Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,089 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:01 AM

Mansion In The Village And Rented Apartment In Town. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Mansion In The Village And Rented Apartment In Town. (40048 Views)

America’s Most Expensive Home, The $139 Million Gold Plated Mansion In Florida / The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" / Exclusive Pictures Of Babangida's Eye-popping Mansion In Minna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mansion In The Village And Rented Apartment In Town. by deluxecad(m): 8:10am On Nov 24, 2009
I think it's penny wise pound foolish to build a country home in your village you visit once a year or hardly even do and living in a rented house in town where you spend almost all your life. Would you rather create impression at home while you remain a tenant in town?

67 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Mansion In The Village And Rented Apartment In Town. by SeanT21(f): 8:31am On Nov 24, 2009
I agree.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mansion In The Village And Rented Apartment In Town. by MrCrackles(m): 8:54am On Nov 24, 2009
I will put that mansion in town because i dont have any business in the village!
We are not villagers where i come from anyway! cool

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mansion In The Village And Rented Apartment In Town. by areaboi: 2:14pm On Nov 24, 2009
Wat the Bleep is wrong with it,won't i retire someday,wat if i were to contest for a public office someday,etc.

86 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mansion In The Village And Rented Apartment In Town. by mamagee3(f): 10:00pm On Nov 24, 2009
MrCrackles:

I will put that mansion in town because i dont have any business in the village!
We are not villagers where i come from anyway! cool

Are you from mammi-water kingdom? grin grin

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mansion In The Village And Rented Apartment In Town. by MrCrackles(m): 10:27pm On Nov 24, 2009
mama-gee:

Are you from mammi-water kingdom? grin grin
Mammy Water for where. . . . grin
Re: Mansion In The Village And Rented Apartment In Town. by Kwarafact: 9:25am On Nov 25, 2009
strive to build in the city too but having a good one in the village is not a bad choice.

14 Likes

Re: Mansion In The Village And Rented Apartment In Town. by deluxecad(m): 6:49pm On Jan 01, 2010
Many pple no dey travel go their village mansions because of kidnapping. why u no go?

1 Like

Re: Mansion In The Village And Rented Apartment In Town. by harakiri(m): 11:54pm On Jan 01, 2010
People do this for different reasons.One main reason is that a lot of peeps who do this "originated" from the village/towns and spent their child hood years back "home" so the only people they can floss for are those at home.That is why Igbos love going home.You won't see any born and breed in Lagos guy being too enthusiastic about visiting home during xmas.It's the one's who were born and raised there that look forward to it with feverishness so that they can see their peeps and oppress the poor villagers.So to such people, the city is just a hustling ground and nothing more.

Another reason people build houses in the village is to "identify" with their people.They want to lay their mark as "sons/daughters of the soil".It's a thing of honour to hustle in the city and show your achievements in the village.

Then, there are some who just build in the village because EVERYBODY who has money is doing it.I know a guy who has 2 houses in lag and 1 in the village.The village house cost him close to N30 million and he has only slept there ONCE.Whenever he goes home,he sleeps in hotels because he fears "village people" and you wonder, why did you build the house in the first place.

Nuff said!

103 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Mansion In The Village And Rented Apartment In Town. by feasy1(m): 7:51am On Jan 03, 2010
No one has mentioned the cost of building in the city as compared to that of the village. The cost of building a 5 bedroom/ 7 bedroom house in the village on a 4 plot of land wont suffice to buy 1 plot of land in Lagos on the mainland, Island might be a no go area.

anyway the topic said "rented apartment in Town" I'll take the town for City

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mansion In The Village And Rented Apartment In Town. by tociano009(m): 6:03pm On Jun 20, 2015
grin
Re: Mansion In The Village And Rented Apartment In Town. by edwife(f): 6:03pm On Jun 20, 2015
For me i think you need to build in your village because you will definetely return when you are old.City life is not ideal in old age,the noise,crowd,mosquitos and many more...

When you have a mansion in the village,you will enjoy it when you retire and your kids come home every Christmas with their kids-very fun and peaceful.

Check yourself why you don't go back to your village,nothing great like NATURE.

11 Likes

Re: Mansion In The Village And Rented Apartment In Town. by sweatlana: 6:03pm On Jun 20, 2015
It makes no sense. How much time do u spend in the village?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mansion In The Village And Rented Apartment In Town. by mascot87(m): 6:03pm On Jun 20, 2015
The witches & wizards that will kill u in ur village are filing the spiritual cutlass they will use on u. God build house for their u hear angry angry

3 Likes

Re: Mansion In The Village And Rented Apartment In Town. by TOEZOFFICIAL(m): 6:03pm On Jun 20, 2015
Re: Mansion In The Village And Rented Apartment In Town. by chukslawrence(m): 6:04pm On Jun 20, 2015
Brb
Re: Mansion In The Village And Rented Apartment In Town. by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 6:04pm On Jun 20, 2015
We IGBOS prefer to build in our Village first,our house in the Village is very big and better than the one in the City,anytime I travel home I dey feel like Obama inside Whitehouse!

