Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,583 members, 7,809,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:39 PM

Want To Study Abroad, Then Check This Out - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Want To Study Abroad, Then Check This Out (3118 Views)

Want To Study Abroad Then You Have To Read This. / Please Is This Waec Result Good Enough To Study Business Admin In Lasu / Do You Want To Study Abroad Next Year? Then Check This Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Want To Study Abroad, Then Check This Out by kayjegs: 6:56am On Jan 10, 2017
I have been around here on nairaland for quite a while and I have contributed in my own little way to discussions and helping out with information even earlier on this thread. You can check my signature or profile. Right now, I have something to say. It has been part of some of my discussions here on nairaland and I am bringing it up again.
It is about information for people interested in studying abroad for undergraduate and postgraduate studies. The information has been summarily packaged in a mobile app for studies in Germany, South Korea, Norway, Canada, Belgium, France.
It talks about the processes involved in getting admissions, what to do, schools to apply to and weekly updated news on opportunities/scholarships. You now have the information you need at your fingertips, just one click on your phone and you have it. Some other benefits of the app are embedded there-in. This app is not in any playstore.
It is less than 2 USD (precisely 770 naira for Nigerians) and you can download it here: http://kayjegs.com/index.php/app-download

Feel free to ask me questions. Thanks
Re: Want To Study Abroad, Then Check This Out by kayjegs: 10:59pm On Jan 12, 2017
I will be trying my best to bring opportunities on this page for students to use. I get a lot of questions from prospective students who want to study abroad in a place like Germany. Germany does not usually offer undergraduate courses in English. However, there are quite a number of schools in Germany who do for particular courses:

Reutlingen University offers BSc International business in English. See website: https://www.reutlingen-university.de/en/home/
Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg offers BSc Business Economics in English. See website: http://www.uni-halle.de/?lang=en
SRH University Berlin which is known for its management courses offers BSc Business Administration in English. See website: https://www.srh-hochschule-berlin.de/en/homepage/
For undergraduate degree in Agriculture, University of Hohenheim is one of the best Universities for Agricultural studies in Germany. They offer BSc Crop Sciences in English. See website: https://www.uni-hohenheim.de/en/english

Give this a try: 2017 Undergraduate scholarship; University College Gronigen Scholarship: This is a scholarship for students interested in Liberal Arts and Sciences at the University College Groningen in Netherlands. See website: www.rug.nl/education/international-students/financial-matters/ucg-scholarship
Re: Want To Study Abroad, Then Check This Out by ahahnow: 8:33pm On Jan 14, 2017
Anything for graduate studies in the US? FULL SCHOLARSHIP?
Re: Want To Study Abroad, Then Check This Out by kayjegs: 3:47am On Jan 15, 2017
Thanks for the reply. For the US, you have to do GRE and get good scores before you can be considered for scholarships. Some schools in the States will even require you to write TOEFL also.
Re: Want To Study Abroad, Then Check This Out by kayjegs: 5:28pm On Jan 18, 2017
If you are between 18 and 23 years and you are passionate about changing your society or community, you can apply for the Global Youth summit 2017. It comes up between 16 - 20 July in Switzerland. This is a way of building yourself up and your resume.
Deadline for application is January 31, 2017.

Visit their site for details: http://global-changemakers.net/events-1.html?utm_source=Iterable&utm_campaign=iterable_CAN_Jan_18_2017_%20Global%20Youth%20Summit_application&utm_medium=email
Re: Want To Study Abroad, Then Check This Out by kayjegs: 7:35pm On Apr 14, 2017
Hello and how are you doing today?

Have you heard about the Travel abroad app. This is a mobile android app which gives you information you need to know about travelling abroad for schooling or to settle down.

What you stand to gain with Travel abroad app:

Users will get information about tuition-free schooling in Germany for postgraduate and undergraduate studies. And also users will know schools that could do some undergraduate courses in English.

Users will get information about South Korea and the schools to apply to in South Korea. How to get assured admissions.

Users will get information about schools in Canada where you can apply for graduate and undergraduate studies. Many of the affordable and high admission rate schools in Canada are in this app.

