Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:05 AM

How Do I Skip NYSC? - NYSC (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / How Do I Skip NYSC? (30541 Views)

Graduates Who Skip NYSC Can Contest Governorship Elections" - Court Declares / 2019 Batch B: What To Do If You Skip Stream 1 To Join Stream 2 / I'm 29 And I Have A European Club Offer, Can I Skip NYSC And Go? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Skip NYSC? by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jan 12, 2017
Milichoco:
The letter is for everyone ..
ehen if that is the case how come thousands keep going for nysc without opting for the excemption certificate if it were readily available like u claim?
so u are now the DG of nysc that decides who gets exemption certificate ba? this pic is from the nysc website so dont mislead people. the part of going to apply for the certificate in the university one graduated from is only for those who meet these criteria.
m sure u misread d eligibility part and thought its for everybody

Re: How Do I Skip NYSC? by Jammiiee(m): 2:08pm On Jan 12, 2017
Nope I don't angry I hate corruption right frm kindergarten sir angry angry
jayAjoku:
lol like you haven't been involved in it before grin grin lie say you never do one or twos before
Re: How Do I Skip NYSC? by Jammiiee(m): 2:09pm On Jan 12, 2017
You mean screwdriver angry angry angry angry
slinkman:
screw off
Re: How Do I Skip NYSC? by laudate: 3:22pm On Jan 12, 2017
holysainbj:

Get sense or at least borrow one
You are probably one of those kids that still fantasize about NYSC not knowing its truly one year wasted if not two years with the incessant delays now, ur type will probably wear ur NYSC khaki and cap to bath. If anyone has relevant info on it pls do well to share.
Let's skip the part of being hypocritical, most graduates who have served would attest to the fact that NYSC is one year wasted.

Who are those that fall into this your category of 'most graduates' that claim NYSC is one year wasted? Kindly name them. Do they constitute 10% or 50% of those who served on the programme? shocked Oga, you need to stop generalising and speak for yourself.

My own NYSC year was great. It exposed me to a lot of projects and wonderful people drawn from different sections of the country. I was even retained by the company I served in, but I had to decline their offer, as I got an even better job after the year was up. In fact, the projects I worked on during my NYSC year, helped in no small measure to secure that job! cheesy

mfm04622:
I keep saying it. If you say NYSC is a waste of time, there are two things involved. I is either you haven't served or you worked your way to where you contributed NOTHING, so it was truly a waste. If you really served, you will contribute to either the present or the future of this country. Corp members in the medical profession contribute to the present while other who primarily serve in the education sector contribute to the future of this nation. The truth is that some pupils/students won't have teachers if not for the NYSC programme. So people won't have access to the presently poor medical services if not for NYSC.
I know many ex-corp members that contributed so much to where they served that they were offered appointments (mostly teaching jobs which most rejected). I also know of those dashed lands and other things by the community. Go where you are posted and do your bit for humanity. Like some have done for you.

Thank you, o jare!! You talk am well. It is such a relief to hear such words of wisdom for a change. undecided
Re: How Do I Skip NYSC? by holysainbj(m): 3:49pm On Jan 12, 2017
laudate:

Who are those that fall into this your category of 'most graduates' that claim NYSC is one year wasted? Kindly name them. Do they constitute 10% or 50% of those who served on the programme? shocked Oga, you need to stop generalising and speak for yourself.

My own NYSC year was great. It exposed me to a lot of projects and wonderful people drawn from different sections of the country. I was even retained by the company I served in, but I had to decline their offer, as I got an even better job after the year was up. In fact, the projects I worked on during my NYSC year, helped in no small measure to secure that job! cheesy

Thank you, o jare!! You talk am well. It is such a relief to hear such words of wisdom for a change. undecided
I have just one question for you. NYSC has been so great but yearly why is there debate for it to be scrapped off? or u haven't heard of it?

u got ur job after NYSC, or u were offered one during NYSC, I got one a good one immediately I wrote my last exam in Uni.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Skip NYSC? by laudate: 3:55pm On Jan 12, 2017
holysainbj:
I have just one question for you. NYSC has been so great but yearly why is there debate for it to be scrapped off? or u haven't heard of it?

u got ur job after NYSC, or u were offered one during NYSC, I got one a good one immediately I wrote my last exam in Uni.

Those who enter into a debate for NYSC to be scrapped are either highly ignorant, or have not taken out time to research about how the programme can be beneficial to them.

As for the 'good' job you got after writing your exams in the university, it would be an entry level position. Let me offer my congratulations. Come back after one year on the job, and share your experience here. undecided Organisational culture and office politics has a way of colouring one's experiences.

If you however decide to switch jobs, or work for a multinational in the future, they would definitely request for your NYSC Certificate.
Re: How Do I Skip NYSC? by nebukadnezzari(m): 4:06pm On Jan 12, 2017
Yungwizzzy:
I don't want to waste that one year serving any country.

Let's say I'm leaving country sha.

How do I get my certificate, please?

