Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:38 AM

Infinix Compares Ronaldo And Messi, Receives Backlash. - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Infinix Compares Ronaldo And Messi, Receives Backlash. (52502 Views)

Mehn! The Galaxy Note 10 Lite Is A Beast. See How It Compares With The Note 10+ / 5 Ways To Deal With Social Media Backlash / White Guy Compares A Bad Phone Review To Nigeria. (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Infinix Compares Ronaldo And Messi, Receives Backlash. by legendte(m): 6:34pm On Jan 10, 2017
DrayZee:
No just a point. THEY ARE ABSOLUTELY CORRECT IN ALL RAMAFICATIONS. The only problem is that the victim has a legion of hateful fans ready to destroy the Infinix brand just for telling the truth. I mean, even Pele and Maradona ( who have been known to be with Messi in the past) have attested to the fact that What Ronaldo achieved in 2016 has not been achieved by any other player. When have you seen a player win Champions league, Euro and Club World Cup in a single year. Not to talk of Ballon D'or, the TOTY award, Golden boot and other numerous awards Ronaldo has won. He is also the first football player to become Male Sportsperson of the Year. Come on people!
There's nothing special about it. By all standards, Ronaldo was shit in 2016. Forget the trophies which was a team award. He didn't win golden boot in La liga and he wasn't the best player in La liga. Suarez and Griezman outshone him. Again talk about the Euro, he wasn't among the best 3 in the tournament. He was lucky and because of his very showy nature, he was seen as having extraordinary influence on the game. He scored just 3 goals. Again in the champions league, I will give it to him because of the goals but Bale had a better impact especially from the knockout stage. Messi had a fairly good year considering how many months he was on the sideline and the hard luck at the finals. He single handedly took them to the finals with five goals and four assists.
Back to the useless phone makers, Messi has won every individual award as a player and his record can't be matched by any player. He has Olympics gold and a junior world cup trophy to his name. It's hard to even compare Ronaldo with Zidane or Ronaldinho. Ronaldo can have a better year but can't be placed or compared to Pele or Maradona. Messi needs just a world cup to displace Pele from the seat. Winning collective or team awards alone doesn't make you the best. After all Mikel won Caf, Ucl, europa and others but no one can compare him with Okocha or Kanu. Matarsacker has won world cup too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Infinix Compares Ronaldo And Messi, Receives Backlash. by bankyblue(m): 6:35pm On Jan 10, 2017
respect80:
What a portray of incompetence by infinix
Even if Leo stops playing now CR7 can never be like him take it or leave it.
If you're vexed you can hug a transformer cos I give zero f*ck.
If I talk waiting they my mind enh! I just come back from ban
Re: Infinix Compares Ronaldo And Messi, Receives Backlash. by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 6:39pm On Jan 10, 2017
taiwo3489:

The Yoruba's will say if u avnt leave ur fathers farmland before, u will think his farmland is the biggest...EPL is more challenging than La Liga...
it will be more challenging because

Most of teams there are of equal strength

there are few quality teams in epl
and d quality in epl is not upto spain{MADRID & BARCELONA}

check:
in spain, d 3-20 slot is always competitive.
Re: Infinix Compares Ronaldo And Messi, Receives Backlash. by DrayZee: 6:40pm On Jan 10, 2017
legendte:

