Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,445 members, 7,781,290 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:53 AM

Is Nairaland Biased? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Nairaland Biased? (5731 Views)

Barcanista: Nairaland's Biased Political Analyst. / Is Nairaland Biased In Favour Of Apc? / Nigerian Military Condemns CNN For Their Biased Report On Their Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Nairaland Biased? by Otobroto(f): 5:47pm On Nov 23, 2009
I have noticed that Nairaland is fond of removing threads that never broke any rule, yet are still not allowed. Has anyone experienced this? Please share your experiences here!. I have experienced it twice today.
Re: Is Nairaland Biased? by Otobroto(f): 5:50pm On Nov 23, 2009
Why is that, when it was Bimbo Odukoya, Nairaland celebrated the HELL story by allowing it, and even posted that of Pastor Bakare at war with other men of GOD, but when it was the turn of Christ Embassy, the kept removing the post, why?.
Re: Is Nairaland Biased? by Otobroto(f): 5:51pm On Nov 23, 2009
Why do we accuse corrupt men out there, when our own houses are very dirty? I need people to share their experiences, please.
Re: Is Nairaland Biased? by Oboma1(m): 5:58pm On Nov 23, 2009
Thank you for having the courage to post this. I have noticed this several times, and I always thought, it was system failure, I never knew someone was out there manipulating things. Nairaland, GOD is watching you guys. If you allow other men of GOD to be brutalised by uncircumcised idiots on this forum, while protecting your own, you will never escape heavenly justice. That is my consolation!.
Re: Is Nairaland Biased? by Oboma1(m): 5:59pm On Nov 23, 2009
Tufia! (spits out), what a forum!.
Re: Is Nairaland Biased? by selingel: 6:01pm On Nov 23, 2009
Oboma1:

Thank you for having the courage to post this. I have noticed this several times, and I always thought, it was system failure, I never knew someone was out there manipulating things. Nairaland, GOD is watching you guys. If you allow other men of GOD to be brutalised by uncircumcised idiots on this forum, while protecting your own, you will never escape heavenly justice. That is my consolation!.

That is correct. Charity must begin at home, Shekinah!.
Re: Is Nairaland Biased? by Enjoyment1(f): 6:06pm On Nov 23, 2009
Otobroto:

Why is that, when it was Bimbo Odukoya, Nairaland celebrated the HELL story by allowing it, and even posted that of Pastor Bakare at war with other men of GOD, but when it was the turn of Christ Embassy, the kept removing the post, why?.

They had better practise a blanket ban on serious religious topics, rather than shielding their own. This is injustice!. Anyway, pardon me Nairaland. I learnt corruption is now a way of life in every facet of our lives in Nigeria. Carry go Nairaland!.
Re: Is Nairaland Biased? by Beaf: 6:10pm On Nov 23, 2009
Oboma1:

Na wa o! "Children" of God sha. embarassed embarassed
Re: Is Nairaland Biased? by Enjoyment1(f): 7:39pm On Nov 23, 2009
Beaf:

Na wa o! "Children" of God sha. embarassed embarassed

The truth must be told always, without any fear or favour. Why are they doing that!. I personally dont care if banned, but I have aired my mind, and I owe no one apology please!.
Re: Is Nairaland Biased? by Enjoyment1(f): 7:40pm On Nov 23, 2009
Richyblack, I want to know where you are worshipping? Post it here please!.
Re: Is Nairaland Biased? by Oboma1(m): 7:44pm On Nov 23, 2009
Enjoyment1:

Richyblack, I want to know where you are worshipping? Post it here please!.

Good question!.
Re: Is Nairaland Biased? by Oboma1(m): 7:46pm On Nov 23, 2009
In fact, I want to join PDP "People Deceive People" so that I can become a moderator on Nairaland. grin grin grin
Re: Is Nairaland Biased? by Oboma1(m): 7:49pm On Nov 23, 2009
In fact Richyblack, I have changed my mind. Will you come out of my laptop, so that we can fight it out here. Whoever wins, will become the moderator. I am really angry!. angry angry angry angry
Re: Is Nairaland Biased? by Oboma1(m): 7:49pm On Nov 23, 2009
N15m scam rocks Chris Oyakhilome’s church
23 November, 2009 01:27:00 Reports
Font size:
Another round of crisis is rocking Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s Christ Embassy, as a former student of Igbinedion University, Okada, Edo State, Victor Osagie, alias Jerry Finger, has admitted defrauding foreigners of $96,607( about N15million) and spending the proceeds on tithes and offerings in the church.

