Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:21 AM

How Much Do Nollywood Actors/actresses Make Per Movie? - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / How Much Do Nollywood Actors/actresses Make Per Movie? (67258 Views)

See The Nigerian Actors/actresses That Have Died So Far(pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Do Nollywood Actors/actresses Make Per Movie? by emsco(m): 11:47am On Feb 03, 2017
Jaquar456:

ABSOLUTELY TRUE. These Popular actresses are forever advertising themselves for rich men all in the name of makeover new pics- Omotola does NT collect 8m per movie. If she waits for that kind of money she will starve not to mention that that pilot husband of her need his own salary to pay for bleaching cream,- Many of these formerly popular actresses as not getting roles like before because producers can get lesser known actresses almost for free- Nigerians want to watch a good movie period, and no longer interested much in the big names except for comedies.- That is why actors like osuofia, mercy Johnson, funky akindele and Mr Ibu, akin and pawpaw,etc make more money than these ' past their prime' actresses who were hot at the start of Nollywood but are not enjoying much by way of patronage and no longer getting movie offers these days, just only living in past glory.
you sound pained by another man sucess,what does her husband got to do with this? when was the last time you saw her physically before you concluded she's bleaching cos the last time i worked with her on a movie project was november 2016,she looks fresh and clean.Am a cinematographer,i speak with fact.

6 Likes

Re: How Much Do Nollywood Actors/actresses Make Per Movie? by Regis001: 12:26pm On Feb 03, 2017
emsco:
you sound pained by another man sucess,what does her husband got to do with this? when was the last time you saw her physically before you concluded she's bleaching cos the last time i worked with her on a movie project was november 2016,she looks fresh and clean.Am a cinematographer,i speak with fact.

Oh boy, make you read well. Na omotola husband wey dey bleach. Na the husband who need to spend his own salary to buy the bleaching cream for imself.

Na eye problem wey people get these days, or Na school wey they no go?
Re: How Much Do Nollywood Actors/actresses Make Per Movie? by SAMTOBIJU(m): 12:55pm On Feb 03, 2017
hakeem4:
I heard odunlade collects 150k
I think dat is right 2 an extent.most times,d yoruba movies survive on help me and i return d favor.odunlade makes bulk of his money 4rm marketers who give him millions 2 shoot any movie 4 dem

4 Likes

Re: How Much Do Nollywood Actors/actresses Make Per Movie? by smark61: 1:01pm On Feb 03, 2017
La click La the big names in the industry get paid as much 5mil for a movie, Ramsey noah or the likes of Jim iyke will not b in ur movie for less amount. Wen it comes to females like omo sexy genevieve,rita Dominic n mercy Johnson dey collect same if not more than.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do Nollywood Actors/actresses Make Per Movie? by SAMTOBIJU(m): 1:03pm On Feb 03, 2017
Ademoore07:

Examples are Ramsey Noah, Genevieve Nnaji, omotola jolade
I dnt knw abt ramsey bt i can tell u dat genevieve won't appear in a movie dat pay her less dan 3m nd d script must be distinct nd spectacular(using her words),while omotola can still be very reasonable durin negotiation bt will nt collect less dan 2m too.joke silva also charges btw 2m-3m.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do Nollywood Actors/actresses Make Per Movie? by Kuriou: 1:06pm On Feb 03, 2017
smark61:
La click La the big names in the industry get paid as much 5mil for a movie, Ramsey noah or the likes of Jim iyke will not b in ur movie for less amount. Wen it comes to females like omo sexy genevieve,rita Dominic n mercy Johnson dey collect same if not more than.

None of the above mentioned collects anything more than 2 or 2.5 million. They just inflate what they are paid in order to promote their market value, FACT.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Do Nollywood Actors/actresses Make Per Movie? by smark61: 1:13pm On Feb 03, 2017
Kuriou:

None of the above mentioned collects anything more than 2 or 2.5 million. They just inflate what they are paid in order to promote their market value, FACT.