There's nothing special about it. By all standards, Ronaldo was shit in 2016. Forget the trophies which was a team award. He didn't win golden boot in La liga and he wasn't the best player in La liga. Suarez and Griezman outshone him. Again talk about the Euro, he wasn't among the best 3 in the tournament. He was lucky and because of his very showy nature, he was seen as having extraordinary influence on the game. He scored just 3 goals. Again in the champions league, I will give it to him because of the goals but Bale had a better impact especially from the knockout stage. Messi had a fairly good year considering how many months he was on the sideline and the hard luck at the finals. He single handedly took them to the finals with five goals and four assists.
Back to the useless phone makers, Messi has won every individual award as a player and his record can't be matched by any player. He has Olympics gold and a junior world cup trophy to his name. It's hard to even compare Ronaldo with Zidane or Ronaldinho. Ronaldo can have a better year but can't be placed or compared to Pele or Maradona. Messi needs just a world cup to displace Pele from the seat. Winning collective or team awards alone doesn't make you the best. After all Mikel won Caf, Ucl, europa and others but no one can compare him with Okocha or Kanu. Matarsacker has won world cup too.
I'll just say this. After winning the FIFA Award yesterday, Ronaldo now has more individual awards than Messi. If it's all about goals, then there are guys in China who score goals like crazy. But no one gives a shi.t about them because their goals didn't get them anything that mattered. What's the point scoring goals if yu can't do it when it matters most. Btw, Pele himself said Ronaldo has had arguably the best year of any player. Pele himself said it.
Re: Infinix Compares Ronaldo And Messi, Receives Backlash. by nwamehn: 6:40pm On Jan 10, 2017
Olamyyde:

The balon dor is an award for the best player for a calendar year not the person with most trophies. why didn't sneidjer or iniesta win it in 2010? Why did cr7 win it in 2013 when he went trophyless that year.
Why didn't pepe win it this year?
He was more crucial for madrid winning the cl than cr7 and for portugal plus he won the same amount of trophies.
The balon dor is nothing more than a popularity contest

Even if u want to judge it with Ballon d'or or FIFA Best Player of the year, Messi still has it more. Messi contributes more to a team than Ronaldo who in the past 6 years have now focused more on positioning to score goals, and not play football and create chances like Messi. If u ar talking of the sharpest shooter of all time, then Ronaldo is. But the best player of all time? It's actually Lionel Messi, though Ronaldo is the best player in 2016.

3 Likes

Re: Infinix Compares Ronaldo And Messi, Receives Backlash. by ramatintin(m): 6:42pm On Jan 10, 2017
the way some Nigerian so call youth react with insult to every little issue is terrible dat y our leader can Neva handle over to us.

2 Likes

Re: Infinix Compares Ronaldo And Messi, Receives Backlash. by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 6:45pm On Jan 10, 2017
DrayZee:
Oh God. These guys do not give Ballon D'or based on trophies. That's the mistake you and that guy Who quoted me at the fp are making. Don't you see points given to players. You think those points are just random figures?
at the bolded, u re wrong, it was given base on ronaldo's three trophies

and that's what ur post suggest to an average person who reads it
becuz in terms of perfomance messi was better in 2016

Adios Bro
Re: Infinix Compares Ronaldo And Messi, Receives Backlash. by DukeNija(m): 6:45pm On Jan 10, 2017
DrayZee:
Lol. That's like saying Real Madrid are the best cuz of 11 champions league trophies and that no club will be better until they surpass 11 Champions league trophies.

Yes it is possible to say a club is the best based on what they have won. What else will you compare or rate clubs by if not trophies.
Same goes for Musicians.

If you've won more awards than me in the same category, wont it be foolish of me to say im better than you?

If you can tell me how else we can rate clubs and musicians in the same category other than awards, then your argument stands.
Re: Infinix Compares Ronaldo And Messi, Receives Backlash. by dsocioemmy(m): 6:48pm On Jan 10, 2017
Cry cry barca babies... the truth is bitter. But just try and swallow it
Re: Infinix Compares Ronaldo And Messi, Receives Backlash. by princeemmma(m): 6:49pm On Jan 10, 2017
Olamyyde:
This literally the worst post of 2017. Messi was far better than cr7 in 2016, don't let the trophies blind u. Stat's don't lie.
I'm also tired of hearing this bulls*it about ronaldo being hard work and messi being talent. Cr7 got signed by manutd at 18, u don't get signed by manutd at 18 if u aren't ridiculously talented
very stupid post
what is this one saying??

Re: Infinix Compares Ronaldo And Messi, Receives Backlash. by DrayZee: 6:52pm On Jan 10, 2017
DukeNija:

Yes it is possible to say a club is the best based on what they have won. What else will you compare or rate clubs by if not trophies.
Same goes for Musicians.

