Stats: 3,148,883 members, 7,802,851 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:16 PM

RC Cars, Drones And Planes - Science/Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / RC Cars, Drones And Planes (21302 Views)

How I Built My Rc Helicopter At Home / Top 5 Positive And Negative Effects Of Drones You Should Know / Graveyards Around The World Where Planes, Ships, Cars Are Left To Die (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

Re: RC Cars, Drones And Planes by DJIUAV: 7:38am On Feb 22, 2018
There are many UAV components here, last time there was a client who sold many of the M100 accessories, but these are the accessories of Dajiang, the price is more expensive.
FB:https://www.facebook.com/dji.uavglobal.hk
Re: RC Cars, Drones And Planes by DJIUAV: 7:39am On Feb 22, 2018
Fash20:
where do you get the component

There are many UAV components here, last time there was a client who sold many of the M100 accessories, but these are the accessories of Dajiang, the price is more expensive.https://www.facebook.com/dji.uavglobal.hk
Re: RC Cars, Drones And Planes by RCDIY(m): 5:13pm On Mar 09, 2018
RCDIY:
So, I ordered 2 sets of FC and ESCs. I intend using one set for remaking my previous 250 to include FPV parts.

The other set will go to my other thread where I will continue my quest for mission-capable quadcopter using iNAV.

Additional parts are:
Video Transmitter
Video receiver
LCD monitor
FPV camera

I will start work on it by tomorrow night and hopefully be flying on Saturday.

The iNAV build is complete. Actually had it flying 2 weeks ago but had a nasty crash due to incorrect magnetometer operations.

I got it repaired and eventually tested today.
Return To Home (RTH) works like a charm. Also Position Hold (PH) is quite accurate. GPS was picking over 15 satellites.

I will perform a Waypoint mission next.

Re: RC Cars, Drones And Planes by brendan007: 8:52pm On Mar 10, 2018
RCDIY:

The iNAV build is complete. Actually had it flying 2 weeks ago but had a nasty crash due to incorrect magnetometer operations.

I got it repaired and eventually tested today.
Return To Home (RTH) works like a charm. Also Position Hold (PH) is quite accurate. GPS was picking over 15 satellites.

I will perform a Waypoint mission next.
Finally!! Congrats. Expecting more. Any videos?
Re: RC Cars, Drones And Planes by RCDIY(m): 10:16pm On Mar 10, 2018
brendan007:

Finally!! Congrats. Expecting more. Any videos?
Thanks, bro.

I tried Waypoints today and it was really cool. I drew a mission on Google map and the Quadcopter followed the path. So iNAV build is done. Next is videos.
Truth is I am yet to make any cool video cos I go flying all by myself. Next weekend, I will get a friend to accompany me.
Videos are usually too large for NL. I intend putting them on my YouTube channel.

Re: RC Cars, Drones And Planes by brendan007: 1:23pm On Mar 11, 2018
RCDIY:

Thanks, bro.

I tried Waypoints today and it was really cool. I drew a mission on Google map and the Quadcopter followed the path. So iNAV build is done. Next is videos.
Truth is I am yet to make any cool video cos I go flying all by myself. Next weekend, I will get a friend to accompany me.
Videos are usually too large for NL. I intend putting them on my YouTube channel.
When I've got something doing I'll definitely build a quad. I'd really love to see videos soon and I'll sure follow you on YouTube then. Keep the good work going.
Get a friend that loves what you do to help out.

Re: RC Cars, Drones And Planes by RCDIY(m): 3:03pm On Mar 11, 2018
brendan007:

When I've got something doing I'll definitely build a quad. I'd really love to see videos soon and I'll sure follow you on YouTube then. Keep the good work going.
Get a friend that loves what you do to help out.

Thanks, bro.
Here's a short video while I was testing the Return To Home (RTH) feature. I was going to do a mission but birds in the area kept diving on the quad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQNeLbwPlmA

Re: RC Cars, Drones And Planes by RichysPro: 11:29pm On Mar 23, 2018
Hello all, started following this thread today. Is there a thread specifically for edf jets?

I’m trying to start out on the hobby but need to find flying spots and people I can learn from
Re: RC Cars, Drones And Planes by RichysPro: 8:46am On Mar 24, 2018
ogocology:

7.4V 4000mah (For brushed motors)
11.1V 2200mah (70C)
11.1V 2200mah (55C)

$105 for the 3.
Free, Fast shipping

Hello, I’m interested in this supplier of yours. Though my interest is in Roaring Top 6s Lipo. Can you asssist
Re: RC Cars, Drones And Planes by RCDIY(m): 12:05pm On Mar 24, 2018
RichysPro:
Hello all, started following this thread today. Is there a thread specifically for edf jets?

