Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,243 members, 7,780,486 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:21 PM

"As In Gambia, As In RCCG?" By Pastor Ebun Olu-Adegboruwa. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "As In Gambia, As In RCCG?" By Pastor Ebun Olu-Adegboruwa. (33901 Views)

See The Latest Marriage Requirement In RCCG That Has Gone Viral(pic / Leke Adeboye Thanks Daddy Freeze Over Increase In RCCG Tithes (Photo) / MMM Being Advertised In RCCG Church Service (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "As In Gambia, As In RCCG?" By Pastor Ebun Olu-Adegboruwa. by hahn(m): 5:55pm On Jan 09, 2017
rhektor:

Not sì quick to change the topic here man. You asked a question and I answered you but you want to hide under a new thread? No man.
Like I said before, if the church as an NGO has a school or any other business the business must pay tax and not the church. Don't you know the basic accounting concept "entity /entityship" a business is different from the owner no matter the legal form.

I am not changing the topic because it relates with our discussion

And you did not answer my question. Is it right for an NGO to use church funds to build "businesses" that make profit?

1 Like

Re: "As In Gambia, As In RCCG?" By Pastor Ebun Olu-Adegboruwa. by wellmax(m): 5:57pm On Jan 09, 2017
freshboi88:

He said the new GO is going to be the national GO, while he would be the GO worldwide...... It's evrywere..... Y r u lying, how can u say ur d spiritual head of the church when u have relinquished ur position as the GO... The spiritual head is meant to be d general overseer

Since you prefer rumors, show me RCCG worldwide from this memo

Re: "As In Gambia, As In RCCG?" By Pastor Ebun Olu-Adegboruwa. by ReubenE(m): 6:00pm On Jan 09, 2017
Dhugal:

Jonathan did not sign "the law",the codes are regulations made by the FRC,within the ambits of their enabling law.
All these naira land children sef
me I tire o.
this is just a regulatory measure of FRCN and not some executive or private member bill passed into law.

Whether it is Jonathan supposedly or not, what is obnoxious is obnoxious.
Re: "As In Gambia, As In RCCG?" By Pastor Ebun Olu-Adegboruwa. by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jan 09, 2017
Ten12:
The leadership of that church was handed over to him by a dying man on a dying bed but today your government wants him to forcefully hand over to another man while go on a compulsory retirement....kontinu

na u get ur finger
Re: "As In Gambia, As In RCCG?" By Pastor Ebun Olu-Adegboruwa. by kateskitty(f): 6:04pm On Jan 09, 2017
freshboi88:

Remember that the previous Pope bfre this present one didn't die, he stepped down, he didn't say he is d pope of the world , y d new one is d pope of Rome.... Rubbish!!!..... Neither did he say he is d spiritual leader??.....how can u relinquish ur position as d G.O and still call urself d spiritual leader of the church isn't that contracditory??

I just realized that the Catholic Church accepted this law, they have no problem with it, togeda with other orthodox churches but the Pentecostal churches were d ones dragging the FG to court over the law now that they have lost, they want to stir up hate against the govt, doesn't the bible teach about obeying constituted authority??

Give a man power and I will show you who he is. Even Jesus with all the power He had as the son of God was still able to come down and die for our sins.
This has shown that these men of God have no humility and don't practice what they preach.
But I get it, the wealth they have created for themselves can be intoxicating and hard to let go.
And if it is that hard to let go then they are not ready to go to heaven. SMH

1 Like

Re: "As In Gambia, As In RCCG?" By Pastor Ebun Olu-Adegboruwa. by free2ryhme: 6:15pm On Jan 09, 2017
proeast:
So when is Father Mbaka stepping down

Is father Mbaka the head of catholic church in nigeria?

1 Like

Re: "As In Gambia, As In RCCG?" By Pastor Ebun Olu-Adegboruwa. by brojoshua: 6:15pm On Jan 09, 2017
Are these men not satanically anointed criminals who are deceiving the world of being pastors of God and those who deceived themselves are given to deception by God and are deceived by them.
Re: "As In Gambia, As In RCCG?" By Pastor Ebun Olu-Adegboruwa. by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jan 09, 2017
hahn:
When will churches start paying taxes? undecided
Rccg pays tax to the Lagos state government.
Re: "As In Gambia, As In RCCG?" By Pastor Ebun Olu-Adegboruwa. by adeoye27(m): 6:27pm On Jan 09, 2017
What concerns this lawyer with RCCG family matter.Must you raise issues when thr is none.
Re: "As In Gambia, As In RCCG?" By Pastor Ebun Olu-Adegboruwa. by hahn(m): 6:35pm On Jan 09, 2017
walcut:

Really? Why?

