Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:02 AM

Four Common Reasons Why Your Life Plans Ain't Working Out - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Four Common Reasons Why Your Life Plans Ain't Working Out (571 Views)

7 Common Reasons Young People Don’t Start Their Own Businesses / Common Reasons Why You Will Never Be Successful / Four Common Mistakes Nigerian (upcoming) Rappers Make (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Four Common Reasons Why Your Life Plans Ain't Working Out by djlittlej(m): 10:10pm On Jan 08, 2017
Wow!! Yes it’s new year again, the 2017 we have been waiting for is finally here, most of us are still on vacation or probably still enjoying the season’s bliss with our loved ones, however no matter where you are or what you are doing don’t, be carried away, this is a new year and yes a new month ,something made this month so important and that’s what we going to be discussing today, that is writing your new year’s resolution,

For the sake of those who are just hearing that phrase for the very first time “your new year’s resolutions are the written down plans you have for this new year”

now there is something crucial about writing your new year’s resolution, which is the inability to stick to stick to your resolution, for this particular reason most people has given up on writing resolution, thinking that it is certain that they can’t stick to to it. However studying the situation personally I have discovered that problem started actually from the very day we started planning our resolutions, I have experienced it too, not even once or twice but a couple of times it also got to a point I almost gave up on writing new year’s resolution until discovered and corrected this common mistakes I have been repeating all this while.

1.Differentiating what I wanted from what I needed; yeah it sounds silly right? but that’s the fact, there is a very bold and visible boundary drawn between needs and wants, when we are talking about needs, we are talking about those essential and mandatory things that must be available for our satisfaction, meaning that it is a necessity, and it must be available, now when we are talking about wants it means something we desire not that is not really necessary or important that just it’s not mandatory this where our goals, ,business and every other achievements falls into, now looking at this two, the major problem between them is interchanging them, placing needs in the area of wants and placing wants in the area of needs, when it comes to resolution writing, needs are not supposed to be there at all because you know fully well that no matter what happens, you must get what you need, you have been getting it before ,even before the new year, lets take food as an example, ’food’ is a basic need, we need it to survive and we know no matter what we will definitely have something to eat because we have been eating all this while, now it be will ridiculous if you should add food to your resolution lists, instead of placing your new business plans there, you see that’s silly, so before writing your plans for the year is good you sit down and try separating your needs from your wants if you must succeed with your plans this year.

2.Making your lists junky; of course I know there are lots of things you really wanted to accomplish this year, from graduating from college to getting a job, owning a new house or car and even getting married and all of that, oh my God, how are you going to do all that just in one year, yes definitely you are going to land crash on the way, so why not just make the list a little bit shorter and going for that it, I know everything on your list is important, but just try and sketch out the ones that are more important and try going for that first, rather than placing all your life plans in one year, there is one thing about a junky list ,you always get fed up with it, that is because anytime you look at the list and see a bunch of unachieved goals you always feel like a failure even when you have been able to fulfill one or two things on the lists, so why not save yourself the stress and moreover a shorter list will make you more focused and motivated .

3.Going for all at once; now after we have been able separate what we want from our needs and have been able to shorten our list, the next possible mistake is going for everything at once, hey relax!! You are not a superman, even God himself did not create everything in one day, so why did rush, be calm and take everything one after the other according to their importance, remember you can’t catch two rats at the same time, to make this possible rearrange your list and in order of their importance, and start working towards it, for instance you plan to search for a good job immediately after your university degree you can’t just start looking for the job right when you are still in school or probably when you are writing your projects, you just have to let one go first if must get the other one, that is how it should be, don’t just go for everything once, work according to how important they are to you.

4.Easily distracted ;finally now that you have been be able to come out with a reasonable resolution, the next thing is to stay focused on your goals, don’t be moved by your failure, it is not compulsory that you must achieve everything on your list before the end of the third quarter of the year, it might take a little a time, more than you expected, but don’t be discourage, it is the last quarter of the year does not mean it’s the last day on earth, and moreover many a times we fail on the attempt to achieve one of our goals on the list, sometimes because of that we just give up, we failed one doesn’t mean we shouldn’t move to other or should just dump the rest, no! instead failing one out of ten goals should even motivates you to achieve the rest nine, ”you are not a failure because you missed the first goal at out of five penalty kicks, but you are a failure because refused to continue playing the game, when there is still time, forgetting you still have other four chances”(ojiezele destiny)

Any questions, suggestions, comments or complaints? please let me know through the comment box thanks!!!

source;http://www.onosblogs..com

Re: Four Common Reasons Why Your Life Plans Ain't Working Out by BlackDBagba: 10:13pm On Jan 08, 2017
Nice writeup!
Re: Four Common Reasons Why Your Life Plans Ain't Working Out by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jan 08, 2017
Lalasticlala,, I know this isn't abt Snakes or Tonto Dikeh or Bobrisky buh pls move this to FP

(1) (Reply)

Forbes: When It's Time To Dump Your Career And Pursue Your Passion / Apply Now: Leap Africa Social Innovators Programme For Young Entrepreneurs / Nigeria Police Dismiss Four Officers For Extortion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.