Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,035 members, 7,807,100 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:32 AM

FG Suspends FRC Corporate Governance Code - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Suspends FRC Corporate Governance Code (42625 Views)

List Of The 23 States In Nigeria That Exceeded Borrowing Limits– FRC / Why I Support FRCN's Governance Code For NGOS / Governance Code: Enelamah & Obazee Clash Over Adeboye, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Suspends FRC Corporate Governance Code by LLSAINT(m): 11:15am On Jan 10, 2017
I totally concur with some respodents. If the truth is to be told, majority of Nigerian/Africans are mentally Lazy. A situation where someone takes over your Right and you do nothing but end up saying ''God dey'' is sad. We want God to do everything for us even to put food in our mouth and plan for us just because we serve in a Church thus expecting Him to do things for us? This is a wrong mentality. We prefer to pay and compete with the highest seed/offering/tithe, etc in our religious centres but careless of those hungry/helpless in our communities even to the point wherein we abandon our parents just because we must meet one religious obligation(s). If you take the statistics of those (even Nairalanders) that affected at least someone or their parents in the yuletide session as against those who pay offering/seed or one religious financial obligation, your mind would blow.
If the Scriptures says that ...''weeping may endure for a night but Joy comes in the Morning..'' , it means that your Joy would come when you wake up.
My point is, we should wake up and stop the pretence!!
Re: FG Suspends FRC Corporate Governance Code by udemtional: 1:10pm On Jan 10, 2017
No.1 News Paper Presenter of the Year, APC...Winner .Aboki Na Aboki, any how u pain ham na Aboki, u wear ram shoe na Aboki, Change from North to South Na Aboki, Aboki Neva Change.shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Share

Re: FG Suspends FRC Corporate Governance Code by yungeez(m): 2:56pm On Jan 10, 2017
Re: FG Suspends FRC Corporate Governance Code by Themandator: 4:50pm On Jan 10, 2017
Montaque:

The NGO(church and mosque inclusive) all registered with CAC, and thus is amenable to government interference, though limited. They are managed by board of trustee and as much as you want to see it as a calling, there is politics in the management. They have gone ahead to forage into social and welfare sector, and they affect people in their duties. They should be amenable to interference aimed at ensuring accountability and transparency.

The traditional leaders you mentioned don't need government to exist. Infact they are not registered or birthed by the CAC, unlike the Board of trustees that get their existence from registration.
This issue is what a good organisation will put in place to ensure healthy organisation. Its because of the refusal that resulted into it being law.

Welfare and social services have always been part of the work of the church and missions that is why you have mission schools......everything owned by the church or missions apart from the church itslef has and is always treated as a business entity or charity depending on their mission.

All the universities by the missions have financial responsibility to the government as well as the hospitals. The church itself have always had an accounting department and if their concern is their finances then the best would have been to target their account and asked for certain guidelines .....Nigeria is not the only nation with religious groups ....Iran has a religious leader that is more powerful than their president ,Ayatollah

In all the society of the world in clouding America there is none that asked for time limits for spiritual leaders even America that was undergoing shocking transfiguration under Obama
Re: FG Suspends FRC Corporate Governance Code by Eldee54321(m): 6:41pm On Jan 10, 2017
potent5:

Bros do you know that most of these GOs benefited from missionary schools or scholarships even when those missionaries barely managed to stay alive far away from their countries of origin. No matter what the churches contribute to society, it can never be enough. Asking what the govt has done is not a sound argument; the church is supposed to lead by example as the salt of the world and not the other way round.
Hmmmmmm.... Can u tell me which of this pastors really benefits frm missionary schools or scholarships
Re: FG Suspends FRC Corporate Governance Code by Stone03: 7:29pm On Jan 10, 2017
Exciton:

Of course the government is culpable but I fully disagree with you and others who are against seguntijan. Nigerian religion actively contributes to corruption and the poor state of the nation. Religious leaders like Rev Martin Luther King stood up against the evils of the society in their time. Our religious leaders are nothing more than political tools to gather votes.

