Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,448 members, 7,801,066 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:33 AM

School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) (125461 Views)

Fire Incident At Anchor University (Photos) / Anchor University Lagos 2017 / 2018 Admission Processing Ongoing. Admission Fo / Anchor University: Deeper Life Bible Church Gives 30% Discount To Members. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by Timothy3113(m): 9:38pm On Jan 09, 2017
lionlamb020:

Let's stop all this hypocrisy abeg... Have you ever opened a nursery before?? If it were about profit what would you say about American university? Most of these fees are the only reasons why those schools haven't closed down. I was also once a sceptic concerning this, until I realized that the schools wouldn't have been able to maintain those standards if they had the same fees with government unis.. Cos after the building which y'all are talking about that was built with tithes and offerings (which isn't completely true BTW) they have to do the harder task - RUN the school.. *think*
Bro you never answered my question??

Is the university established for the purpose of profit making or for the masses.

Ask yourself these questions why is it always that it is only the church owned university school fees that is highly critised??

A church is non profitable, charitable organisation, so what happens when a member of a non profitable organisation contribute to a project and it is not serving the purpose of the organisation.

And you saying have ever managed a nursery school before?? You don't even know me. In regards to that I can choose to make any amount my school fee, because people don't pay tithe, offering and projects fee to me.

I think am in support of the new FRCN law on our churches

3 Likes

Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by futurewise11(m): 9:43pm On Jan 09, 2017
emmasege:
You are absolutely wrong. There's no free quality education anywhere in the world. Someone or some people are paying for it. If only you knew the running cost of standard universities in Nigeria, you would understand that no church no matter how rich they are, is buoyant enough to provide quality university education in Nigeria at no or low tuition fees. The best they can do is to come up with scholarship schemes for their own members or individuals they adopted through mission works. And I think Pastor Kumuyi would be thinking along this line.

Get it clear, am a product of the church an these are just my own rational opinion about this topic. What is the benefit of church member in this university? If the church was built with there money and they cant get any benefit from the school in terms of tuition reduction or scholarship is that not scam? The only discount on there website is for only Pastors, So its only pastors that contribute financially to the university or they are holier than other other church member?

7 Likes

Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by lionlamb020(m): 9:44pm On Jan 09, 2017
Timothy3113:

Is the university established for the purpose of profit making or for the masses.

Ask yourself these questions why is it always that it is only the church owned university school fees that is highly critised??

A church is non profitable, charitable organisation, so what happens when a member of a non profitable organisation contribute to a project and it is not serving the purpose of the organisation.

I think am in support of the new FRCN law.
First of all, you can't ascertain if they're making profit or not because we don't know they're running costs, secondly these churches run other charity programmes that they aren't given credit for because most people are focusing on the high cost of schooling in their institutions... So once again let's give them a break abeg

1 Like

Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by sirvvy: 9:51pm On Jan 09, 2017
The fees is high but how do you expect them to pay the Professors, Lecturers and other staff. It is not a Federal University where the Government pays the workers undecided

3 Likes

Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by oruma19: 10:16pm On Jan 09, 2017
seunny4lif:
grin grin grin
Christianity is now a super business grin grin grin grin
Mehn see money
mega super business. I just finished declaring I would be going back to deeperlife because of what I see and experience in living faith church aka winners chapel, but with what I am reading now, I hands up. These guys are seriously doing business. Deeperlife has over 80% of very poor members, how will they attend the school that was built with their tithes and offerings? To say I am disappointed is an understatement. I rily am pissed with Nigerian pastors. I am going to Jesus on a solo level. I want to know God by myself I don't need these men anymore. The deceit is just too much.

7 Likes

Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by Zaheertyler(m): 10:22pm On Jan 09, 2017
its too much abeg.....there is no excuse

1 Like

Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by seunny4lif(m): 10:32pm On Jan 09, 2017
grin grin grin
I was born and raised in Deeper
I stop attending the church after people donated thier money for the sec school and they told them the fees for a term is 100K in year 2009
How much be my mom salary
oruma19:
mega super business. I just finished declaring I would be going back to deeperlife because of what I see and experience in living faith church aka winners chapel, but with what I am reading now, I hands up. These guys are seriously doing business. Deeperlife has over 80% of very poor members, how will they attend the school that was built with their tithes and offerings? To say I am disappointed is an understatement. I rily am pissed with Nigerian pastors. I am going to Jesus on a solo level. I want to know God by myself I don't need these men anymore. The deceit is just too much.

