Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,469 members, 7,808,686 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:22 PM

Has Anyone Ever Planted Pop Corn Before? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Has Anyone Ever Planted Pop Corn Before? (2872 Views)

Ramos: 'Handsome' Goat In Malaysia With 'Pop Star Looks' Is Internet Sensation / Economic Trees In South East: 5years From Now,you'll Wish You Had Planted A Tree / My Two Plots Of Maize Farm (planted 16/02!2018) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Anyone Ever Planted Pop Corn Before? by Momoney77: 3:03pm On Jan 09, 2017
Hi everyone, i personally haven't seen where it is planted before, so i wanted to ask; Has anyone planted pop corn here in negeria before, and how did he or she go about it in terms of getting the seeds, planting it,etc
Re: Has Anyone Ever Planted Pop Corn Before? by Ten12(m): 3:04pm On Jan 09, 2017
Ask taribo west
Re: Has Anyone Ever Planted Pop Corn Before? by brandonobi(m): 3:16pm On Jan 09, 2017
huh! planting of popcorn kwa?
Re: Has Anyone Ever Planted Pop Corn Before? by Elmojiid(m): 3:24pm On Jan 09, 2017
many are mad bt few are roaming

2 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Ever Planted Pop Corn Before? by Moboj: 3:53pm On Jan 09, 2017
Mumuni I sight you yes it is planted I can teach you how to plant chat me up now grin

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Ever Planted Pop Corn Before? by Momoney77: 3:56pm On Jan 09, 2017
brandonobi:

Yeah, or haven't you seen the corn seeds before they are popped, someone told me he has planted it before but i seem to have lost the persons contact.
Re: Has Anyone Ever Planted Pop Corn Before? by Momoney77: 4:00pm On Jan 09, 2017
Moboj:
Mumuni I sight you yes it is planted I can teach you how to plant chat me up now grin

Please how did you go about it, from getting the seeds to planting them, i heard some commercial seeds are sterilized hence they cannot germinate.
Re: Has Anyone Ever Planted Pop Corn Before? by Moboj: 4:04pm On Jan 09, 2017
Momoney77:

Please how did you go about it, from getting the seeds to planting them, i heard some commercial seeds are sterilized hence they cannot germinate.
It is very very easy I said chat me up I charge for teaching sha,since it's a rear thing charges are very high grin
Re: Has Anyone Ever Planted Pop Corn Before? by crestedaguiyi: 4:47pm On Jan 09, 2017
my eyes have seen my ears.

the other day my cousin told me that her mum went to pluck yam from the farm angry angry angry
Re: Has Anyone Ever Planted Pop Corn Before? by Roseey0(f): 4:54pm On Jan 09, 2017
Op mean pop corn seed.

I always tot pop corn was made from normal corn seed.
Re: Has Anyone Ever Planted Pop Corn Before? by princetom1(m): 5:46pm On Jan 09, 2017
Momoney77:
Hi everyone, i personally haven't seen where it is planted before, so i wanted to ask; Has anyone planted pop corn here in negeria before, and how did he or she go about it in terms of getting the seeds, planting it,etc

Normal corn, and dried. The end tongue
Re: Has Anyone Ever Planted Pop Corn Before? by omo17(m): 6:51pm On Jan 09, 2017
Reading various comments here, i have to smh seriously, so most of you don't know dat d popcorn is actually different from the common type of corn dat u normally buy from market,road side (roasted corn) . The same way we have sweet corn. There are different varieties of corn.

2 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Ever Planted Pop Corn Before? by osile2012: 7:29pm On Jan 09, 2017
Very Valid question and I am.interest to know as well. For the.person asking.to be chatted up, please get lost if you won't share.
Re: Has Anyone Ever Planted Pop Corn Before? by Mustack: 9:09pm On Jan 09, 2017
brandonobi:
Yap pop corn have its own special maize.
Re: Has Anyone Ever Planted Pop Corn Before? by Mustack: 9:10pm On Jan 09, 2017
I do but it was long ago during my secondary school around 19th as a practical.
Re: Has Anyone Ever Planted Pop Corn Before? by Momoney77: 6:55pm On Jan 10, 2017
omo17:
Reading various comments here, i have to smh seriously, so most of you don't know dat d popcorn is actually different from the common type of corn dat u normally buy from market,road side (roasted corn) . The same way we have sweet corn. There are different varieties of corn.

Roseey0:
Op mean pop corn seed.

I always tot pop corn was made from normal corn seed.

Thank you so much, i thought everybody was going to understand its the seed am talking of.
Re: Has Anyone Ever Planted Pop Corn Before? by TheNigerianPers: 5:49pm On Jun 11, 2020
Hello. I searched this on google and found myself here. Is there anyone with this experience? Please share.

Some very ignorant people were laughing at OP. I hope people here grows up enough to keep quiet when they don't understand questions being asked.
Re: Has Anyone Ever Planted Pop Corn Before? by Atlanticfire: 10:14pm On Jun 11, 2020
Pop corn is a different variety of corn.

I doubt if you can get the seed locally. You can ask at iita or national cereal research institute if they have.

Your best bet is to import the seed.

You have to grow it in isolation from other types of corn so that they do not cross pollinate it.

Pop corn is different because it has a very tough seed coat the traps the steam generated when it is heated until the the internal pressure is very high, enough to make it pop explosively.

If you don't plant your pop corn away from other corn varieties it will be cross pollinated and the resultant seeds may not have the required poping characteristics.

2 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Ever Planted Pop Corn Before? by Edibleskit: 10:39pm On Jun 11, 2020
Interested
Re: Has Anyone Ever Planted Pop Corn Before? by shariff84: 10:53pm On Jun 11, 2020
Yes you can plant it,its just like normal maize.you can get the seed from Zaria,Kaduna state.
Re: Has Anyone Ever Planted Pop Corn Before? by ogb5(m): 4:02am On Jun 12, 2020
shariff84:
Yes you can plant it,its just like normal maize.you can get the seed from Zaria,Kaduna state.

can you get the seed for me?

How much will it cost for 10kg

(1) (Reply)

Buy Snail Available Forsale In Large Quantity / My First Broiler Experience / We Fabricated Fish Feed Pelletizing Machine ; Low Cost Alternative In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.