Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,699 members, 7,805,883 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:52 AM

FG Suspends FRC Corporate Governance Code - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Suspends FRC Corporate Governance Code (42621 Views)

List Of The 23 States In Nigeria That Exceeded Borrowing Limits– FRC / Why I Support FRCN's Governance Code For NGOS / Governance Code: Enelamah & Obazee Clash Over Adeboye, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Suspends FRC Corporate Governance Code by aminulive: 8:40pm On Jan 09, 2017
In the wake of Enoch Adeboye's resignation, Nigeria's government suspends FRC code of corporate governance

Federal Ministry of Industry, Trade and Investment Press Release (FMITI) Press Release January 9, 2017

FEDERAL GOVERNMENT SUSPENDS CODE OF CORPORATE GOVERNANCE

The Corporate Governance Code issued by the Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria (FRC) has been suspended, pending a detailed review, extensive consultation with stakeholders and reconstitution of the board of the FRC

“Government remains committed to restoring and enhancing market confidence and improving the Ease of Doing Business in Nigeria,” said Minister of Industry, Trade and Investment Dr. Okechukwu Enelamah

He continued: “Government is committed to strengthening FRC and enhancing its capacity to fulfill its core mandate.”

FRC is one of the parastatals under the supervision of the Ministry of Industry, Trade and Investment.

The Council is responsible for setting and promoting compliance with standards for accounting, financial reporting and auditing in Nigeria. It also regulates the practices of professionals involved in financial reporting and promotes good practices in financial reporting and corporate governance in Nigeria.

http://politicsngr.com/fg-suspends-frc-issued-code-corporate-governance/

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Suspends FRC Corporate Governance Code by BeClever: 8:42pm On Jan 09, 2017
After forcing Daddy GO into ×××××... Ok

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Suspends FRC Corporate Governance Code by Pebcak: 9:30pm On Jan 09, 2017

I still believe Nigerian churches should do more of humanity and charity outreach. Most churches are very rich and I mean very rich, I see a lot of similarity between politicians and pastors they amass wealth and they don't really care, honestly in my own opinion churches should not even have money in their account after paying necessary bills paying pastors etc what use is money in a church's account when there are millions of hungry kids, millions of homeless people. How do our pastors feel when they drive luxury cars and see underage kid hawking on the street.
I SAW A PICTURE OF A PASTOR IN HIS ROLLS ROYCE AND A KID WITH A TRAY OF BREAD I THINK how christian(Christ like) is that.

Take time and think deep that we have so many churches mosques in nigeria so many pastors preachers and religious people and our country is the way it is and countries like India where majority of the population worship cow or China where Christian populace is not even majority and these people live better than us that should tell up our Christian leaders have failed us. They started messing with politicians and now politicians are messing with them because our Christian leaders sold their birthright to politicians.

Please take time and read this
https://www.nairaland.com/3566972/why-support-frcns-governance-code/1#52722488

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4440502_fbimg1472552947570_jpega8c4743d48692d75335512f7da02df13

191 Likes 15 Shares

Re: FG Suspends FRC Corporate Governance Code by seguntijan(m): 9:30pm On Jan 09, 2017
"I could not resist talking about this, early today. The number of registered churches in Nigeria is 23,216 according to the Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria. Note that these churches have branches. There may be over 2,000,000 documented church branches in Nigeria. Add to this, all the Mosques and undocumented religious houses all over Nigeria, we may be talking of 5,000,000. It calls for concern. Our major business in Nigeria presently is religion or faith marketing. Yet this business is tax free and enjoy free entry. Juxtapose this with the production base in Nigeria, you will see why we are a poor nation with all forms of recession. Last year there are just slightly about 1000 manufacturing companies still hanging out there in Nigeria. Many of them are even threatening closure. Some of the old factory premises have been converted to churches and Mosques. It is sad. These companies who produce what we eat and use in this country pay tax and go through harrowing experience to do business. They cannot afford the limousines, luxury homes and private planes these faith leaders use, yet they are the ones that pay tax which we use to build roads that these faith preachers travel. We have got many things wrong in this country. Faith without work and expecting miracles is definitely a mirage. Time to have a personal relationship with God and focus on productive work. I am a Christian and a believer but I find it difficult to accept what is going on. The starting point is to bring all churches, mosques and religious houses to the tax bracket, tax religious organizations as we tax our companies. Give them tax deductions/benefits where they spend on charity as applied to businesses Nigeria.
According to one of my Wards whom I am proud to have mentored "Nigeria would have been such a great country to live in if the passion with which churches are created is the same way enterprises are established and industries developed by individuals. With this, meaningful and gainful employment would have become a thing of the past.
In a sharp departure from what I was thought in my home when I was growing up, I suddenly realized that nobody talks about industry and hard work anymore in Nigeria but miracle.
It is so painful that the teachings of hard work, honesty and industry have been replaced with the teachings of prosperity via a divine means in my dear country.
Professor Alan Rugman, of blessed memory, thought me at Henley Business School that key factors of economic growth in any country are the presence of viable industries and strong competition within the industries.
We must all imbibe the spirit of hard work, industry, patriotism and honesty for us to grow as a nation"
That is the view of one of the 24 young and promising Business Managers that I mentor. It is a food for thought as we start the new year."