7 Likes

Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by gUdbOiii(m): 10:40pm On Jan 09, 2017
Latest Scholarship Update from Federal Ministry of Education

http://belovedkonsult.com/latest-scholarship-from-federal-ministry-of-education/

1 Like

Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by loomer: 11:02pm On Jan 09, 2017
jeebz:
Another thread looking to condemn private christian universities.

1. Quality education is not cheap anywhere in the world. Check Harvard, Princeton and similar universities.
2. I believe that the church would have a scholarship scheme for bright students who are members and non-members of the church.
3. Remember, this is a second private university in Lagos.

We can only give them say a ten period before we judge.

Oga keep quiet jare.
Quality education no cheap.
When the members dey contribute to build church u dey there?
When all these people go dey use religion dey milk poor people.
Yeye dey smell

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by Raptureminded(m): 11:14pm On Jan 09, 2017
I tink dere is 20% discount for pioner student plus 10% discount for some specific student. I read dat tody after mbs
Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by gbugbru(m): 11:26pm On Jan 09, 2017
Daboywizzy:
Let kumuyi continue to mislead people with a doctrine from hell.
You are a big fool... What does your generation ever achieved compared to the gallant achievement this single individual has. Learn to keep you mouth shut... Air tight I mean...

4 Likes

Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by mustmust(m): 11:34pm On Jan 09, 2017
Jokerman:
so poor deeper lifers can't attend this school too.... grin

I see....

Your fada grin grin

2 Likes

Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by Daboywizzy: 12:16am On Jan 10, 2017
Hm

6 Likes

Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by general111(m): 3:20am On Jan 10, 2017
TheMascot:
truth is it shouldn't have been started in the first place..if the work of the church Is for profit not for evangelism then we all know what it is..A business Venture..this is where freeze gets his strong point from...
bros abeg leave mater.if they don't make profits,how will they improve on what they already started.people give offering and tithes to serve the purpose of God.winning souls is not the only way we can serve God.creating a better learning facility,which encourages high morality is also another way..rest it man.

2 Likes

Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by SmartMugu: 5:14am On Jan 10, 2017
Advertisement
Willing to rent properties in Lekki, Victoria Island, Ikoyi, Maitama, and Banana Island to start with for the purpose of opening up a business based on religion.

Job Opportunities
Talented people only. Your talent is measured by how much money you bring in. Whatever you have to do to bring in the income is your business, just bring it in.

If you have to pay people to dance to your tunes, back up whatever you tell them or pretend miracles, it's all yours, just bring in the money.

Eventually, the management will open up private universities to make more money from everyone.

To apply, post your resume on this thread.Don't forget to include your money making skills on your resume.

2 Likes

Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by DrayZee: 5:45am On Jan 10, 2017
obyrich:
They are not running a charity organisation abi? They must be big time FRAUSTERS to be incorporated as non profitable organisation with CAC. I think you are the hypocrite here. Government should tax them heavily.
And who told you that the school are not being taxed?nthats like saying Bells University will not be taxed because it was opened by OBJ in govt. undecided. Get your facts right before rushing to degrade others. If you no like the school,or you think they are fraudsters, or their price is too high, then you can look somewhere else. In most countries I hear of how parents saved money to send their children to Colleges and universities. Because they're expensive and carry quality. But in Nigeria virtually any salary earner can pay the governments fees. And yu think our quality of education is not low? That's why you don't hear all these rubbish happening in public Uni's at MOST (not all) of the private ones.

6 Likes

Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by slydog(m): 6:04am On Jan 10, 2017
futurewise11:

Firstly, you are wrong.Quality Education in Germany is free.No one is asking the church to upgrade there standard upto ivy league schools level for free.look for another excuse.

How many church members get those scholarships apart from there pastors family?

Honestly the financial activities of Religious body in Nigeria need to be checkmated.

