Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,488 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:25 PM

Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? (7712 Views)

Poll: Who should keep the ring

The man: 62% (10 votes)
The woman: 37% (6 votes)
This poll has ended

My Engagement aω̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ Wedding Pictures / She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own / Homeless Man Returns Diamond Engagement Ring; he's Rewarded With Over $180,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by alexben(m): 8:00pm On Feb 12, 2010
Most women would def return da ring, and most men would want da ring back.Either way
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by Fhemmmy: 11:38pm On Feb 14, 2010
Yes they might wanna return it, but a real man will leave the ring for the woman.
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by Fhemmmy: 7:49pm On Feb 22, 2010
The ring has been given to the woman and it belongs to the woman and not 2 ways around it
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by Kgdavid(m): 3:17pm On May 25, 2010
so if you divorce your wife will you give her the house? the ring is a symbol of a union and if the union is broken y the hell would you keep my ring? i wouldnt want my wife keeping rings from broken engagements
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by Fhemmmy: 7:54pm On May 25, 2010
Kgdavid:

so if you divorce your wife will you give her the house? the ring is a symbol of a union and if the union is broken y the hell would you keep my ring? i wouldnt want my wife keeping rings from broken engagements

When you divorce in a place where there is a law, you ought to share it 50:50.
Besides, you gave the ring to her and it is no more yours
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by meyri: 5:29pm On May 26, 2010
The man should get the ring. The engagement ring was a promise to get married in the future. That promise is broken and therefore the ring should be given back.
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by Fhemmmy: 7:45pm On May 26, 2010
The woman shd sell the drink and use the money to host her friends to celebrate liberation from the man
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by dotunbond(m): 1:00pm On Dec 16, 2010
The ring should be returned.The ring belong to the man,the man weds the woman,he takes the woman as a wife and the way he shows his commitment is by giving the ring to the one he chooses to wed.if before marriage the engagement is broken,the ring is to be return indicating a break in the engagement.
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by Fhemmmy: 2:33pm On Dec 16, 2010
dotunbond:

The ring should be returned.The ring belong to the man,the man weds the woman,he takes the woman as a wife and the way he shows his commitment is by giving the ring to the one he chooses to wed.if before marriage the engagement is broken,the ring is to be return indicating a break in the engagement.

You seems to be referring to the wedding band, remember they are not married yet and the ring, i see it as a promise to marry.
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by dotunbond(m): 2:49pm On Dec 16, 2010
Exactly it represents a promise to marry and if it breaks off, the ring is of no use to the lady anymore and the guy will present it to the next person he deems fit to wear it as a sign of his promise to marry
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by Fhemmmy: 2:55pm On Dec 16, 2010
dotunbond:

Exactly it represents a promise to marry and if it breaks off, the ring is of no use to the lady anymore and the guy will present it to the next person he deems fit to wear it as a sign of his promise to marry

I think the woman shd take the ring, cos he gave it to her already
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by dotunbond(m): 3:03pm On Dec 16, 2010
So if the woman keeps the ring what is she meant to do with it?
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by babyme1(f): 3:17pm On Dec 16, 2010
dotunbond:

I wouldn't wear an old engagement ring from my fiance's ex,hell no!
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by dotunbond(m): 3:27pm On Dec 16, 2010
Do you think you will know if he gave you the same ring?men are good @ keeping such things away from women u know!
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by babyme1(f): 3:35pm On Dec 16, 2010
dotunbond:

Do you think you will know if he gave you the same ring?men are good @ keeping such things away from women u know!

Seriously? Going to do some investigation now angry angry
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by dotunbond(m): 3:37pm On Dec 16, 2010
lol, u better start digging smiley
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by softgirl1: 4:29pm On Dec 16, 2010
the ring should be the first ting u tro to him when the relationship fails why would u keep his ring u would also be blocking ur way cos as far as am consern it is a simbol of his love for u and to me it is a convant so give him back his ring if the relationship fails so that u can move on
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by Fhemmmy: 8:29pm On Dec 16, 2010
soft girl:

the ring should be the first ting u tro to him when the relationship fails why would u keep his ring u would also be blocking your way cos as far as am consern it is a simbol of his love for u and to me it is a convant so give him back his ring if the relationship fails so that u can move on

You could sell the ring and use the money to take out your lady friends
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by Wumine(f): 10:30pm On Dec 19, 2010
The lady, except she doesn't want it
or better still
take[b] Fhemmy's [/b] advice: sell the ring and have a ladies night out
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by vizion: 9:27pm On Apr 01, 2012
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by Fhemmmy: 3:48pm On Jun 01, 2012
Wumine: The lady, except she doesn't want it
or better still
take[b] Fhemmy's [/b] advice: sell the ring and have a ladies night out

Very true, take the ring, have lady's night out and have some fun

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

True Spiritual Information About Dada (dreadlocks) / Anyone Here That Doesn't Want To Get Married? / Was The Wife Inappropriate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.