If you've won more awards than me in the same category, wont it be foolish of me to say im better than you?

If you can tell me how else we can rate clubs and musicians in the same category other than awards, then your argument stands.
Ok sir. Well I'm proud to tell you that, upon winning the FIFA award yesterday, Ronaldo now officially has more individual awards than Messi. It ain't all about Ballon D'or. Golden boot, FIFA and the rest count too.
Re: Infinix Compares Ronaldo And Messi, Receives Backlash. by nwamehn: 6:53pm On Jan 10, 2017
DrayZee:
Lol. That's like saying Real Madrid are the best cuz of 11 champions league trophies and that no club will be better until they surpass 11 Champions league trophies.

At present, Madrid is actually the best team of all time just as Messi is the best player of all time. In fact, the margin of Madrid's greatness in comparison with other teams is even far higher than that of Messi in comparison with other players.
Though this doesn't in any way translate to the fact that Madrid was the best team in 2016 or that Messi was the best player in 2016.
Re: Infinix Compares Ronaldo And Messi, Receives Backlash. by ImoRiver: 6:54pm On Jan 10, 2017
DrayZee:
Some are even saying Messi is better because he has Five Ballon D'or's. That's like saying because Real Madrid have 11 Champions league trophies, they are the best in the world , and no club will be better than them until that club surpasses 11 Champions league titles undecided Ronaldo has had arguably the best year of any football player that has ever existed.

Kanye is a million times more talented.
Re: Infinix Compares Ronaldo And Messi, Receives Backlash. by DrayZee: 6:57pm On Jan 10, 2017
nwamehn:

At present, Madrid is actually the best team of all time just as Messi is the best player of all time. In fact, the margin of Madrid's greatness in comparison with other teams is even far higher than that of Messi in comparison with other players.
Though this doesn't in any way translate to the fact that Madrid was the best team in 2016 or that Messi was the best player in 2016.
Lol. If you go like that, then I'm pleased to tell you that, upon winning the FIFA awards yesterday, Ronaldo now officially has more individual awards than Messi. How d'you like that huh?
Re: Infinix Compares Ronaldo And Messi, Receives Backlash. by SUPERPACK: 6:57pm On Jan 10, 2017
ANTONINEUTRON:

at the bolded, u re wrong, it was given base on ronaldo's three trophies

and that's what ur post suggest to an average person who reads it
becuz in terms of perfomance messi was better in 2016

Adios Bro
m.goal.com/s/en-gb/news/3277/la-liga/2016/11/30/30030562/revealed-why-ronaldo-is-more-influential-than-messi
Re: Infinix Compares Ronaldo And Messi, Receives Backlash. by DrayZee: 6:59pm On Jan 10, 2017
ImoRiver:

Kanye is a million times more talented.
lol.Comparing Kanye to Eminem. That's like comparing James Ellsworth to Roman Reigns [for WWE fans in the house]
Re: Infinix Compares Ronaldo And Messi, Receives Backlash. by Jessestunch: 7:25pm On Jan 10, 2017
ANTONINEUTRON:

IN GENERAL

epl fans who don't watch other leagues
they think ronaldo is the best to happen to football
because
1. that is the best they can get to the league in ages

2. they good in getting d media to their MOSTLY over-hyped players

ironically both players play in the same league...so you have no point .
Re: Infinix Compares Ronaldo And Messi, Receives Backlash. by Frankaka8(m): 7:30pm On Jan 10, 2017
[quote author=taiwo3489 post=52697582][/quote] would also love cr7x to play with teams like hull city, bastia, or twente. #lame. Dont judge where one plays, judge with the abilities on d pitch
Re: Infinix Compares Ronaldo And Messi, Receives Backlash. by nwamehn: 7:38pm On Jan 10, 2017
DrayZee:
Lol. If you go like that, then I'm pleased to tell you that, upon winning the FIFA awards yesterday, Ronaldo now officially has more individual awards than Messi. How d'you like that huh?

