Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,325 members, 7,780,807 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:51 PM

How Much Do Nollywood Actors/actresses Make Per Movie? - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / How Much Do Nollywood Actors/actresses Make Per Movie? (66419 Views)

See The Nigerian Actors/actresses That Have Died So Far(pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Do Nollywood Actors/actresses Make Per Movie? by NevetsIbot(m): 10:13am On Feb 03, 2017
who's that that said Odunlade colects 180k?
Re: How Much Do Nollywood Actors/actresses Make Per Movie? by toshmann(m): 10:19am On Feb 03, 2017
How much do they pay to watch nollywood "movies" cool
Re: How Much Do Nollywood Actors/actresses Make Per Movie? by SIRmanjar(m): 10:19am On Feb 03, 2017
One told me dey gave her 30k for a role she playd last month I was so suprised but she made me understand dat some even pay d producerz to feature in a movie.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Do Nollywood Actors/actresses Make Per Movie? by granely(f): 10:20am On Feb 03, 2017
No fixed rate. Unknown ones earn as low as 5K per movie. B list stars like Cha Cha Eke and Ken Erics Ugo earn between 500k and 800k per movie. A listers like Oauofia earn 1.5 to 2.5 mil. The likes of Blossom earn about 300K. Little Regina Daniels earns between 300 and 500k. Several others earn between 50 and 150k. It all depends on your popularity and talent level.

Someone earn 2k also while some, especially women, earn nothing at all, sleep with the producers and the directors on top of the matter, even the pm, and pas
No fixed rate. Unknown ones earn as low as 5K per movie. B list stars like Cha Cha Eke and Ken Erics Ugo earn between 500k and 800k per movie. A listers like Oauofia earn 1.5 to 2.5 mil. The likes of Blossom earn about 300K. Little Regina Daniels earns between 300 and 500k. Several others earn between 50 and 150k. It all depends on your popularity and talent level.

Someone earn 2k also while some, especially women, earn nothing at all, sleep with the producers and the directors on top of the matter, even the pm, and pas
[quote]No fixed rate. Unknown ones earn as low as 5K per movie. B list stars like Cha Cha Eke and Ken Erics Ugo earn between 500k and 800k per movie. A listers like Oauofia earn 1.5 to 2.5 mil. The likes of Blossom earn about 300K. Little Regina Daniels earns between 300 and 500k. Several others earn between 50 and 150k. It all depends on your popularity and talent level.

Blossom earns more than ken Erics Ugo, please don't underrate blossom
Re: How Much Do Nollywood Actors/actresses Make Per Movie? by JennieCutie4U(f): 10:20am On Feb 03, 2017
you no go mind ya business amebo lol

Re: How Much Do Nollywood Actors/actresses Make Per Movie? by win3k: 10:20am On Feb 03, 2017

lol, this made me laugh....so true!
Re: How Much Do Nollywood Actors/actresses Make Per Movie? by Sezua(m): 10:22am On Feb 03, 2017
From a reliable source

for transport back home and bottle of coke
Re: How Much Do Nollywood Actors/actresses Make Per Movie? by emsco(m): 10:24am On Feb 03, 2017
ephi123:
With the figures I'm seeing above, then where do the G-Wagons come from?
most A list actors earn alot.Am a cinematographer.omotola was paid close to 8million naira for a movie project i was part of last year.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Do Nollywood Actors/actresses Make Per Movie? by ephi123(f): 10:32am On Feb 03, 2017
tolexy007:

same questions that i keep asking myself, pls incase u find answer, pls let me know

grin grin grin

grin
Re: How Much Do Nollywood Actors/actresses Make Per Movie? by ephi123(f): 10:34am On Feb 03, 2017
emsco:
most A list actors earn alot.Am a cinematographer.omotola was paid close to 8million naira for a movie project i was part of last year.

With the A list actors, it is understandable as some of them have endorsements, so are not limited to just what they earn for movies. But what we've seen are people who seldom act in more than a few movies a year flaunting G-wagons.

Btw, that's an interesting job you've got.
Re: How Much Do Nollywood Actors/actresses Make Per Movie? by Nobody: 10:35am On Feb 03, 2017
Nollyconnect:

I quite agree with some of your answers. However, it is wrong to taint the women in this Industry as cheap and ones who sleep around. Like every other thing in life, it takes consistency and hard work to achieve your dreams. There a lot of talented women in the industry who are coming out by the day with nothing but raw talent.
Guy Sorry to burst you bubble for women its not talent alone. Sleeping with producers is the norm in the industry as a producer or director you dont need to ask it will be given to you. thrown at you like frisbees. Take it from someone who has worked with actors and producers. Its so bad that even the friends of the producers get their share.
and this is a common practice from Nollywood to Hollywood

4 Likes

Re: How Much Do Nollywood Actors/actresses Make Per Movie? by Ademoore07(m): 10:43am On Feb 03, 2017
jconsulting:
Some good ones earns up to 1m
Examples are Ramsey Noah, Genevieve Nnaji, omotola jolade
Re: How Much Do Nollywood Actors/actresses Make Per Movie? by EmperorTech: 10:44am On Feb 03, 2017
Babzilla:

Guy Sorry to burst you bubble for women its not talent alone. Sleeping with producers is the norm in the industry as a producer or director you dont need to ask it will be given to you. thrown at you like frisbees. Take it from someone who has worked with actors and producers. Its so bad that even the friends of the producers get their share.

