Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,952 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:49 PM

How Skit Can Help Your Film Career - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / How Skit Can Help Your Film Career (723 Views)

I Will Help You Produce Your Film Or Documentary / How To Sell Your Film / COMEDY SKIT: Can You Borrow This Guy Your Toothbrush? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Skit Can Help Your Film Career by ekwurekwu(m): 12:23am On Jan 10, 2017
Most filmmakers don't believe in skit. They refer as time and money wasting, but the truth remains they don't understand how a skit can help build their portfolio and life. Yes, everything big starts small. You are looking at "blowing" in nearby years and you always tell yourself, in your first film, caliber of stars will be featured. It's a dream and not a future. You might say you have of a long list of Okon, Mercy Johnson, Aki and Paw Paw, Mr Ibu, Chiwetalu Agu and the rest. Do you have the resources to get these guys down to your location. Dem no wan come follow you chop akara and pure water for location or una go come camp for where mosquitoes go dey use pipe as straw. As a friend of mine will say, "dem get their price".

Skit has no budget. You don't to spend Millions unless a brand decided to sponsor you. We live in digital world where you can confidently shoot a film with phones. Yes, you heard me right, phones! Let Google help you with the search. You don't need expensive location or props. I know your mind is telling about Markangel comedy? Sirbalo Clinic? Real House of Comedy? BeadTv Entertainment? Fashy Decency? GP Comic?
These guys have made it through skits. They have entered offices some "super stars" couldn't step a foot. What are you waiting for? To produce a film worth two million naira and Alaba boys will pirate the rest? To waste your time and money chasing producers or directors looking for whom to warm their beds?

These are Reasons Skit can help Your Budding Film Career

Expose- You can be exposed easily to your audience. Imagine, little Emmanuella in your neighborhood. You can be also exposed on equipment handling.

Identification- You can be identified easily. You don't need to hold on to a remote while watching the clip, in other to show your friends where they fixed you in. "waka pass no dey". You are the "actor" and "boss" together. You flow freely both in action and words.

Self Confidence- most filmmakers lack this, the most reason they pack up easily. Self confidence gives you reasons to forge ahead even in the midst of challenges. Ask the guys I mentioned up there how they started and what is propelling them.

Audience- You have already made audience. They want you to feed them. The people you call your friends on Facebook, the Twitter followers, the Instagram followers, the Whatsapp contacts. Once, they love you just forget it, na blowing things.

Being Yourself- Skit allows you become who ever you are. Just use that in you to give your audience what they want.

Income- This is the area, most person are interested. How we go dey take make money? I go just dey burn just like that? You can make real money if you want to. First, open a Youtube channel where you will be uploading your videos. Search small business around your area, willing to support you. Run few seconds advert for them or include their web page on any of your video. Don't be greedy. Every penny counts. It doesn't matter how much but how well. Have this in mind, there are brands watching how you do your thing and probably waiting for the perfect for them to come in.

https://ekwurekwutv..com.ng/2017/01/how-skit-can-help-your-film-career.html

(1) (Reply)

If Kissing On Set Is Just Acting...Is Having Sex On Set Acting Too? / Check Out The 5 Talented Nigerians In The American Movie Black Panther / Black Panther

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.