Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,904 members, 7,802,932 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:02 AM

Fulani Cattle Take Over Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University (Photo) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Fulani Cattle Take Over Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University (Photo) (39213 Views)

Maryleen Uluaku Ndubuaku Graduates With Distinction From UK University Photo / Rape Victim Set To Graduate From North Caroline State University (Photo) / Female Student Electrocuted At Rivers State University (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fulani Cattle Take Over Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University (Photo) by Daveed4Jesus(m): 7:23am On Jan 11, 2017
AWKA- VISITORS to the Igbariam campus of the Anambra State-owned Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University often express worry over the manner in which cattles and members of the university community struggle for space in the area. In fact, some first time visitors think that the campus has officially been designated a grazing area considering the large number of cows and herdsmen that roam the campus daily. It is common to see cow dung litter all the asphalted roads that crisscross the campus.

Oftentimes cows are seen surrounding lecture halls, faculty and administrative buildings even when work is going on.

Common feature Sometimes the cows would cause traffic chaos as the herdsmen take their time to accompany them to their grazing areas inside the campus.

South East Voice recalls that sometime in 2015, the university authorities complained bitterly over the matter and a meeting was held between leaders of Fulani and the traditional ruler of Igbariam, Igwe Kelly on how to reduce the friction between the herdsmen and farmers in the area.

Though the herdsmen withdrew from the campus that time, they later returned and have been having a field day since.

Some of the workers in the university who spoke on the matter said they have resigned to fate, adding that the sight of the cows has become a common feature in the university. According to some of those who spoke, cows have become part of the university community since nobody was prepared to chase them away.

Mr. Stan Nwobi, who went to the university to transact a private business at the time SEV visited, said he is used to the sight anytime he visits the university, describing it as an anomaly. He said: “It is embarrassing to see this kind of thing in the university campus every day and I wonder what the management of the university is doing about it. Sometimes one would stay for minutes waiting for cows to pass, even when one is trying to beat time.”

Nwobi said the attraction of the herdsmen into the campus might be the greenish environment and artificial lakes that provide water for the cows, but insisted that something should be done to stop the herdsmen from messing up the environment.

A staff of the university, who gave his name as Douglas said there was a time students threatened to handle the matter their own way, but were stopped by the management.

He said that sometimes, hundreds of cows could be seen roaming the campus and destroying farmlands, wondering why the herdsmen should be acting as if they were above the law. “I know that authorities of this university can stop this menace if they want to, but it would appear that they are afraid of taking the necessary action and I don’t know why,” Douglas said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/01/fulani-cattle-take-ojukwu-varsity/

Photo: Cows grazing inside Ojukwu Varsity premises

Re: Fulani Cattle Take Over Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University (Photo) by eyeview: 7:45am On Jan 11, 2017
Ojukwu has no university.
That cow dungs liter an environment doesn't mean that Fulani herdsmen have taken over the school.

Stop publishing sensational headlines that can overheat the polity.

118 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fulani Cattle Take Over Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University (Photo) by redcliff: 9:30am On Jan 11, 2017
Na so!
Re: Fulani Cattle Take Over Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University (Photo) by softmind24: 9:30am On Jan 11, 2017
op smoking iBo is not good for an Igbo man because it will be double dose of IBO grin grin

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fulani Cattle Take Over Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University (Photo) by Nobody: 9:30am On Jan 11, 2017
grin grin grin grin
Re: Fulani Cattle Take Over Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University (Photo) by hyfr(m): 9:31am On Jan 11, 2017
After watching Nnmadi kalu's lawyers speech after the court session, I realized that they have no case against the man. Maybe the federal government wants to keep him so he won't start an agitation that will join forces with the recession to wreck the country. That man is totally free. He is accused of felony abi treason but the evidences against him is just about how and what he was doing when he was arrested, even the so called goods they said he imported are not contrabands and went through the border as the law demands. We can only make Nigeria great if we put aside our differences .