I thought churches don't pay tax undecided
Re: "As In Gambia, As In RCCG?" By Pastor Ebun Olu-Adegboruwa. by Wahlz(m): 6:36pm On Jan 09, 2017
hahn:
When will churches start paying taxes? undecided
When will Mosque start paying tithes?

Or was the law meant for only Churches?
Re: "As In Gambia, As In RCCG?" By Pastor Ebun Olu-Adegboruwa. by hahn(m): 6:41pm On Jan 09, 2017
Wahlz:

When will Mosque start paying tithes?

Or was the law meant for only Churches?

They should too

Before they also start building schools their members cannot afford undecided
Re: "As In Gambia, As In RCCG?" By Pastor Ebun Olu-Adegboruwa. by Iseoluwani: 6:43pm On Jan 09, 2017
If you cannot understand this press release

U are legally sick

Re: "As In Gambia, As In RCCG?" By Pastor Ebun Olu-Adegboruwa. by ohimai83: 6:47pm On Jan 09, 2017
Dhugal:

Jonathan did not sign "the law",the codes are regulations made by the FRC,within the ambits of their enabling law.
"On 18 May 2011 the Senate passed the Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria Bill, which repealed the Nigerian Accounting Standards Board Act and replaced it with a new set of rules. The decision was in line with a report submitted by Senator Ahmed Makarfi, Chairman of the Senate committee on Finance. The Financial Reporting Council Bill was signed into law on 20 July 2011. "
source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Financial_Reporting_Council_of_Nigeria

1 Like

Re: "As In Gambia, As In RCCG?" By Pastor Ebun Olu-Adegboruwa. by freshboi88: 6:56pm On Jan 09, 2017
wellmax:

Since you prefer rumors, show me RCCG worldwide from this memo

Common ur smarter than this bro, the memo still referred to Adeboye as "Daddy GO" and went further to say Tht d new structure is just for Nigeria alone, so who is d GO of the other churches outside Nigeria??
Re: "As In Gambia, As In RCCG?" By Pastor Ebun Olu-Adegboruwa. by bkool7(m): 7:00pm On Jan 09, 2017
Grundig:

bro, do not economical with the truth.
I agree that the FRC began it's work during GEJ's tenure. But heck, these are not the terms. If my memory serves me right, the reason they started looking at churches, or better still, NON PROFIT ORGANISATIONS was because of the obscene number of private jets owned by these men of God. By all means scrutinize the accounts of the church and its leaders but avoid streamlining the activities of entities you did not create. Query the wealth and affluence of the henchmen but asking them to resign after a stipulated time and to contribute to pensions is taking it a little far

Its all within thé armpit of the law .

The law wasnt made with anyone in mind .

Moreover , Its for the good of all
Re: "As In Gambia, As In RCCG?" By Pastor Ebun Olu-Adegboruwa. by wellmax(m): 7:06pm On Jan 09, 2017
freshboi88:

Common ur smarter than this bro, the memo still referred to Adeboye as "Daddy GO" and went further to say Tht d new structure is just for Nigeria alone, so who is d GO of the other churches outside Nigeria??

I see your problem is comprehension. I'm done with you.
Re: "As In Gambia, As In RCCG?" By Pastor Ebun Olu-Adegboruwa. by winningwinner(m): 7:13pm On Jan 09, 2017
hahn:

Well, that depends on the "source" of the capital for the "business".

You and I know that the money used to build church schools are gotten from offerings, tithes and donations. Right?

Is it good to now build the said schools and then charge millions for people to attend them?

If I may ask, how much of your tithes and offerings are in those projects? Can you tell God to calculate them and pay you off? Who forced you to pay tithe and give offering in the first place?
Re: "As In Gambia, As In RCCG?" By Pastor Ebun Olu-Adegboruwa. by Grundig: 7:14pm On Jan 09, 2017
vodutive:

Did they create banks?
the fg created and licenced banks through the CBN. so they can streamline their activities.
Re: "As In Gambia, As In RCCG?" By Pastor Ebun Olu-Adegboruwa. by Timmi: 7:22pm On Jan 09, 2017
Has anyone really do a simple research to know when this rule came into effect?. This rule was made during the Jonathan Presidency and it was to take effect this year. Buhari has nothing to do with this rule. So much illiterate and lazy follow follow people in this Nigeria.
Re: "As In Gambia, As In RCCG?" By Pastor Ebun Olu-Adegboruwa. by tjaytb: 7:31pm On Jan 09, 2017
walcut:

Common! Talk commenting ignorant contributions. Where did you see/hear/read where prior to the new law, NGOs paying tax? I don't know a thing about the new trending law but common it's a general knowledge that NGOs don't pay tax.