I want to be a producer, I need their freebies.
Re: How Much Do Nollywood Actors/actresses Make Per Movie? by skaramanga: 10:46am On Feb 03, 2017
emsco:

All hype, please. Some of these actresses claim that they are paid big bucks so that they can explain the source of income to pay rent for their expensive flats and those GWagons.
The truth is that most of the so called big time actresses are simply Expensive bed mates to wealthy businessmen and politicians
A sitting president once turned himself to PR agent and used his residence to showcase Omoni Obolis film
A minister of foreign affairs turned himself to PA for Stephanie Okereke
The list of governors paying rent and offering jobs to these actresses is endless
The big time actresses know where their source of livelihood comes from

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Do Nollywood Actors/actresses Make Per Movie? by Nobody: 10:50am On Feb 03, 2017
EmperorTech:

I want to be a producer, I need their freebies.
Bro I swear na you go tire
There was this producer/director that was doing some work for my organization. Fortunately he was in abuja for an audition So I stopped by to collect some documents from him. O boy you need to see the babes there .. like 80 babes came for that audition. After we had talked and done our business on my way out like 5 chics followed me. they wanted to know if I can help talk to the producer on their behalf. They were ready to give me their numbers and shìt.
Re: How Much Do Nollywood Actors/actresses Make Per Movie? by Nobody: 10:52am On Feb 03, 2017
skaramanga:

All hype, please. Some of these actresses claim that they are paid big bucks so that they can explain the source of income to pay rent for their expensive flats and those GWagons.
The truth is that most of the so called big time actresses are simply Expensive bed mates to wealthy businessmen and politicians
A sitting president once turned himself to PR agent and used his residence to showcase Omoni Obolis film
The list of governors paying rent and offering jobs to these actresses is endless
Very true. One thing you will learn in showbiz is its all about packaging, lying and creating impressions. Only the gullible fans fall for it

8 Likes

Re: How Much Do Nollywood Actors/actresses Make Per Movie? by enemmo(f): 10:59am On Feb 03, 2017
ephi123:

If you ask me....Na who I go ask....? (singing in Omawumis voice)

1 Like

Re: How Much Do Nollywood Actors/actresses Make Per Movie? by warripekin(m): 11:06am On Feb 03, 2017
It's not all hype. I got interested in producing a movie after the success of the likes of a wedding party. Some of the A - list contacted are quite expensive. Mercy Johnson for instance will not remove 2 kobo from 2 million and hardly have ur time because so many producers are bombarding her with scripts and some are paying more. Geneieve or omotola don't even go there anything from 8m and above and u must go through their managers. zack orji 1 million , Alex osifo 800 k . If u want the lover boys like majid Michael or Ramsey noah better hold ur 2m to 2.5m.etc. I also found out that if u are on good term with them, so of them can reduce their cost for u or even favour u without taking a dime. But their are these categories of up coming artist that are out rightly desperate and can give anything including there body just to feature in a movie especially quality movies.

skaramanga:

2 Likes

Re: How Much Do Nollywood Actors/actresses Make Per Movie? by emsco(m): 11:07am On Feb 03, 2017
ephi123:

With the A list actors, it is understandable as some of them have endorsements, so are not limited to just what they earn for movies. But what we've seen are people who seldom act in more than a few movies a year flaunting G-wagons.

Btw, that's an interesting job you've got.
you know alot about the industry,thanks.
Re: How Much Do Nollywood Actors/actresses Make Per Movie? by EmperorTech: 11:11am On Feb 03, 2017
Babzilla:

Bro I swear na you go tire
There was this producer/director that was doing some work for my organization. Fortunately he was in abuja for an audition So I stopped by to collect some documents from him. O boy you need to see the babes there .. like 80 babes came for that audition. After we had talked and done our business on my way out like 5 chics followed me. they wanted to know if I can help talk to the producer on their behalf. They were ready to give me their numbers and shìt.

bros hope you collected their numbers? if you can't, I can help them, I am both a helper and and good Samaritan. lol

2 Likes

Re: How Much Do Nollywood Actors/actresses Make Per Movie? by emsco(m): 11:17am On Feb 03, 2017
skaramanga:

you've got no idea of how things work in this industry.are you saying a producer with a budget of 50 million can't pay 8m naira to get A list actress like Omotola etc on his or her movie.every money made doesn't have to be link with sleeping with politicians etc

1 Like

Re: How Much Do Nollywood Actors/actresses Make Per Movie? by olowobaba10: 11:19am On Feb 03, 2017
WETIN CONCERN ME ?