Osagie, a 23 -year old former Chemical Engineering student who dropped out of the university in 2004 due to what he called ‘family issues’, was picked up by operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) in Benin, following a petition by a regional compliance officer with Moneygram International, who suspected that the number of foreign ladies, mostly Americans and Germans, who have been sending money to the fraudster were victims of fraud.

A statement by EFCC’s head of publicity, Mr. Femi Babafemi, said the suspicion was triggered by a communication with one of the victims who told Moneygram that she met the fraudster over the internet and that she has been sending him money because he said he wanted to set up a business.

Investigations subsequently revealed that Osagie was a serial marriage scammer. Who fleeced his victims posing as Jerry Finger, a white British American expatriate working in Nigeria. Apart from sending photograph of a successful white male with the assumed Identity of a Jerry Finger to his victims and promising them marriage, he also told his victims that he was in Nigeria to execute a project and then demanded for money from them, with a promise to refund them when he was paid for the project. Some fell for the gimmick and paid.

Before he was finally nabbed, a total of $96,607.95 had been remitted to him by the victims. He collected the money through Moneygram desk in five different banks: United Bank for Africa Plc, Bank PHB, Spring Bank and Equitorial Trust Bank, using a fake driver’s licence with the name of Jerry Finger. Upon arrest, he confessed to the crime.

He said he started scamming in 2007, three years after he dropped out of the university. Before then he had worked as bar man in two hotels in Benin. He said he was forced to embrace internet fraud due to the pressure of fending for his family.

Investigations revealed that Osagie was so generous that Christ Embassy noticed and was concerned considering his age. But the fraudster explained that his income came from legitimate sources.

Curiously, he sees nothing wrong in defrauding people using his loot as offering and tithes.

He said he did not see anything untoward about his action, as money belongs to God and there was nothing wrong giving what he made from his fraudulent endeavours to promote the work of God.

He said he receives tremendous satisfaction knowing and seeing the people whose lives have been transformed through his giving. That for him was most edifying. He added that all those who gave him money did so willingly.

"They are all my friends. Up till now they are still my friends. If I call them now they will speak with me. I didn’t defraud any one. I only asked for assistance and they were willing to help, "he declared. He said the only action he took which he was not proud of was assuming the fake identity of a Jerry Finger.

The suspect, who was picked on October 23 has since been admitted to administrative bail, but will soon be charged to court.

Meanwhile, chairman of the EFCC, Mrs. Farida Waziri, has charged Nigerian youths to take up the gauntlet in the fight against corruption in the country. She made the call weekend when she received members of the National Youth Council of Nigeria (NYCN) in her office.

Waziri who was represented by Gabriel Aduda, head, strategy and re-orientation unit (SARU) said the youths should join the fight against corruption as the future belongs to them.

She said: "We are going to be working together to fight this scourge (corruption) that has eaten deep into the fabrics of our nation and has even begun to tamper with our national life because we have people dying from road accident because roads have not been built and money meant for that has been stolen. We have people dying from diseases that should have been cured because those drugs never got to the hospitals or they got to the hospitals and later disappeared. So whether we like it or not, directly or indirectly, we have been affected by corruption."

She said the fight against corruption was not for EFCC alone but for all Nigerians, adding that the need to create awareness on this, gave birth to the Anti-Corruption Revolution Campaign, ANCOR, an enlightenment campaign programme that is aimed at giving Nigerians the opportunity to ownership of the fight against corruption.

In his remarks, acting president of the National Youth Council of Nigeria, Deolu Sotade George, showered encomiums on Waziri and the Commission especially over the recent conviction of Chief Bode George by a Lagos High Court.

