Stats: 3,150,541 members, 7,808,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:42 PM

Senate Rejects Closure Of Abuja Airport - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Senate Rejects Closure Of Abuja Airport (17163 Views)

Abuja Airport Re-opens With Strict COVID-19 Safety Protocols / See Photos Of The New Look Of Abuja Airport Reopened Today / The Beauty Of Abuja Airport Runway At Night As It Nears Completion (2) (3) (4)

Re: Senate Rejects Closure Of Abuja Airport by banki(m): 12:47pm On Jan 11, 2017
OFFICIAL336:

I have you ever been on an international flight? I guess not.

NAIA is the 2nd most busiest airport in Nigeria and redirecting all int'l flights to Kaduna will overwhelm that airport. That airport can't handle int'l flights, and the city itself is relatively unsafe.

Last week, fulani terrorists murdered over 100 Nigerian souls, Boko haram had been dislodged from their base and don't u think they might target Kaduna to proof a point, the shites are equally there, religious tension bw Southern and Northern Kaduna is high, the Abj-Kad road is not even in a better condition.

Kaduna is not safe for this diversion. They should redirect to Lagos and reconnect using helicopter. Like they intend to do between Kad-Abj. If this is not an option, then they should redirect to Minna which is about 151km to Abuja against Kaduna that is 209km.

They can still upgrade without closing the airport entirely.

that's my problem all of you emergency pundits....
The Abuja kaduna express road is not that bad and the government even put aside over1 billion for immediate rehabilitation of the road.....besides I doubt if you even know where the kaduna airport is...
what do you know about airports and airsafety...that your on nairaland on a faceless forum you think you can just get up and talk anyhow?
how can you even think planes would be landing and then they we ill be resurfacing the runway at the same time? is it possible
is there any place that is safe in the world?
incase you don't know the NCAT (Nigerian college of aviation is in zaria kaduna state)
the Nigerian defence academy is in kaduna state
the Nigerian airforce have a base close to the airport in kaduna state

like I have said before all of you emergency acivists don't even know where southern kaduna is! that is not in anyway justifying the violence that has gone on there in the last30 years...

The minna roads are horrible, minna airport is small and cannot even carry heavy aircrafts its a 6 weeks operation, we are paying for the negligence of the past administrations from obasanjo -jonathan....
the runway needs to be fixed

Re: Senate Rejects Closure Of Abuja Airport by Phobia1: 1:10pm On Jan 11, 2017
OFFICIAL336:

I think you need to go back to school. The last thing the executive will ever dream of is a war with the legislature. They have the capability to shut down the government in case you don't know. They can cut funding to the aviation sector and the executive will never do shit about that.

If it is as easier as you think, Sariki and Ekweremmadu would av been in prison now. But it is not easy for Buhari.

It didn't come from them to the executive? Lol. Who approved the fund for the executive?
This is Nigeria. why not wait and let see if the airport will not be closed down come March. it's just 2 months away.
They only want to be relevant. why dem Neva close am down since dey can? they refuse to do their job nd d executives want to do it for them now, they are ranting up and down. that's d problem we are having in this nation and somebody is trying to correct the wrong-doings. that shit of a runway was documented to be repaired in 20years after the completion then but over the stupid years of pdp govt d yeye house didn't do it's job. Am even sure dey never even 4 once come across dat document talk less of acting on it. It's after sometin bad happens on d runway that dey will now come for the executives. it just doesn't make sense. #yeye people.
Re: Senate Rejects Closure Of Abuja Airport by Enice(m): 1:29pm On Jan 11, 2017
Phobia1:

This is Nigeria. why not wait and let see if the airport will not be closed down come March. it's just 2 months away.
They only want to be relevant. why dem Neva close am down since dey can? they refuse to do their job nd d executives want to do it for them now, they are ranting up and down. that's d problem we are having in this nation and somebody is trying to correct the wrong-doings. that shit of a runway was documented to be repaired in 20years after the completion then but over the stupid years of pdp govt d yeye house didn't do it's job. Am even sure dey never even 4 once come across dat document talk less of acting on it. It's after sometin bad happens on d runway that dey will now come for the executives. it just doesn't make sense. #yeye people.
thanks for the lectures. Another reasoning is that the constitution of the FRN empowers the legislators to make laws by acts/amendments and not by resolutions or motions. The FG can ignore this motion or resolution and nothing will happen. It has happened so many times before and it would happen again.
Re: Senate Rejects Closure Of Abuja Airport by OFFICIAL336: 1:43pm On Jan 11, 2017
banki:

that's my problem all of you emergency pundits....
The Abuja kaduna express road is not that bad and the government even put aside over1 billion for immediate rehabilitation of the road.....besides I doubt if you even know where the kaduna airport is...
what do you know about airports and airsafety...that your on nairaland on a faceless forum you think you can just get up and talk anyhow?
how can you even think planes would be landing and then they we ill be resurfacing the runway at the same time? is it possible
is there any place that is safe in the world?
incase you don't know the NCAT (Nigerian college of aviation is in zaria kaduna state)
the Nigerian defence academy is in kaduna state
the Nigerian airforce have a base close to the airport in kaduna state

like I have said before all of you emergency acivists don't even know where southern kaduna is! that is not in anyway justifying the violence that has gone on there in the last30 years...

The minna roads are horrible, minna airport is small and cannot even carry heavy aircrafts its a 6 weeks operation, we are paying for the negligence of the past administrations from obasanjo -jonathan....
the runway needs to be fixed
Sorry, no be every Nigeria be zombie. There was no shishi appropriated in the 2016 budget for the rehabilitation of Kaduna-Abuja road. So where Buhari wan get 1bn from?

Don't allow these politicians deceive you. They are playing politics with that diversion. Kaduna is not safe. They should redirect all int'l flights to Lagos, and Abuja-bound domestic flights to Minna. Instead of redirecting all flights both int'l and domestic to Kaduna.
Re: Senate Rejects Closure Of Abuja Airport by OFFICIAL336: 2:03pm On Jan 11, 2017
Enice:
thanks for the lectures. Another reasoning is that the constitution of the FRN empowers the legislators to make laws by acts/amendments and not by resolutions or motions. The FG can ignore this motion or resolution and nothing will happen. It has happened so many times before and it would happen again.
Resolutions generally are not binding unless specified by law.

Section 5(1) (4)(a), Section 6 (1)(4), Section 16 (2), Section 84 (3), Section 105 (2) of the constitution provide such exception. State of emergency is approved by way of a resolution and such resolution is binding according to Section 305 (1) of the constitution.

Disobeying legislative resolution is tantamount to declaration of war against the House and bearing in mind 2017 budget passage will be around that period, the Executive won't like to disobey any such resolution.
Re: Senate Rejects Closure Of Abuja Airport by Ubenedictus(m): 2:04pm On Jan 11, 2017
mayoor15:
so you are so dumb to understand what I wrote, maybe you shouldn't have bothered replying, don't bother replying me cos I can see your IQ doesn't match what I can start arguing with... Have a great night rest
thanks for the insult. I respect myself to much to engage in the insult competition that happens here, i guess you couldnt answer my questions hence the insults. It is ok, have a nice day.
Re: Senate Rejects Closure Of Abuja Airport by banki(m): 2:07pm On Jan 11, 2017
OFFICIAL336:

Sorry, no be every Nigeria be zombie. There was no shishi appropriated in the 2016 budget for the rehabilitation of Kaduna-Abuja road. So where Buhari wan get 1bn from?