Religious leaders have the moral responsibility to stand up and speak against corrupt politicians and evil acts in the society. But ours never do this. None of them have spoken against the death, starvation and humanitarian crises in the north east. None of the pentecostal leaders have spoken against Fulani herdsmen killings and called Buhari out on his lack of interest in solving any of these major crises. The best they can do is offer some pitiful donation that doesn't solve any problem. Why?

Here is why. Churches and mosques receive lots of money from corrupt politicians and people. Your pastors don't refuse these corrupt "tithes, gifts and offerings". These makes them morally handicapped. They can no longer express their views even if they had one because they have collected stolen money... money meant for infrastructural development of the nation has been diverted into building megachurches and acquiring private jets.

You and others have to face the fact. These religious leaders are morally corrupt, lack the transparency required of non-profit organizations around the world and ultimately contribute to the decay of societal values by advocating for miracles and "divine" favour (aka corruption and non-meritocracy) over hard work, honesty, critical thinking, questioning our leaders etc.

Its safe in a sane society like that of Martin Luther King to live up to one's moral responsibilities without being nailed. Not in a dark society like ours, yet I praise the daring attitude of some like Papa Oyedepo, Johnson Suleiman et al & yet many Nigerians still stand to condemn preachers meddling into political matters. Even the masses are against their helpers. Saying that churches contributed to our societal decadence is out of place by advocating miracles & divine favor. I want to know what u expect pastors to preach? Is it science? Technology? Politics? Of course it is miracles, signs & wonders, divine favor e.t.c, which are the promises of the Bible they are ordained to preach. But if there's an institution that has spurred their faithful to carry-on with their lives without waiting for our failed & failing government, I think its the church. How else do you advocate hard work? Government should be eternally grateful to the church which preaches hope to the members, which without it, angry & frustrated youths would be daily on the streets carrying out deadly protest
Re: FG Suspends FRC Corporate Governance Code by potent5(m): 5:25am On Jan 11, 2017
Eldee54321:
Hmmmmmm.... Can u tell me which of this pastors really benefits frm missionary schools or scholarships
Enoch Adeboye was enrolled at the only missionary school in their village, Ifewara, Osun State.
Oyedepo attended Anglican Primary School also a missionary school.
Idahosa also attended Anglican primary school.
Do you want more names?
Re: FG Suspends FRC Corporate Governance Code by makapella(m): 11:24am On Jan 11, 2017
IamPopular:
I just need to ask u a little question, do u think b4 u talk or u talk b4 u think, cause I m very sure u did not think b4 u wrote all this...
e pain u ooo
Re: FG Suspends FRC Corporate Governance Code by Eldee54321(m): 6:00pm On Jan 11, 2017
potent5:

Enoch Adeboye was enrolled at the only missionary school in their village, Ifewara, Osun State.
Oyedepo attended Anglican Primary School also a missionary school.
Idahosa also attended Anglican primary school.
Do you want more names?
according to what papa adeboye said..they still pay some money for d fees...what abt d Governors that owe their ppl's salaries...didn't they also attend Missionary schools too? People lije Ajumobi,Amosun n co...Bros still they are better than these government of ours
Re: FG Suspends FRC Corporate Governance Code by potent5(m): 7:47am On Jan 12, 2017
Eldee54321:
according to what papa adeboye said..they still pay some money for d fees...what abt d Governors that owe their ppl's salaries...didn't they also attend Missionary schools too? People lije Ajumobi,Amosun n co...Bros still they are better than these government of ours
Whatever these clergymen paid cannot be regarded as school fees when compared to what their own schools charge today. I attended a Methodist secondary school and up till today I still wonder if what I paid was school fee. Imaging paying N45 as fee. Without the missionary schools in those days so many of them wouldn't be educated today. But today without public universities some people won't have tertiary education.
The Church is supposed to be the salt of the world and so comparing men of God with public servants and politicians is like comparing apples and oranges.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Wishes Muslims Happy Sallah (photo) / Call For Restructuring Of Nigeria: Yorubas Are Envious Of The North - Yakasai / EFCC Picks Up Mohammed Adoke On Arrival From Dubai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.