129 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Fulani Cattle Take Over Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University (Photo) by xtremeidea(m): 9:31am On Jan 11, 2017
Re: Fulani Cattle Take Over Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University (Photo) by hyfr(m): 9:31am On Jan 11, 2017
eyeview:
That cow dungs liter an environment doesn't mean that Fulani herdsmen have taken over the school.

u mad

62 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Fulani Cattle Take Over Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University (Photo) by wellmax(m): 9:31am On Jan 11, 2017
Government should Do something about these cattle please

1 Like

Re: Fulani Cattle Take Over Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University (Photo) by INTROVERT(f): 9:31am On Jan 11, 2017
Re: Fulani Cattle Take Over Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University (Photo) by Icon4s(m): 9:31am On Jan 11, 2017
Cows too want to receive education.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Cattle Take Over Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University (Photo) by CecyAdrian(f): 9:32am On Jan 11, 2017
That's how they go about heating up everywhere with cheap lies

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Cattle Take Over Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University (Photo) by Arry110(m): 9:32am On Jan 11, 2017
People can exaggerate things how is this thing taking over?.0

3 Likes

Re: Fulani Cattle Take Over Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University (Photo) by Allspired: 9:32am On Jan 11, 2017
He said that sometimes, hundreds of cows could be seen roaming the campus and destroying farmlands, wondering why the herdsmen should be acting as if they were above the law. “I know that authorities of this university can stop this menace if they want to, but it would appear that they are afraid of taking the necessary action and I don’t know why,” Douglas said.

If there are farmlands within the school premises, why won't there be cattles?
Oga Obiano I beg convert that school to university of Agriculture or cattle ranch.

6 Likes

Re: Fulani Cattle Take Over Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University (Photo) by CecyAdrian(f): 9:32am On Jan 11, 2017
hyfr:
u mad

Shut up!!!!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Cattle Take Over Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University (Photo) by Mckandre(m): 9:33am On Jan 11, 2017
Hm
Its my birthday,show some love b4 I kill my sef angry

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fulani Cattle Take Over Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University (Photo) by Cope1(m): 9:33am On Jan 11, 2017
Observing
Re: Fulani Cattle Take Over Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University (Photo) by Ermacc: 9:33am On Jan 11, 2017
eyeview:

3 Likes

Re: Fulani Cattle Take Over Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University (Photo) by Alasi20(m): 9:33am On Jan 11, 2017
OK
Re: Fulani Cattle Take Over Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University (Photo) by Nobody: 9:34am On Jan 11, 2017
That is the welcome development, at least it is not that FFK has taken over Ojukwu's wife again

7 Likes

Re: Fulani Cattle Take Over Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University (Photo) by TANTUMERGO007(m): 9:34am On Jan 11, 2017
Afonja eyes no be open eyes cool

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Cattle Take Over Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University (Photo) by ettybaba(m): 9:34am On Jan 11, 2017
softmind24:
sad
Hahaha....
The chest beaters should defend their hero.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fulani Cattle Take Over Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University (Photo) by chiboy90: 9:35am On Jan 11, 2017
hmmmm...this needs more attention!
Re: Fulani Cattle Take Over Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University (Photo) by serikiYCU(m): 9:35am On Jan 11, 2017
What makes you think those cattle doesn't belong to the university. I've been to Uniben where the cattle from the University frm graze within the university premise. Pls dnt over heat the already ten society.

14 Likes

Re: Fulani Cattle Take Over Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University (Photo) by GMBuhari: 9:36am On Jan 11, 2017
The unifacity dey function?

Hehehehe he
Re: Fulani Cattle Take Over Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University (Photo) by hyfr(m): 9:36am On Jan 11, 2017
Mckandre:
Hm
Its my birthday,show some love b4 I kill my sef angry
even share u no go see wink
Re: Fulani Cattle Take Over Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University (Photo) by abumeinben(m): 9:37am On Jan 11, 2017
eyeview:

Who cares if Ojukwu had University or not?

Did awolowo have a university or did Amadu Bello have?

We're talking about potential danger and you're pointing left.

Bro, those Fulani herdsmen are timeless bombs, very unpredictable.

Cows destroying crops is like a sack letter at a workplace.

20 Likes

Re: Fulani Cattle Take Over Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University (Photo) by chiboy90: 9:37am On Jan 11, 2017
lol...really true. btw take ur own 'yeye' too
Re: Fulani Cattle Take Over Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University (Photo) by omololu2020(m): 9:38am On Jan 11, 2017
is a lie it can ever happen in the south east,the school is located in the south west

4 Likes

Re: Fulani Cattle Take Over Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University (Photo) by hyfr(m): 9:38am On Jan 11, 2017
CecyAdrian:

Shut up!!!!
why

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Delta Polytechnic Students Charging Their Phones / Aston University Student Interrupts Lecturer As He Uses Blender During Lecture / Did I Do Wrong To Study In Maritime Academy Of Nigeria??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.