The free quality education in Germany was it built and maintained by churches? Direct your anger to the govt to improve the quality of public universities

5 Likes

Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by obyrich(m): 6:08am On Jan 10, 2017
DrayZee:
And who told you that the school are not being taxed?nthats like saying Bells University will not be taxed because it was opened by OBJ in govt. undecided. Get your facts right before rushing to degrade others. If you no like the school,or you think they are fraudsters, or their price is too high, then you can look somewhere else. In most countries I hear of how parents saved money to send their children to Colleges and universities. Because they're expensive and carry quality. But in Nigeria virtually any salary earner can pay the governments fees. And yu think our quality of education is not low? That's why you don't hear all these rubbish happening in public Uni's at MOST (not all) of the private ones.
Obasanjo is not a general overseer of any church. He didn't raise funds via contribution from members to build Bells Uni. He can charge any amount of money he so desires. Quality education my foot. Who told you products of the so called expensive private universities are better than their counterparts from cheap public Universities? Olodo na olodo.

7 Likes

Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by TheMascot(m): 6:49am On Jan 10, 2017
general111:
bros abeg leave mater.if they don't make profits,how will they improve on what they already started.people give offering and tithes to serve the purpose of God.winning souls is not the only way we can serve God.creating a better learning facility,which encourages high morality is also another way..rest it man.
wait.. lol..high morality?? do you see the things going on there? our blogs and websites are filled with covenant university girls doing this and dat, morality my foot, that place is were u are forced to serve one religion, release those people into the world and the outcome is a bunch of spoilt brats...look am not against the continuity of a business..but I am questioning the incentive for starting it..like it or not the truth is that they just wanted to make money, money for what? well I would have said for the work of God but..we hardly see anything from all these big churches, at least during the time of Jesus he was knowing for his charity even among 12 homeless disciples they still budgeted for charity ..but tell me compared to the wealth this churches amass, can the same be said for them?

7 Likes

Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by TheMascot(m): 6:51am On Jan 10, 2017
futurewise11:

Get it clear, am a product of the church an these are just my own rational opinion about this topic. What is the benefit of church member in this university? If the church was built with there money and they cant get any benefit from the school in terms of tuition reduction or scholarship is that not scam? The only discount on there website is for only Pastors, So its only pastors that contribute financially to the university or they are holier than other other church member?
no wait..why should it even be about only the church members..I think we are brothers and sisters in Christ? wat happened to reducing it for Christians

4 Likes

Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by DrayZee: 6:55am On Jan 10, 2017
obyrich:
Obasanjo is not a general overseer of any church. He didn't raise funds via contribution from members to build Bells Uni. He can charge any amount of money he so desires. Quality education my foot. Who told you products of the so called expensive private universities are better than their counterparts from cheap public Universities? Olodo na olodo.
Well, you are clearly not a reasonable fellow. So because money was raised via the church, that means that he should reduce the school fees to nothing. Then tell me how he's supposed to maintain a school with such standard without adequate funding. This is not the government we're talking about. How will he pay lecturers, cleaners, windows washers? How will he buy facilities? How will he pay for electricity and general running costs of the school? Because you attended a public you have been brainwashed to believe that a 50k fee per student is enough to run a school. Sit down and think well.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by TheMascot(m): 7:02am On Jan 10, 2017
lionlamb020:

First of all, you can't ascertain if they're making profit or not because we don't know they're running costs, secondly these churches run other charity programmes that they aren't given credit for because most people are focusing on the high cost of schooling in their institutions... So once again let's give them a break abeg
bro we would have given them a break but..it involves money from poor people who give it out to "God" but we see school fees of 600k.. more than half a million, so they should be the ones giving us a break..from all these lies, cover up stories and flamboyant lifestyle..

3 Likes

Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by TheMascot(m): 7:06am On Jan 10, 2017
gbugbru:

You are a big fool... What does your generation ever achieved compared to the gallant achievement this single individual has. Learn to keep you mouth shut... Air tight I mean...
give me the kind of Money he gets from offering and watch me become the greatest name in Africa..so many charity works that out of every 5 people, one will be sponsored by one of my schemes..
Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by TheMascot(m): 7:11am On Jan 10, 2017
lionlamb020:

