaycee innocent and declare August guilty hence I bring you the concluding part of this heartbreaking story.

Abeg make una no roast me o, cheesy cheesy grin grin
Papii, drag it a little longer... I would love a dope ending for this amazing story. Wadyu guys think

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

"I Love Macmillian Books" / Prisoners Of War / Famous Books, Countries That Banned Them And Why It Was Banned.- Tapread.net

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 196
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.