I’m trying to start out on the hobby but need to find flying spots and people I can learn from

Welcome, chief.
There isn't any EDF threads (at least none here on NL that I'm aware of) but you could start up one.

Lack of flying spots is the major reason I do not want to venture into fixed wings RC. I've seen a number of guys put together a plane here and there on the internet but no real thread (again, as far as I know).

But don't let these deter you. You can start it yourself. There are tons of guides available online.

Welcome once again
Re: RC Cars, Drones And Planes by RCDIY(m): 12:10pm On Mar 24, 2018
RichysPro:

Hello, I’m interested in this supplier of yours. Though my interest is in Roaring Top 6s Lipo. Can you assist

That particular deal is long gone, bro.
There strict restrictions on shipping of Lipo batteries so I usually buy what's available (Turnigy, Zippy, other Chinese brands)
If you're not brand specific, I could help you fetch them. You'll need to provide more details (C rating, Plug type, etc).
Let me know if you're interested.

Cheers!
Re: RC Cars, Drones And Planes by totalgreen01: 10:34am On Jun 13, 2018
hi guys,

are u all in Nigeria

i am into fpv fix wings

i even build li-ion battery here in Nigeria

i do Long range flying about 27km out sometimes

thanks
Re: RC Cars, Drones And Planes by RCDIY(m): 8:44am On Jun 16, 2018
totalgreen01:
hi guys,

are u all in Nigeria

i am into fpv fix wings

i even build li-ion battery here in Nigeria

i do Long range flying about 27km out sometimes

thanks

Sure, we are in Nigeria, bro. Good to know you're into RC planes.
Can you share more on the batteries you build? (Size, capacity, weight..) I may want something from you soon.
Also share the specs of the plane you use for your long range flight. The FPV rig is of particular interest to me.

Thank you.
Re: RC Cars, Drones And Planes by RCDIY(m): 12:43am On Aug 03, 2018
It's been so long since I posted here. Too busy but still make time for the hobby now and then.

Hopefully, I will post some videos in the coming days.
Re: RC Cars, Drones And Planes by brendan007: 9:01pm On Aug 03, 2018
RCDIY:
It's been so long since I posted here. Too busy but still make time for the hobby now and then.

Hopefully, I will post some videos in the coming days.
Waiting..............
Re: RC Cars, Drones And Planes by RCDIY(m): 7:38am On Jan 03, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctavKQj-4JM
I'm beginning to pick interest in fixed wing RC.
Re: RC Cars, Drones And Planes by brendan007: 8:39am On Jan 04, 2019
RCDIY:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctavKQj-4JM
I'm beginning to pick interest in fixed wing RC.
This is wow. But aren't flying as if you've just started picking interest in fixed wings. Nice one. Guess you've got some onboard flight stabilizers. Wish I had similar open space around. Have you thought about scratch building? It's fun you know. Have fun!

Re: RC Cars, Drones And Planes by RCDIY(m): 8:47am On Jan 04, 2019
brendan007:

Happy New year, Chief.
This is wow. But aren't flying as if you've just started picking interest in fixed wings. Nice one. Guess you've got some onboard flight stabilizers. Wish I had similar open space around. Have you thought about scratch building? It's fun you know. Have fun!

Nah! That's not me flying ooo! That's a Jet-powered plane worth over 700k. Na one of my ogas get am. I have some foam fixed wings and still training.

Scratch build is interesting, I know. When I get comfortable flying, I'll definitely build one large glider.

Thank you.
Re: RC Cars, Drones And Planes by brendan007: 9:33am On Jan 04, 2019
RCDIY:

Nah! That's not me flying ooo! That's a Jet-powered plane worth over 700k. Na one of my ogas get am. I have some foam fixed wings and still training.

Scratch build is interesting, I know. When I get comfortable flying, I'll definitely build one large glider.

Thank you.
Flying something that expensive does need very experienced hands. Kudos to your Oga. I've always loved fixed wings. Hope to fly a real one someday.
Re: RC Cars, Drones And Planes by RCDIY(m): 12:04pm On Jan 04, 2019
brendan007:

Flying something that expensive does need very experienced hands. Kudos to your Oga. I've always loved fixed wings. Hope to fly a real one someday.