Which strong point?? undecided the bigger picture you guys have refused to see is that people don't feel secure sending their children to higher institutions to become cultists and prostitutes etc.. There's a bit more control over their influences and conduct when they're in these institutions. That's what they're there for! To help them maintain their faith as students, and still give quality, well facilitated education.. charity isn't the only way of evangelism... if you really wanna "evangelise" like it's so easy, start a business and give out everything for half the cost price or even for free and make no profit at all, then see how long you're going to carry on
oh..so you are saying now that it is a business? if I start something with my money, theres less charity and more business but when u start something with the money of over 5million people then if 4million can't benefit from it for free or less than normal it's of no use..you only wanted to get richer through them..and thats the truth...bro look around you..look at turkey, look at USA , look at Italy..people got fed up and are living the way they are..look around you, Nigerians might be slow to anger but when dey eventually get it right, these pastors will be in for it..just saying, they should better fuel all thier jets when that time comes

1 Like

Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by hardbody: 7:23am On Jan 10, 2017
Jokerman:
so poor deeper lifers can't attend this school too.... grin

I see....

Do the poor pay tithes in these churches? If they do, are they supposed to benefit from their contributions?

I just wonder how these people think.

Anyways, not their fault, after all the bible said they will take from the poor and give to the rich. So sad.

2 Likes

Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by hardbody: 7:29am On Jan 10, 2017
DrayZee:
Well, you are clearly not a reasonable fellow. So because money was raised via the church, that means that he should reduce the school fees to nothing. Then tell me how he's supposed to maintain a school with such standard without adequate funding. This is not the government we're talking about. How will he pay lecturers, cleaners, windows washers? How will he buy facilities? How will he pay for electricity and general running costs of the school? Because you attended a public you have been brainwashed to believe that a 50k fee per student is enough to run a school. Sit down and think well.

They do not need to pay anyone. It should be communal service by members who at best should be paid stipends. That way the school remains accessible to the tithers whose monies were used in the first place to set up the citadel

1 Like

Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by Nobody: 8:05am On Jan 10, 2017
Timothy3113:

I think am in support of the new FRCN law.

What you said begs the question: what makes you think that a church is a non-profitable organisation, and then you should tell me also, if a church is a non-profitable organisation then how do some churches get the funds to pay their pastors(workers)?

1 Like

Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by Timothy3113(m): 9:10am On Jan 10, 2017
dayvi:

What you said begs the question: what makes you think that a church is a non-profitable organisation, and then you should tell me also, if a church is a non-profitable organisation then how do some churches get the funds to pay their pastors(workers)?
Hmm my Brother let just be Christ-like because would my Lord Jesus build a University with tithe and offering of the poor and the rich but the only people who would be able to afford it , is the rich man.
God bless

1 Like

Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by Nobody: 9:28am On Jan 10, 2017
Timothy3113:
Hmm my Brother let just be Christ-like because would my Lord Jesus build a University with tithe and offering of the poor and the rich but the only people who would be able to afford it , is the rich man.
God bless

I understand but are Christians supposed to dictate the way the church use funds that are generated via tithes and offerings?.

1 Like

Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by Donald50: 9:37am On Jan 10, 2017
Daboywizzy:
Let kumuyi continue to mislead people with a doctrine from hell.
Learn how to think before you speak...

1 Like

Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by EmmySparky(m): 9:38am On Jan 10, 2017
lionlamb020:

Let's stop all this hypocrisy abeg... Have you ever opened a nursery before?? If it were about profit what would you say about American university? Most of these fees are the only reasons why those schools haven't closed down. I was also once a sceptic concerning this, until I realized that the schools wouldn't have been able to maintain those standards if they had the same fees with government unis.. Cos after the building which y'all are talking about that was built with tithes and offerings (which isn't completely true BTW) they have to do the harder task - RUN the school.. *think*
oga answer his question
Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by EmmySparky(m): 9:44am On Jan 10, 2017
All of you saying poo about education not being cheap...remember this is a missionary school...schools built with tithe payers money...the people that actually send there kids to these kinda schools aint even beleivers ...and the church accepts them ...while the real prayer warriors that fast and pray day and night for the development of the church can't enjoy the benefits of their prayers.... its all about the money.....Money Money Money....So pathetic

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Free Downloadable Post Utme Past Questions And Answers for University Aspirants. / Download Sweet Sixteen by Bolaji Abdullahi JAMB 2020 [Compulsory English Novel] / The Easiest University To Get Admission For Medicine And Surgery In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.