He said with the successful prosecution and conviction of Chief Bode George, former chairman of the Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA), Waziri has shown that she was determined to root out corruption from Nigeria.

http://www.champion.com.ng/index.php?news=22797
Re: Is Nairaland Biased? by Oboma1(m): 7:51pm On Nov 23, 2009
If you try to remove this, I will wire Sango to you, immediately.
Re: Is Nairaland Biased? by Oboma1(m): 7:55pm On Nov 23, 2009
Can you belief it? The guy has been removing this thread that has this topic: "N15m scam rocks Chris Oyakhilome’s church". If it is a lie, can someone check it out at this site, and try posting at Nairaland: http://www.champion.com.ng/index.php?news=22797. That is my evidence on my allegation against Nairaland
Re: Is Nairaland Biased? by selingel: 7:58pm On Nov 23, 2009
Oboma1:

Can you belief it? The guy has been removing this thread that has this topic: "N15m scam rocks Chris Oyakhilome’s church". If it is a lie, can someone check it out at this site, and try posting at Nairaland: http://www.champion.com.ng/index.php?news=22797. That is my evidence on my allegation against Nairaland

Na true oh!. Nairalanders, I hereby forward this as exhibit one!.
Re: Is Nairaland Biased? by selingel: 8:00pm On Nov 23, 2009
In fact, I will post a new topic on Nairaland titled, "Is Nairaland Free and Fair?"
Re: Is Nairaland Biased? by selingel: 8:01pm On Nov 23, 2009
I will use this topic and site as reference.
Re: Is Nairaland Biased? by Otobroto(f): 8:09pm On Nov 23, 2009
selingel:

Na true oh!. Nairalanders, I hereby forward this as exhibit one!.

Thank GOD I am not the one who discovered what Nairaland is doing.
Re: Is Nairaland Biased? by Otobroto(f): 8:11pm On Nov 23, 2009
I hereby second the motion to forward that site and the attempt to post and it is being removed immediately, as exhibit one to Option A4 court grin grin grin in Nigeria.
Re: Is Nairaland Biased? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Nov 23, 2009
Na wa oh. Abeg what is good for Redeemed is good for Christ Embassy oh, just imagine oh, Partia on our own Nairaland
Re: Is Nairaland Biased? by Otobroto(f): 8:21pm On Nov 23, 2009
Meanwhile, given every opportunity, anything that has to do with any man of GOD no matter how small, I will support it to be removed. My annoyance is, why selective justice. Why have you " grin Ribadulised grin" this forum? Why?. If you want to remove, please remove all, and if you want to allow them, then let it be blanket!. Because of GOD and his Holy Book, I will advise, they all be removed totally.

If you think my head is not correct, go and read the rubbish under the thread, "Bimbo Odukoya is in HELL", then you will support me. People should mind their comments, because all these words will stand as evidence for and against them, in the day of judgement. I know of a sect, that will disagree with that anyway, but the truth remains, after death, there is judgement. After judgement, there is HEAVEN and there is HELL!. Mend your ways, and do what is right always!.
Re: Is Nairaland Biased? by Otobroto(f): 8:23pm On Nov 23, 2009
aisha2:

Na wa oh. Abeg what is good for Redeemed is good for Christ Embassy oh, just imagine oh, Partia on our own Nairaland

Partialility!.
Re: Is Nairaland Biased? by selingel: 8:33pm On Nov 23, 2009
aisha2:

Thank GOD people like you are screaming out loud now. This exactly what Ribadu did, today he is paying for it. Nairaland, why start so well, and now want to rubbish your record? Why/
Re: Is Nairaland Biased? by Enjoyment1(f): 8:39pm On Nov 23, 2009
aisha2:

Nairalanders, please stand up and shout now for this injustice!. The time to do it is now!
Re: Is Nairaland Biased? by honeric01(m): 8:54pm On Nov 23, 2009
lol grin grin grin grin grin PDP
Re: Is Nairaland Biased? by Oboma1(m): 9:12pm On Nov 23, 2009
Lol!. The government of "People Deceive People" is in firm grip of Nairaland. Posters beware!.
Re: Is Nairaland Biased? by Oboma1(m): 9:13pm On Nov 23, 2009
aisha2:

Tell them!.
Re: Is Nairaland Biased? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Nov 23, 2009
Who is nresponsible for this sacrilage? Better come and respond to this heavy allegations oh. Nairalanders say No to selective deleting of post. We no go gree oh, we no go gree
Re: Is Nairaland Biased? by Oboma1(m): 9:24pm On Nov 23, 2009
aisha2:

Who is nresponsible for this sacrilage? Better come and respond to this heavy allegations oh. Nairalanders say No to selective deleting of post. We no go gree oh, we no go gree

We no gree oh!, we no gree!, stop this sacrilege, we no go gree!.
Re: Is Nairaland Biased? by Oboma1(m): 9:26pm On Nov 23, 2009
Another round of crisis is rocking Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s Christ Embassy, as a former student of Igbinedion University, Okada, Edo State, Victor Osagie, alias Jerry Finger, has admitted defrauding foreigners of $96,607( about N15million) and spending the proceeds on tithes and offerings in the church.