Really
Re: How Much Do Nollywood Actors/actresses Make Per Movie? by emi14: 1:26pm On Feb 03, 2017
Whoz Nazo Ekezie -
An actress
Re: How Much Do Nollywood Actors/actresses Make Per Movie? by PETUK(m): 1:40pm On Feb 03, 2017
Kaxmytex:
Waka pass

satchet water and 100 naira recharge card
bros you are not just ok dot com
Re: How Much Do Nollywood Actors/actresses Make Per Movie? by Spadelicious: 1:46pm On Feb 03, 2017
Jaquar456:

ABSOLUTELY TRUE. These Popular actresses are forever advertising themselves for rich men all in the name of makeover new pics- Omotola does NT collect 8m per movie. If she waits for that kind of money she will starve not to mention that that pilot husband of her need his own salary to pay for bleaching cream,- Many of these formerly popular actresses as not getting roles like before because producers can get lesser known actresses almost for free- Nigerians want to watch a good movie period, and no longer interested much in the big names except for comedies.- That is why actors like osuofia, mercy Johnson, funky akindele and Mr Ibu, akin and pawpaw,etc make more money than these ' past their prime' actresses who were hot at the start of Nollywood but are not enjoying much by way of patronage and no longer getting movie offers these days, just only living in past glory.

LoL @ Nollywood caresses now making makeover studios their new home

Serious boredom caused by being out of work. Buhari recession is biting them hard as politicians don begin hide and not doling out cash like before

Some have turned ito directing and producing their own movies which can get publicity because of who they are, but flop at the box office, so no money

Some will attend any event uninvited, even children birthday party just to have opportunity of meeting rich politicians. David Mark and Akpabio are free spending patrons!

The industry needs to come out clean so that young girls will not get deceived about its prospects, and later end up in a life of semi prostitution, after being carried away by the false picture it presents about income. The truth is that it is still a struggling industry. Perhaps in the future, things might improve.

Right now, its mostly very few endorsement deals from glo, MTN,,Etisalat etc that can fractionally improve earnings of these actresses. The rest is handouts from wealthy men. As for the Waka pass actresses, producers can screw them even inside the boot of their car for free. After all they need fame at all costs.

5 Likes

Re: How Much Do Nollywood Actors/actresses Make Per Movie? by skaramanga: 2:17pm On Feb 03, 2017
Spadelicious:

Serious boredom caused by being out of work. Buhari recession is biting them hard as politicians don begin hide and not doling out cash like before

Some have turned ito directing and producing their own movies which can get publicity because of who they are, but flop at the box office, so no money

Some will attend any event uninvited, even children birthday party just to have opportunity of meeting rich politicians. David Mark and Akpabio are free spending patrons!

The industry needs to come out clean so that young girls will not get deceived about its prospects, and later end up in a life of semi prostitution, after being carried away by the false picture it presents about income. The truth is that it is still a struggling industry. Perhaps in the future, things might improve.

Right now, its mostly very few endorsement deals from glo, MTN,,Etisalat etc that can fractionally improve earnings of these actresses. The rest is handouts from wealthy men. As for the Waka pass actresses, producers can screw them even inside the boot of their car for free. After all they need fame at all costs.

True talk

2 Likes

Re: How Much Do Nollywood Actors/actresses Make Per Movie? by Orikinla1: 2:30pm On Feb 03, 2017
No fixed rate. Unknown ones earn as low as 5K per movie. B list stars like Cha Cha Eke and Ken Erics Ugo earn between 500k and 800k per movie. A listers like Oauofia earn 1.5 to 2.5 mil. The likes of Blossom earn about 300K. Little Regina Daniels earns between 300 and 500k. Several others earn between 50 and 150k. It all depends on your popularity and talent level.

Someone earn 2k also while some, especially women, earn nothing at all, sleep with the producers and the directors on top of the matter, even the pm, and pas
Best answer.
Least paid actress in my "Lagos in Motion" for "Waka Pass" got N10K.
Some actresses like A-Listers Queen of Nollywood, Omotola Jalade- Ekeinde and Nollywood diva, Genevieve Nnaji earn up N10m per lead role.
Re: How Much Do Nollywood Actors/actresses Make Per Movie? by maruzia: 2:38pm On Feb 03, 2017
Jaquar456:

That is why useless actresses are taking pictures advertising their ar$e for doggy style customers @ Daniella Okeke

2 Likes

Re: How Much Do Nollywood Actors/actresses Make Per Movie? by Orikinla1: 2:41pm On Feb 03, 2017
Spadelicious:

You are ignorant of the facts.
Nollywood filmmakers and actors are having the best days since "Living in Bondage" of 1992.
Federal Government 's Project ACT Nollywood, Bank of Industry and NEXIM Bank have given out more than N10billion for capacity development and film productions.
If you have a good screenplay and production company, you can receive up to N50m from the Bank of Industry to make your movie.
So many movies have been made for cinemas, cable TV and online platforms.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do Nollywood Actors/actresses Make Per Movie? by Kuriou: 2:48pm On Feb 03, 2017
Orikinla1:
You are ignorant of the facts.
Nollywood filmmakers and actors are having the best days since "Living in Bondage" of 1992.
Federal Government 's Project ACT Nollywood, Bank of Industry and NEXIM Bank have given out more than N10billion for capacity development and film productions.
If you have a good screenplay and production company, you can receive up to N50m from the Bank of Industry to make your movie.
So many movies have been made for cinemas, cable TV and online platforms.