Someone crashed a jet worth $14,000 2 yrs back. Before the wreck was reached, there was nothing to salvage as the plane burst into flames on impact.

Not sure I'll ever spend more than a few hundred bucks on this hobby at a time.
Re: RC Cars, Drones And Planes by brendan007: 2:41pm On Jan 04, 2019
RCDIY:

Someone crashed a jet worth $14,000 2 yrs back. Before the wreck was reached, there was nothing to salvage as the plane burst into flames on impact.

Not sure I'll ever spend more than a few hundred bucks on this hobby at a time.

No way!! That was a colossal loss. I can't spend much myself. That's why I prefer to scratch build using locally available material. Anyways, I can be certain the person in question has not left the hobby as a result of the loss.
Re: RC Cars, Drones And Planes by RCDIY(m): 12:37am On Jan 05, 2019
brendan007:

No way!! That was a colossal loss. I can't spend much myself. That's why I prefer to scratch build using locally available material. Anyways, I can be certain the person in question has not left the hobby as a result of the loss.

Nope. He still flies his other planes. Has quite a collection of them. Na big man
Re: RC Cars, Drones And Planes by Isidoreek(m): 8:21pm On Mar 02, 2019
Hey guys,

Any ideas on where I can get a 4s 1500 - 2200mAh LiPo battery (any C rating above 40 will do just fine)?

The restrictions on shipping LiPo batteries are too stifling.
Re: RC Cars, Drones And Planes by RCDIY(m): 6:24am On Mar 03, 2019
Isidoreek:
Hey guys,

Any ideas on where I can get a 4s 1500 - 2200mAh LiPo battery (any C rating above 40 will do just fine)?

The restrictions on shipping LiPo batteries are too stifling.

I have a 4S 2200mAh (30C)
Call/Whatsapp
Re: RC Cars, Drones And Planes by tck2000(m): 3:44pm On Aug 10, 2019
Exclusively
Re: RC Cars, Drones And Planes by tck2000(m): 3:44pm On Aug 10, 2019
echo
Re: RC Cars, Drones And Planes by Kenewachukwu: 4:02am On Sep 17, 2019
I want to purchase a 5200mah lipo battery of about 30C and 3s
Re: RC Cars, Drones And Planes by RCDIY(m): 10:42pm On Sep 18, 2019
Kenewachukwu:
I want to purchase a 5200mah lipo battery of about 30C and 3s
I believe we've discussed on whatsapp, bro.
Thank you
Re: RC Cars, Drones And Planes by FFRANCIS152: 11:50pm On Nov 16, 2019
RCDIY:

I have a 4S 2200mAh (30C)
Call/Whatsapp

Please contact me am interested 09063154858
Or better still drop your number let me contact you instead.
Re: RC Cars, Drones And Planes by RCDIY(m): 2:29pm On Nov 17, 2019
FFRANCIS152:

Please contact me am interested 09063154858
Or better still drop your number let me contact you instead.

Thank you, chief

Re: RC Cars, Drones And Planes by RCDIY(m): 6:45pm On Jan 10, 2020
I've found fixed wings much cheaper to play with, especially delta wing models.
With the right materials, it costs less than 2k to make a frame.
Electronics would be 2pcs of servos, one motor and battery (except if you're like myself that love to use flight controllers).
Of course you'd have a Radio Transmitter (and receiver) to begin with.

The model below took about 2 sheets of 10cm X 100cm X 120cm polystyrene sheets to build. Cost (of polystyrene) is about 2k.
I'll share a video showing the build process later

Re: RC Cars, Drones And Planes by brendan007: 9:17pm On Jan 10, 2020
RCDIY:
I've found fixed wings much cheaper to play with, especially delta wing models.
With the right materials, it costs less than 2k to make a frame.
Electronics would be 2pcs of servos, one motor and battery (except if you're like myself that love to use flight controllers).
Of course you'd have a Radio Transmitter (and receiver) to begin with.

The model below took about 2 sheets of 10cm X 100cm X 120cm polystyrene sheets to build. Cost (of polystyrene) is about 2k.
I'll share a video showing the build process later

This is beautiful! The major challenge I have building fixed wing is keeping the weight down as much as possible given that balsa wood isn’t readily available and could be quite expensive to purchase. I’ve always thought about where I could get those polystyrene sheets to build with. Where did you get those from?

The New BBM Android For Samsung Pocket GT-S5300. / 10 Most Strange Stars (known) In The Observable Universe.. / Scientist Exterminate 5 Million Rats in Antarctic Island