It's very possible for one to serve in your place, while you go about your business...If you wanna do business Holland me, but I don't come cheap.
Re: How Do I Skip NYSC? by nebukadnezzari(m): 4:10pm On Jan 12, 2017
elchymo:
Solution lies with ur LGI. (local government inspector). Attend camp first,(A MUST). then proceed to the local government u were posted to. Arrange with LGI, he/she gets to keep all ur monthly allowances and secure ur certificate while u pursue ur masters program.

Learners , no be must to attend camp first...Seen it happen a million times
Re: How Do I Skip NYSC? by holysainbj(m): 4:54pm On Jan 12, 2017
laudate:

Those who enter into a debate for NYSC to be scrapped are either highly ignorant, or have not taken out time to research about how the programme can be beneficial to them.

As for the 'good' job you got after writing your exams in the university, it would be an entry level position. Let me offer my congratulations. Come back after one year on the job, and share your experience here. undecided Organisational culture and office politics has a way of colouring one's experiences.

If you however decide to switch jobs, or work for a multinational in the future, they would definitely request for your NYSC Certificate.
Now u r getting to my point, why should it be required to get a job? and u say people clamouring for the scrapping are highly ignorant? I hear u sir, u now know better than ur teachers, than those young guys up there in the senate wanting the scrap of it, yes, young guys who have seen that its truly not worth it just to gallivant, socialize for 1 yr, one year! the older senators will always fight it, have they finished filling their pockets from the scheme? so it must go on ...
On a lighter note, it should be made a thing of choice but not mandatory and a job requirement.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Skip NYSC? by laudate: 4:58pm On Jan 12, 2017
holysainbj:

Now u r getting to my point, why should it be required to get a job? and u say people clamouring for the scrapping are highly ignorant? I hear u sir, u now know better than ur teachers, than those young guys up there in the senate wanting the scrap of it, yes, young guys who have seen that its truly not worth it just to gallivant, socialize for 1 yr, one year! the older senators will always fight it, have they finished filling their pockets from the scheme? so it must go on ...
On a lighter note, it should be made a thing of choice but not mandatory and a job requirement.

You are using those chaps in the Senate, most of whom are faulty, failed, unscrupulous politicians as your yardstick??!! I laugh in Greek! cheesy

Someone else has told you clearly on this thread, that if not for NYSC some communities would NOT have any access to a doctor or a teacher...and you are still here claiming NYSC is not worth it. Let me leave you to your delusions! sad
Re: How Do I Skip NYSC? by holysainbj(m): 5:29pm On Jan 12, 2017
laudate:

You are using those chaps in the Senate, most of whom are faulty, failed, unscrupulous politicians as your yardstick??!! I laugh in Greek! cheesy

Someone else has told you clearly on this thread, that if not for NYSC some communities would NOT have any access to a doctor or a teacher...and you are still here claiming NYSC is not worth it. Let me leave you to your delusions! sad
They are failed, yet u refuse to run every election year?
So NYSC is for humanitarian purposes now eh? no longer what the fed govt penned it down to be, the purpose is then defeated..
I leave u to your presumptions

1 Like

Re: How Do I Skip NYSC? by laudate: 5:50pm On Jan 12, 2017
holysainbj:
They are failed, yet u refuse to run every election year?
So NYSC is for humanitarian purposes now eh? no longer what the fed govt penned it down to be, the purpose is then defeated..
I leave u to your presumptions

Does a person need to run for election, every election year even if he/she does not have any political inclination to do so? shocked And what are the aims of the NYSC that the federal govt penned it down to be? Do those aims conflict with the provision of doctors or teachers, to underserved communities? undecided Enlighten us please, if you can. Oh I forgot.... I am actually talking to a small twenty-something year old fresh graduate of a university, who has gotten carried away by the euphoria of getting his first job!!

Let me laugh very well in Chinese! cheesy
Re: How Do I Skip NYSC? by holysainbj(m): 7:07pm On Jan 12, 2017
laudate:

Does a person need to run for election, every election year even if he/she does not have any political inclination to do so? shocked And what are the aims of the NYSC that the federal govt penned it down to be? Do those aims conflict with the provision of doctors or teachers, to underserved communities? undecided Enlighten us please, if you can. Oh I forgot.... I am actually talking to a small twenty-something year old fresh graduate of a university, who has gotten carried away by the euphoria of getting his first job!!

Let me laugh very well in Chinese! cheesy
and u are 30+ right?
this was a simple argument and u r sounding this pained? ok sir 30+
Re: How Do I Skip NYSC? by laudate: 9:03pm On Jan 12, 2017
holysainbj:
and u are 30+ right?
this was a simple argument and u r sounding this pained? ok sir 30+

Nah... pained, ke? Over what?? You?? shocked shocked Let me laugh very well...in Chinese! cheesy Kids like you are too amusing for words.
Re: How Do I Skip NYSC? by Milichoco(f): 10:42pm On Jan 12, 2017
prettyboi1989:

ehen if that is the case how come thousands keep going for nysc without opting for the excemption certificate if it were readily available like u claim?
so u are now the DG of nysc that decides who gets exemption certificate ba? this pic is from the nysc website so dont mislead people. the part of going to apply for the certificate in the university one graduated from is only for those who meet these criteria.
m sure u misread d eligibility part and thought its for everybody
I will not reply you further before you talk me to death.

