Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,560 members, 7,809,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:39 PM

Auto License Mistakes! Shine Your Eyes. Be Vigilant! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Auto License Mistakes! Shine Your Eyes. Be Vigilant! (577 Views)

5 Mistakes You Should Carefully Avoid When Driving / Mistakes To Avoid When Driving An Automatic Transmission Car / Nigerians Can Now Get Their Driver's License Online !!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Auto License Mistakes! Shine Your Eyes. Be Vigilant! by MeAgain(m): 12:21pm On Jan 11, 2017
Welcome my esteemed readers.

After 8 months of having renewed vehicle papers, we proceeded on a journey to Asaba. On our way, we were stopped by law enforcement officers. Papers were checked and we were allowed to go. As we made it to exit the Benin by-pass and head towards Agbor, we were stopped again. With confidence, we stopped and handed the papers as usual. We were expecting this guy to return the papers. Instead he was checking the papers word for word, digit for digit. We started being impatient. I asked, officer what is wrong? knowing well that he may want something. But alas!, his detailing worked. He found a "V" that was written as "U". This became a heated argument. unfortunately for me, the third eyes around are his colleagues. But truthfully, its neither a U nor a V. Something in-between. We had to negotiate our way out. Very painful for just an error and they know it.

Have you ever gone to any government agency to process a document? If you have, you will agree with me that it is a herculean task if you have to do it yourself. There are several bottlenecks in place to frustrate you. As a result, people without the luxury of time often get someone to have it done.

Now, here is the problem. These people are prone to mistakes as they rarely pay attention to detail. They only calculate how much money to make while helping you. Putting your trust in these guys might be costly as in our case. But we are not alone. There are a lot of us in this situation.

To avoid the exploitative situation, endeavour to check the particulars when given to you. Do a detailed word for word, digit for digit check. This way you are double sure.

We learnt our mistake. We hope you do not learn it the hard way just like we did

Source: http://www.fixyourcarng1.com/auto-license-mistakes-shine-your-eyes-be-vigilant/

(1) (Reply)

Latest Machine CES 2017: Toyota’s Artificial Intelligence-enhanced Concept / Seriously In Need Of A Bus Or Sienna For Hirepurchase Business / Nig Customs Seizes Various Vehicles Belonging To A Serving Senator In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.