Lol. Even without winning the FIFA best player, we all know that Ronaldo has more individual awards than Messi even though Messi has far more trophies than Ronaldo.
Look at this analogy sir, if the individual awards A has more than B are golden boot, then it means A is a sharper shooter than B. If the individual awards A has more than B are puskas awards, then A scores more fantastic goals than B. If Facebook, GSA etc recognises A as best player in so many occasions, then it translates that A is more liked by Facebook and the likes than B. If La Liga gives A best player of the month for many months and gives B best player of the season, then A will definitely have more individual awards than B whereas B is a better player that season. Mourinho had actually won best coach of the season in England but never won best coach of the month in that season for once.
Boss, so many things ar being considered in naming someone the best player just as they were considered in naming Ronaldo for this last year, it's different from who is the sharpest shooter or who is the best goalscorer or who has more individual awards and doesn't always translate to who has more trophies. Based on what I watch and also the fact that I believe that FIFA isn't poor in their understanding of football, If FIFA had actually recognised Ronaldo as the world best player in more occasions than any other footballer, then I would have easily accepted that Ronaldo is the best player of all time, just as I fully agree that Ronaldo performed best in 2016 even based on only my own analyses let alone adding FIFA's verdict.
Re: Infinix Compares Ronaldo And Messi, Receives Backlash. by DrayZee: 7:43pm On Jan 10, 2017
nwamehn:

Lol. Even without winning the FIFA best player, we all know that Ronaldo has more individual awards than Messi even though Messi has far more trophies than Ronaldo.
Look at this analogy sir, if the individual awards A has more than B are golden boot, then it means A is a sharper shooter than B. If the individual awards A has more than B are puskas awards, then A scores more fantastic goals than B. If Facebook, GSA etc recognises A as best player in so many occasions, then it translates that A is more liked by Facebook and the likes than B. If La Liga gives A best player of the month for many months and gives B best player of the season, then A will definitely have more individual awards than B whereas B is a better player that season. Mourinho had actually won best coach of the season in England but never won best coach of the month in that season for once.
Boss, so many things ar being considered in naming someone the best player just as they were considered in naming Ronaldo for this last year, it's different from who is the sharpest shooter or who is the best goalscorer or who has more individual awards and doesn't always translate to who has more trophies. If FIFA had actually recognised Ronaldo as the world best player in more occasions than any other footballer, then I would have easily accepted that Ronaldo is the best player of all time.
Ok sir. Did I forget to mention, he also won Best Sportsperson of the Year award this Year? He is the first footballer to ever win that award.
Re: Infinix Compares Ronaldo And Messi, Receives Backlash. by legendte(m): 7:47pm On Jan 10, 2017
DrayZee:
I'll just say this. After winning the FIFA Award yesterday, Ronaldo now has more individual awards than Messi. If it's all about goals, then there are guys in China who score goals like crazy. But no one gives a shi.t about them because their goals didn't get them anything that mattered. What's the point scoring goals if yu can't do it when it matters most. Btw, Pele himself said Ronaldo has had arguably the best year of any player. Pele himself said it.
Pepe won same award too. Did I hear you say he has more awards than Messi?
Re: Infinix Compares Ronaldo And Messi, Receives Backlash. by Damfostopper(m): 8:01pm On Jan 10, 2017
Ronaldo all the way.... Barcelona cry dogs and pique can go fvck themself cos idgaf

2 Likes

Re: Infinix Compares Ronaldo And Messi, Receives Backlash. by nwamehn: 8:06pm On Jan 10, 2017
DrayZee:
Ok sir. Did I forget to mention, he also won Best Sportsperson of the Year award this Year? He is the first footballer to ever win that award.

