Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,459 members, 7,801,143 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:28 AM

3 Ways To Thrive In A Job You Don't Love - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 3 Ways To Thrive In A Job You Don't Love (5930 Views)

I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job / Is It Right To Quit A Job You Dont Love.. Please Help / 3 Ways To Deal With People Who Play Office Politics Against You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Ways To Thrive In A Job You Don't Love by resolver(f): 3:07pm On Jan 09, 2017
While it is necessary to find a job you love, the truth is not many people will ever find a job they truly love. Most people work because they need to pay the bills, others because of one reason or the other.

The fact that you don't love your job doesn't mean you cannot thrive at the job. Here are 3 ways you can:

1. Look at the big picture: Yes, having a 'standard' job means you get paid, shaky 'one-man' businesses not included. What does your salary do for you after paying the bills and getting necessities? Does it allow you save for that professional exam, help your siblings or relatives, will help in achieving your dreams, or do something that would not otherwise have been possible?

2. Create a comfortable work environment: If your space is limited to a desk, put things that can give you comfort on it. No matter how stressed out you might feel, your work environment (personal office or desk) should be your comfort zone.

3. Strike a balance: Make conscious efforts not to become a workaholic. Create time for yourself so that you won't become unhappy and resent your job.

http://www.dovestreets.com/posts/apost/32102

4 Likes

Re: 3 Ways To Thrive In A Job You Don't Love by Nobody: 7:16am On Jan 12, 2017
grin grin grin grin

Nice one Op.

1 Like

Re: 3 Ways To Thrive In A Job You Don't Love by Julietcutie(f): 7:18am On Jan 12, 2017
good
Re: 3 Ways To Thrive In A Job You Don't Love by Nobody: 7:20am On Jan 12, 2017
Re: 3 Ways To Thrive In A Job You Don't Love by Adesiji77: 7:20am On Jan 12, 2017
Nice tips
Re: 3 Ways To Thrive In A Job You Don't Love by MrGreenMavro: 7:20am On Jan 12, 2017
what are you thriving in...what you don't like angry angry
Re: 3 Ways To Thrive In A Job You Don't Love by KayodeAjani: 7:20am On Jan 12, 2017
Abegi best way to Thrive is to QUIT. The Job i dont love
Re: 3 Ways To Thrive In A Job You Don't Love by TANKDESTROYER(m): 7:20am On Jan 12, 2017
hmmm...

Re: 3 Ways To Thrive In A Job You Don't Love by Benjom(m): 7:21am On Jan 12, 2017
Those are great advice.
Re: 3 Ways To Thrive In A Job You Don't Love by fasho01(m): 7:23am On Jan 12, 2017
I am not understanding how to apply this your approach to my super duper boring and stressful job

Anyway, thanks all the same
Re: 3 Ways To Thrive In A Job You Don't Love by torres89: 7:33am On Jan 12, 2017
Na condition make crayfish bend...
Re: 3 Ways To Thrive In A Job You Don't Love by Glaxx(m): 7:48am On Jan 12, 2017
Are these points really worth considering and bringing to FP?
Re: 3 Ways To Thrive In A Job You Don't Love by sakalisis(m): 7:54am On Jan 12, 2017
cool
Re: 3 Ways To Thrive In A Job You Don't Love by sherozy(m): 8:38am On Jan 12, 2017
you are right @op. when you freeing up your self, you tend to see to see a bigger picture of things and people around you.. I concur with you.
Re: 3 Ways To Thrive In A Job You Don't Love by dsocioemmy(m): 8:45am On Jan 12, 2017
Nice one.... Its even an opportunity to try new things, broaden you horizon and gain more experience in areas you never thought of.
Re: 3 Ways To Thrive In A Job You Don't Love by Naijaaccountwiz: 8:59am On Jan 12, 2017
These are great tips, thanks op
Re: 3 Ways To Thrive In A Job You Don't Love by Kayodemichael(m): 10:30am On Jan 12, 2017
Provided that the job is not consuming every second of your time to even think , not to talk of seeing any pictures or helping your family and friends
Re: 3 Ways To Thrive In A Job You Don't Love by Kayodemichael(m): 10:30am On Jan 12, 2017
Provided that the job is not consuming every second of your time to even think , not to talk of seeing any pictures or helping your family and friends. But still it's helpful.
Re: 3 Ways To Thrive In A Job You Don't Love by VampireeM(f): 10:32am On Jan 12, 2017
The two things that keeps me going in this my job are 'My Bills I have to pay' and 'the Bigger picture of my Future"
Re: 3 Ways To Thrive In A Job You Don't Love by tk4rd: 5:58am On Jan 13, 2017
WHY HAVEN'T THIS THREAD EXCEEDED ITS "ZERO-PAGE", EVEN AFTER ENJOYING ONE FULL DAY OF EXPOSURE ON THE N.L FRONT PAGE.?? shocked shocked

(1) (Reply)

Arik Air An Organisation Without Structure / 10 Tips To Be Successful As A Youth In His/her Career / ICAN/ATS Induction Ceremony On Monday...advice Needed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.