330 Likes 76 Shares

Re: FG Suspends FRC Corporate Governance Code by Pistolx(m): 9:30pm On Jan 09, 2017
So will daddy adeboye eat his vomit??

6 Likes

Re: FG Suspends FRC Corporate Governance Code by hotspec(m): 9:31pm On Jan 09, 2017
Re: FG Suspends FRC Corporate Governance Code by Kyase(m): 9:31pm On Jan 09, 2017
Baba don vex oooo....
Adeboye be feeling like boss now.... cool

3 Likes

Re: FG Suspends FRC Corporate Governance Code by midolian(m): 9:31pm On Jan 09, 2017

4 Likes

Re: FG Suspends FRC Corporate Governance Code by makapella(m): 9:31pm On Jan 09, 2017
Lemme guess wot hpnd....d stake holders(G.o's,senior pastors,founders) had a very serious emergency meeting and the stake holdee's(forgive me for dt English) dnt want their leaders 2 retire not becos dey love dem so much but becos d cost of sending forth a man of God will be so highhhhhhhhh...imagine a very big "owambe" for d afonjas since na dem get G.o pass n ppl in naija in dz recession dnt hv money 2 contribute for private jet(e must follow as send forth gift)opening of bnk acct n holy ghost transport fare to transport him 2 U.K 2 rest well....i rest ma case n pls dnt gv a fucck or ul be fucccked

4 Likes

Re: FG Suspends FRC Corporate Governance Code by jaedswosh(m): 9:31pm On Jan 09, 2017
All these people nor wise at all

1 Like

Re: FG Suspends FRC Corporate Governance Code by gift01: 9:31pm On Jan 09, 2017
What is bubu afraid of?

1 Like

Re: FG Suspends FRC Corporate Governance Code by rattlesnake(m): 9:31pm On Jan 09, 2017
If we can suspend Fayose's Mouth it will be better

11 Likes

Re: FG Suspends FRC Corporate Governance Code by seXytOhbAd(m): 9:31pm On Jan 09, 2017
Lmao. This is hilarious.

A pastor subtly threatened a government and they caved in? What rubbish. They should have pushed for all the churches, Islamic organisation (sultan I sight you boss) and NGO foundations to adhere to their bullcrap policy nah....

Because Adeboye threatened to funk you up come 2019 Nigga please, we the people don't give a damn about Redeemed. APC is boring as hell, rice is still expensive, Dollar is affecting the price of eggs, and Aisha 's make up is on fleek .

5days to MMMargeddon. Get ready to withdraw everything

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Suspends FRC Corporate Governance Code by kasim155: 9:31pm On Jan 09, 2017
Nor mind dem.
Re: FG Suspends FRC Corporate Governance Code by Danny287(m): 9:31pm On Jan 09, 2017
hmmm confused govt

2 Likes

Re: FG Suspends FRC Corporate Governance Code by OBAGADAFFI: 9:32pm On Jan 09, 2017
shocked

Why didn't they allow the crises before making this move.

I thought they were told to suspend this code last year.
Re: FG Suspends FRC Corporate Governance Code by Tobitrueman(m): 9:32pm On Jan 09, 2017
BeClever:

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Suspends FRC Corporate Governance Code by KahlDrogo(m): 9:32pm On Jan 09, 2017
BeClever:
Blame it on Jonadumbfuck, the ipob yoots slavemaster.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Suspends FRC Corporate Governance Code by HRich(m): 9:32pm On Jan 09, 2017
I was in a cab today and the cab driver said, "I love my job, I'm my own boss. Nobody tells me what to do..." Then I said, "turn Left"