This exemption letter is for everyone provided you give a tangible excuse!

Reasons many people still go for nysc is because they enjoy the stipend they're been given or haven't found a job yet.

Thanks and Goodbye!

PS: My bro graduated from unical with firstclass and read Medicine. He's also very young!

He took an exemption letter, why? He was given scholarship to further his education in UK.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Skip NYSC? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jan 12, 2017
Milichoco:
I will not reply you further before you talk me to death.

This exemption letter is for everyone provided you give a tangible excuse!

Reasons many people still go for nysc is because they enjoy the stipend they're been given or haven't found a job yet.

Thanks and Goodbye!

PS: My bro graduated from unical with firstclass and read Medicine. He's also very young!

He took an exemption letter, why? He was given scholarship to further his education in UK.
lol are u tired of talking?
anyways i observed u into website design, do u by any chance knw anything about seo or how to increase a blog's ranking on google
Re: How Do I Skip NYSC? by Milichoco(f): 11:12pm On Jan 12, 2017
prettyboi1989:

lol are u tired of talking?
anyways i observed u into website design, do u by any chance knw anything about seo or how to increase a blog's ranking on google
Yeap
Re: How Do I Skip NYSC? by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jan 12, 2017
Milichoco:
Yeap
can we av lyk a teacher student somtin, i need u to guide me in seo for my blog
Re: How Do I Skip NYSC? by Milichoco(f): 11:27pm On Jan 12, 2017
prettyboi1989:

can we av lyk a teacher student somtin, i need u to guide me in seo for my blog
ion have time for the 'Teacher Student Something'.
The answer you require might be in google.
If you want someone to perform the work, then contact me.
Re: How Do I Skip NYSC? by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jan 12, 2017
Milichoco:
ion have time for the 'Teacher Student Something'.
The answer you require might be in google.
If you want someone to perform the work, then contact me.
come on u cudnt even try sound sweet. its nt like u'll take me through the whole background of what seo means. i want a magic wand tip. all i c on google is stuff about keyword and meta description. m nt sure it can work for the type of tinz i blog about as i dont own the contents. what i need help in is knowing what to do to increase the ranking biko
Re: How Do I Skip NYSC? by Milichoco(f): 11:41pm On Jan 12, 2017
prettyboi1989:

come on u cudnt even try sound sweet. its nt like u'll take me through the whole background of what seo means. i want a magic wand tip. all i c on google is stuff about keyword and meta description. m nt sure it can work for the type of tinz i blog about as i dont own the contents. what i need help in is knowing what to do to increase the ranking biko
gimme your whatsapp number, we're derailing the thread
Re: How Do I Skip NYSC? by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jan 12, 2017
Re: How Do I Skip NYSC? by Milichoco(f): 11:50pm On Jan 12, 2017
prettyboi1989:
ok, you can edit your number for security.
Re: How Do I Skip NYSC? by Nobody: 11:54pm On Jan 12, 2017
Milichoco:
ok, you can edit your number for security.
tank u
Re: How Do I Skip NYSC? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jan 13, 2017
slinkman:
ignore the deluded fellow.. just be a ghost corper , at least that's what I did...
how? teach me
Re: How Do I Skip NYSC? by UniqueGenii: 8:30pm On Jan 22, 2017
Call me on 09056064845 for speedy redeployment to any state of your choice.
Re: How Do I Skip NYSC? by Nobody: 10:44am On Jan 23, 2017
holysainbj:

we are saying thesame thing sir
u said I might make worthwhile contacts there, am saying I already have made them and can't risk them by going to NYSC , so u see bro it all boils down to survival...
what about sustainability?
Re: How Do I Skip NYSC? by ElDadd: 7:25pm On May 07, 2017
Can someone still ghost nysc inspite of their biometrics?
Re: How Do I Skip NYSC? by richie9093(m): 4:00am On May 15, 2017
holysainbj:

Thanks man, I'll see how it goes...

Hey, Bruh! how did your enquiry go? Did you finally find a way to skip it or you decided to do the whole year?

Pls I need your response. I'm currently in the same dilemma you were in.
Re: How Do I Skip NYSC? by holysainbj(m): 6:33am On May 15, 2017
richie9093:

Hey, Bruh! how did your enquiry go? Did you finally find a way to skip it or you decided to do the whole year?

Pls I need your response. I'm currently in the same dilemma you were in.
morning man, yes i did see a way through it.
Re: How Do I Skip NYSC? by richie9093(m): 2:20pm On May 15, 2017
holysainbj:

morning man, yes i did see a way through it.

Afternoon, bruh, pls can you put me through on how you did it with this whole biometric brouhaha? I've sent you a pm already.

I'm furthering my education this year and I can't allow NYSC hold me back otherwise I'll lose the admission.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NYSC Gives Conditions For Payment Of Allowances / Bride Plays Brigade Drum With Her CDS Colleagues On Her Wedding (video) / Youth Corpers Clear Dump Site To The Surprise Of Oby Ezekwesili‏

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.