Osagie, a 23 -year old former Chemical Engineering student who dropped out of the university in 2004 due to what he called ‘family issues’, was picked up by operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) in Benin, following a petition by a regional compliance officer with Moneygram International, who suspected that the number of foreign ladies, mostly Americans and Germans, who have been sending money to the fraudster were victims of fraud.

A statement by EFCC’s head of publicity, Mr. Femi Babafemi, said the suspicion was triggered by a communication with one of the victims who told Moneygram that she met the fraudster over the internet and that she has been sending him money because he said he wanted to set up a business.

Investigations subsequently revealed that Osagie was a serial marriage scammer. Who fleeced his victims posing as Jerry Finger, a white British American expatriate working in Nigeria. Apart from sending photograph of a successful white male with the assumed Identity of a Jerry Finger to his victims and promising them marriage, he also told his victims that he was in Nigeria to execute a project and then demanded for money from them, with a promise to refund them when he was paid for the project. Some fell for the gimmick and paid.

Before he was finally nabbed, a total of $96,607.95 had been remitted to him by the victims. He collected the money through Moneygram desk in five different banks: United Bank for Africa Plc, Bank PHB, Spring Bank and Equitorial Trust Bank, using a fake driver’s licence with the name of Jerry Finger. Upon arrest, he confessed to the crime.

He said he started scamming in 2007, three years after he dropped out of the university. Before then he had worked as bar man in two hotels in Benin. He said he was forced to embrace internet fraud due to the pressure of fending for his family.

Investigations revealed that Osagie was so generous that Christ Embassy noticed and was concerned considering his age. But the fraudster explained that his income came from legitimate sources.

Curiously, he sees nothing wrong in defrauding people using his loot as offering and tithes.

He said he did not see anything untoward about his action, as money belongs to God and there was nothing wrong giving what he made from his fraudulent endeavours to promote the work of God.

He said he receives tremendous satisfaction knowing and seeing the people whose lives have been transformed through his giving. That for him was most edifying. He added that all those who gave him money did so willingly.

"They are all my friends. Up till now they are still my friends. If I call them now they will speak with me. I didn’t defraud any one. I only asked for assistance and they were willing to help, "he declared. He said the only action he took which he was not proud of was assuming the fake identity of a Jerry Finger.

The suspect, who was picked on October 23 has since been admitted to administrative bail, but will soon be charged to court.

Meanwhile, chairman of the EFCC, Mrs. Farida Waziri, has charged Nigerian youths to take up the gauntlet in the fight against corruption in the country. She made the call weekend when she received members of the National Youth Council of Nigeria (NYCN) in her office.

Waziri who was represented by Gabriel Aduda, head, strategy and re-orientation unit (SARU) said the youths should join the fight against corruption as the future belongs to them.

She said: "We are going to be working together to fight this scourge (corruption) that has eaten deep into the fabrics of our nation and has even begun to tamper with our national life because we have people dying from road accident because roads have not been built and money meant for that has been stolen. We have people dying from diseases that should have been cured because those drugs never got to the hospitals or they got to the hospitals and later disappeared. So whether we like it or not, directly or indirectly, we have been affected by corruption."

She said the fight against corruption was not for EFCC alone but for all Nigerians, adding that the need to create awareness on this, gave birth to the Anti-Corruption Revolution Campaign, ANCOR, an enlightenment campaign programme that is aimed at giving Nigerians the opportunity to ownership of the fight against corruption.

In his remarks, acting president of the National Youth Council of Nigeria, Deolu Sotade George, showered encomiums on Waziri and the Commission especially over the recent conviction of Chief Bode George by a Lagos High Court.

He said with the successful prosecution and conviction of Chief Bode George, former chairman of the Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA), Waziri has shown that she was determined to root out corruption from Nigeria.

http://www.champion.com.ng/index.php?news=22797

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bomb Blast Injures Four In Bauchi! / Battle Of Ia Drang: LZ XRAY / Updated List Of Countries Nigerians Can Travel To Without A Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.