Users will get information about schools to apply to in Norway which are mostly tuition free.

Users will get information on Canada express entry programme, Australian immigration programme and how to go about applying for permanent residency.

Users will be inundated with new information about scholarships and other opportunities that they can easily apply for.

Users are notfied of changes in Governmental policies abroad. For example, users can get first hand information about the Canadian express entry draw updates, provincial nominee programmes etc.

Users can also get help from me by asking questions directly about anything regarding to travelling out.

I have been a member of nairaland since 2009 and I have contributed immensely to many threads on travel in Nairaland plus I have advised a lot of people who are abroad today. Don't waste time on paying astronomical fees to consultants, get this app today.

Visit to download app: www.kayjegs.com/index.php/app-download

Visit our facebook page for more details: https://www.facebook.com/Travel-Abroad-App-304741743256898/?hc_ref=PAGES_TIMELINE&fref=nf

Have a great day

Re: Want To Study Abroad, Then Check This Out by kayjegs: 4:33pm On May 26, 2017
Check out the following opportunities:

M.Sc. Global Change Ecology, Germany - 4 weeks left - Apply now
We would like to advertise the application deadline this summer for an attractive and intense international MSc study program in Global Change Ecology at the University of Bayreuth in Germany. Either you in person or bachelor students and graduates around may be interested in this qualification.
The program is devoted to understanding and analyzing the most important and consequential environmental concern of the 21st century; namely, the ecological consequences of Global Change, especially the effects of climate change and biodiversity loss. One of the program's focus is the linking of natural science and socio-economic perspectives. The international program is realized in close contact with research institutions, NGOs and companies and administration. Our study program has been acknowledged by the United Nations as an observer organization. During the last years, we received applications from more than 70 countries.
Teaching language is in English. Accepted candidates do not have to pay tuition fees.
Applicants from any academic background that is related to the scope of this study program are welcome to apply. Applications can be uploaded on the Online Application portal.
The deadline is 15th of June 2017. Please, check the link for application details: https://www.bayceer.uni-bayreuth.de/gce/en/lehre/gru/html.php?id_obj=39882

PhD opportunity in fisheries social-ecological systems
We are seeking a highly qualified candidate interested in pursuing an PhD in fisheries socio- economics in the Great Lakes basin, to complement our work on environmental and climate change, and their associated impacts on fisheries. Based at Dalhousie University in Halifax, Nova Scotia, and in conjunction with the Great Lakes Institute for Environmental Research at the University of Windsor, Windsor, Ontario, this is an exciting opportunity to be at the forefront of understanding one of Canada's most economically-important (estimated value > $7 billion/year), but least-understood fisheries, and to develop highly sought-after interdisciplinary and quantitative research skills.
Fisheries within the Great Lakes represent a variety of interests, including commercial, recreational, and subsistence sectors, and yet little to no attention has been paid to them as important social-ecological systems. That is, our understanding of who is fishing and why, what the value of these fisheries are, or where catches are ultimately consumed is limited. Recreational fisheries are thought to be particularly important for disadvantaged people who rely on these fisheries to supplement their diet. This lack of information coincides with dramatic, environmentally-driven change in the composition of Great Lakes food-webs, suggesting a high potential for mismanagement of associated fisheries in the future. This project will attempt to describe and quantify the socio-economic influencers on Great Lakes fisheries, as well the resulting socio-economic impacts from these fisheries.

The ideal candidate will have an undergraduate background in Biology, Environmental Governance, Science, Policy or a related discipline, preferably with experience in, or knowledge of, quantitative and qualitative social research methods. Candidates should also have (i) the ability to work in an interdisciplinary environment, (ii) strong written and oral communication skills and (iii) experience conducting fieldwork. Most critically they will have a demonstrated ability to work as a constructive and positive member of a team. Competitive stipend, opportunities to TA, and funding for national and international conference travel will be provided.
Contact information: For more information or to express your interest please contact Professors Aaron MacNeil (a.macneil@dal.ca), Megan Bailey (megan.bailey@dal.ca), or Aaron Fisk (afisk@uwindsor.ca)
Re: Want To Study Abroad, Then Check This Out by Chydobe: 1:35am On Oct 30, 2017
For some people who are used to the modern world. locating best places to study abroad, isn't a big deal, some already have an idea of the best place to study abroad and wouldn't want to contest in any argument about it. However, this article has a compilation of the best places to study abroad. These places are world educational arenas available virtually in all careers. Considering to study abroad? Then consider places like, Canada, Australia, France, London, China, Spain, Italy, Ireland, USA and lots more.