Keep living in fools paradise

4 Likes

Re: How Much Do Nollywood Actors/actresses Make Per Movie? by chris31(m): 4:28pm On Feb 03, 2017
No fixed rate. Unknown ones earn as low as 5K per movie. B list stars like Cha Cha Eke and Ken Erics Ugo earn between 500k and 800k per movie. A listers like Oauofia earn 1.5 to 2.5 mil. The likes of Blossom earn about 300K. Little Regina Daniels earns between 300 and 500k. Several others earn between 50 and 150k. It all depends on your popularity and talent level.

Someone earn 2k also while some, especially women, earn nothing at all, sleep with the producers and the directors on top of the matter, even the pm, and pas
You said it all

Nollywood is a modernized prostitution 90% of the girls sleep their way to the top.
Re: How Much Do Nollywood Actors/actresses Make Per Movie? by emsco(m): 5:24pm On Feb 03, 2017
Regis001:

Oh boy, make you read well. Na omotola husband wey dey bleach. Na the husband who need to spend his own salary to buy the bleaching cream for imself.

Na eye problem wey people get these days, or Na school wey they no go?
wetin concern omotala husband with this issue,bad belle no good o

1 Like

Re: How Much Do Nollywood Actors/actresses Make Per Movie? by yabatown: 5:53pm On Feb 03, 2017
emsco:
wetin concern omotala husband with this issue,bad belle no good o

Bros, you too get too much time . You be Omotolla husband? You dey protest too much. Na Nollywood actresses in general we dey talk about here. Make you pipe, Joor.
Re: How Much Do Nollywood Actors/actresses Make Per Movie? by rhames(m): 6:15pm On Feb 03, 2017

how about the script writers?
Re: How Much Do Nollywood Actors/actresses Make Per Movie? by Bigsteveg(m): 8:54pm On Feb 03, 2017
Na wah for u O. Must u mention LAUTECH. Leave my great Alma Mata alone o
Mcowubaba:
Depending on the production company
Type of film, Cinema, home video, series

Location and setting of the movie

Pedigree and popularity of the actress, Mercy Johnson will not earn the money with an upcoming unpopular actress from Lautech.

Special roles attract more payments, some actress demand more if the are to shave their hairs for a role, or if the are to display a higher level of nudity.

In a nutshell...
There is no standard Pay... Some desperate actress even offer their genitals to the production crew, just to secure a good role in a movie.

I know of some actress who even sleep inside their buses (that's the bus that carries their luggages and them to various locations), the Directors doesn't pay hotel bills for them, u see them loitering around the hotel premises, the easy mix with RUN GIRLS, u can't differentiate.

Only the *big* actresses enjoy Nollywood (after the have mostly been banged and humiliated) , the rest are mostly common hookers...

I know what I'm talking about..... 100%, not hear say..

Re: How Much Do Nollywood Actors/actresses Make Per Movie? by Sprumbaba: 10:19pm On Feb 03, 2017
Club dancers . 1k plus free beer.
Re: How Much Do Nollywood Actors/actresses Make Per Movie? by joeruano1: 11:18pm On Feb 03, 2017
Nollyconnect:

I quite agree with some of your answers. However, it is wrong to taint the women in this Industry as cheap and ones who sleep around. Like every other thing in life, it takes consistency and hard work to achieve your dreams. There a lot of talented women in the industry who are coming out by the day with nothing but raw talent.
Are you sure you use your brain well when you read?
Re: How Much Do Nollywood Actors/actresses Make Per Movie? by kayo80(m): 12:35pm On Feb 04, 2017
emsco:
most A list actors earn alot.Am a cinematographer.omotola was paid close to 8million naira for a movie project i was part of last year.