Re: How Much Do Nollywood Actors/actresses Make Per Movie? by Rick9(m): 11:21am On Feb 03, 2017
Music is better
Re: How Much Do Nollywood Actors/actresses Make Per Movie? by misterchris(m): 11:22am On Feb 03, 2017
Mcowubaba:
Depending on the production company
Type of film, Cinema, home video, series

Location and setting of the movie

Pedigree and popularity of the actress, Mercy Johnson will not earn the money with an upcoming unpopular actress from Lautech.

Special roles attract more payments, some actress demand more if the are to shave their hairs for a role, or if the are to display a higher level of nudity.

In a nutshell...
There is no standard Pay... Some desperate actress even offer their genitals to the production crew, just to secure a good role in a movie.

I know of some actress who even sleep inside their buses (that's the bus that carries their luggages and them to various locations), the Directors doesn't pay hotel bills for them, u see them loitering around the hotel premises, the easy mix with RUN GIRLS, u can't differentiate.

Only the *big* actresses enjoy Nollywood (after the have mostly been banged and humiliated) , the rest are mostly common hookers...

I know what I'm talking about..... 100%, not hear say..

Can you be an M.C in a wedding?
Re: How Much Do Nollywood Actors/actresses Make Per Movie? by AlwaysUltraPad: 11:27am On Feb 03, 2017
ephi123:
you know better.
Re: How Much Do Nollywood Actors/actresses Make Per Movie? by Mcowubaba: 11:30am On Feb 03, 2017
misterchris:

Can you be an M.C in a wedding?
Lol... Why the offer?
How much can you pay? grin cool
Re: How Much Do Nollywood Actors/actresses Make Per Movie? by musicwriter(m): 11:30am On Feb 03, 2017
Babzilla:

Actually, that's the nature of the entertainment industry, whether in music or movies. And that's why I laugh anytime a singer or actress come on TV to lie about how she's still a virgin.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do Nollywood Actors/actresses Make Per Movie? by Jaquar456: 11:34am On Feb 03, 2017
skaramanga:

ABSOLUTELY TRUE. These Popular actresses are forever advertising themselves for rich men all in the name of makeover new pics- Omotola does NT collect 8m per movie. If she waits for that kind of money she will starve not to mention that that pilot husband of her need his own salary to pay for bleaching cream,- Many of these formerly popular actresses as not getting roles like before because producers can get lesser known actresses almost for free- Nigerians want to watch a good movie period, and no longer interested much in the big names except for comedies.- That is why actors like osuofia, mercy Johnson, funky akindele and Mr Ibu, akin and pawpaw,etc make more money than these ' past their prime' actresses who were hot at the start of Nollywood but are not enjoying much by way of patronage and no longer getting movie offers these days, just only living in past glory.

13 Likes

Re: How Much Do Nollywood Actors/actresses Make Per Movie? by Nobody: 11:35am On Feb 03, 2017
EmperorTech:

bros hope you collected their numbers? if you can't, I can help them, I am both a helper and and good Samaritan. lol
Sorry bro this was a long time ago... bit I can link you with my producer friend..... grin
Re: How Much Do Nollywood Actors/actresses Make Per Movie? by EmperorTech: 11:42am On Feb 03, 2017
Babzilla:

Sorry bro this was a long time ago... bit I can link you with my producer friend..... grin

what re you still waiting for na?

fast fast abeg
Re: How Much Do Nollywood Actors/actresses Make Per Movie? by Jimi23(m): 11:45am On Feb 03, 2017
kayo80:
Who has an idea of how much Nollywood actors and actresses make per movie? I heard one Yoruba actress on TV yesterday say that she used to make between 150-200k per movie before, but now people come to her with offers of as little as 50k per movie.

Na lie o no mind am.
Re: How Much Do Nollywood Actors/actresses Make Per Movie? by Foxxybrown: 11:47am On Feb 03, 2017
Jaquar456:

ABSOLUTELY TRUE. These Popular actresses are forever advertising themselves for rich men all in the name of makeover new pics- Omotola does NT collect 8m per movie. If she waits for that kind of money she will starve not to mention that that pilot husband of her need his own salary to pay for bleaching cream,- Many of these formerly popular actresses as not getting roles like before because producers can get lesser known actresses almost for free- Nigerians want to watch a good movie period, and no longer interested much in the big names except for comedies.- That is why actors like osuofia, mercy Johnson, funky akindele and Mr Ibu, akin and pawpaw,etc make more money than these ' past their prime' actresses who were hot at the start of Nollywood but are not enjoying much by way of patronage and no longer getting movie offers these days, just only living in past glory.

SHOULD HAVE GUESSESD THOSE GWAGONS AND TRIPS TO DUBAI ARE BEING ALTERNATIVELY SOURCED, PROCEEDS FROM THE OLDEST PROFESSION IN THE WORLD ( and I'm not talking about acting, here)

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BBNaija: Seyi, Mercy And Frodd Make It To Final / BBNaija: Dele Momodu Supports Seyi, Obafemi Awolowo's Grandson / Throwback Photo Of Bisola Wearing Long Skirt, Leg Chain Emerges. Nigerians React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.