Before considering your best place to study abroad, make it a point of duty to be well informed about the requirements and all you need to study in such country. Now, it is time for you to choose one of these places to start your studies.

Click to view list, contact info and links to their official website

http://www.newzified.com/list-of-best-places-to-study-abroad-best-place-to-study/
Re: Want To Study Abroad, Then Check This Out by kayjegs: 4:24pm On Dec 27, 2017
You can download the app on google playstore now. Search for "Travel abroad" on google playstore and download the app. I welcome feedbacks on what and what you want included. This is the first version. You will get information needed to study abroad or immigrate abroad easily.
Re: Want To Study Abroad, Then Check This Out by benswagtt(m): 10:50am On Sep 20, 2018
kayjegs:
You can download the app on google playstore now. Search for "Travel abroad" on google playstore and download the app. I welcome feedbacks on what and what you want included. This is the first version. You will get information needed to study abroad or immigrate abroad easily.

Good afternoon sir,
Please i need your service on how to procure an admission in Germany. I'll be glad if you can send me an email, though I did send you one
Re: Want To Study Abroad, Then Check This Out by kayjegs: 1:16pm On Sep 23, 2018
benswagtt:

Good afternoon sir,
Please i need your service on how to procure an admission in Germany. I'll be glad if you can send me an email, though I did send you one

Thanks. I have replied you already
Re: Want To Study Abroad, Then Check This Out by benswagtt(m): 9:07pm On Sep 23, 2018
kayjegs:

thank you sir
Re: Want To Study Abroad, Then Check This Out by esivue007(m): 8:34pm On Oct 05, 2018
kayjegs:

hi pls can i have your no,its urgently needed.PLEASE do not disregard dis.
Re: Want To Study Abroad, Then Check This Out by kayjegs: 4:45am On Oct 06, 2018
esivue007:
hi pls can i have your no,its urgently needed.PLEASE do not disregard dis.

You can send me an email or PM me.
Re: Want To Study Abroad, Then Check This Out by esivue007(m): 7:46am On Oct 06, 2018
kayjegs:

You can send me an email or PM me.
Re: Want To Study Abroad, Then Check This Out by shakol91(m): 8:08am On Oct 06, 2018
@kayjegs, pls can you help me with links or list of good accredited universities in Benin Republic that offers Architecture. Pls it's urgent.
Re: Want To Study Abroad, Then Check This Out by kayjegs: 2:12pm On Feb 17, 2019
Hello. I have been getting a lot of requests about people wanting to go to Germany for study and many people think it is free. It is not free technically to study in Germany. Although the schools are tuition free but you will still need to get a blocked account to deposit about 8,000 Euros which is about 3.3 million naira so that you can get your Visa at the embassy. This money is for your upkeep in Germany. So pls understand this. People write me with the view that since it is tuition free, they are not paying anything...No. Let me explain it in a better way: You are not paying school fees but they won't pay for your accommodation and feeding, you will have to pay it yourself and you must show proof that you will pay for your accommodation feeding yourself through opening a blocked account. Moreover, going to Germany entails that you also have a little knowledge of the German language.
Travelling out of Nigeria involves spending money and making sure you have a means of sustaining yourself because the standard of living in the developed countries is high and it comes at a huge cost when spending naira. So pls take note.
The information I have now is that you can apply to schools in Canada for the Fall 2019 (September 2019). You can search and apply to schools now. But, if you feel you can't do it on your own, let me know. I can help you through the process and I take a fee for my services. Enjoy your day.
Re: Want To Study Abroad, Then Check This Out by Hannahlyka: 11:34am On Feb 18, 2019
Hello..I saw ur link on nairaland..
I'm new to the forum and don't know my way around
Would love to know if there are scholarship programs u have an idea of - I mean the types that can be awarded to an applicant early and can be used during visa application because I don't av d means to get a blocked account.