Don't allow these politicians deceive you. They are playing politics with that diversion. Kaduna is not safe. They should redirect all int'l flights to Lagos, and Abuja-bound domestic flights to Minna. Instead of redirecting all flights both int'l and domestic to Kaduna.

you that is not a zombie .....
you are such an intelligent person that you feel airplanes should be landing on a bad runway and that they can be fixing a portion of it while planes are landing!

and who told you that no money was budgeted for the kaduna -Abuja express road? most international flights that operate the Abuja route already have the lagos route, lufhtansa,ethiopian,airfrance,british airways, and Egypt air.... so I don't understand your argument

your problem is kaduna...the government has made a decision I support it totally and I pray they see it through people in the aviation industry want it politicians and agents of doom don't want it
Re: Senate Rejects Closure Of Abuja Airport by Enice(m): 2:12pm On Jan 11, 2017
OFFICIAL336:

Resolutions generally are not binding unless specified by law.

Section 5(1) (4)(a), Section 6 (1)(4), Section 16 (2), Section 84 (3), Section 105 (2) of the constitution provide such exception. State of emergency is approved by way of a resolution and such resolution is binding according to Section 305 (1) of the constitution.

Disobeying legislative resolution is tantamount to declaration of war against the House and bearing in mind 2017 budget passage will be around that period, the Executive won't like to disobey any such resolution.
you think so? Lets wait and see. Maybe when major airlines start boycotting abuja airport, na then we go get sense..
Re: Senate Rejects Closure Of Abuja Airport by Phobia1: 3:49pm On Jan 11, 2017
Enice:
Still pointing out the fact that the legis don't do what they are elected to do. #foolsinthechambers
Re: Senate Rejects Closure Of Abuja Airport by OFFICIAL336: 7:23pm On Jan 11, 2017
banki:

you that is not a zombie .....
you are such an intelligent person that you feel airplanes should be landing on a bad runway and that they can be fixing a portion of it while planes are landing!

and who told you that no money was budgeted for the kaduna -Abuja express road? most international flights that operate the Abuja route already have the lagos route, lufhtansa,ethiopian,airfrance,british airways, and Egypt air.... so I don't understand your argument

your problem is kaduna...the government has made a decision I support it totally and I pray they see it through people in the aviation industry want it politicians and agents of doom don't want it
I don't want to believe you are having issues with comprehension. My position is against diverting to Kaduna not repairing bad runaway.

2016 budget does not capture the rehabilitation of Kaduna-Abuja road. So I don't know where he wants to get 1bn to rehabilitate that road.

The stakeholders are not happy and you can't force them to divert to Kaduna that is relatively unsafe for them. International flight operators in their last stakeholders meeting had already stated that in clear terms. In quote “We believe Kaduna may be an alternative for local operators but definitely not for international airline operators. But we will get back on this,”- Mr. Osho Joseph.

According to the aviation minister “what I have is not final. We are still open to new knowledge on this matter. At the end of our preparation, stakeholders will be invited to inspect Kaduna to ask further questions.” So the decision to divert to Kaduna is not final and you can't force the operators against their will.

On security, he explained that the federal government and the Kaduna State Government will provide “security within the airport, Kaduna Metropolitan City, enroute to railway station & along Kaduna- Abuja road.”

He also said air surveillance of the entire route will be provided by the Police and the Air Force even as road safety personnel will be deployed to ensure smooth flow of traffic.

24 hrs aerial surveillance on a 206KM road for 6 wks by the airforce and police is near impossible, and will be very costly. Why would they promise what we know they won't do. A sensible person will start inquiring why FG wants that flight diverted to Kaduna when better options abound, even preparing to take up unnecessary costs just to convince the operators to divert to that Kaduna.

Only Zombies will fail to see beyond their nose.
Re: Senate Rejects Closure Of Abuja Airport by OFFICIAL336: 7:26pm On Jan 11, 2017
Enice:
you think so? Lets wait and see. Maybe when major airlines start boycotting abuja airport, na then we go get sense..
Only Zombies want int'l flight diverted to Kaduna. I don't knw wht they intend to achieve with that.

