Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,313 members, 7,780,758 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:21 PM

. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / . (2122 Views)

My Brother In Law Barged Into My Room While I Was Unclad!! / Will You Allow Your Baby To Be Carried This Way By The Babysitter? (photos) / The Inhumane Act I Have Experiencing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by bitcoinmilliona: 7:20am On Jan 11, 2017
Re: . by Ezemarcel(m): 7:26am On Jan 11, 2017
My brother... Sorry but... Am coming
Re: . by Nobody: 7:27am On Jan 11, 2017
I'm really sorry for what happened to you after your wedding, why not go to the bank and find out why.
Re: . by Florblu(f): 7:29am On Jan 11, 2017
I am so sorry about this and I really sympathize with you.I am tired of this country where a staff could be lay off at any time without proper consultations. Diamond bank no try at all.I pray you find help soon.
Re: . by Nobody: 7:30am On Jan 11, 2017
Confirm first from your supervisor why the bank treated you that way( which I think non justifies) before going ahead with your complaint.
A really sad situation here in Nigeria where coys reduce its employees to nothing.
God Bless Your Union and Will Provide for you.
Re: . by Dexema(m): 7:34am On Jan 11, 2017
Catalin:
I'm really sorry for what happened to you after your wedding, why not go to the bank and find out why.
Yes go and find out but don't take the token and any other documents along with you just in case.
Re: . by bitcoinmilliona: 7:39am On Jan 11, 2017
Dexema:

Yes go and find out but don't take the token and any other documents along with you just in case.
Why?
Re: . by Dexema(m): 7:57am On Jan 11, 2017
bitcoinmilliona:

Why?
Don't you think you need to gather evidence, just in case? By the way you haven't been officially fired so having them in your possession is not out of place.
Re: . by sisisioge: 8:09am On Jan 11, 2017
Get your facts correct. Go and ask. If it's exactly as thought, get help from alausa free of charge. There are human right lawyers there that specialize in labour issues like this.

By the way, try to read your terms of employment again. It is well.

1 Like

Re: . by bitcoinmilliona: 8:13am On Jan 11, 2017
sisisioge:
Get your facts correct. Go and ask. If it's exactly as thought, get help from alausa free of charge. There are human right lawyers there that specialize in labour issues like this.

By the way, try to read your terms of employment again. It is well.

Thanks dear. Pls note that I'm a full staff not contract

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 8:15am On Jan 11, 2017
Florblu:
I am so sorry about this and I really sympathize with you.I am tired of this country where a staff could be lay off at any time without proper consultations. Diamond bank no try at all.I pray you find help soon.
Who told you its Diamond??
Dont let ITK give yah fatality ooo.
Re: . by xynerise: 8:17am On Jan 11, 2017
Which one is "the bank name starts with D"? We just have one bank in Nigeria that starts with D. No need playing trivia games

1 Like

Re: . by sisisioge: 8:20am On Jan 11, 2017
bitcoinmilliona:

Imagine! Pele...U could shake them up a little. But let's get the facts right since they haven't contacted you directly about any termination.
Re: . by Everblazinggg(f): 8:36am On Jan 11, 2017
Shit happens bro.....get over it
Re: . by DukeNija(m): 8:51am On Jan 11, 2017
Everblazinggg:
Shit happens bro.....get over it

And is this supposed to be an advice?
Re: . by Nobody: 9:39am On Jan 11, 2017
Go and find out what your situation is officially. Though that's very bad of the 'D' bank. That style of termination is mostly used for contract staff. Start looking for a better job except you have money to spend and time to waste. Remember you have a new wife to feed and possibly a new born to care for in the next 9/10months. So be fast about it, bro. Sorry.

1 Like

Re: . by Viking007(m): 11:32am On Jan 11, 2017
Na wa. Sorry o. Bank jobs are never secure. You've got some good suggestions above.
Good luck.
Re: . by Nobody: 11:58am On Jan 11, 2017
Normally, if you are on leave,your password is likely to expire and with time,u will stop receiving mail.Did you receive any mail to that effect or was your supervisor advised.Before you conclude, check to confirm.

1 Like

Re: . by dangotesmummy: 3:11pm On Jan 11, 2017
Dayamond wink

Go to the m.d and complain. Some Nigerians are wild animals when they get small power to exercise over others
Re: . by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jan 11, 2017
Hello op,
I may be able to advise you accordingly if you answer the following questions:
1. for how many years exactly have you been working for the bank?
2. was any additional money added to your last salary? If so, was it up to a month's salary?
3. does your contract of employment (letter of employment and/or company handbook) provide for the length of notice the bank is to give employees before they terminate their appointments? If it does, how long does it provide for?

1 Like

Re: . by Florblu(f): 8:51pm On Jan 11, 2017
Justdulla:

Who told you its Diamond??
Dont let ITK give yah fatality ooo.

@justdullard, only an intellectual will know it is diamond bank.Don't make an effort.
Re: . by Ezionye(f): 9:09pm On Jan 11, 2017
bitcoinmilliona:

Wat?? A full staff being treated like this, then what is d fate of those on contract.

Please u need to reread your terms of employment so u can know where and how to table your complaint. This is bad.
Re: . by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jan 11, 2017

Re: . by freshbear(m): 9:41pm On Jan 11, 2017
look no further. It is diamond bank.My friend was affected too.Got fired on 28 DEC n was advised to write letter of resignation!she is so confused n desperate right now.Bunch of heartless peeps in diamond bank.
Re: . by Chiefpriest1(m): 7:23am On Jan 12, 2017
This is really unfortunate. But from experience, I would advise that you don't sit down and mourn or throw a pity party if you eventually confirm it's true. No time to waste.

Keep the hustle tight. Don't allow ppl start telling you 'sorry o'.

Secondly, with your wife just coming in or about to come in , your mind might begin to play some tricks on you.

As Africans, and with the way some of us were brought up, you might start thinking your wife carries "badluck".

Please don't entertain the thought and dont let anybody convince you. It has nothing to do with her.

The economy is generally bad and companies are taking cost cutting measures.

I pray you successfully surmount this hurdle. All the best.

(1) (Reply)

Witchcraft Or Life Just Happened?? / See What They Are Saying This Morning in Lagos / I Do Not Want To Lose My Marriage, What Do I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.