My aim is a Aerospace engineering undergraduate program in a German university.

I don't want to bombard you with questions..
I studied Biochemistry and graduated from University of Ilorin, Nigeria in 2017 with a 2.1 and just finished NYSC program last two months. My wish as always been to study aerospace engineering but a lot been against me telling me to go for masters in a course I really don't like. I do not have the means especially for the high tuition costs of most UK and American universities. My friend told me about German tuition free schools...So I really want to give it a try.

My biochemistry program only included Math in 100lvl, Statistics in 200lvl and Computer studies in 100lvl & 400lvl apart from other courses. Can I get a direct general admission?

And what level of German language do I need? Are there cheap schools u know offer such service in Lagos?
Most undergraduate courses are taught in German, even Aerospace. Do I still need an English proficiency exam? Would they accept TOEFL?
Which other exams can be mandatory?
Which semester is best for me to apply to, Winter or Summer?
And would I be writing any entrance exams?
Thank you so much, I'll await your reply.
kayjegs:
Hello. I have been getting a lot of requests about people wanting to go to Germany for study and many people think it is free. It is not free technically to study in Germany. Although the schools are tuition free but you will still need to get a blocked account to deposit about 8,000 Euros which is about 3.3 million naira so that you can get your Visa at the embassy. This money is for your upkeep in Germany. So pls understand this. People write me with the view that since it is tuition free, they are not paying anything...No. Let me explain it in a better way: You are not paying school fees but they won't pay for your accommodation and feeding, you will have to pay it yourself and you must show proof that you will pay for your accommodation feeding yourself through opening a blocked account. Moreover, going to Germany entails that you also have a little knowledge of the German language.
Travelling out of Nigeria involves spending money and making sure you have a means of sustaining yourself because the standard of living in the developed countries is high and it comes at a huge cost when spending naira. So pls take note.
The information I have now is that you can apply to schools in Canada for the Fall 2019 (September 2019). You can search and apply to schools now. But, if you feel you can't do it on your own, let me know. I can help you through the process and I take a fee for my services. Enjoy your day.
Hello..I saw ur link on nairaland..
I'm new to the forum and don't know my way around
Would love to know if there are scholarship programs u have an idea of - I mean the types that can be awarded to an applicant early and can be used during visa application because I don't av d means to get a blocked account.

My aim is a Aerospace engineering undergraduate program in a German university.

I don't want to bombard you with questions..
I studied Biochemistry and graduated from University of Ilorin, Nigeria in 2017 with a 2.1 and just finished NYSC program last two months. My wish as always been to study aerospace engineering but a lot been against me telling me to go for masters in a course I really don't like. I do not have the means especially for the high tuition costs of most UK and American universities. My friend told me about German tuition free schools...So I really want to give it a try.

My biochemistry program only included Math in 100lvl, Statistics in 200lvl and Computer studies in 100lvl & 400lvl apart from other courses. Can I get a direct general admission?

And what level of German language do I need? Are there cheap schools u know offer such service in Lagos?
Most undergraduate courses are taught in German, even Aerospace. Do I still need an English proficiency exam? Would they accept TOEFL?
Which other exams can be mandatory?
Which semester is best for me to apply to, Winter or Summer?
And would I be writing any entrance exams?
Thank you so much, I'll await your reply.
Re: Want To Study Abroad, Then Check This Out by Afuapedayo: 8:25am On Nov 28, 2019
Learn more about the best Universities abroad, scholarships, tuition free and other processes involved WhatsApp +1 (206) 531-0014

(1) (Reply)

Thread For Applicants Of University Of Ibadan Postgraduate School 2017/2018 / Electronic Library For Schools And Organizations / Joining The St. Catherine's Model School, Surulere Group On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.