Mehn, u know that best sportsperson of the year is as good as best footballer of the year to a football fan naah. That one is just another record and the fact is that Ronaldo also has more records than Messi. But world best player is just a single award that shows who played best in a year. Ronaldo had played on top with Messi for nine years and in those nine years Messi won the best player for five out of the nine years while Ronaldo won it four times, who exactly would be rated as a better player than those two in the space of those years? It's just like being in the same class with someone who came first for five out of the nine terms u were together, who exactly would be regarded as overall best in the space of those nine terms?
Re: Infinix Compares Ronaldo And Messi, Receives Backlash. by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jan 10, 2017
DrayZee:
No just a point. THEY ARE ABSOLUTELY CORRECT IN ALL RAMAFICATIONS. The only problem is that the victim has a legion of hateful fans ready to destroy the Infinix brand just for telling the truth. I mean, even Pele and Maradona ( who have been known to be with Messi in the past) have attested to the fact that What Ronaldo achieved in 2016 has not been achieved by any other player. When have you seen a player win Champions league, Euro and Club World Cup in a single year. Not to talk of Ballon D'or, the TOTY award, Golden boot and other numerous awards Ronaldo has won. He is also the first football player to become Male Sportsperson of the Year. Come on people!
Well written!
Re: Infinix Compares Ronaldo And Messi, Receives Backlash. by Netwonder(m): 8:15pm On Jan 10, 2017
EmmySparky:
All CR7 haters would be annoyed with this post...the candid truth is that CR7 is a more complete player than messi...thants my take...i no sabi argue...so i dont want any messi lover to start quoting me and spilling shiii...am out
Gbe enu e soun. :-/ Olodo. undecided
Re: Infinix Compares Ronaldo And Messi, Receives Backlash. by DrayZee: 8:16pm On Jan 10, 2017
nwamehn:

Mehn, u know that best sportsperson of the year is as good as best footballer of the year to a football fan naah. That one is just another record and the fact is that Ronaldo also has more records than Messi. But world best player is just a single award that shows who played best in a year. Ronaldo had played on top with Messi for nine years and in those nine years Messi won the best player for five out of the nine years while Ronaldo won it four times, who exactly would be rated as a better player than those two in the space of those years? It's just like being in the same class with someone who came first for five out of the nine terms u were together, who exactly would be regarded as overall best in the space of those nine terms?
Overall best? Good point. You're the only person to have made me actually think hard for a reply. Most of the others were just arguing blindly. I'll leave it at this: In terms of Ballon D'or, Messi is the all time best. But the current Best Player is Ronaldo.

1 Like

Re: Infinix Compares Ronaldo And Messi, Receives Backlash. by DrayZee: 8:17pm On Jan 10, 2017
legendte:

Pepe won same award too. Did I hear you say he has more awards than Messi?
Yes he now has more individual awards than Messi.
Re: Infinix Compares Ronaldo And Messi, Receives Backlash. by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jan 10, 2017
Chai! Barca fans dey veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeex! Their eyes dey reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed! E pain dem sotaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay dem wan die! ;DChai! Barca fans dey veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeex! Their eyes dey reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed! E pain dem sotaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay dem wan die!
Re: Infinix Compares Ronaldo And Messi, Receives Backlash. by EmmySparky(m): 8:29pm On Jan 10, 2017
Netwonder:
Gbe enu e soun. :-/ Olodo. undecided
i don dey expect una type...oya continue
Re: Infinix Compares Ronaldo And Messi, Receives Backlash. by feodan: 8:38pm On Jan 10, 2017
DrayZee:
Some are even saying Messi is better because he has Five Ballon D'or's. That's like saying because Real Madrid have 11 Champions league trophies, they are the best in the world , and no club will be better than them until that club surpasses 11 Champions league titles undecided Ronaldo has had arguably the best year of any football player that has ever existed.
I Dont Argue When It Cums 2 Leo Vs Cr7 But Ur Unreasonable Post Make Me Wanna Say Dis, If 5 Ballod'or Is Notin (just) Dem Y Are U Screaming On D Top Of Ur Voice Dat Cr7 Has Is Best Year Ever
Re: Infinix Compares Ronaldo And Messi, Receives Backlash. by iukpe: 8:41pm On Jan 10, 2017
EVERYONE GIVES A FVCK grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Facebook To Change The Names Of Instagram And Whatsapp / Etisalat's New Data Plan (For Browsing) / Facebook Domain Stolen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.