The operators have already stated in clear terms during their last stakeholders meeting that they are not diverting to Kaduna.
Re: Senate Rejects Closure Of Abuja Airport by banki(m): 8:16pm On Jan 11, 2017
OFFICIAL336:

I don't want to believe you are having issues with comprehension. My position is against diverting to Kaduna not repairing bad runaway.

2016 budget does not capture the rehabilitation of Kaduna-Abuja road. So I don't know where he wants to get 1bn to rehabilitate that road.

The stakeholders are not happy and you can't force them to divert to Kaduna that is relatively unsafe for them. International flight operators in their last stakeholders meeting had already stated that in clear terms. In quote “We believe Kaduna may be an alternative for local operators but definitely not for international airline operators. But we will get back on this,”- Mr. Osho Joseph.

According to the aviation minister “what I have is not final. We are still open to new knowledge on this matter. At the end of our preparation, stakeholders will be invited to inspect Kaduna to ask further questions.” So the decision to divert to Kaduna is not final and you can't force the operators against their will.

On security, he explained that the federal government and the Kaduna State Government will provide “security within the airport, Kaduna Metropolitan City, enroute to railway station & along Kaduna- Abuja road.”

He also said air surveillance of the entire route will be provided by the Police and the Air Force even as road safety personnel will be deployed to ensure smooth flow of traffic.

24 hrs aerial surveillance on a 206KM road for 6 wks by the airforce and police is near impossible, and will be very costly. Why would they promise what we know they won't do. A sensible person will start inquiring why FG wants that flight diverted to Kaduna when better options abound, even preparing to take up unnecessary costs just to convince the operators to divert to that Kaduna.

Only Zombies will fail to see beyond their nose.

Quit complaining and tell me your solution....and stop being petty! Your point earlier that they should take them with helicopters from Lagos didn't make sense and once more I ask why do you have a problem with fixing the runway of the airport....

Minna is a no no because minna airport can't handle large aircrafts Jos would have been better!
Re: Senate Rejects Closure Of Abuja Airport by OFFICIAL336: 9:23pm On Jan 11, 2017
banki:

Quit complaining and tell me your solution....and stop being petty! Your point earlier that they should take them with helicopters from Lagos didn't make sense and once more I ask why do you have a problem with fixing the runway of the airport....

Minna is a no no because minna airport can't handle large aircrafts Jos would have been better!
I av used that runway 5 good times, 4 times for domestic flights (2 arrivals and 2 departures) and once for int'l flight (1 departure) So 'll be very stupid to argue against fixing that runway. Am not against fixing the runway, am against diverting ALL flights to Kaduna.

About the helicopter, it was the FG that made mention of using helicopter to connect Kaduna to Abuja, my position then was since the FG wants to do this, why not divert to Lag and reconnect with helicopter as they intended to do with Kad. This was my position until u pointed out how expensive that would be.

If you check my previous comments, you would find out my position remains diverting int'l flights to Lag and domestics to Minna which is 151km to Abuja on road, about 2 hrs 30mins. Jos to Abuja is about 268KM, about 3 hrs 45 mins.
Re: Senate Rejects Closure Of Abuja Airport by Enice(m): 10:37pm On Jan 11, 2017
OFFICIAL336:

Only Zombies want int'l flight diverted to Kaduna. I don't knw wht they intend to achieve with that.

The operators have already stated in clear terms during their last stakeholders meeting that they are not diverting to Kaduna.
IDGAF where flights should be diverted to. What i am saying is that the airport should be closed for repairs.
Re: Senate Rejects Closure Of Abuja Airport by Leopardd(m): 4:35am On Jan 22, 2017
Juliet11111:

Hi! Are you the one on ur dp?

Yes dear.

Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK / Ibadan People Scooping Fuel From A Broken Down Petrol Tanker (Video) / Beware! Possible Heavy Traffic On Lagos-ibadan Expressway By 1st, 2nd And 3rd Of

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72