Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,918 members, 7,802,984 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:32 AM

Ali Ndume Removed As Senate Majority Leader, Replaced By Lawan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ali Ndume Removed As Senate Majority Leader, Replaced By Lawan (725 Views)

APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) / Buba Jibril Is Dead (House Of Reps Deputy Majority Leader) / Senate Lawan Begins Duty As Senate Leader After Ousting Of Ex-leader Ali Ndume(p (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ali Ndume Removed As Senate Majority Leader, Replaced By Lawan by san316(m): 8:58pm On Jan 10, 2017
Ali Ndume removed as Senate LeaderBy Yemi Itodo on January 10, 2017@dailypostngr

The in house crisis in the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) may have taken another turn as the party caucus in the Senate has removed the Senate Leader, Ali Ndume (Borno South).

In a letter which was transmitted to the Senate on Tuesday, the APC caucus forwarded the name of Senator Ahmed Lawal (Yobe North) as the new Senate Leader.

The APC caucus also said the decision was arrived at during the party’s caucus meeting of Monday 9th January, 2017.

As at the time of filing this report, the esthwhile Senate Leader, Ali Ndume is briefing the Press Corp of the Senate.

Reacting to the development, Ali Ndume said he was not aware if he has been removed as Senate Leader.

“I was surprised at the announcement, but I cannot tell if I have been removed as Senate Leader. I urge all of you to be calm while waiting for further development,” he said.

http://dailypost.ng/2017/01/10/breaking-ali-ndume-removed-senate-leader/

@ lalasticlala, mynd44, this made headline news this morning, let it make fp

(1) (Reply)

Men Of The Nigeria Army Beat Up A Cripple / Corruption:Forget Bible,Let African Leaders Swear By ‘Smaller Gods’–Pete Edochie / EFCC Raids Home Of Jonathan's Godson, Turnah, Carts Away Cheque Books, Documents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.