Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,515 members, 7,808,881 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:35 PM

Yemi Alade – 'Sugar N Spice' (Official Video) - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Yemi Alade – 'Sugar N Spice' (Official Video) (7923 Views)

Naira Marley X Zlatan - Am I A Yahoo Boy (official Video) / VIDEO: Yemi Alade – Number One / AFRIMMA 2016 Awards Winners' List: Tiwa Savage & Yemi Alade Turn Biggest Losers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yemi Alade – 'Sugar N Spice' (Official Video) by samhay: 4:11am On Jan 10, 2017
D day I heard Koffi Annan.

Damn!!!!
Re: Yemi Alade – 'Sugar N Spice' (Official Video) by martineverest(m): 7:35am On Jan 10, 2017
nairamaniac:

I dey tell you. In fact someone should open a thread of "why is Seyi shay so underated"
Seyi is just in a class of her own.
Maybe she's too advanced for the fans of this country.
well,she far ahead of any other modern nigerian musicians xcept asa and tiwa....she was trained by mattew knowles,beyonce's father
Re: Yemi Alade – 'Sugar N Spice' (Official Video) by eitsei(m): 9:46am On Jan 10, 2017
kstyle2:
For now, the only female act I listen to is Simi. Was able to lay hands on some of the tracks in the 'chemistry' project with falz and I was simply amazed- lovely vocals, perfect lyrics, top notch production. She's the female version of brymO.
Yemi needs to find her mojo back. When I heard 'kofi anaan' I was so disappointed. These artists should employ the services of brymo or Johnny drille in song writing
you spoke my mind
Re: Yemi Alade – 'Sugar N Spice' (Official Video) by nairamaniac: 11:37am On Jan 10, 2017
martineverest:
well,she far ahead of any other modern nigerian musicians xcept asa and tiwa....she was trained by mattew knowles,beyonce's father
well let's leave ASA out of this conversation. Cos she's more of an international artist than local artist.
But in my opinion, tiwa can't lace the boots of Seyi shey.
If you wanna know how good a female artist is, feature her with an A-list male artist.
In all songs tiwa featured wizkid (BAD), olamide(STANDING OVATION) and patoranking( GIRLIE O), she got highly oppresed /overshadowed by them.
But listen to both songs Seyi did with wizkid like crazy and falling for you(wizkid's Ayo album). She stepped up to his game. Both in terms of lyrics, vocals and confidence.
Then Seyi, patoranking in MURDA, u cant help but get lost in her verses and hooks.
Then did you listen to the remix of seyi's touch me now feat. Banky w and iyanya?
No Nigerian woman has has ever done songs as international-classy as Airbrush and touch me now.
Airbrush is in same level/concept/brilliance with R.Kelly's turn back the hands of time, Maxwell's this woman's worth and Nas's rap song - ONE MIC.
as good as the videos are in these songs, the contents/lyrics stepped up to the video.

Voice vs voice, high-note vs high-note. Tiwa doesn't come near Seyi shey. Seyi is much closer to Waje in that department.

Its just a pity that Nigerian place value of noise/beats over creativity and class.
Or else, none of these women be Seyi shey mate.
#fact.
Re: Yemi Alade – 'Sugar N Spice' (Official Video) by LorDBolton(m): 4:21pm On Jan 11, 2017
martineverest:
this lady keeps churning out wack music,day by day........her standard has fallen.people like omawunmi,tiwa,seyi,asa etc produce better music

After listening to. 'tumbum if I. Ever see her i'd spit on her

She's d whackest. Female artiste out there
Re: Yemi Alade – 'Sugar N Spice' (Official Video) by wHyyyyyyyyyY: 10:12pm On Jan 11, 2017
BlackMystery:
....Am a lover of good music n the lyrics to a song means everything...Yemi's lyrics r wack!!! Wtf is "I will love one time,two time,two time ..Mash up the place?? Seriously...
grin grin
Re: Yemi Alade – 'Sugar N Spice' (Official Video) by Baroba(m): 3:50am On Jan 12, 2017
She hit a jackpot with Johnny, since then all her songs have been extremely childish, I have heard better sound from ducklings than the poo she spits out..She is very likeable, if she can't write, employ the services of people who can.. At present she is more of a pan African artist than a Nigerian artist.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ice Prince.Wizkid & Sarkodie Nominated For BET Awards 2012 / Lyrics: My Number One Remix - Diamond Ft Davido / Download Mp3: Sam Smith – To Die For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.