8 million? Are you sure?
Re: How Much Do Nollywood Actors/actresses Make Per Movie? by kayo80(m): 12:38pm On Feb 04, 2017
Babzilla:

Guy Sorry to burst you bubble for women its not talent alone. Sleeping with producers is the norm in the industry as a producer or director you dont need to ask it will be given to you. thrown at you like frisbees. Take it from someone who has worked with actors and producers. Its so bad that even the friends of the producers get their share.
and this is a common practice from Nollywood to Hollywood
. Choi! I think I need to become a movie producer ASAP!
Re: How Much Do Nollywood Actors/actresses Make Per Movie? by kayo80(m): 12:43pm On Feb 04, 2017
Babzilla:

Bro I swear na you go tire
There was this producer/director that was doing some work for my organization. Fortunately he was in abuja for an audition So I stopped by to collect some documents from him. O boy you need to see the babes there .. like 80 babes came for that audition. After we had talked and done our business on my way out like 5 chics followed me. they wanted to know if I can help talk to the producer on their behalf. They were ready to give me their numbers and shìt.

Chai! I need to go into the movie industry.
Re: How Much Do Nollywood Actors/actresses Make Per Movie? by Nollyconnect: 1:24pm On Feb 04, 2017
Babzilla:

Guy Sorry to burst you bubble for women its not talent alone. Sleeping with producers is the norm in the industry as a producer or director you dont need to ask it will be given to you. thrown at you like frisbees. Take it from someone who has worked with actors and producers. Its so bad that even the friends of the producers get their share.
and this is a common practice from Nollywood to Hollywood

This is why we need to enlighten our young ladies to desist from such behaviors. It takes more than just sleeping around to get to the top of whatever career path you choose to follow. If eventually you get more features as a result of sleeping around with producer, then be rest assured you won't last a decade in the industry.
Like i earlier mentioned, Nollywood is fast evolving from just selling a pretty face to market a movie. Women are bringing more to the table right now. I am pretty sure actress like Somkhele Iyama (93 Days), kehinde Balogun(October 1st), Nse Ikpe-Etim, Judith Audu, also don't forget the Director of the highest grossing movies in cinema with over 405 million is a woman, Kemi Adetiba did not have to sell their bodies to achieve this feat.All these women and bringing more than a pretty face to the table.
There are some many other aspects of Nollywood women can delve into other than acting. Yo can decide to direct, edit, make-up, costume design etc. Selling your body to get a lead role honestly is not going to take you anywhere.
Know your strong point and work better on improving your skills. The sky is just the beginning.
Re: How Much Do Nollywood Actors/actresses Make Per Movie? by Nostradamus: 12:50pm On Dec 20, 2018
hakeem4:
I heard odunlade collects 150k
this guy is an A Lister!!! I'd always thought he earn 1 Milla upward oo. It seems this nollywood guys are not as rich as the media paint them.
Re: How Much Do Nollywood Actors/actresses Make Per Movie? by hakeem4(m): 3:24pm On Dec 20, 2018
Nostradamus:
this guy is an A Lister!!! I'd always thought he earn 1 Milla upward oo. It seems this nollywood guys are not as rich as the media paint them.
he must have increased now !
Re: How Much Do Nollywood Actors/actresses Make Per Movie? by Stainn22(m): 5:18pm On Dec 20, 2018
DO YOU ASPIRE TO BECOME AN ACTOR/ACTRESS?
TO BECOME A MOVIE STAR IN NO TIME?
WISHED TO SHOWCASE YOUR SKILLS ALONGSIDE WITH POPULAR ACTORS?

GLAMOUR ROAD ENTERTAINMENT Next month January 2019 we will be auditioning interested persons for our new movie productions within benin, asaba,lagos, Portharcourt & abuja
.This is to continue with our vision in helping young aspiring upcoming stars and lovers of screen reach their full potential by supporting them in utilizing their dream.
God has given you the talent now is the time to play your part in maximizing the talent and opportunity

This is a chance to come display your skills as an actor/actress, give in your best & be selected for a role in our numerous movies, series program

Don't miss this opportunity, this might be your chance to appear on the big screen with big stars
Call or WhatsApp +2348135973750 for more info & registration
P.S Rebroadcast ASAP, Help spread to whatsapp, facebook (Y) Thank you
Merry Christmas and happy new year in advance.

Glamour Road Entertainment. (The road to future entertainment)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Much That Was Made On Big Brother Naija Show 2018 (An Estimate) / Nigerians Say Goodbye To Frank Edoho, "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?" / Gifty Of Big Brother Naija Is Married To David Sorochukwu Akumah (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.