181 Likes 21 Shares

Re: FG Suspends FRC Corporate Governance Code by anytexy: 9:32pm On Jan 09, 2017
....not understanding at all
Re: FG Suspends FRC Corporate Governance Code by equalgarden(m): 9:32pm On Jan 09, 2017
Naija and drama!
Re: FG Suspends FRC Corporate Governance Code by Icecomrade: 9:33pm On Jan 09, 2017
Kool
Re: FG Suspends FRC Corporate Governance Code by hotspec(m): 9:33pm On Jan 09, 2017
seguntijan:
"I could not resist talking about this, early today. The number of registered churches in Nigeria is 23,216 according to the Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria. Note that these churches have branches. There may be over 2,000,000 documented church branches in Nigeria. Add to this, all the Mosques and undocumented religious houses all over Nigeria, we may be talking of 5,000,000. It calls for concern. Our major business in Nigeria presently is religion or faith marketing. Yet this business is tax free and enjoy free entry. Juxtapose this with the production base in Nigeria, you will see why we are a poor nation with all forms of recession. Last year there are just slightly about 1000 manufacturing companies still hanging out there in Nigeria. Many of them are even threatening closure. Some of the old factory premises have been converted to churches and Mosques. It is sad. These companies who produce what we eat and use in this country pay tax and go through harrowing experience to do business. They cannot afford the limousines, luxury homes and private planes these faith leaders use, yet they are the ones that pay tax which we use to build roads that these faith preachers travel. We have got many things wrong in this country. Faith without work and expecting miracles is definitely a mirage. Time to have a personal relationship with God and focus on productive work. I am a Christian and a believer but I find it difficult to accept what is going on. The starting point is to bring all churches, mosques and religious houses to the tax bracket, tax religious organizations as we tax our companies. Give them tax deductions/benefits where they spend on charity as applied to businesses Nigeria.
According to one of my Wards whom I am proud to have mentored "Nigeria would have been such a great country to live in if the passion with which churches are created is the same way enterprises are established and industries developed by individuals. With this, meaningful and gainful employment would have become a thing of the past.
In a sharp departure from what I was thought in my home when I was growing up, I suddenly realized that nobody talks about industry and hard work anymore in Nigeria but miracle.
It is so painful that the teachings of hard work, honesty and industry have been replaced with the teachings of prosperity via a divine means in my dear country.
Professor Alan Rugman, of blessed memory, thought me at Henley Business School that key factors of economic growth in any country are the presence of viable industries and strong competition within the industries.
We must all imbibe the spirit of hard work, industry, patriotism and honesty for us to grow as a nation"
That is the view of one of the 24 young and promising Business Managers that I mentor. It is a food for thought as we start the new year."

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Suspends FRC Corporate Governance Code by FearFactor1: 9:33pm On Jan 09, 2017

I am not understanding. Topic ati message ko le jive

7 Likes

Re: FG Suspends FRC Corporate Governance Code by bettercreature(m): 9:33pm On Jan 09, 2017

1 Like

Re: FG Suspends FRC Corporate Governance Code by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jan 09, 2017
The coast is clear. We can now have our Daddy G.O back

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Suspends FRC Corporate Governance Code by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jan 09, 2017
THREAD

CLOSED

1 Like

Re: FG Suspends FRC Corporate Governance Code by Bigcake: 9:33pm On Jan 09, 2017
Hmmmm...... the Nigga below may have somethimg to say..or a fvck to give.

1 Like

Re: FG Suspends FRC Corporate Governance Code by Ermacc: 9:33pm On Jan 09, 2017
gift01:
What is bubu afraid of?

2 Likes

Re: FG Suspends FRC Corporate Governance Code by mastermaestro(m): 9:34pm On Jan 09, 2017
The church of JESUS CHRIST marches on and the gates of hell shall not prevail! If it were a Muslim that oversaw the implementation of this law, people would have been crying foul. Alas! A southerner who is very likely a Christian pushed for its implementation even when the minister asked him to suspend it at least temporarily.

This is a proof that in the last days, it is Christians themselves that the devil will use to fight the church! Brace up people, the antichrists are here. They are in the church already singing hallelujah like you.

But the saints will prevail in the end! Hosanna! Hosanna!

31 Likes 6 Shares

Re: FG Suspends FRC Corporate Governance Code by Atiku2019: 9:34pm On Jan 09, 2017
gift01:
What is bubu afraid of?

Atiku2019 grin

2 Likes

Re: FG Suspends FRC Corporate Governance Code by ReubenE(m): 9:34pm On Jan 09, 2017
Nigerian government and reactionary measures are 5&6.
Rather than study issues properly to make the necessary amends, policies are hurriedly introduced always...

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Call For Restructuring Of Nigeria: Yorubas Are Envious Of The North - Yakasai / Pictures Of The Nigeria-Cameroon 1.5km Border Bridge / Governor Wike Laughs As A Comedian Mimics Him At An Event (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.