Stop trying to say something just for the sake of it.
Re: "As In Gambia, As In RCCG?" By Pastor Ebun Olu-Adegboruwa. by cuteboy2: 7:40pm On Jan 09, 2017
As Kemi Olunloyo is, so is Ebun Adegboruwa.

Jobless busybody. Wetin come concern you for the matter.

Millions of RCCG members and hundreds of thousands of of RCCG Pastors around the world understand the changes announced and have no issues with it.

Why is Adegboruwa swallowing panadol for other people's headache?
Re: "As In Gambia, As In RCCG?" By Pastor Ebun Olu-Adegboruwa. by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jan 09, 2017
tjaytb:

Common! Talk commenting ignorant contributions. Where did you see/hear/read where prior to the new law, NGOs paying tax? I don't know a thing about the new trending law but common it's a general knowledge that NGOs don't pay tax.

Stop trying to say something just for the sake of it.
Bro find out your self.... My father is a full-time pastor under Rccg... This is first hand info... I have seen his pay slip times without number.

1 Like

Re: "As In Gambia, As In RCCG?" By Pastor Ebun Olu-Adegboruwa. by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jan 09, 2017
hahn:

Really? Why?

I thought churches don't pay tax undecided
I don't know of others but having seen the pay slip of a pastor in redeem, I know they pay tax.
Re: "As In Gambia, As In RCCG?" By Pastor Ebun Olu-Adegboruwa. by deavicky(m): 7:49pm On Jan 09, 2017
Ten12:
The leadership of that church was handed over to him by a dying man on a dying bed but today your government wants him to forcefully hand over to another man while go on a compulsory retirement....kontinu
In my small way, I'm suspecting the honorable Vice president of the federal Republic of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: "As In Gambia, As In RCCG?" By Pastor Ebun Olu-Adegboruwa. by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jan 09, 2017
hmm, general overseer vs national overseer. RCCG republic needs a new president. why didnt the false prophets see this coming? what happened waiting for d holy spirits direction. daddy GO needs to chew more kolanuts.
Re: "As In Gambia, As In RCCG?" By Pastor Ebun Olu-Adegboruwa. by freshboi88: 7:57pm On Jan 09, 2017
wellmax:

I see your problem is comprehension. I'm done with you.

Ur done with urself
Re: "As In Gambia, As In RCCG?" By Pastor Ebun Olu-Adegboruwa. by realmindz: 8:02pm On Jan 09, 2017
rhektor:

Church is an NGO, a not for profit making organisation

But they have huge funds in banks..

Churches are the biggest scammers and hypocrites the world has ever known and will ever know.

NGO indeed making extraordinary income but adding no value to the society rather they contribute to noise pollution and cause the worst traffic congestions on express roads

As if that's not enough, they have contributed to many accidents and deaths of innocent road users. Go find out how people die on the road during their nonsense camps
Re: "As In Gambia, As In RCCG?" By Pastor Ebun Olu-Adegboruwa. by realmindz: 8:06pm On Jan 09, 2017
walcut:

Bro find out your self.... My father is a full-time pastor under Rccg... This is first hand info... I have seen his pay slip times without number.

So your dad has been enjoying people's tithes.

Tell your dad to go and look for a job and contribute value to the society rather than hiding under God sharing religious loots
Re: "As In Gambia, As In RCCG?" By Pastor Ebun Olu-Adegboruwa. by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jan 09, 2017
Dhugal:

Get your fact right........the bill was signed 2011
Re: "As In Gambia, As In RCCG?" By Pastor Ebun Olu-Adegboruwa. by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jan 09, 2017
realmindz:

So your dad has been enjoying people's tithes.

Tell your dad to go and look for a job and contribute value to the society rather than hiding under God sharing religious loots
grin grin grin never knew I was speaking to an atheist.
Re: "As In Gambia, As In RCCG?" By Pastor Ebun Olu-Adegboruwa. by realmindz: 8:28pm On Jan 09, 2017
walcut:

grin grin grin never knew I was speaking to an atheist.

how does that address the issue.

Tell your dad to go and look for a job...He sud use his hands to work, there is dignity in labour not sharing religious loots

Tell me what value he's contributing to humanity?
He's a soul reaper ba?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Joshua Iginla Gives A Widow & 95-Year-Old Man Money, Exotic Cars (Pics) / The Church Being Built By Governor Dickson In Bayelsa - Photos / Can A Christian Marry More Than One Wife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.