Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,846 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:17 AM

2018 Lexus LS500 – The Reborn Of A Flagship. - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2018 Lexus LS500 – The Reborn Of A Flagship. (37221 Views)

2020 Chevrolet Corvette C8: An American Muscle Reborn / 2018 Lexus RX L Released With Third Row Seat (photos) / 2018 Lexus GS F (price, Photos And Features) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2018 Lexus LS500 – The Reborn Of A Flagship. by omoiyalayi(m): 7:48pm On Dec 03, 2017
People that are driving this kind of cars does not have two heads o

I ve been calling for a long time

God I beg pick my calls
Re: 2018 Lexus LS500 – The Reborn Of A Flagship. by Kaslino(m): 7:55pm On Dec 03, 2017
Davidlollipop:

Really undecided

Really Bro. Look at it - if you search for it here on nairaland, at best, you will get two results : a 2008 model for sale at around 5m and a past 2010 Model. That was the first time I came across the LS models of Lexus. Then run a search on any S class Model and compare. You would agree with me that for every LS model you find on the road, 5 Benzes have gone past. In Ife where I currently school, there is currently only one LS500 on campus of which it's an early 90s model. But I've seen a lot of v boots and even a few 90s S Class. While both of them are tastefully luxurious, let's face the fact that in our clime, the S class left the LS miles behind
Re: 2018 Lexus LS500 – The Reborn Of A Flagship. by Kaslino(m): 8:13pm On Dec 03, 2017
amstamon:

Na people like u go dey coment like say u get G-wagon and yet u no even get Honda bulldog. Abeg shift go "one corner" jor.
I'm in my ous, comman beat me..

Ah ahn! My chairman! I fall for you o! I cannot drag with you. G-Wagon and Honda Halla, I have none. But both, I shall bring to come and appease your royal highness.
Re: 2018 Lexus LS500 – The Reborn Of A Flagship. by Originalsly: 8:28pm On Dec 03, 2017
Kaslino:

I think a Nigerian president using the LX 570 as an official vehicle is much more feasible than an LS 500.
True...for two reasons.... bad roads and the hippo sized men that tag along with them....the LS500 wouldn't be suitable.... not roomy enough... not high enough... not tough enough to drag haul all that !
Re: 2018 Lexus LS500 – The Reborn Of A Flagship. by fabienjoe: 8:50pm On Dec 03, 2017
Kaslino:

As long as the Mercedes S Class is still in production,that dream will never materialise.The S Benz was unveiled in 1990 as a contender to the LS which was the def. Of luxury then.27 yrs after,we know who is winning.The S class was even able to dust it within a decade of production.
I must say,truthfully,that this car would have been my pick for a luxury sedan,dusting the avalon and ES models...if not for the IS 250 which to me is a combo of executive comfort,sportiness and luxury.Nevertheless,its a worthy pick any day,any time

Completely uninformed analysis. Benz has been one of the foremost luxury car makers before Toyota debuted with the Lexus LS 400 in 1988. Mercedes, BMW and GM executives bought a number of these cars for analysis because they were extremely good and cost a fraction of what BMW and Benz flagships were offering at the time. GM declared that their factory at the time was not capable of making cars as good as that at the time. In fact, BMW openly accused Lexus executives of selling their car below production cost. They didn't believe Lexus can sell such fantastic cars at that price without incurring huge losses. But they had no option than to improve their game. Even then, fast-forward to 2017, Lexus flagship is priced at the same level as BMW 7 series and Benz S class but they still have a healthy share of the market. In fact they are today well established in this very demanding segment of the industry. Not a mean feat especially if you consider the struggles of Acura and Infiniti.

Finally it confounds me, your basis for comparing the Lexus flagship to ES model, IS 250 and Toyota Avalon. None of these is in the same segment as LS model.

1 Like

Re: 2018 Lexus LS500 – The Reborn Of A Flagship. by amstamon: 6:51am On Dec 04, 2017
Kaslino:

Ah ahn! My chairman! I fall for you o! I cannot drag with you. G-Wagon and Honda Halla, I have none. But both, I shall bring to come and appease your royal highness.
Oya sorry no vex,but I'm still in my ous, comman beat me
Re: 2018 Lexus LS500 – The Reborn Of A Flagship. by EMIOMOADEOYE: 8:20am On Dec 04, 2017
angels09:

If it's not Coke it's not Coke. S klasse is supremely ahead and above any contraption Lexus can put together!

Not everybody will agree
Re: 2018 Lexus LS500 – The Reborn Of A Flagship. by Nobody: 10:04am On Dec 04, 2017
EMIOMOADEOYE:

Not everybody will agree
No basis for comparison

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes / Nigerians Take The "Take Your Car On A Date" Trend To A Higher Level / Mercedes-Benz Unveils It's 1st All-electric Car,It Will Go 200mi On Full Charge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.