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mansion In The Village And Rented Apartment In Town. by hardywaltz(m): 6:05pm On Jun 20, 2015
Particularly my Igbo brothers. We build Mansions in the village that are occupied by lizards and come to the city to rent shanty houses.
Well most of them will tell u that it's safer to build in the village than in a strange land incase of another war, so that people will not reap where dey did not sow (abandoned property syndrome).
As a matter of principle we Igbos always build our first house in the village then start thinking of building commercial houses or shops in the city.

19 Likes

Re: Mansion In The Village And Rented Apartment In Town. by IamOpemipo(m): 6:06pm On Jun 20, 2015
Fact is u may neva live up to 5 years in totalty @ d villa..
..best tin is setup ur place of abode in dat city u are, wia u and ya famly will alwas find comfortable...

Many villa mansions are wastin away, cos no 1 wanna stay dia based on civilization, social amenities, infrastructures etc

1 Like

Re: Mansion In The Village And Rented Apartment In Town. by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jun 20, 2015
IGBO KWENU OOOOOOOO.
Usually we build our mansions in the village,now that we have many already built in our enclaves,we are buying lands MTN. grin.Please Chang that "you" to we.

3 Likes

Re: Mansion In The Village And Rented Apartment In Town. by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jun 20, 2015
deluxecad:
I think it's penny wise pound foolish to build a country home in your village you visit once a year or hardly even do and living in a rented house in town where you spend almost all your life. Would you rather create impression at home while you remain a tenant in town?
we don't retire in Lagos, we retire to the village and visit Lagos. It's called wisdom. We learnt hard after the civil war. My grandpa lost all his houses in lagos and port harcourt. He wouldn't have if it was in Owerri.

We are not stupid anymore. So just incase we decide to bring up Biafra again, we won't have much to lose.

50 Likes 2 Shares

Daily issue in Nigeria. Everyone is a suspect sad

True, if they have a handshake with you, check your pocket grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mansion In The Village And Rented Apartment In Town. by rill: 6:07pm On Jun 20, 2015
Where the Op wey open dis thread

2 Likes

Re: Mansion In The Village And Rented Apartment In Town. by freecocoa(f): 6:09pm On Jun 20, 2015
If one can afford to build in both places then cool but if not, I think it's wise to build in your hometown as it helps to develop your place and it's in our culture for people to retire to their hometown most times.

15 Likes

Re: Mansion In The Village And Rented Apartment In Town. by akinlex(m): 6:09pm On Jun 20, 2015
rill:
Where the Op wey open dis thread
Re: Mansion In The Village And Rented Apartment In Town. by OdenigboAroli(m): 6:09pm On Jun 20, 2015
It's Igbo culture to build a mansion in their ancestral land.

6 Likes

Re: Mansion In The Village And Rented Apartment In Town. by damiloladuke: 6:09pm On Jun 20, 2015
yeah

READ THE DIARY OF A JOBLESS NAIJA YOUTH HERE
www.wenogetjob..com
Re: Mansion In The Village And Rented Apartment In Town. by Nnaeb(m): 6:10pm On Jun 20, 2015
Build a house in the town, it can generate money for a house in the village!

Not the other way round

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mansion In The Village And Rented Apartment In Town. by OdenigboAroli(m): 6:10pm On Jun 20, 2015
freecocoa:
If one can afford to build in both places then cool but if not, I think it's wise to build in your hometown as it helps to develop your place and it's in our culture for people to retire to their hometown most times.

They won't understand because it's an Igbo thing.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mansion In The Village And Rented Apartment In Town. by Pavore9: 6:11pm On Jun 20, 2015
My father built more in Lagos and built something comfortable in the village which we don't spend more than 2 months in a year in it. The investment in Lagos is sustaining a lot stuff in later years.

4 Likes

Re: Mansion In The Village And Rented Apartment In Town. by Vivalavida99(f): 6:11pm On Jun 20, 2015
Op, it's useless building a Mansion in the village and living in rented apartment in the city.

What happened to building that same mansion in the city, and if you think it will be too big to live in it, you can rent it out. Should you have a financial problem in future, the bank can give you a good loan to start a profitable business.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) / 5 BEDROOM PANTHEON SMART DUPLEX + A POOL @ ORCHID BY CHEVRON LEKKI. CALL US NOW! / Fire @ Mikano Office, VI: Two Persons Confirmed Dead - Eyewitness (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.